Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,415 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:10 AM

True Principle Of Tithing REVEALED. Do Not Be Deceived - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / True Principle Of Tithing REVEALED. Do Not Be Deceived (2039 Views)

Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. / Understanding The Concept of Tithing / From TB Joshua's Church, Don't Be Deceived By Emmanuel TV Go And See, Its Fake! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

True Principle Of Tithing REVEALED. Do Not Be Deceived by ojesoj(m): 10:53am On Sep 09, 2013
As far as many pastors are concerned, the
most important scripture of all is not to be found in the word of Jesus.
Neither is it even in the New Testament.

That scripture says: “‘Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may
be food in my house, and try me now in this,’ says the LORD of hosts, ‘If I
will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you such blessing
that there will not be room enough to receive it.’” (Malachi 3:10).

This scripture is drummed repeatedly into Christians on Sundays. However, the
only time Jesus mentioned tithing in scripture, he pointed out that it was not
a weighty matter of the law. (Matthew 23:23). Hebrews says people only receive
tithes “according to the law.” (Hebrews 7:5). It then insists tithing (and
everything else under the law) has been annulled: “The former regulation is set
aside because it was weak and useless.” (Hebrews 7:18-19). Nevertheless,
mercenary pastors continue to insist on the payment of tithes.

Latter-day Pharisees

Jesus rebuked the Pharisees for keeping part instead of the whole law. (Matthew
23:23). That is what tithe-collecting pastors do today. If we insist our
congregants must pay tithes, we must also insist that they keep the rest of the
law. James says: “Whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one
point, he is guilty of all.” (James 2:10). Therefore, if we insist on tithing,
we should also refrain from eating pork. We should stone adulterers, execute
homosexuals, kill Sabbath violators and restore blood-sacrifices.

Tithe-collecting pastors counter this by maintaining the payment of tithes
pre-dated the law. Here Abraham is cited as the cardinal example of someone who
paid tithes before the promulgation of the Law of Moses, as did Jacob, his
grandson. However, such arguments are disingenuous.

Before the law, tithing was at best an example but not a commandment. Moreover,
pastors fail to mention that Abraham only tithed once in his lifetime. When he
did, he did not even tithe his own money: he tithed the spoils of war. He gave
ten percent of the plunder he took when he rescued Lot to Melchisedec, king of
Salem. But then he did not even keep the rest but returned it (all ninety
percent) to the king of Sodom.

For his part, Jacob also tithed only once. He did this in a “let’s make a deal”
arrangement he offered to God: “Jacob made a vow, saying, ‘If God will be with
me, and keep me in this way that I am going, and give me bread to eat and
clothing to put on, so that I come back to my father’s house in peace, then the
LORD shall be my God. And this stone which I have set as a pillar shall be
God’s house, and of all that you give me I will surely give a tenth to you.’”
(Genesis 28:20-22). This kind of deal about accepting God only under certain
self-serving conditions should certainly not be a term of reference for any
serious believer.

Lies upon lies

The first lie pastors tell Christians is what some have referred to as “the
eleventh commandment:” “Thou shalt pay thy tithes to thy local church.” But the
bible says no such thing. The storehouse of Malachi was not a church. It was a
place where food was kept.

Pastors hide from church-members the fact that money was not acceptable as
tithe. The tithe was a tenth of the seed and fruit of the land and of the
animals which ate of the land. (Leviticus 27:30-32). That is why God says:
“Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be FOOD in my house.”
(Malachi 3:10). He does not say “that there may be MONEY in my house.” The food
was used to feed the Levites, the poor, widows, orphans and strangers.

Pastors also conveniently fail to teach the biblical tithe. The principles of
tithing were not laid down by Malachi. They were laid down by Moses. The study
of Moses’ guidelines quickly reveals that the biblical tithe has no application
whatsoever to Christians and is mischievously violated by tithe-collecting
pastors today.

According to the Law of Moses, the tithe was divided into three allocations.
The first year, it was given to the Levite. The second year, it was given to
widows, orphans and the poor. The third year, it was eaten in the company of
the faithful before the Lord as thanksgiving for his faithfulness. (Deuteronomy
14:22-28). In the seventh year, there was no planting and no reaping and
therefore no tithing.

