Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,982 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

Oshiomhole Urges Students Not To Give-up On Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole Urges Students Not To Give-up On Nigeria (9323 Views)

Oshiomhole Builds 30-feet Underground Drainage System In Benin (photos) / Arrested Nigerian Students Not Terrorists – Parent / Osun Election: Students Not Endorsing Governor Rauf Aregbesola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oshiomhole Urges Students Not To Give-up On Nigeria by timwezzb(m): 11:25am On Sep 09, 2013
Please SomeOne Should Help ME and ASK Which of the NIGERIA Should WE Believe IN?
Re: Oshiomhole Urges Students Not To Give-up On Nigeria by ceejayluv(m): 11:30am On Sep 09, 2013
The same Oshiomole that promised to pay us 25k each during our NYSC POP last June? And has conveniently "forgotten" the promise given to over a THOUSAND youths??
I won't judge him based on that though.
Re: Oshiomhole Urges Students Not To Give-up On Nigeria by orgasticdance: 11:34am On Sep 09, 2013
moscobabs: how many of ur children dey UNIBEN or AAU
Exactly.
his kids study/ied abroad...
typical hypocricy expected from thoughtless nigerian leaders...
That ur children attend nigerian universities does not automatically make u a selfless leader, granted.. but it does go a long way to 'show' that you empathize with da hustle of "ordinary" Nigerians. David Cameron who had the privilege of attending some of the best English schools in Eton and Oxford once publikly declared that his kids would attend state (or public) schools. If this happens and he eventually waxes lyrical about british youth patronizing english institutions, no one would accuse him of being hypocritical and not leading by example. But here, the opposite always reigns supreme. Oshiomole has no moral authority to exhort Nigerian youths to not give up on Nigeria simply because by his actions we have no reason to think he hasn't done so himself.
Re: Oshiomhole Urges Students Not To Give-up On Nigeria by danny301: 11:36am On Sep 09, 2013
Oshiomhole is no-longer working in the Edo state the way he was working during his first teRM..... Is it that there is no more in the state or there is no more work to do?............ I think the proposed one term for president or govs would have been a good thing had it scale through because almost all the governors in their second term have stop, working all they do now is traveling round the world, and if they happen to be in Nigeria they prefer staying in/at Abuja and doing things they were not elected to do....... Nigeria need a generational shift in leadership, it's time for the younger generation to come forth and sincerely canvass for generational change in this country............. But, the big question is, how prepared are the youths to salvage this country from the imminent collapse staring at us...... Many of us are only engrossed in tribalism and sycophancy while our collective destiny is at stake..... Those in power are fighting with everything in there arsenal to remain in power while their friends who are not directly in power are using everything in their disposal to come, but its not because they have the interest of Nigeria and Nigerians at heart but because they want to keep on stealing our collective resources send their children to foreign universities, buy properties in foreign countries and keep part for their unborn generations .... Now, nobody is seriously talking about ASUU strike but meetings are going ceaselessly and millions, if not billions of Dollar changing hands to restore peace in PDP not for anything but just for few persons to keep on enjoying what God has giving to all of us while millions of Nigerians live below 1 dollar a day........................ Some call themselves APC, but they are same in all aspects except in their disagreement on who should be in power.......... They use ethnicity and religion to weaken us to their own advantages and their children in their early thirties are doing their 2nd if not 3rd degrees in foreign universities while you can hardly see an ordinary Nigerian youth graduating from the university before the age of 30 because of strike and the general frustration in the our educational system.... Yet, its these hopeless youths that go about serving as thugs in the hands of these politicians...... After sometime, their children will return from abroad and take over from them while you remain their servants, but these are people that if giving the same opportunities would not do better than you in any ramification of life......................... Its high time, we the youths of Nigeria demand earnestly to take over the leadership of Nigeria................I REST MY CASE.

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Urges Students Not To Give-up On Nigeria by badmeat(m): 11:42am On Sep 09, 2013
Help me thank God!my bar man has reduced the price of Heineken,sad
Re: Oshiomhole Urges Students Not To Give-up On Nigeria by Rapmoney(m): 12:01pm On Sep 09, 2013
Why is it that public office holders are fond of addressing a particular set of people only when they are invited for one occasion, conference, workshop, seminar or the other? They should just go ahead and do things that will make the students/youths not to give up on Nigeria instead of much talking. Sometimes I feel ashamed to be a citizen of this 'hell'. If heaven had a ghetto that is sweater than here, you know Rapmoney would just pack his bag and leave next year!
Re: Oshiomhole Urges Students Not To Give-up On Nigeria by fr3do(m): 12:10pm On Sep 09, 2013
We are talking like if the youths of today wont be the old people of tomorrow.

The mentality of the average nigerian is brute.
Morals need to be taught as a subject at primary and secondary school level.

