Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,703 members, 7,816,876 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) (30999 Views)

National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by Nobody: 8:24am On Sep 14, 2013
Very very soon, Politics will take over this association, thats how it has always be in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by vision2050: 8:34am On Sep 14, 2013
A nice move...... A curse will be place on whosoever that want to kill this dream.

1 Like

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by nukoduss: 8:34am On Sep 14, 2013
Hmmmm Nice idea, kindly take note of this
Our leaders are could in disorganised this with the introduction of politics into the group
2-i suggest the Name of the association shld avoid "Unemployement" becos when the govt notice
This struggle... What they will do is that whom ever that happen to be the president will be given
A job. Before u understand the whole struggle will be dash
3- qualification for appointment and membership should be well spell out
Is it for only unemployed or already employed. If the secretary is unemployed before his/her appointment
What will be his faith after the person is employed while holding the post
4- I will appreciate if the association can choose the fight against "contract job" as her Number 2 oblectives
I bet u Contract Job is a parasite that demoralise our worth in the labour Mkt
This issues of Contract job is been arrange by some cable just to reap from where they did not sow
Many ppl were employed today with the Name tag of "Contract Job"
I pray that God will exterminate Whom ever that is ready to scuttle this idea before the person make his way to the
Venue of the Program
Thank u

1 Like

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by Nobody: 8:42am On Sep 14, 2013
ehixking: Twitter handle is out let's us all follow nigerian gradutes
@naijagraduates
@naijagraduates
@naijagraduates

kudos to you guy,am more interested in this than you but the schedule date u give then is not correct then

1 Like

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by Nobody: 8:45am On Sep 14, 2013
ehixking: Twitter handle is out let's us all follow nigerian gradutes
@naijagraduates
@naijagraduates
@naijagraduates

please,give me facebook page and when is next meeting

1 Like

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by surveycash(m): 8:47am On Sep 14, 2013
oubi: ........
However I still suggest for a slight change in the "name" cos from my observation, its a huge turn-off as most interested persons wouldn't want to identify with such as it is.
The facebook page has less than 1000 persons and most interested individuals wouldn't want to like the page so it dos'nt send notifications to their timeline where the world could see it. The general notion about "unemployment" is joblessnes and most people wouldn't want to be stigmatised with such and the pity that comes with it.
So please mr ehis abuya (national co-ordinator) do look into it.

Thanks.

National Association of Employable Graduates (NAEG)?
National Association of Nigerian Graduates (NANG)? sad

@All those who started this, posterity will forever be grateful. You have stamped you indelible footprints on the paths of history that will not be blown away long after you are earthly forgotten.

Good job

1 Like

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by Nobody: 8:48am On Sep 14, 2013
Can someone tell me when the next meeting will hold,and i need the facebook page,please

2 Likes

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by Nobody: 8:54am On Sep 14, 2013
FOOLS!!!

1 Like

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by Nobody: 9:07am On Sep 14, 2013
blink182: FOOLS!!!

that ur useless parents are All FOOLS

4 Likes

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by kunleee(m): 9:08am On Sep 14, 2013
i read it on the twitter handle tht u choose the name @naijagraduates cus u believe tht all naija graduates are either unemployed or under-employed. Then y not jst change d association name to that too, associatn of naija graduates. Then to erase unemployment wuld be stated in the mission/vission statement.
U knw our belief tht wat one associate wt or relate wt,is wat one wants. I hope u all understand me,it might even be y d turn-up was low.
Anyway,i great kudos to evryone tht made it a possibility.

1 Like

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by imcomingsoon: 9:12am On Sep 14, 2013
Thumbs up Ehis and co. This association is timely since it seems our leaders are tending to mortgage our future as youths. My sincere suggestions are:

1. The yet to be registered name should be more embracing like Association of Nigerian Graduates. Its main objective is to work for the welfare of our graduates in relation to manpower issues - unemployment, underemployment, casualisation etc.

2. Pressure our govt to reconsider payment of social benefit to unemployment graduate after proper online registration with verified documents.

3. Form strong ties with civil society groups, political class, and labour unions etc. Since our govt can pay attention to militants then they must listen to us esp as 2015 elections approach. We have the massive power of about 40 million and can influence who takes up leadership. We must be politically focused with our interest at heart without partisan interest.
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by skyfall: 9:18am On Sep 14, 2013
This is a very BOLD move and you guys should keep up the spirit.

Nobody gives you your rights freely; you have to ask and possibly fight for it. The rights we enjoy today were all fought for by somebody.

But please stay away from politicians. They'll recognise that you're a powerful interest group and will try to buy your executives. Do not give in to them.

Best wishes!
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by 042baby: 9:21am On Sep 14, 2013
ehixking: If Rape victims,gays and lesbians could come out to voice out their minds,my heart bleeds for those that though jobless finds it difficult to identify with a group with the idea of kicking against unemployment

The desire to form an association that is aimed at kicking against unemployment commenced yesterday in Lagos despite discouragement by some Nigerians who probably might also be jobless yet decides to "package" their problems
They are the CEO's we see on facebook yet they still depend on their parents for recharge cards.