So the next time your pastor asks you to pay tithe, ask him about the
seventh-year reprieve. Also ask him if you can give your tithe to the
orphanage, or bring it as food items to be eaten in church. Believe me; he will
not agree with you because it is your money he is after.

Inapplicability of tithes

Tithing was only applicable to Jews and to the land of Israel. When large
populations of Jews lived in Babylon, Ammon, Moab, Egypt, and Syria, these
lands became tithe-able lands. However, tithes were not acceptable from
strictly Gentile lands. So you need to ask your pastor how come he is
collecting tithes in Nigeria.

Servants or slaves who worked on the land did not tithe because the land did
not belong to them. Since only agricultural and animal resources were included,
a fisherman gave no tithe of his fisheries. Neither did a miner or a carpenter
pay tithes, nor anyone from the various professional occupations. So if you are
not a farmer or a keeper of livestock, tell your 419 pastor tithing is biblically
inapplicable to you.

Moreover, the only people authorised to receive tithes were the Levites.
(Hebrews 7:5). So if your Pastor is a “tithe-collector,” ask him if he happens
to be a Jew. Remind him that, even though a Jew, Jesus could not receive the
tithe because he was not from the tribe of Levi but from that of Judah.

The trick, of course, is for pastors today to claim we are “Levites.” If your
pastor is one such dissembler, ask him if he lives as a Levite. Remind him that
Levites had no land and did not have private property. Ask him also how he
knows he is from the tribe of Levi, which happens to be one of the lost tribes
of Israel. Point out to him that even Jewish rabbis don’t claim to be Levites
today because all Jewish genealogical records were lost with the destruction of
the Temple in AD 70, ensuring that it is no longer possible to ascertain the
true identity of Levites.

Therefore, if Jews no longer tithe because the Levites are a lost tribe, how
can Christian pastors collect tithes when we are not even Jewish, how much more
Levites? If Jewish rabbis, whose terms of reference remain the Old Testament no
longer collect tithes, then pastors who insist Christians are under a New
Testament have no business doing so.

The conclusion then is inescapable. Every pastor who collects tithes is nothing
but “a thief and a robber.” (John 10:1).

By Femi Aribisala

3 Likes

Re: True Principle Of Tithing REVEALED. Do Not Be Deceived by escavros: 1:58pm On Sep 09, 2013
Dear Femi,
Your setiments on tithes are well appreciated.

My Lord Jesus didn't come to destroy the law but to fulfil and perfect the law, he became to us a high priest after the order of Melchisedec (who was not a levite) who was before Abraham as it is written "...having neither beginning of days, nor end of life, but made unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually."
Jesus (who was not a levite) came also, but perfecting the law through his blood unto a new and everlasting covenant in that He lives forevermore like Melchisedec, unlike the Levites who could not out live the law. He by his own blood therefore has broken down the middle wall of partition thereby not restricting anyone access to the service of God. (Ephesians 2: 14-16)

Through this new and everlasting covenant by the blood of Jesus which speaks better things than the blood of animals, God has reconciled us to himself and called us "sons of God" and a "royal priesthood" unto God, like as the levites, thus empowering Christians amongst other responsibilities, also to receive tithes of each other; the less to be blessed of the better from a spiritually responsible view.

It is written in Malachi 3:10 "bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house..."

It is a great blessing to give to the poor and needy, but this is referred to as "giving alms" and not as "paying tithes" since they are not of a surety spiritually better than you are.
Dear friend you cannot reap of the full benefits of your tithes according to the blessings in the word of God (as written in Malachi 3) if you decide to turn your "Tithes" to alms.
Melchisedec was spiritually greater than Abraham and in paying tithes to him, he blessed Abraham.

"... And without all contradiction, the less is blessed of the better" (Hebrews 7:7)

Whatever you do, please do not rob God in tithes and offering worse still, do not encourage people to rob God.
It's like forming a gang of robbers of God with you at the helm of the affairs of which you will be judged of God.

