Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,420 members, 7,958,243 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:14 AM

The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family (16506 Views)

Interesting Facts About The Igbo People / Common Beautiful Names From The Igbo Tribe / What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by omonnakoda: 1:33pm On Sep 13, 2013
I think for balance the Ibos should consider how others see them not how they LIKE to see themselves.
Many in out out of Nigeria see them as boastful, loud and unscrupulous and while this is likely to be the case for a few the reality is that Ibos like ALL other black people in comparison to the rest of the world are relatively impoverished and deprived. The earlier people faced realities the sooner they can improve their circumstances.

7 Likes

Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by moscobabs(m): 1:33pm On Sep 13, 2013
nothing concern me...1st impression last forever.I only know Igbo for their bad altitude.I won't talk more than this

3 Likes

Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by peziz(f): 1:33pm On Sep 13, 2013
yuzedo: Biko anam acho nwunye.. Imalu ezigbo nwanyi mara mma ga adi nze dika'm mma, zitara'm PM ozigbo ozigbo. Daalu nu! grin kiss
anom n'eba. i ga bu nwoke mara mma? achorum onye joro n'jo. cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Wulfruna(f): 1:41pm On Sep 13, 2013
Obama's name was originally Mbama. From Imo State. grin

Seriously sha, bringing this to Nairaland, NOT a gud idea. Taking it to front page, are u kidding me? undecided undecided

Ibos already have a 'reputation' for claiming, and you go and do this? How about writing articles that address issues facing ibos at home instead of concerning ur self with Americans who their papa-papa-papa happened to be an Ibo slave? Eh? undecided

8 Likes

Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by CocoLoca(f): 1:45pm On Sep 13, 2013
Big4wig: Ndi igbo kwenu....

if ur proud TO BE IGBO(not weed..lol)BOLDLY CLICK LIKE JOR cos igbo's rock

#BIGWIG
Click like? Anam anu..Hiss! undecided
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Nobody: 1:51pm On Sep 13, 2013
When people hate on you, it only means they are envious of your success, obviously success brings envy.

7 Likes

Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Nobody: 1:52pm On Sep 13, 2013
If the tables were turned and this were Yoruba...there would be little to no complaints.

11 Likes

Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Nobody: 1:53pm On Sep 13, 2013
I keep saying that the average Nigerian is intrinsically anti-Igbo.

Even Igbos. Sad.

7 Likes

Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by TheBookWorm: 1:55pm On Sep 13, 2013
Nice story.

Many African-Americans can trace their roots to the Igbo.

Reverend TD Jakes

Forest Whitaker

Danny Glover

Blair Underwood

3 Likes

Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Larrylarex(m): 1:58pm On Sep 13, 2013
Sery777:

IDIOT,i Was reliably informed dat ur head is filled with sawdust.ANUMPAM,KIP hating IGBOS it doesn't stop us from progressing and buying up all ur lands.
And if u buy up the lands and develop it, you'll take it to ur village bah? Which place gets developed afterall?
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Larrylarex(m): 1:59pm On Sep 13, 2013
Sery777:

IDIOT,i Was reliably informed dat ur head is filled with sawdust.ANUMPAM,KIP hating IGBOS it doesn't stop us from progressing and buying up all ur lands.
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by eagleeye2: 2:02pm On Sep 13, 2013
omonnakoda: I think for balance the Ibos should consider how others see them not how they LIKE to see themselves.
Many in out out of Nigeria see them as boastful, loud and unscrupulous and while this is likely to be the case for a few the reality is that Ibos like ALL other black people in comparison to the rest of the world are relatively impoverished and deprived. The earlier people faced realities the sooner they can improve their circumstances.
What you say or think about them does not really matter.. What matters is what the say about themselves and God says about them.

11 Likes

Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by TheBookWorm: 2:10pm On Sep 13, 2013
Here are some successful Igbos in politics and acting.

Chuka Umunna

Chiwetel Ejiofor

Godson Chikama Onyekwere or John Godson Poland's First African in Parliament
[img]http://i.wp.pl/a/f/jpeg/30618/600pap_john_godson.jpeg[/img]

2 Likes

Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by dayokanu(m): 2:33pm On Sep 13, 2013
I heard Bill gates too is Ibo
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by bigfrancis21: 2:38pm On Sep 13, 2013
TheBookWorm: Here are some successful Igbos in politics and acting.

Godson Chikama Onyekwere or John Godson Poland's First African in Parliament
[img]http://i.wp.pl/a/f/jpeg/30618/600pap_john_godson.jpeg[/img]

I've always known about Mr. Chuka Umunna and Mr. Chiwetelu Ejiofor. I didn't know of Mr. Godson Onyekwere. Poland's first African in Parliament? That's a nice achievement. Thanks for bringing this to my notice.
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by MrsChima(f): 2:38pm On Sep 13, 2013
Lol. grin grin grin

Bill Gates is Ibo! lipsrsealed
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by hollypagan: 2:41pm On Sep 13, 2013
igbo should use their language here not english, umu nne m dee nu asusu anyi

2 Likes

Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Wulfruna(f): 2:43pm On Sep 13, 2013
nnenna.1:
I keep saying that the average Nigerian is intrinsically anti-Igbo.

