Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,634 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:18 PM

Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) (30990 Views)

National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by chukstoney(m): 12:44pm On Sep 14, 2013
ehixking: If Rape victims,gays and lesbians could come out to voice out their minds,my heart bleeds for those that though jobless finds it difficult to identify with a group with the idea of kicking against unemployment

The desire to form an association that is aimed at kicking against unemployment commenced yesterday in Lagos despite discouragement by some Nigerians who probably might also be jobless yet decides to "package" their problems
They are the CEO's we see on facebook yet they still depend on their parents for recharge cards.

"Ken resides in Delta state yet he came down to Lagos,battled with traffic, slept in a church, had very little for dinner and no breakfast the next morning just to attended the first meeting"

Barrister ikeri okey took a flight from Imo state left his chambers,his family and clients graced the occasion and returned that same day to Imo state,

Oyo-ita effiong came all the way from benin to Lagos despite he's tight schedules
Sanda kayero,John odianose came from Ibadan,olayinka olagunju,
Dammy from Abeokuta Ogun state , Oni Michael from Sango otta ogun state. Just to mention a few.
So many young men and women left their wives,kids and families just to make history
Well,all I can say is nothing but every man would reap according to what he sows!!what else or what more do we want from patriotic Nigerians.

The meeting was held at Unilag sport centre as earlier announced.
It commenced about 10am although we didn't allow the media into the meeting due to the fact that it just the first meeting, offices were assigned to willing and ready member
Posts include(all interim)
National coordinator
Three PRO
Two Secretaries
Four Mobilisation officers
Administrative officers(Facebook,twitter handlers,website and blog managers)

We concluded on 3 names to be forwarded to the cooperate affairs commission as the official name of the Association

Amongst the criteria for registration includes trustees selection(2 each from each geopolitical zones) which we did and hope to contact them
A constitution committee was set aside to work on the constitution and report in 3 weeks
A lot of issues were discussed,resolved,added subtracted and we all saw the meeting as a huge step in achieving a socio-economical height in the nearest future. The National coordinator gave a wonderful opening speech which was like a blueprint on which the hinges of the meeting turned.
We were blessed by the presence of wise and fast thinking individuals
Ayodeji babalola was a great contributor, oyo-ita Effiong indeed is an orator
Ken took everything to another level breaking down plans like he has done the appraisal before,Men were more than women

Oni michael added a whole lot of wisdom and experience to the meeting giving several ideas on how to go about tackling our problems in Nigeria.olagunju olayinka greatly contributed to the motions on ground while
Shomoye Damilola gave the closing remark and the long waited item 7 followed.
And I must mention that am not impressed by the Lagosians turn out....
Nigeria is the only country we have
Youths must stand up because we are the leaders of tomorrow
Its time to come out and claim what's rightfully ours
Let's reason together, we have no money and we don't intend soliciting for money at all,our strength and confidence is in our number
Let come out in mass and let our voices merge into one and speak in onenes. The world must hear our cry and know what we fighting is a for the betterment of all Nigeria unemployed and under employed graduate.
MISSION/VISSION(summary)
NB(still working on the constitution)
Boosting Agriculture and industrialisation,
Ban of any goods that can be produced in Nigeria,
Pushing of memorandum to the house of assembly for the payment of unengaged nigerian graduates,
Influencing government policies to improve the job market for graduates,
kicking against sales of jobs,
Kicking against ambiguous and frivolous criteria for job recruitment eg Age, working experience,Tribalism,state of origin,Language,

Thanks to all those present and those who couldn't make it because the are far away and those who where unavoidably absent..
Thank you guys so much
From the National coordinator
Ehis Abuya
nice 1 bro pls aw can I cum in?
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by Luizkid(m): 12:59pm On Sep 14, 2013
This is a very Laudable project and should be encouraged. But i still agree with one of the commentators earlier that some youths will feel stigmatized 2 be associated with 'Unemployment' So i suggest that the name of the Association be called 'NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF GRADUATES'. At least in Nigeria been a graduate is a tin of Joy
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by lozanni(m): 1:10pm On Sep 14, 2013
This is Good to read about.
I Just lost a neighbour, an unemployed graduate Of many years, last week. The young man committed suicide As he had lost All hope Of getting a Job.
I fear that many more youths May, If not properly guided, take The same unfortunate step As my neighbour above .
Kudos to The organisers Of The above event .
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by MissOpe(f): 1:17pm On Sep 14, 2013
Opiosko: Fools
Attention seeker....I SEE U.