Please sir, Instead of encouraging others not to pay tithes, pls encourage them.
You (if you are born again) being a priest of God also, though lower in spiritual authority you have a right to request to know, understand and supervise that the tithes are being used for the work of God the father, and not being misappropriated by the man or pastor in the helm of affairs.
Remember we are the body of Christ, and we all have to play a role in restoring Godly order and propagating the message of salvation both in words and deeds even if it means requesting to understand the accounts of the ministry but peaceably and with wisdom.

May God bless you as you consider the glory of Jesus first.

PRAYER
Father pls forgive me of my wrongs, wash me in the blood of Jesus and use me as a tool in your hand to bring glory to your House in Jesus holy name I pray
Amen.

Focal bible reference: Hebrews 7

1 Like

Re: True Principle Of Tithing REVEALED. Do Not Be Deceived by PastorKun(m): 2:08pm On Sep 09, 2013
^^^

Are you sure you have read and understand hebrew 7? Cos if you have, you would realise tithes was annulled in verses 11 & 12 and further described as a weak useless and unprofitable practise in verses 18 &19.
Re: True Principle Of Tithing REVEALED. Do Not Be Deceived by escavros: 3:57pm On Sep 09, 2013
Pastor Kun: ^^^

Are you sure you have read and understand hebrew 7? Cos if you have, you would realise tithes was annulled in verses 11 & 12 and further described as a weak useless and unprofitable practise in verses 18 &19.

Dear Pastor Kun,

I did read through it sir, and i was able to understand that Paul was trying to explain the priesthood of Jesus Christ comparing him to Mechisedec the king of salem.
I do not speak as a pastor, for i am not one neither am I a church cleric of any sort, i do not take tithes of another, but i do pay my tithes of all i earn as much as God helps me to.

I'm Christian like any other, who's desire is to be used by God in this matter and any other He pleases.

Please sir note these (with no intent to argue, but to share the Word of God)
- Melchisedec who lives forever received tithes of Abraham though he was not a Levite. (chapter 6)
- Chapter 8 tells of the imperfect state of the Levites in that they unlike Melchisedec, Levites do die.
- Chapter 11 further says "if the levitical priesthood was perfect, there would be no need for Jesus to come after the order of Melchisedec who lives forever" (rephrased)
- Chapter 23 buttresses the intention of God to change this as the priest couldn't offer an everlasting service because they die, therefore God sent us his Son Jesus who continueth forever, having an unchangeable priesthood. Wherefore he is able also to save us to the uttermost that come to God by him seeing Jesus lives forever to intercede for us. (chapter 24 & 25)

Jesus Christ didn't come to destroy the law as it is written in Matthew 5: 17, but to fulfil it.
He has now made us a more perfect commandment thereby setting aside the weak and useless hope, by introducing a better hope by which we may draw near to God. (Hebrew 7: 18 & 19)

Now we may obtain a perfect promise of all things promised to us of God as written in the scriptures through Jesus Christ even the forgiveness of sins through the blood of Jesus and an everlasting life.

In the area of Tithes we may now obtain a more perfect blessing as written in Malachi 3:10 to the Glory of God through his everlasting priest Jesus Christ who lives forever after the order of Melchisedec the king of Salem.

Halleluyah!!

1 Like

Re: True Principle Of Tithing REVEALED. Do Not Be Deceived by macof(m): 4:49pm On Sep 09, 2013
thank God people are seeing the truth..... Christians if u like continue following the laws of the Old testament(especially the tithe part). but know that if u follow one part of the law u must follow the whole, so how come u guys dont do animal burnt sacrifice? when u see African burnt sacrifice u would say "evil people" as if Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Jewish priest dont do it.....Christianity in my opinion is full of hypocrisy
Re: True Principle Of Tithing REVEALED. Do Not Be Deceived by Zikkyy(m): 5:24pm On Sep 09, 2013
escavros: Dear Femi,
My Lord Jesus didn't come to destroy the law but to fulfil and perfect the law, he became to us a high priest after the order of Melchisedec (who was not a levite) who was before Abraham as it is written "...having neither beginning of days, nor end of life, but made unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually."
Jesus (who was not a levite) came also, but perfecting the law through his blood unto a new and everlasting covenant in that He lives forevermore like Melchisedec, unlike the Levites who could not out live the law. He by his own blood therefore has broken down the middle wall of partition thereby not restricting anyone access to the service of God. (Ephesians 2: 14-16)