"Kendric Tejiro resides in Delta state yet he came down to Lagos,battled with traffic, slept in a church, had very little for dinner and no breakfast the next morning just to attended the first meeting"

Barrister ikeri okey took a flight from Imo state left his chambers,his family and clients graced the occasion and returned that same day to Imo state,

Oyo-ita effiong came all the way from benin to Lagos despite he's tight schedules
Sanda kayero,John odianose came from Ibadan,olayinka olagunju,
Dammy from Abeokuta Ogun state , Oni Michael from Sango otta ogun state. Just to mention a few.
So many young men and women left their wives,kids and families just to make history
Well,all I can say is nothing but every man would reap according to what he sows!!what else or what more do we want from patriotic Nigerians.

The meeting was held at Unilag sport centre as earlier announced.
It commenced about 10am although we didn't allow the media into the meeting due to the fact that it just the first meeting, offices were assigned to willing and ready member
Posts include(all interim)
National coordinator
Three PRO
Two Secretaries
Four Mobilisation officers
Administrative officers(Facebook,twitter handlers,website and blog managers)

We concluded on 3 names to be forwarded to the cooperate affairs commission as the official name of the Association

Amongst the criteria for registration includes trustees selection(2 each from each geopolitical zones) which we did and hope to contact them
A constitution committee was set aside to work on the constitution and report in 3 weeks
A lot of issues were discussed,resolved,added subtracted and we all saw the meeting as a huge step in achieving a socio-economical height in the nearest future. The National coordinator gave a wonderful opening speech which was like a blueprint on which the hinges of the meeting turned.
We were blessed by the presence of wise and fast thinking individuals
Ayodeji babalola was a great contributor, oyo-ita Effiong indeed is an orator
Kendrick Tejiro took everything to another level breaking down plans like he has done the appraisal before,Men were more than women

Oni michael added a whole lot of wisdom and experience to the meeting giving several ideas on how to go about tackling our problems in Nigeria.olagunju olayinka greatly contributed to the motions on ground while
Shomoye Damilola gave the closing remark and the long waited item 7 followed.
And I must mention that am not impressed by the Lagosians turn out....
Nigeria is the only country we have
Youths must stand up because we are the leaders of tomorrow
Its time to come out and claim what's rightfully ours
Let's reason together, we have no money and we don't intend soliciting for money at all,our strength and confidence is in our number
Let come out in mass and let our voices merge into one and speak in onenes. The world must hear our cry and know what we fighting is a for the betterment of all Nigeria unemployed and under employed graduate.
MISSION/VISSION(summary)
NB(still working on the constitution)
Boosting Agriculture and industrialisation,
Ban of any goods that can be produced in Nigeria,
Pushing of memorandum to the house of assembly for the payment of unengaged nigerian graduates,
Influencing government policies to improve the job market for graduates,
kicking against sales of jobs,
Kicking against ambiguous and frivolous criteria for job recruitment eg Age, working experience,Tribalism,state of origin,Language,

Thanks to all those present and those who couldn't make it because the are far away and those who where unavoidably absent..
Thank you guys so much
From the National coordinator
Ehis Abuya
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by 042baby: 9:26am On Sep 14, 2013
Oh! I am so glad by Dis move. I see dis group bringing d change we all need in this Country. I want to be a part of dis great family. God will Srebrenica US true in dis Nation. Dos points mentioned are d tnx I keep tinkn abi. Honestly they border me a lot.
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by ehixking(m): 9:31am On Sep 14, 2013
Saklekplus: Can someone tell me when the next meeting will hold,and i need the facebook page,please

We shall keep y'all posted
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by bethnals: 9:32am On Sep 14, 2013
National Association of Nigerian Graduates.

That is the best name.

Issues like unemployment; job training, intrest free loans, importation, changing the education system etc should be discussed.
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by ehixking(m): 9:39am On Sep 14, 2013
[quote author=nukoduss]Hmmmm Nice idea, kindly take note of this
Our leaders are could in disorganised this with the introduction of politics into the group
2-i suggest the Name of the association shld avoid "Unemployement" becos when the govt notice
This struggle... What they will do is that whom ever that happen to be the president will be given
Is it for only unemployed or already employed. If the secretary is unemployed before his/her appointment
4- I will appreciate if the association can choose the fight against "contract job" as her Number 2 oblectives
This issues of Contract job is been arrange by some cable just to reap from where they did not sow
I pray that God will exterminate Whom ever that is ready to scuttle this idea before the person make his way to the
Venue of the Program
Thank u
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by 042baby: 9:43am On Sep 14, 2013
Let get things wright. We have been blaming our past leaders but now we have dis great opportunity to get things fixed the world's eyes will be on us. If we encourage d corruption we have been forcing out with words now dat means we will never raise till eternity. Lets make use of dis to bring dat Chang. YES WE CAN! Let dis be our Motto pls!
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by achi4u(m): 9:51am On Sep 14, 2013
Before we knew it politicians will high jack this noble group and the story continues.

Hope it helps and serves it purposes.