1 Like

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by Nobody: 1:34pm On Sep 14, 2013
Saklekplus:

that ur useless parents are All FOOLS
it still does not change the fact you are the genuine thing.

I feel your pain but people like you and every member of this demented union are born to be serfs and give birth to the next generation of serfs that will serve my children and grandchildren. You guys are simply born to serve and it is the entrepreneurs among you that will make anything useful of this union.

You guys are just hopeless but I am doing my best to wish you guys luck.

Yeah, I'm actually experiencing disguised unemployment but if at all, my quality of life is better. You guys should look for a product or service to offer your immediate community and get paid instead of wasting this time of your life.

If I know tejiri from delta state personally, I go blind e ear with slap. That trip cost him at least 5k but did he know the stuffs he can order from china with free shipping and make 100% profits.

You guys are just so lost and I wish you the best. I really do.
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by Sunnycliff(m): 2:03pm On Sep 14, 2013
blink182: it still does not change the fact you are the genuine thing.

I feel your pain but people like you and every member of this demented union are born to be serfs and give birth to the next generation of serfs that will serve my children and grandchildren. You guys are simply born to serve and it is the entrepreneurs among you that will make anything useful of this union.

Yeah, I'm actually experiencing disguised unemployment but if at all, my quality of life is better. You guys should look for a product or service to offer your immediate community and get paid instead of wasting this time of your life.

If I know tejiri from delta state personally, I go blind e ear with slap. That trip cost him at least 5k but did he know the stuffs he can order from china with free shipping and make 100% profits.

I WISH YOU WERE WISE

1 Like

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by oluboyo04(m): 3:08pm On Sep 14, 2013
ehixking: Our website is 80% done
Articles and suggestions are still welcomed
Thanks
N.C
(Ehis Abuya)
i think i have an idea.
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by shejane: 3:17pm On Sep 14, 2013
Hope d leaders of dis association wil nt use dis 4 der own advantage collecting moni 4m govt nd 4gting d fight nd der members
Jus saying thou

1 Like

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by kingsleyMbang(m): 3:30pm On Sep 14, 2013
[color=#006600][/color][right][/right] Let ths body strive 2 establish offices in each state of d federation.
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by kingsleyMbang(m): 3:32pm On Sep 14, 2013
[color=#006600][/color][right][/right] Good step in d right direction.Let ths body strive 2 establish offices in each state of d federation.
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by poke(m): 4:10pm On Sep 14, 2013
;Dso you can labour your brain on bringing an association to birth but cannot do the same to be self employed. there are lot's of profit for the self-employed

CAN'T YOU FARM?
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by poke(m): 4:18pm On Sep 14, 2013
I want to invite the oganisers to my PINANPLE FARM for employment

Heeh don be lazy inbox me your mail address for direction
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by poke(m): 4:22pm On Sep 14, 2013
shocked shocked
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by Nobody: 4:54pm On Sep 14, 2013
Sunnycliff:
I WISH YOU WERE WISE
he cant be, even if satan helps him.
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by Nobody: 4:54pm On Sep 14, 2013
Sunnycliff:
I WISH YOU WERE WISE
he cant be, even if satan helps him. I only pity his future children. Coward like him.
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by Nextworldnx(m): 5:12pm On Sep 14, 2013
Count me in, its time Abuja chapter comes alive. Guys within Abuja let's indicate our interest here and mobilise each other and see to life this laudable dream that posterity will never forget.
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by pumpindkay(m): 5:50pm On Sep 14, 2013
A website for this association pls.
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by Johnsonpac(m): 5:56pm On Sep 14, 2013
I have this believe that we are heading to the TOP
Thumbs up to the great NAUG!