You have one problem; and that is the need to defend your tithing practice any way possible. What is wrong with you saying "i give 10% of my income (tithe) to my church because i want to"? Nobody will crucify you for that! i don't see how that can be wrong! But it very obvious your tithing does not come from the heart, you either see it as a problem solving scheme (meaning you will not give if there is no profit) or you are afraid the devourer will come for you (mosaic law).

escavros: Dear Femi,

You don't have to insult Christ's priesthood to defend your so called tithing practice. If you ever taken time off your tithing activities to study what you wrote up there, you would have seen that you've either elevated melchizedek to Godly status or you reduced Christ to the level of man.

escavros:
- Chapter 8 tells of the imperfect state of the Levites in that they unlike Melchisedec, Levites do die.

Melchizedec is alive!? so where is he now?

1 Like

Re: True Principle Of Tithing REVEALED. Do Not Be Deceived by escavros: 10:33pm On Sep 09, 2013
Dear Zikky,

Do you pay your tithes? If you do so as you have confirmed, you do well.
"it is God that maketh you to do of His own good pleasure", and we give God all the praise.
Pls encourage others to do likewise and may God bless you as you do.

Encourage also more importantly Righteousness and Holiness without which no man shall see God.

Jesus loves you

1 Like

Re: True Principle Of Tithing REVEALED. Do Not Be Deceived by PastorKun(m): 6:27am On Sep 10, 2013
escavros:

Dear Pastor Kun,

I did read through it sir, and i was able to understand that Paul was trying to explain the priesthood of Jesus Christ comparing him to Mechisedec the king of salem.
I do not speak as a pastor, for i am not one neither am I a church cleric of any sort, i do not take tithes of another, but i do pay my tithes of all i earn as much as God helps me to.

I'm Christian like any other, who's desire is to be used by God in this matter and any other He pleases.

- Melchisedec who lives forever received tithes of Abraham though he was not a Levite. (chapter 6)
- Chapter 11 further says "if the levitical priesthood was perfect, there would be no need for Jesus to come after the order of Melchisedec who lives forever" (rephrased)
- Chapter 23 buttresses the intention of God to change this as the priest couldn't offer an everlasting service because they die, therefore God sent us his Son Jesus who continueth forever, having an unchangeable priesthood. Wherefore he is able also to save us to the uttermost that come to God by him seeing Jesus lives forever to intercede for us. (chapter 24 & 25)

Jesus Christ didn't come to destroy the law as it is written in Matthew 5: 17, but to fulfil it.
He has now made us a more perfect commandment thereby setting aside the weak and useless hope, by introducing a better hope by which we may draw near to God. (Hebrew 7: 18 & 19)

Now we may obtain a perfect promise of all things promised to us of God as written in the scriptures through Jesus Christ even the forgiveness of sins through the blood of Jesus and an everlasting life.

In the area of Tithes we may now obtain a more perfect blessing as written in Malachi 3:10 to the Glory of God through his everlasting priest Jesus Christ who lives forever after the order of Melchisedec the king of Salem.

Halleluyah!!

Let's go back to the basics, kindly tell me how the bible defines tithes with scriptural backing and whilst you are it explain to us why it's justifiable to twist the word of God to arrive at the type of unbiblical tithing being preached today.

PS: remember God made it clear in scripture that it is a grievous sin to add or remove from his word.
Re: True Principle Of Tithing REVEALED. Do Not Be Deceived by Joagbaje(m): 8:51am On Sep 10, 2013
escavros:

Dear Pastor Kun,

Halleluyah!!

You are very correct brother. Heb 7 has nothing to do with tithe ending . NDU there's no ingle scripture in the bible that suggest or give any slight impression of ending of tithe . Offerings and tithing are everlasting principles.

