Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,916 members, 7,824,844 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) (31022 Views)

National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by Concept(m): 8:02pm On Sep 15, 2013
From what I have read, I can see that some people are still skeptical about this yet to be Incorporated association. This is very true, if one as been observing the trend of events in our dear country, 95% of us have traits of being dubious or get easily enticed with little things & before we know it the mission & purpose of establishment will be jettisoned.

However, such scenario could be averted if those who will draft the constitution are visionary & make it well structured so that any compromising executive or member will be dealt with accordingly.

The objectivity of the association should not be focused on how to be employed alone but how to be engaged & also how their voices could be heard so that some of the government policies will have positive effect on youth employability. Engaged I said? Yes. Many have tried the journey of entrepreneurship solely & failed woefully but in this situation, the numerical advantage will count by joining resources. Having a website can be a right step.

2 Likes

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by Goldwine1(f): 12:10am On Sep 16, 2013
Change will not come without resistance. I hope this great organization will be prepared to spear head the long overdue revolution, if need be. We need youth representatives in every key position in this country. Before we say no to unemployment, we must first off all say NO to corruption and corrupt leaders. What we have ahead of us is indeed a fierce task, it can only be achieved, when we all speak in one voice, with NAUG, I believe the voice will be loud and clear.
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by Dahbutter(m): 7:56am On Sep 16, 2013
Nigeria is losing some of its best brains by the day, We have so many Brilliant brains running out of the country to seek any kind of employment, some very brilliant ones are sitting down in a non career focused and ridiculously low financially rewarding job here in Naija in what I call disguised unemployment.

During my travels to the UK, between 2006-2012, I made friends with a couple of guys who came for their masters programme from Nigeria with the primary aim of relocating permanently because they were uncertain of their future prospects despite their new degrees from UK. A few of them returned to Naija hoping to get better jobs while quite many stayed back, today most of those who returned are deeply regretting. As per those who stayed back, though only a few got the good graduate jobs, the others got jobs as security personnel, Taxi drivers, Health care assistants, carers in Old peoples' homes, cleaners and kitchen staff and a betting outfit clerk.

By this year however, eight out of them had saved enough money to buy lands in new middle - high class Estate schemes here in Nigeria, which i helped them with and one has started his building while another has completed design stage all of which i am handling.

Now these guys are better off despite the menial jobs they settled for in other countries than their counterparts who are still struggling for Dangote driver and Lagos state resident registration jobs. Yet we keep yabbing those who want to leave this uncaring country.

NOW LISTEN TO THIS ADVISE ANY UNEMPLOYED GRADUATE WHO HAS A CHANCE TO LEAVE THIS COUNTRY TO ANOTHER BETTER ONE AND NOT RETURN PLEASE DO! I ASSURE YOU EVEN IN A MENIAL JOB YOUR SERVICES WOULD BE FAR MORE APPRECIATED AND MORE FINANCIALLY REWARDING THAN IN NIGERIA. WHEN YOU DO, REACH ME LET ME HELP YOU BUY YOUR LAND AND DESIGN & BUILD YOUR HOUSE HERE IN NAIJA BIKO

1 Like

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by shejane: 9:15am On Sep 16, 2013
ehixking:

"Government and Agriculture In Nigeria{Analysis of
Policies,programmes and Administration.
By Vincent 0. Akinyosoye,PHD

Read this instead of reading Rich Dad Poor Dad...that cannot work in a Nigerian Economy...
Stop decieving yourself if you think this ur so called beautiful ideas can work in this country
Your opinion is like serving a delicious,spicy and mouth watering meal in a dirty smelling dish
nd dis is d tune of national coordinator, I weep 4 nigeria education

Wots d diff btw wike nd u? Jus asking thou

Posterity wil nt 4give u if u take dis 4 ur own selfish interest
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by ehixking(m): 2:13pm On Sep 16, 2013
shejane: nd dis is d tune of national coordinator, I weep 4 nigeria education