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by realteflon(m): 6:07pm On Sep 14, 2013
lozanni: This is Good to read about.
I Just lost a neighbour, an unemployed graduate Of many years, last week. The young man committed suicide As he had lost All hope Of getting a Job.
I fear that many more youths May, If not properly guided, take The same unfortunate step As my neighbour above .
Kudos to The organisers Of The above event .
Not just him alone, so many other graduate get thoughts like this because of over worrying of future if getting a job.

This the more reason all graduate unemployed, underemployed, even employed in their own capacity should join in the fight against unemployment. Its the youth of Nigeria
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by realteflon(m): 6:11pm On Sep 14, 2013
Nextworldnx: Count me in, its time Abuja chapter comes alive. Guys within Abuja let's indicate our interest here and mobilise each other and see to life this laudable dream that posterity will never forget.
Bros am in. Like many other abuja resident. Where is abuja peeps meeting
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by Ninapha(f): 6:24pm On Sep 14, 2013
Thank God for his grace and we are here today as graduates. Like i said before, this name is too direct and close edged. It will give room for calculated pressure and subsequent compromise. Secondly National association of nigerian graduates also is too broad, here we are sure talking abt both our corrupt leaders and even those selling our supposed jobs. This struggle is about eradicating unemployment and under-employment, it is an association of choice and dats the only way to keep the spirit of the fighters alive. When there is a cause, there is a might. Lets not give room to pple who will kill the dream. Even if those who are employed join, they wd be like senior friends and cd also help with opportunities in their organisations. Even though some of us are employed, we still feel the pains of our friends and relatives. The struggle shall not be in vain!

1 Like

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by franksunny(m): 6:42pm On Sep 14, 2013
Lets be on watch for political infiltrators. catch them, stone them to death
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by franksunny(m): 6:44pm On Sep 14, 2013
Lets be on watch for political infiltrators. catch them, stone them to death.
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by Tobbylobar(m): 7:10pm On Sep 14, 2013
This is a great move...i wish am a graduate already i wud av join in d struggle....but i wll still be following u guys n contribute in my own little way..this is a great move...kudos guys
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by Nextworldnx(m): 7:35pm On Sep 14, 2013
real-teflon:

Bros am in. Like many other abuja resident. Where is abuja peeps meeting

We have to wait and see the number of interested members indicate their interest here first. Then plan out our first meeting point.

Abuja peeps, where are u?

Please note that we don't have a leader at all, we don't want anybody selling us out or using us to achieve selfish purpose. Everybody has a say in this struggle.
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by SHAIBULIAR: 8:04pm On Sep 14, 2013
I pray polithievians do not buy over their would be officials. Nice concept anyway.
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by SHAIBULIAR: 8:13pm On Sep 14, 2013
The formation of this powerful group if they are serious and focused might lead to revolution in Nigeria.....just wait and see
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by ehixking(m): 8:14pm On Sep 14, 2013
blink182: it still does not change the fact you are the genuine thing.

Still talking about importing from china! Gush!
Our Country is not a dumping ground please!!
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by SHAIBULIAR: 8:15pm On Sep 14, 2013
blink182: FOOLS!!!
sharaaaap hediot

1 Like

Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by Adeyeyeaki(m): 8:19pm On Sep 14, 2013
I really appericate youe effort Ehis Abuya, just keep the fire burning. Sky is not your limit.
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by Nobody: 8:26pm On Sep 14, 2013
ehixking:

Still talking about importing from china! Gush!
Our Country is not a dumping ground please!!
your ignorance precedes you.
Re: Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) by Nobody: 8:33pm On Sep 14, 2013
shejane: Hope d leaders of dis association wil nt use dis 4 der own advantage collecting moni 4m govt nd 4gting d fight nd der members
Jus saying thou
what else. It will only be a matter of time before the gullible come here to call the exco of this union crooks.

And when the shite hits the fan, it should make frontpage too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Abdullahi Olatoye, The Windscreen Cleaner : A Victim Of Our Lost Humanity / Juju Scare: Should I Quit My Job? / 7 Industries And Career Fields For Comfortable Living In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.