2 Likes

Re: True Principle Of Tithing REVEALED. Do Not Be Deceived by PastorKun(m): 8:56am On Sep 10, 2013
Joagbaje:

You are very correct brother. Heb 7 has nothing to do with tithe ending . NDU there's no ingle scripture in the bible that suggest or give any slight impression of ending of tithe . Offerings and tithing are everlasting principles.

Keep on deceiving yourself and your victims that attend your church.
Re: True Principle Of Tithing REVEALED. Do Not Be Deceived by Zikkyy(m): 9:31am On Sep 10, 2013
Joagbaje:

You refused to specify the tithe that is everlasting. We know Abraham's type of tithe ended with Abraham, and the tithe to the Levites went with the Levite. So what tithe is everlasting? the fraud inspired pastoral version? I agree that one will not end as long as there is poverty and problem in the land sad and you don't expect to find that in the scriptures because it was not practiced at the time.

Joagbaje:

Hebrews 7 tells you that the tithe to the Levite went with them (because Hebrews 7 tells you it was only the Levites that had commandment according to the law to exact tithes from the people). it was the only tithing practice in operation at the time and it was the only tithing practice commanded by God). Your Abrahamic type tithe was nailed to the temple's wall the day moses delivered the new tithing model. What you practice today is man made.

The scripture may not tell you that tithe has ended. There is no need for that because every giving is a tenth (or 10%) of something. My giving in church last sunday could have been a tenth (or 10%) of the money in my wallet, meaning i gave a tithe of the money in my wallet smiley we all give tithe one way or the other and the bible will not tell you to stop giving 10% because every giving could be 10% of something. What was abolished was the tithing practice defined/instituted by God himself. I am sure it's not that difficult for you to understand smiley

1 Like

Re: True Principle Of Tithing REVEALED. Do Not Be Deceived by Candour(m): 9:50am On Sep 10, 2013
Zikkyy:

You refused to specify the tithe that is everlasting. We know Abraham's type of tithe ended with Abraham, and the tithe to the Levites went with the Levite. So what tithe is everlasting? the fraud inspired pastoral version? I agree that one will not end as long as there is poverty and problem in the land sad and you don't expect to find that in the scriptures because it was not practiced at the time.

Hebrews 7 tells you that the tithe to the Levite went with them (because Hebrews 7 tells you it was only the Levites that had commandment according to the law to exact tithes from the people). it was the only tithing practice in operation at the time and it was the only tithing practice commanded by God). Your Abrahamic type tithe was nailed to the temple's wall the day moses delivered the new tithing model. What you practice today is man made.

The scripture may not tell you that tithe has ended. There is no need for that because every giving is a tenth (or 10%) of something. My giving in church last sunday could have been a tenth (or 10%) of the money in my wallet, meaning i gave a tithe of the money in my wallet smiley we all give tithe one way or the other and the bible will not tell you to stop giving 10% because every giving could be 10% of something. What was abolished was the tithing practice defined/instituted by God himself. I am sure it's not that difficult for you to understand smiley

This is the same reason i wanted him to tell us which version is eternal but he ran away from that thread like he did too on the 'Tithe and Offerings' thread of OLAADEGBU in march. Mal 3:8-12 that is their most important bible verse did not define the tithe. You show them Deut 14:22-29, Num 18:21-31, Neh 10:37-39, they start speaking in tongues.

they know all these things but they bluntly refuse to accept the truth.

Anyway i'm happy that these kinds of shenanigans come up as they help me in my Bible study as i'm forced to search the scriptures again and again to see if i missed somethings and i end up digging up more treasures grin

1 Like

Re: True Principle Of Tithing REVEALED. Do Not Be Deceived by Etesam(m): 3:17pm On Sep 10, 2013
ojesoj: As far as many past...
Jehovah's Witness do not pay tithes.
Re: True Principle Of Tithing REVEALED. Do Not Be Deceived by Etesam(m): 3:23pm On Sep 10, 2013
macof: thank God people are seeing the truth..... .....Christianity in my opinion is full of hypocrisy
nobody forces you to be a christian.
Re: True Principle Of Tithing REVEALED. Do Not Be Deceived by macof(m): 6:53pm On Sep 10, 2013
Etesam:
nobody forces you to be a christian.
Yh and nobody forces me not to tell the truth and let people be aware of the fraud they call a principle of their religion
Re: True Principle Of Tithing REVEALED. Do Not Be Deceived by 2sizzlin(m): 8:07pm On Sep 10, 2013
Okay okay okay, now I know Pastor Bankie gat advocates. It's relieving to know that some ppl still know the truth. Thank God no Pastor can harass me with tithes, I ain't paying shit in the name of tithes.