Wots d diff btw wike nd u? Jus asking thou

Posterity wil nt 4give u if u take dis 4 ur own selfish interest

There is still chance for you too
I know uve got the brains
I believe u know there is a problem
Don't think you can't lead us
U can like moses- leading the children of isreal through the hot desert(when moses was called he complained of being a stamerer)
Instead of castigating and judging me
Come out and be our leader
All post for now is still interim
You can be the chairperson of your state or president of your zone
No point doubting me come and lead us let's see its still opened to all Nigerians employed or not
Posterity will never forgive u if you decide to sit back and watch as a spectator or if u come out and take dis 4 ur own selfish interest!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by ehixking(m): 5:31am On Sep 17, 2013
Please we really need to change the notion that this group is one that would have to be violent before our voices are heard!!NO!!!
In fact all we are preaching is peace and prosperity for our great nation! A graduate that can't feed himself talk less of renting a room in Nyanyan is violent already because he needs to pay rent and make a living. There was a trend on Nairaland some weeks back that reads "Female UNILAG Graduate, Chioma, Caught Leading Robbery"
And those with numerous SINS were the First to cast a stone. I strongly believe she has done nothing bad because she must eat...she is hungry and frustrated. I believe chioma would have applied for jobs in IMMIGRATION,NEMA,NCEMA,NPFS,IITA,FRSC,NDDC,NATIONAL ASSEMBLY,GTB,ECOWAS,U.I,AIRFORCE,NAVY,MINISTRIES of all sorts,MR BIGs or professor smalls or whatever.....without getting one, I believe she would have joined this association wholeheartedly instead of risking her life. Till present no one has offered her a job, maybe she's gonna rot in jail-no one knows.
CONGRATS to the small boy caught in an aircraft trying to abscond abroad- he has been giving scholarship (for what!!)
For him to finish school and join the league of jobless youth?No never that!!!
Am sure a boy with this kind of heart would be more terrible after graduating without a job!
And there are so many of kind scattered all over the place, walking the street without sole on there feet,no food to eat nor water on the table,no cloth to wear
Till we come out and make this association a reality so many Chioma's would rob banks and kill people,graduates would beg to work as able-bodied men(not executives).
Lebanese and indian would offer us peanuts on our land!
Its either you are wise or otherwise
Good Morning my people!!!!!!!!!!
National coordinator
Ehis Abuya

2 Likes

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by ehixking(m): 6:47am On Sep 17, 2013
"Desire is the starting point of all achievement, not a hope, not a wish, but a keen pulsating desire which transcends everything...
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by remzytimer: 1:52pm On Sep 17, 2013
I think the next thing now is hoist our website where all graduate unemployed member can register, and it will help in ascertaining some data as to the total number of graduate unemployed we have as at the period.....
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by AjanleKoko: 5:48pm On Sep 17, 2013
So who is funding this association?
I mean, y'all are supposed to be unemployed, and you can afford to convene meetings, rent meeting space, and even provide lunch? undecided

1 Like

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by realteflon(m): 11:00pm On Sep 17, 2013
Mr Ehis , what is the next. Don't you think toy are wasting time. We need to get this thing done and get our voice heard all over Nigeria against unemployment. Now
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by ehixking(m): 5:14am On Sep 18, 2013
real-teflon:
Mr Ehis , what is the next. Don't you think toy are wasting time. We need to get this thing done and get our voice heard all over Nigeria against unemployment. Now

On behalf of the association, the executives shall meet and the secretary is going to give a report of the ways forward
The site should be ready in less than a week from now
So we don't allow all these politicians and even the government frustrate our effort

This is not going to be another group that would just come up and go just like that!
Our approach must be different and am banking on Nigerian graduates to come as one and join in the struggle
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by ehixking(m): 2:48pm On Sep 18, 2013
1)Its only in my country that having a masters degree is a great disadvantage for job qualification!!

2)My neighbour just echoed to my ears that we have so many jobs(shoe makers,road side mechanics,tailors,carpenters) in Nigeria but we can't develop our careers as(Architects,Engineers,scientist,doctors,Agriculturalists)

So if u need a job its easy
And if you want a career join the crew
To fight these plaque
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by Nobody: 5:11pm On Sep 18, 2013
ehixking: 1)Its
only in my country that having a masters degree is a great disadvantage
for job qualification!!