Even Igbos. Sad.

But its true oooo. How come people don't go to threads that celebrate Yoruba accomplishments to shout them down? undecided

6 Likes

Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by hollypagan: 2:46pm On Sep 13, 2013
omonnakoda: I think for balance the Ibos should consider how others see them not how they LIKE to see themselves.
if your angry create a noose and hang your self
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by hollypagan: 2:46pm On Sep 13, 2013
if your angry create a noose and hang your self

2 Likes

Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Erotex(m): 2:47pm On Sep 13, 2013
someone Once told me that all IGBOs seems to be a celebrity.
We are not all those tribe that women feed.

Speaking in Phyno voice "ego dim n'obi"

2 Likes

Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Lilchilz(m): 2:51pm On Sep 13, 2013
ichidodo: I want to bag me some yoruba heads in this thread.
your use of enqlish is v.poor....u sucks
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by TheBookWorm: 2:52pm On Sep 13, 2013
Michigan Representative John Olumba. He is also running for mayor of Detroit.

6 Likes

Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Lilimax(f): 2:55pm On Sep 13, 2013
TheBookWorm: Michigan Representative John Olumba. He is also running for mayor of Detroit.

Good to know grin
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Wulfruna(f): 2:55pm On Sep 13, 2013
Lil chilz: your use of enqlish is v.poor....u sucks

"U sucks" is actually poorer, Bartimaeus! tongue

2 Likes

Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Incredibleme: 2:58pm On Sep 13, 2013
i sense there are many tribalistic maniacs in this thread, people who are jealouse that they do not posses dat aura of prosperity that goes with evry igbo.
this was the case that led to the Biafra war, achebe lamented to this also. he said that the igbo came owt of the jungle, embraced civilization nd western education faster than any other tribe in nigaria, they arose rapidly to high places in the country during the sixties b4 the war.
my main point is, if everybody in nigeria apreciats the progress of the igbo man, and encourages him, nigeria wuld rise rapidly to the top best economies in the world.

i knw there will still be some unreasonable tribalist (mostly the ever jealous yorubas, its a pity cus they will ever be jealous nd compeat but will never meet up xcept t
by Gods doing) who wuld always blab and not learn.

6 Likes

Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by bakynes(m): 3:05pm On Sep 13, 2013
The only Problem I have with this thread is dat. The topic doesn't relate with the body of the write up.Why talk abt African American slaves that have Ibo decendants. You shd talk abt success of Igbos arnd the world. Keri Washington recently married a quarter back playing in the NFL and d guy has igbo parents and bears an igbo name as well even though he is American Now. Am yoruba bt the topic is to celebrate Igbos let's celebrate them we appreciate their contribution to the Nigerian Economy.

4 Likes

Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Incredibleme: 3:14pm On Sep 13, 2013
am begining to se reasonable people

1 Like

Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Littlehooper: 3:14pm On Sep 13, 2013
THIS IS RUBBISH!!! WHO TOLD U THAT IGBO VALUES EDUCATION.,,, IGBO PEOPLE ARE AFTER MONEY THAT'S WHY U WILL ALWAYS SEE THEM EVERY NOOK N CRANNIES IN NIGERIA, AFRICA......
IGBO - MONEY CONSCIOUS GENERATION...
IGBO TRAVEL SOLELY FOR BUSINESS;,, MAJORITY OF THEM ENGAGE IN DIRTY BUSINESS.....
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by TheBookWorm: 3:16pm On Sep 13, 2013
bakynes: You shd talk abt success of Igbos arnd the world. Keri Washington recently married a quarter back playing in the NFL and d guy has igbo parents and bears an igbo name as well even though he is American Now.

You are right.

Osi Umenyiora

Nnamdi Asomugha

Duke Ihenacho

2 Likes

Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Littlehooper: 3:22pm On Sep 13, 2013
I DIDN'T EVEN BOTHER MYSELF TO READ THE WHOLE ARTICLE.. MERE SEEING THE HEADLINES, MY COMMENT N OBSERVATIONS STRUCK MY MIND WITHIN A SECOND...
U WROTE RUBBISH.
WHO TOLD U THAT IGBO VALUES EDUCATION.... IGBO TRAVEL SOLELY TO DO DIRTY BUSINESS;MAKE QUICK MONEY....
PLS REMOVE THIS TREAD. IT WILL CAUSE PROBLEM (PREJUDICE ) SOON... ABEG!!!!
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Nobody: 3:25pm On Sep 13, 2013
moscobabs: nothing concern me...1st impression last forever.I only know Igbo for their bad altitude.I won't talk more than this
Bad ''ALTITUDE''?,Umean to say we fly higher than others?,Thanks for stating the obvious

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife Reveals Why He Likes To Mingle With The Common People.See His Reason / Which Culture Has The Strongest Influence Among The African Diaspora? / Police Uncover Plan To Abduct Arugba During Osun Osogbo Festival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.