1 Like

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by hammedkola(m): 9:52am On Sep 14, 2013
What happens to the association if you all get employed?

Though you all made a bold step, but I see NO reason in having an assoication like this with this motive, y'all gonna better if you all start something else than this

Am just observing anyway

1 Like

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by hammedkola(m): 9:56am On Sep 14, 2013
ehixking:

We actually taught people like you won't miss the meeting
Anyways thanks for the piece and try to be at the next meeting

And who told you that the person that comment is not employed?

1 Like

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by oladayo042: 9:59am On Sep 14, 2013
Brillant. It's a worthy cause.

1 Like

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by crackhouse(m): 10:31am On Sep 14, 2013
I love it
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by Sam0(m): 10:34am On Sep 14, 2013
9ice move. We are all with you
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by kunleee(m): 10:37am On Sep 14, 2013
bethnals: National Association of Nigerian Graduates.

That is the best name.

Issues like unemployment; job training, intrest free loans, importation, changing the education system etc should be discussed.
very well seconded. Let us practise democracy by deciding the name bfore the registration wt cac. I strongly believe tht NANG is the best.
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by Nobody: 10:45am On Sep 14, 2013
National association of unemployed graduates is beautiful,,so,i fully support the name,

long live NAUG !!!

1 Like

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by Nobody: 10:50am On Sep 14, 2013
bethnals: National Association of Nigerian Graduates.

That is the best name.

National association of unemployed graduates is beautiful,,so,i fully support the name,

long live NAUG !!!

1 Like

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by Godwinsilas(m): 11:10am On Sep 14, 2013
ehixking:
Boosting Agriculture and industrialisation,

Ban of any goods that can be produced in Nigeria,

kicking against sales of jobs,

Kicking against ambiguous and frivolous criteria for job recruitment eg Age, working experience,Tribalism,state of origin,Language.

These indeed is a good move, it will be most beneficially to Nigeria industries and firm there creating more jobes
I'll love to attend one day when am qualify to.
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by EMMABC1(m): 11:28am On Sep 14, 2013
ehixking: I can still remember very vividly a song we used to sing back then in church............

"Faith of our fathers, living still,
In spite of dungeon, fire and sword;
O how our hearts beat high with joy
Whenever we hear that glorious Word!"

This is the songs our children would sing for us if we can fight these evil called unemployment
By asking to be productive in our society
We are indirectly asking the government to be responsible,transparent and accountable to its citizens
Malaysia used to be unproductive and economic activity was really nothing to write home about in fact Nigeria donated to them their first Palm tree
Why can't we ask them how they made it that far in just a couple of years!
Did they achieve that while corruption was still the other of the day?
Did their government keep encouraging entrepreneurship without enabling environment?
...today they import palm oil into Nigeria
Let's think about making nigeria into a highly productive and industrialised economy
Let's involve the youth in mechanised agriculture
Word on the streets
(government should take note)
"Make una dey chop una oye(oil) money just give us peanut make we take am plant cocoa and cassava"
National Coordinator in the struggle against unemployment in Nigeria
Ehis ABUYA

Ehis thanks for the great job u are doing. I earlier registered my interest in this noble project. Let me again reiterate my unflinching support to this course. I reside in Abuja. If u need my assistance and contribution frm Abj, pls hala me @ 07034438452. Emmanuel
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by decepticos(m): 12:06pm On Sep 14, 2013
ehixking: I can still remember very vividly a song we used to sing back then in church............

"Faith of our fathers, living still,
In spite of dungeon, fire and sword;
O how our hearts beat high with joy
Whenever we hear that glorious Word!"

This is the songs our children would sing for us if we can fight these evil called unemployment
By asking to be productive in our society
We are indirectly asking the government to be responsible,transparent and accountable to its citizens
Malaysia used to be unproductive and economic activity was really nothing to write home about in fact Nigeria donated to them their first Palm tree
Why can't we ask them how they made it that far in just a couple of years!
Did they achieve that while corruption was still the other of the day?
Did their government keep encouraging entrepreneurship without enabling environment?
...today they import palm oil into Nigeria
Let's think about making nigeria into a highly productive and industrialised economy
Let's involve the youth in mechanised agriculture
Word on the streets
(government should take note)
"Make una dey chop una oye(oil) money just give us peanut make we take am plant cocoa and cassava"
National Coordinator in the struggle against unemployment in Nigeria
Ehis ABUYA
the bolded is so wrong the head of FIIRO and ministry of agric have come against it time and time again.
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by Phikom(m): 12:33pm On Sep 14, 2013
long life!!!
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by realteflon(m): 12:43pm On Sep 14, 2013
nukoduss: Hmmmm Nice idea, kindly take note of this
Venue of the Program
Thank u
Perfect talk. A lot still need to be discussed and agreed. No individual should represent this struggle alone. We are fighting unemployment so we could all be employed and fighting for future undergraduate that are still in school.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Abdullahi Olatoye, The Windscreen Cleaner : A Victim Of Our Lost Humanity / Juju Scare: Should I Quit My Job? / 9 Skills That Will Boost Your CV And Make You Get A Job Faster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.