Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,405 members, 7,861,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:09 AM

Why Atiku Should Be The Next President, By Youth Leader - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Atiku Should Be The Next President, By Youth Leader (743 Views)

Ayo Fayose Explains Why Atiku, Northern Leaders "Dumped" APC. / Yunusa Halid, PDP Youth Leader Tears Membership Card In Public (Photos) / Why Atiku Should Win APC Presidential Primaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Atiku Should Be The Next President, By Youth Leader by Nobody: 11:09am On Sep 08, 2013
Alhaji Aminu Yuguda Gusau is coordinator of Youth Coalition for Turaki 2015, North-west zone, and publicity secretary of Gusau Progressive League. Gusau tells Vincent Obia why former Vice President Atiku Abubakar should be the next president of Nigeria. Excerpts:

Why did you form the Youth Coalition for Turaki 2015?

Coalition for Turaki 2015 is to mobilise support from citizens of this country, particularly, the youth, to ensure that Turakin Adamawa is elected president in 2015. We are struggling and we will by God’s grace reach the target, first of all, to ensure he scales through the PDP presidential primaries, and then the general election.

On why Atiku should become president in 2015, as I am talking to you now I have never met with Turaki one-on-one. But I have interest in him based on some reasons, particularly, his patriotic nature and leadership quality. I read him before now and because of what I saw in him, I believe that if given the chance in the next election, he will be a leader who can deliver abundant dividends to the people of this nation.

What makes you believe that Atiku can solve the problems of this country?

I believe he is somebody who has studied the problems of this country, and I believe he has the interest of Nigerians at heart. As a matter of fact, he has the sympathy of many Nigerians. Atiku is prudent and has self-control.

What are some of the leadership qualities you can ascribe to Atiku?

Justice, because when there is justice everything would go smoothly in leadership. Again, any leader who doesn’t have justice at heart would definitely have problems in his leadership. So, Turakin Adamawa is somebody who has always fought for justice all his life. This is in addition to his wide acceptance and among meaning Nigerians. He is also somebody full of patriotism; he loves his country and always wants to see it developed, socially and economically. Turaki, if given a chance, would take this country to the Promised Land.

Do you think the All Progressives Congress would be a big threat to PDP in 2015?

The registration of APC is a welcome development and healthy for the nation’s democracy. However, PDP still retains its preeminent position and also continues to enjoy the widest popularity and acceptance among Nigerians across the country. In fact, this is very healthy for our democracy and we hope that from now the opposition will eschew all forms of bitterness and desperation and desist from politics of propaganda, which characterised their former parties.

But do you think Atiku still commands respect in PDP after leaving the party for Action Congress and coming back?

To me, Turaki had left because of some unfortunate things that were happening in PDP then and he believed it would not be good for the country’s democracy. For him to dump the political party he helped to form, I think, was to correct some things in the country’s democracy, which has really succeeded in doing. He floated AC as political party and it has brought positive change in Nigeria’s democracy. Atiku later left AC and returned to PDP because it is the only political party that has a seed that was planted since it was floated in 1998 and that seed, no one is capable of harvesting, except Atiku. That was why he returned home. Atiku has planted important things in PDP that would benefit Nigerians and that seed has germinated and is almost ripe for harvest. The seed I mean is the presidency and the time for that seat is around the corner and Insha Allah he is going to be on that seat come 2015.

What are some of the issues you think leaders of the country must urgently tackle?

I have talked of justice. Then the problem of insecurity, which I believe is one of results of unemployment. Corruption is another issue of concern which I believe must be looked into. Welfare of the people and the development of the state resources. Another area of importance is respect for all citizens, irrespective of party differences.

How would you rate Atiku’s performance as a vice president?
His contribution to the growth of democracy in this country cannot be forgotten. While he was vice president, he ensured that the principles of democracy were respected. Atiku is somebody who respects others irrespective of party differences. His stand for unity, transparency and a sense of belonging for all Nigerians is what is really behind his wide acceptance by Nigerians.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/why-atiku-should-be-the-next-president-by-youth-leader/158481/
Re: Why Atiku Should Be The Next President, By Youth Leader by knash1(m): 11:25am On Sep 08, 2013
After 8 yrs as vice president. the best thing for him is to go back to his normal life. HE HAS NOTHING AGAIN TO OFFER..... SIMPLEY....

1 Like

Re: Why Atiku Should Be The Next President, By Youth Leader by Nobody: 12:59pm On Sep 08, 2013
Everyone who has tasted the national cake wants a bigger share of it.... This country needs to be formatted

1 Like

Re: Why Atiku Should Be The Next President, By Youth Leader by Maxymilliano(m): 1:59pm On Sep 08, 2013
Atiku is a businessman with a mind in politics. He thinks politics could be played the way business can be managed. If he is not careful, he will soon become a rolling stone that gathers no moss. The earlier he realizes this, the better for him ... Chief Bisi Akande

2 Likes

Re: Why Atiku Should Be The Next President, By Youth Leader by Bigcake: 3:17pm On Sep 08, 2013
Did i just suggest we shld kill all dis old recycled politicians n breed new ones between d ages of 25yrs to 45yrs maximum.

2 Likes

Re: Why Atiku Should Be The Next President, By Youth Leader by Nobody: 4:09pm On Sep 08, 2013
Bigcake: Did i just suggest we shld kill all dis old recycled politicians n breed new ones between d ages of 25yrs to 45yrs maximum.
You have my total concurrence on this one... A hitman should be hired for those old thiefs cool

1 Like

Re: Why Atiku Should Be The Next President, By Youth Leader by mekaboy(m): 4:29pm On Sep 08, 2013
aikluck007:
You have my total concurrence on this one... A hitman should be hired for those old thiefs cool

Will the new generation support child marriage?
Re: Why Atiku Should Be The Next President, By Youth Leader by Nobody: 4:37pm On Sep 08, 2013
mekaboy:

Will the new generation support child marriage?
OMG!! undecided
Re: Why Atiku Should Be The Next President, By Youth Leader by Bigcake: 4:48pm On Sep 08, 2013
aikluck007:
dis is d time we need Shekau most. And for record purpose there shall be no child marriage too.

1 Like

Re: Why Atiku Should Be The Next President, By Youth Leader by mekaboy(m): 6:26pm On Sep 08, 2013
Bigcake: dis is d time we need Shekau most. And for record purpose there shall be no child marriage too.

What will you compensate shekau with if not child marriage?

(1) (Reply)

NSA Harvesting Hundreds Of Millions Of Personal Email Contact Lists / Why Voters Must Punish Ngige In The November 16th Anambra Election / Traders Move To Stop APGA Candidate, Obiano, Over Comments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.