Though I pay tithes my motive is different. Not on the basis of law, I ain't bound by the law.

1 Like

Re: True Principle Of Tithing REVEALED. Do Not Be Deceived by Etesam(m): 8:17pm On Sep 10, 2013
macof:
Yh and nobody forces me not to tell the truth and let people be aware of the fraud they call a principle of their religion
'Truth' is a relative term. What you call fraud is sacred reality to others. As for me i do not condemn another for what he believes. This does not however obligate me to believe as he does.
Re: True Principle Of Tithing REVEALED. Do Not Be Deceived by Nobody: 3:07am On Sep 11, 2013
Lol, a lot of charlatan pastors would soon quit the faith with these revelations. About time we know who's there for the money or the gospel.
The apostles didn't go about seeking tithes. The people gave by their own volition.

The bible is very clear why the Levites, among the poor, widows were included in the tithing. It's because they had no landed properties or inheritance. Is that applicable today?

Nothing wrong in giving to the church. I would gladly give my money for the propagation of the gospel. But enough of the deceit!

Today's church have rather stolen from the poor or people who are struggling. And you people wanna make heaven? Rotflmao!

4 Likes

Re: True Principle Of Tithing REVEALED. Do Not Be Deceived by Candour(m): 5:13am On Sep 11, 2013
stillwater: Lol, a lot of charlatan pastors would soon quit the faith with these revelations. About time we know who's there for the money or the gospel.
The apostles didn't go about seeking tithes. The people gave by their own volition.

The bible is very clear why the Levites, among the poor, widows were included in the tithing. It's because they had no landed properties or inheritance. Is that applicable today?

Nothing wrong in giving to the church. I would gladly give my money for the propagation of the gospel. But enough of the deceit!

Today's church have rather stolen from the poor or people who are struggling. And you people wanna make heaven? Rotflmao!

Very well said.

God bless you

1 Like

Re: True Principle Of Tithing REVEALED. Do Not Be Deceived by Etesam(m): 7:30am On Sep 11, 2013
stillwater: Lol, a lot of charlatan pastors would soon quit the faith... Rotflmao!

Candour:

Very well said.

God bless you
What you fail to appreciate is the sincerity (or is it ignorance!) of most church people, myself included. Not all pastors collecting tithes are profiteers. Some of the people who pay tihes do so from geniun love -not fear or reward.
Re: True Principle Of Tithing REVEALED. Do Not Be Deceived by Candour(m): 7:56am On Sep 11, 2013
Etesam:
What you fail to appreciate is the sincerity (or is it ignorance!) of most church people, myself included. Not all pastors collecting tithes are profiteers. Some of the people who pay tihes do so from geniun love -not fear or reward.

I do not doubt your sincerity child of God. My mum who is the best mother any body can have is still tithing and sowing dangerous 'seeds' to her pastors and u know she's doing it sincerely.Even some pastors collect the tithes and use it judiciously to better the lot of their congregation and I knew one of such in Jos way back.

The problem is the businessmen who tell congregants they are sinning by not paying 10% to them.those who tell Christians that Christ's death is not enough and they must collect from you and remit to God before you can prosper. Who gave Dangote, Bill Gates, Warren Buffet the ability to make money? Is it not God? U mean that same God would deny me his child my health, joy,wealth etc because I refuse to pay a self appointed agent 10% of what he freely gave me? Then what does Romans 8:31-32 mean?

The fact that you do it sincerely doesn't make it right. It the cheerful giver God applauds in this dispensation, not the religious tither.

Give 10%,20%,50% or even 100%. Its laudable but it will never be Gods Tithe. God defined his tithe in Deut14:22-29, Number 18:21-32, Neh 10:37-39.Don't desecrate or belittle it with your own definition.