My 2kobo
Re: Oshiomhole Urges Students Not To Give-up On Nigeria by owolabifunke14(f): 12:12pm On Sep 09, 2013
telexfree1:

Apparently , you have little or no idea of Gov Oshiom's place in the history of labour union struggles
Spare me that labour union crap.Has he done anything different from what the people he was fighting as labour leader did
Re: Oshiomhole Urges Students Not To Give-up On Nigeria by owolabifunke14(f): 12:15pm On Sep 09, 2013
jude33084:

was it Oshoimhole that spoilt the country? angry

you left your presido GEJ and his PDP crew to blame an innocent man sad

GEJ is not left out too
Re: Oshiomhole Urges Students Not To Give-up On Nigeria by adultdesigner: 12:19pm On Sep 09, 2013
Ufranklin92: This people is always talking rubbish
they are always drunk,drinking masters.
Re: Oshiomhole Urges Students Not To Give-up On Nigeria by avalontony(m): 12:19pm On Sep 09, 2013
mr governor....i don give up since....., if say u never collect your share you no go the talk like this... just govern your people well.
Re: Oshiomhole Urges Students Not To Give-up On Nigeria by Nobody: 12:25pm On Sep 09, 2013
Re: Oshiomhole Urges Students Not To Give-up On Nigeria by Ndkings1(m): 12:29pm On Sep 09, 2013
Bleep him. . .
Re: Oshiomhole Urges Students Not To Give-up On Nigeria by Korrection(m): 12:35pm On Sep 09, 2013
rozayx5:

i wud like Seun and his Mods to censor these 2 words for just a week, am sure this rubbish will stop by then undecided
you ar very stupid...seun na ur papa..so without being told you dont know that we are on en tym tinzzzz
Re: Oshiomhole Urges Students Not To Give-up On Nigeria by CollinsLeSkillzMadumere(m): 12:37pm On Sep 09, 2013
Ok I hear you sir

Re: Oshiomhole Urges Students Not To Give-up On Nigeria by Moralistli(m): 12:59pm On Sep 09, 2013
He stated that it was the first time that the association would give awards to politicians, adding that as students, they had continued to regard Oshiomhole as ‘a Comrade’ and not a politician.

Don't know why, can't say why,,,,but when i read d above, water fell away my eyes!
Re: Oshiomhole Urges Students Not To Give-up On Nigeria by judemorfy(m): 1:12pm On Sep 09, 2013
Oshiomole.....mstcheeeeeeeew D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ act like D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ care!!!
Re: Oshiomhole Urges Students Not To Give-up On Nigeria by deandavid(m): 1:22pm On Sep 09, 2013
owolabifunke14: Abeg free us this ur yeye talk.U don spoil our country finish come dey use style dey twist am back to d youths.
so what do u suggest we do, sit down and complain............. we just have to keep believing in Nigeria, and work towards it, dnt sit on the fence, dont watch how things happen, get involved, that's the best we can do now.
we cant kill them all, we can revolt, we cant die........hence we just need to keep believing, and work towards our faith
Re: Oshiomhole Urges Students Not To Give-up On Nigeria by banky222: 1:31pm On Sep 09, 2013
telexfree1:

