Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,731 members, 7,955,783 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:58 PM

The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family (16501 Views)

Interesting Facts About The Igbo People / Common Beautiful Names From The Igbo Tribe / What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 14, 2013
omonnakoda:
The problem with you is you eat too much akpu and it clogs your brain you just wake up and say anything that enters your airy head. No!!! Kwara state not Enugu produces the most cashews almost half of what is produced in Nigeria.
Agriculure accounts for about 60% of our GDP so if we are talking production it must be AGRICULTURE. In terms of manufacturing pls don't make me laugh.All that talk about rice and yam does not deserve an answer the only thing you produce is AKPU and AKPU and that is why you have Hyperakpuraemia. Cocoa is the NUMBER TWO earner of forex in Nigeria produced mainly in the SW and places like Akwa Ibom and Cross River. You folk Produce Nothing !!!

i think am done with u abt this issue.
Am also glad u got a little educ
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by omonnakoda: 4:57pm On Sep 14, 2013
ngozievergreen:

i think am done with u abt this issue.
Am also glad u got a little educ
You are empty
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Nobody: 9:10pm On Sep 14, 2013
omonnakoda: You are empty
Just like Awo
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Nobody: 9:16pm On Sep 14, 2013
lygn19:
Just like Awo

see d ofeke talking abt cocoa. Hehehe.
If cocoa is dat lucrative, y are all their ppl dreaming of niger delta oil.

For her mind, nigeria is living off agriculture and cocoa at dat. *smh*
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Nobody: 9:23pm On Sep 14, 2013
Littlehooper:

MY DEAR SISTER, DON'T GIVE US EXAMPLE OR PROOF THAT ARE NOT GLARING... IGBO HAS THE HIGHEST CUT -OFF MARK FOR UNITY SCHOOL..... BLAH,BLAH BLAH.. NA RUBBISH BE THAT...
DURING WASSCE ,JAMB EXAMS IGBO STUDENTS DO DEPEND ON MACHINERY. THEY DO CARRY GUNS TO EXAM CENTRE.... MY RELATIVES N MY SISTER WHO SERVE HER FATHERLAND IN ONE OF IGBO STATE TESTIFY TO THIS...
DURING UNIPORT POST-UTME, BULL DOGS, N SECURITY AGENT(MOBILE POLICE) WERE USED IN D PROCESS OF CONDUCTING D POST UTME..THIS SHOWS A GREAT LENGTH (ILLEGAL WAYS) @ WHICH IGBO PEOPLE CAN GO THROUGH TO ACHIEVE THEIR AIMS.... MY SISTER GO N SIT DOWN..
TERTIARY INSTITUTION NOW...
RIGHT FROM ONSET SOUTH WEST (FEDERAL UNIVERSITIES ) HAS ALWAYS BEEN TOPPING.... .WHERE ARE THE IGBOS(FEDERAL UNIVERSITIES )
IGBO ARE MONEY CONSCIOUS TRIBE... THEY TRAVEL PURPOSELY TO GET MONEY IN ILLEGAL WAY....
Y re u scared of saying d BLAH BLAH BLAH now...its so funny how dz yoruba's act, when they want oil money portharcourt becomes's a non Igbo state,but when they start getting selfish,port harcourt becomes an Igbo state...lol'''shud I give u an example of a GCE I once witnessed in d so called fountain of knowledge(ekiti state)...where the invigilator wud carry chalk and start writing note(answers) on the board'''lol

1 Like

Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Nobody: 9:25pm On Sep 14, 2013
ngozievergreen:

I don't even know for dem o...cocoa dat any eediot can just wakeup and decide to plant I his backyard...lol'''they know dat even if they decide to sell Lagos,even if they decide to dredge the entire southwest,the highest amount of oil they wud get is palm oil...lol
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by omonnakoda: 12:31am On Sep 15, 2013
ngozievergreen:

You are foolish .What do Ibos produce .Simple question . whether cocoa is lucrative or not people are still prepared to work, Again What do Ibos produce
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by omonnakoda: 12:33am On Sep 15, 2013
lygn19:
Just like Awo

Onye amaru akukwo.Illiterate. go and sit down
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Nobody: 5:23am On Sep 15, 2013
omonnakoda:

Onye amaru akukwo.Illiterate. go and sit down
Just like ur rat poison leader Awo...lol

1 Like

Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Nobody: 7:33am On Sep 15, 2013
omonnakoda:
You are foolish .What do Ibos produce .Simple question . whether cocoa is lucrative or not people are still prepared to work, Again What do Ibos produce

just everything. Including the kyn cocoa (stl amused at d way u still front this cocoa).

If u want a list, den d question shd be: wat doesnt d igbo produce?
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Nobody: 9:17am On Sep 15, 2013
ngozievergreen:

just everything. Including the kyn cocoa (stl amused at d way u still front this cocoa).

If u want a list, den d question shd be: wat doesnt d igbo produce?
Do u mind d Illiterate,,,in an age like dz where everything is going digital,,,they re still talking of COCOA...while there mates in Onitsha re busy manufacturing CARS...
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Nobody: 9:29am On Sep 15, 2013
^^^ House, there is no need for the comparism, that is not the aim of the thread. If you have anything or anyone (igbo) whom you feel have achieved great success despite all odds, you can add to the thread. I'll love to read more. I am still compiling mine and He's a Professor of Linguistics, Prof. E. Nolue Emananjo, He happened to be my lecturer and also my project supervisor during my undergraduate. I'll upload his story and history here for you all to read. He has leactured in so many schools around the world including Oxford University. Stay tuned.