2)My neighbour just echoed to my ears that we have so many jobs(shoe
makers,road side mechanics,tailors,carpenters) in Nigeria but we can't
develop our careers
as(Architects,Engineers,scientist,doctors,Agriculturalists)

So if u need a job its easy
And if you want a career join the crew
To fight these plaque

More grease to your elbow oga ehix. However, how abt the CAC reg. Has it been ready? Update pls cos am mobilising more members from this part of the country. Peace!
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by ehixking(m): 10:49pm On Sep 18, 2013
RedBenson:

More grease to your elbow oga ehix. However, how abt the CAC reg. Has it been ready? Update pls cos am mobilising more members from this part of the country. Peace!

Red Benson...
Thanks for the encouragement and all
Kindly give me a call let's talk!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by Nobody: 10:22am On Sep 19, 2013
ehixking:

Red Benson...
Thanks for the encouragement and all
Kindly give me a call let's talk!!!!!!!!!!

Ok. Will do shortly.
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by ignis: 12:10pm On Sep 19, 2013
hammedkola: What happens to the association if you all get employed?

Though you all made a bold step, but I see NO reason in having an assoication like this with this motive, y'all gonna better if you all start something else than this

Am just observing anyway
Keep obseving...
You have the right to your observations.
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by ehixking(m): 7:28am On Sep 20, 2013
ignis:
Keep obseving...
Scientist says for a law or principle to be made the steps involved include
1)**Observation**
2)Hypothesis
3)(Tests for Reproducibility)
4)Theory
5)(Tests for Reproducibility, Falsification and Exceptions)
6)Principle
7)Law

So my Dear!! You are still at the initial stage and its good for development!
You have time to move from just being an observer to the next stage
You are still at the initial stage..
Let's join forces and move on You have the right to your observations.
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by Sunnycliff(m): 8:56pm On Sep 20, 2013
Pls can anyone of us here living in abuja asist me with a one nit acomodation, monday nyt as i wud b coming to abuja for a job interview wt new nation at asokoro on tuesday by 9am. I wil b comin 4rm owerri. My line 08064572551. Tank u all
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by Yusphull(m): 7:37am On Sep 21, 2013
It may be hard for an egg to turn into a bird: it would be a jolly sight harder for it to learn to fly while remaining an egg. We are like eggs at present. And you cannot go on indefinitely being just an ordinary, decent egg. We must be hatched or go bad....

It is time we break free from all hindrances that has been holding us back all this while.. Let's stand firm with one voice and claim what is rightfully ours...

This is our country, its our fight, we are the leaders of tomorrow.. Let's answer this clarion call coz its NOW or NEVER...
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by Sunnycliff(m): 9:29pm On Sep 25, 2013
Lets keep d fire and tempo alive. Nothing good comes easy. Every suxesful venture was once termed mad and unnecessary.
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 28, 2013
wendy ibeh: Good day, fellow youth of this great country, I have read so much about this newly created association. come to think of
it, do you think it's wise to give yourselves such tag as "unemployed", when you expect so much from the country you come from, what should be your next step. please, think!! We all want to eat.from the national
cake, but nobody wants to add a pinch to the cake! Let's not divide this nation and cause more problems for GEJ Administration. He has a lot to tackle already, employment being one of them. For those who don't have
anything doing at all and wants to should give me a call on ;[hidden] or send an email to ;[hidden]@yahoo.co.uk . If
the Government can't help you, you help yourself. Let's stop living in fool's paradise. Be an employer of labour not an employee, by adding value to people's lives . I rest my case.

From the manner you've spoken, i wont doubt you are one of the leaders in governmental sectors. This is a faceless forum! As you have read, not as if all of us are jobless, needing govt jobs or so. We want govt to give us an enabling environment for self empowerment. We can thrive and be employers of labour if govt gives us the enabling environment that we so much crave for.
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by ehixking(m): 6:13pm On Sep 28, 2013
Its not only happening here on nairaland
Check this out

www.facebook.com/naugnigeria

@naijagraduates
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by felinzoo: 10:42pm On Sep 28, 2013
WOW!!!..... God will bless this noble movement. I am employed and have changed jobs severally (by grace), hence by all standards, I do not qualify to join this struggle to set things right in this country through this laudable movement you guys have set in motion. However, you can count on us to lend support when and where necessary.