God bless you
Re: True Principle Of Tithing REVEALED. Do Not Be Deceived by Etesam(m): 9:30am On Sep 11, 2013
Candour:

I do not doubt your sincerity child of God....God bless you
Thanks for replying. Actually, i endeavour to pay my tithes. But not to Pastor or Church. I pay 100% not 10. And the tithe which i pay is the whole of me!

2 Likes

Re: True Principle Of Tithing REVEALED. Do Not Be Deceived by Etesam(m): 9:31am On Sep 11, 2013
Candour:

I do not doubt your sincerity child of God. My mum who is the best mother any body can have is still tithing and sowing dangerous 'seeds' to her pastors and u know she's doing it sincerely.Even some pastors collect the tithes and use it judiciously to better the lot of their congregation and I knew one of such in Jos way back.

The problem is the businessmen who tell congregants they are sinning by not paying 10% to them.those who tell Christians that Christ's death is not enough and they must collect from you and remit to God before you can prosper. Who gave Dangote, Bill Gates, Warren Buffet the ability to make money? Is it not God? U mean that same God would deny me his child my health, joy,wealth etc because I refuse to pay a self appointed agent 10% of what he freely gave me? Then what does Romans 8:31-32 mean?

The fact that you do it sincerely doesn't make it right. It the cheerful giver God applauds in this dispensation, not the religious tither.

Give 10%,20%,50% or even 100%. Its laudable but it will never be Gods Tithe. God defined his tithe in Deut14:22-29, Number 18:21-32, Neh 10:37-39.Don't desecrate or belittle it with your own definition.

God bless you
Re: True Principle Of Tithing REVEALED. Do Not Be Deceived by Candour(m): 10:07am On Sep 11, 2013
Etesam:
Thanks for replying. Actually, i endeavour to pay my tithes. But not to Pastor or Church. I pay 100% not 10. And the tithe which i pay is the whole of me!

Halleluyah!!! my brother you just got the message.

Rom 12:1
'I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.'

Christ has the whole of me. If he leads me to give my whole September income for purposes that glorify his name, so be it. He has already let us know what kind of purposes glorify him. Read Matt 25:35-40 to get a picture. Its better for us all as Christians to invest more in people who actually need it than help one man somewhere fulfill his hedonistic dreams and wallow in conspicuous consumption when the bible clearly label them all as vanity upon vanity.

May God bless you as you spend yourself in true service to God almighty

1 Like

Re: True Principle Of Tithing REVEALED. Do Not Be Deceived by nora544: 10:17am On Sep 11, 2013
Yeah that is what is christian.

When you help your neighbor who has no job, who didnot know to feed his children, when you help him that he has a futur, that is what god want from us, to help the poor the people they need it, to give a child a futur.

I work at the moment on a project in Kenya where we help woman to have there own business, so that htey could feed there childs.

We will start next year the same project in Malawi build a school and help woman that they can make there own business.

We know that is what god want from us and we see that we can build a smile on a child, on a woman on a family and they feel happy when they know that they have no problem to put food on the table and that there children could go to school.

I know how much it cost to have a private jet, only this money could help to build jobs in nigeria.

when I read that pastor Adeboye want to have more churches and more pastors, who want to work, or he hope that god one day start printing money for his followers.
Re: True Principle Of Tithing REVEALED. Do Not Be Deceived by Etesam(m): 2:31pm On Sep 11, 2013
nora544: Yeah that is what is christian....
Candour:

Halleluyah!!! my brother you just got the message.
Rom 12:1
...May God bless you as you spend yourself in true service to God almighty
The problem, i think, is marshalling our various resources for kingdom expansion. While millions will continue in ignorance (and greed!) it behoves us to blaze the trail for others to see - if they will see, that is.
Re: True Principle Of Tithing REVEALED. Do Not Be Deceived by emmyileri(m): 9:26pm On Mar 21, 2022

(1) (Reply)

I Saw My Pastor Drinking Action Bitter / Thank You Nature For Liberating Africa Gradually / How I Prophesied The Passing Of TB JOSHUA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.