3 Likes

Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Noneroone(m): 3:11pm On Sep 15, 2013
Full meaning of IGBO. I Go Before Others (don't quote anywhere without adding my username)
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Nobody: 12:45pm On Sep 18, 2013
Noneroone: Full meaning of IGBO. I Go Before Others (don't quote anywhere without adding my username)

lolz
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by omonnakoda: 3:25pm On Sep 18, 2013
Ibo ; a state of being Ibo
Iboland Ibo Territory
Iboman an adult Ibo male
Iboboy a young Ibo person(male) Ibogirl Ayoung Ibo person (female)
Iboville A small part of Iboland like Awoamama e.g,
Iboness General Ibo condition
Iboist an Ibo Advocate or champion e,g Achebe Iboism Ibo advocacy
Ibotic Distinctly Ibo Iboistic =Ibotic
Iboing To make Ibo Iboed Now fully Ibo
Ibo-made crafted by Ibos
Ibonize Transform to Iboness usually of a place or people Ibonization See Ibonize Ibonizational see Ibonize
Iborific scarily Ibo
Ibofy To make Ibo Ibofied Ibofying Ibofier Ibofication see Ibofy
Ibothetic Ibo kind (of logic)
Iboology The study of Ibos and Ibo Things
Ibologue one versed or knowledgeable in Ibo affairs,history,culture etc
Iboologist=An Ibo expert
Ibohood State of being Ibo also place where Ibos are found in large numbers or hang out
Ibolly In an Ibo way
Iboward moving in the direction of an Ibo or approaching Iboness
Ibolitics Ibo kind of politics
Ibolution In the process of becoming Ibofied
Ibodom an old Ibo kingdom
Ibometer Ibometric Measure of Iboness
Ibotechnic An Ibo institute of learning
Ibocentric Focussed only on Ibos and Ibo matters
Iboteria Place where Ibo snacks are sold see Akputeria
Ibomart Ibo market or mall
Ibonalysis = Applied or advanced Ibo logic
Ibonet = Ibo websites Ibo Blogs etc
Ibowood= Ibo movies and actors generallly
Ibonomics = Ibo economic activity
Ibophile Ibo lover or lover of Ibo Things Ibophilia The condition of an Ibophile Ibophilic
Ibophobe Ibo hater Ibophobia Ibophobic Ibophrenia(offensive see specialized texts)
Iborize to destroy by Ibo methods Iborization
Ibomatic having an Ibo flavour
Ibolify To Imbue with Iboness Ibolifying
Ibolyse To alter chemically through Ibo technology Ibolysing Ibolyzation.etc
Ibozine an Ibo Tabloid or magazine
Iborama a display of a wide range of Ibo artefacts,culture etc also Iboramic
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Nobody: 9:48pm On Sep 18, 2013
*dies*
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by tunetokheyno(m): 1:14pm On Sep 25, 2013
wow..thats a lot of terms!

1 Like

Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by ccollins(m): 11:59pm On Nov 21, 2013
omonnakoda: Ibo ; a state of being Ibo
Iboland Ibo Territory
Iboman an adult Ibo male
Iboboy a young Ibo person(male) Ibogirl Ayoung Ibo person (female)
Iboville A small part of Iboland like Awoamama e.g,
Iboness General Ibo condition
Iboist an Ibo Advocate or champion e,g Achebe Iboism Ibo advocacy
Ibotic Distinctly Ibo Iboistic =Ibotic
Iboing To make Ibo Iboed Now fully Ibo
Ibo-made crafted by Ibos
Ibonize Transform to Iboness usually of a place or people Ibonization See Ibonize Ibonizational see Ibonize
Iborific scarily Ibo
Ibofy To make Ibo Ibofied Ibofying Ibofier Ibofication see Ibofy
Ibothetic Ibo kind (of logic)
Iboology The study of Ibos and Ibo Things
Ibologue one versed or knowledgeable in Ibo affairs,history,culture etc
Iboologist=An Ibo expert
Ibohood State of being Ibo also place where Ibos are found in large numbers or hang out
Ibolly In an Ibo way
Iboward moving in the direction of an Ibo or approaching Iboness
Ibolitics Ibo kind of politics
Ibolution In the process of becoming Ibofied
Ibodom an old Ibo kingdom
Ibometer Ibometric Measure of Iboness
Ibotechnic An Ibo institute of learning
Ibocentric Focussed only on Ibos and Ibo matters
Iboteria Place where Ibo snacks are sold see Akputeria
Ibomart Ibo market or mall
Ibonalysis = Applied or advanced Ibo logic
Ibonet = Ibo websites Ibo Blogs etc
Ibowood= Ibo movies and actors generallly
Ibonomics = Ibo economic activity
Ibophile Ibo lover or lover of Ibo Things Ibophilia The condition of an Ibophile Ibophilic
Ibophobe Ibo hater Ibophobia Ibophobic Ibophrenia(offensive see specialized texts)
Iborize to destroy by Ibo methods Iborization
Ibomatic having an Ibo flavour
Ibolify To Imbue with Iboness Ibolifying
Ibolyse To alter chemically through Ibo technology Ibolysing Ibolyzation.etc
Ibozine an Ibo Tabloid or magazine
Iborama a display of a wide range of Ibo artefacts,culture etc also Iboramic

Nice post
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by tpiar: 12:44am On Feb 26, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Police Uncover Plan To Abduct Arugba During Osun Osogbo Festival / Ooni Of Ife Reveals Why He Likes To Mingle With The Common People.See His Reason / The Truth About The Number Of Nigerian Languages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.