The poor system of things must change in this country. Nigeria is the only country where people who by virtue of their parents' connections would have choice jobs in wait for them even before they get through with school, yet we have qualified graduates roaming the streets.

I beg to differ, with reference to this statement ''Youths must stand up because we are the leaders of tomorrow'' Today belongs to youths who can stand up against all odds and fight for a just course. The same leaders who ruled this country before I was born are still in power today- better still their children. Lets not mention names.

THINK ABOUT THESE FEW UNANSWERED QUESTIONS ;
1. Today BH, has bluntly refused amnesty even with the packages that could have come with it..
2. Must peaceful citizens be relegated to the background?
3. Must politicians select and decide who gets employed?
4. Why should unemployed educated citizens not get a little out of the lots that gets stolen every day by civil servants, politicians, religious leaders and those who represent their pockets under the guise that they represent the masses?
5. Why can’t the Federal Government guarantee a minimum of 1 million Naira loan for willing unemployed graduates to venture into productive and self reliance businesses?
6.Is there a serving governor, ex- governor, ministers, perm sec, former military administrator even local government council boss that is worth less than a hundred Million Naira?
7. Why would every government, Federal, States, and Local misrepresented facts about the accurate data of unemployed youths in Nigeria?
8. Where does the constituency allocation from a ward councilor to a senator goes to?
9. Who do they account to?
10. What stories would you tell your children, if you ever afford a wedding?

It is time to carry the full bull and not ''take it by the hone''.

For those of you who think it is dehumanizing to identify with this noble idea and form a common front. You may as well fabricate stories for your children about where you were when men were making HISTORY.

1 Like

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by Yusphull(m): 6:48am On Sep 29, 2013
felinzo_o: WOW!!!..... God will bless this noble movement. I am employed and have changed jobs severally (by grace), hence by all standards, I do not qualify to join this struggle to set things right in this country through this laudable movement you guys have set in motion. However, you can count on us to lend support when and where necessary.

The poor system of things must change in this country. Nigeria is the only country where people who by virtue of their parents' connections would have choice jobs in wait for them even before they get through with school, yet we have qualified graduates roaming the streets.

I beg to differ, with reference to this statement ''Youths must stand up because we are the leaders of tomorrow'' Today belongs to youths who can stand up against all odds and fight for a just course. The same leaders who ruled this country before I was born are still in power today- better still their children. Lets not mention names.

THINK ABOUT THESE FEW UNANSWERED QUESTIONS ;
1. Today BH, has bluntly refused amnesty even with the packages that could have come with it..
2. Must peaceful citizens be relegated to the background?
3. Must politicians select and decide who gets employed?
4. Why should unemployed educated citizens not get a little out of the lots that gets stolen every day by civil servants, politicians, religious leaders and those who represent their pockets under the guise that they represent the masses?
5. Why can’t the Federal Government guarantee a minimum of 1 million Naira loan for willing unemployed graduates to venture into productive and self reliance businesses?
6.Is there a serving governor, ex- governor, ministers, perm sec, former military administrator even local government council boss that is worth less than a hundred Million Naira?
7. Why would every government, Federal, States, and Local misrepresented facts about the accurate data of unemployed youths in Nigeria?
8. Where does the constituency allocation from a ward councilor to a senator goes to?
9. Who do they account to?
10. What stories would you tell your children, if you ever afford a wedding?

It is time to carry the full bull and not ''take it by the hone''.

For those of you who think it is dehumanizing to identify with this noble idea and form a common front. You may as well fabricate stories for your children about where you were when men were making HISTORY.

God bless you for this beautiful write up... This is the kind of speech we want (Motivational)... All hands are on deck to make sure this noble association see the daylight... And with God on our side I know the sky is not even our limit.. Thanks bro

#peace#

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Will The New Minimum Wage Affect My Current Salary? / 9 Skills That Will Boost Your CV And Make You Get A Job Faster / Corporals That Beat Their Superior In Lagos, Demoted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.