Apparently , you have little or no idea of Gov Oshiom's place in the history of labour union struggles
all na washy. Ekaf elggurts ot niag ytiralupop.
Re: Oshiomhole Urges Students Not To Give-up On Nigeria by deandavid(m): 1:34pm On Sep 09, 2013
avalontony: mr governor....i don give up since....., if say u never collect your share you no go the talk like this... just govern your people well.
so what happens next after giving up...........let the stealing and bad leadership continue........... what will u tell your children.... that u gave up without trying........ you guys better out on ur thinking caps and start working, America didnt become like that, if their youths gave up on their country.
Re: Oshiomhole Urges Students Not To Give-up On Nigeria by deandavid(m): 1:35pm On Sep 09, 2013
banky222: all na washy. Ekaf elggurts ot niag ytiralupop.
how old are u boy
Re: Oshiomhole Urges Students Not To Give-up On Nigeria by deandavid(m): 1:45pm On Sep 09, 2013
owolabifunke14: Spare me that labour union crap.Has he done anything different from what the people he was fighting as labour leader did
so madam what's ur point............. are u saying, u are blind to all the turn arround in ERdo state, or u are just following the crowd, to give up on ur future...........
Re: Oshiomhole Urges Students Not To Give-up On Nigeria by deandavid(m): 2:09pm On Sep 09, 2013
danny301: Oshiomhole is no-longer working in the Edo state the way he was working during his first teRM..... Is it that there is no more in the state or there is no more work to do?............ I think the proposed one term for president or govs would have been a good thing had it scale through because almost all the governors in their second term have stop, working all they do now is traveling round the world, and if they happen to be in Nigeria they prefer staying in/at Abuja and doing things they were not elected to do....... Nigeria need a generational shift in leadership, it's time for the younger generation to come forth and sincerely canvass for generational change in this country............. But, the big question is, how prepared are the youths to salvage this country from the imminent collapse staring at us...... Many of us are only engrossed in tribalism and sycophancy while our collective destiny is at stake..... Those in power are fighting with everything in there arsenal to remain in power while their friends who are not directly in power are using everything in their disposal to come, but its not because they have the interest of Nigeria and Nigerians at heart but because they want to keep on stealing our collective resources send their children to foreign universities, buy properties in foreign countries and keep part for their unborn generations .... Now, nobody is seriously talking about ASUU strike but meetings are going ceaselessly and millions, if not billions of Dollar changing hands to restore peace in PDP not for anything but just for few persons to keep on enjoying what God has giving to all of us while millions of Nigerians live below 1 dollar a day........................ Some call themselves APC, but they are same in all aspects except in their disagreement on who should be in power.......... They use ethnicity and religion to weaken us to their own advantages and their children in their early thirties are doing their 2nd if not 3rd degrees in foreign universities while you can hardly see an ordinary Nigerian youth graduating from the university before the age of 30 because of strike and the general frustration in the our educational system.... Yet, its these hopeless youths that go about serving as thugs in the hands of these politicians...... After sometime, their children will return from abroad and take over from them while you remain their servants, but these are people that if giving the same opportunities would not do better than you in any ramification of life......................... Its high time, we the youths of Nigeria demand earnestly to take over the leadership of Nigeria................I REST MY CASE.
my brother, ur suggestion is the best way to go. but there is a big BUT, how many Nigerian youths are ready and willing for this struggle and change......... how do u go abt it. [just put in ur mind revolution cannot work]. i have sat down and taught of all these things, and we cannot just sit down lament,complain and do nothing, that is why i am advocating, we [youths with good heart and still believe in Nigeria]go and be part of leadership in Nigeria, we shouldnt just wait for things to happen, we should be actively be involved, in our communities, wards, local govt, state and the country as a whole. i am driving towards this direction, that is why i have deceided to join the APC, at least in my state, its just kicking off,before the bad guys flood the party, i have been encouraging my friends to be part, so that we position ourselves. we cannot Not do nothing, we must act, and now.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Urges Students Not To Give-up On Nigeria by deandavid(m): 2:16pm On Sep 09, 2013
orgasticdance:

Exactly.
his kids study/ied abroad...
typical hypocricy expected from thoughtless nigerian leaders...
That ur children attend nigerian universities does not automatically make u a selfless leader, granted.. but it does go a long way to 'show' that you empathize with da hustle of "ordinary" Nigerians. David Cameron who had the privilege of attending some of the best English schools in Eton and Oxford once publikly declared that his kids would attend state (or public) schools. If this happens and he eventually waxes lyrical about british youth patronizing english institutions, no one would accuse him of being hypocritical and not leading by example. But here, the opposite always reigns supreme. Oshiomole has no moral authority to exhort Nigerian youths to not give up on Nigeria simply because by his actions we have no reason to think he hasn't done so himself.
ok, give up na and what will u gain............ you are talking abt uk and advance countries morality and good sense of leadership. it is a fact agree or not, OUR PARENTS HAS FAILED US, they left leadership and politics for the bad guys to manage, now from the statements of most young Nigerian's here we are also moving towards failing our children. we cant continue to cry over spilled milk, it is time to get involved.
Re: Oshiomhole Urges Students Not To Give-up On Nigeria by UyiIredia(m): 2:44pm On Sep 09, 2013
Agreed. Oshiomole is working to solve the Nigerian problem and I fully support his statement. The developed nations people always look up to happened to face problems we face, even worse, it is their efforts which made their nations the havens Nigerians troop to: SMH at the folly of Nigerians leaving their country instead of fighting to better it.
Re: Oshiomhole Urges Students Not To Give-up On Nigeria by Junki04(m): 3:01pm On Sep 09, 2013
Ufranklin92: This people is always talking rubbish
u go school at all? see what ASUU has caused
Re: Oshiomhole Urges Students Not To Give-up On Nigeria by Thebrightest(m): 7:58pm On Sep 09, 2013
Good
Re: Oshiomhole Urges Students Not To Give-up On Nigeria by ceeceeco: 6:33am On Sep 10, 2013
I have a dream that one day the youths/masses will rise up against the government & fight for their right; that enough is enough...#Timing#
Re: Oshiomhole Urges Students Not To Give-up On Nigeria by adepojuot: 8:27am On Sep 10, 2013
End time tinz

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Urges Students Not To Give-up On Nigeria by ektbear: 8:32am On Sep 10, 2013
God bless Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Addax OML License Saga: The Real Facts / Oil Producing States Have Cornered The Nation's Wealth- Yobe Governor / Atiku Fears Arrest In The US. Returns To Nigeria - PM News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.