Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,831 members, 7,817,431 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

His Friend Was Jailed For Stopping At An Unauthorized Bus-stop In Lagos - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / His Friend Was Jailed For Stopping At An Unauthorized Bus-stop In Lagos (14571 Views)

Driver Rams Into Bus Stop In Lagos. See Photos / Pictures Of The Car That Got Burnt At Onipan Bus Stop / LASTMA Fighting Passengers And Driver At Obanikoro Bus-stop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: His Friend Was Jailed For Stopping At An Unauthorized Bus-stop In Lagos by smokeyupu(m): 3:05pm On Sep 11, 2013
This story and countless more are daily occurences on Lagos roads these days. I have stopped driving my car on week days cos of the constant harrassment faced by motorists on Lagos roads. The "TASK FORCES" are so many you dont know which which is which. E better make police catch you than make LASTMA guys hold you.

Some nairalanders here are talking about people discrediting Fashola's government as if you dont reside in Lagos. Perharps respondents like Jaidey are choppers in the government and are not ready to hear the truth by being naive. The watchdogs (LASTMA, KAI, VIOs and NUMEROUS TASK Forces)on Lagos roads are really unleashing hell on motorists in the state and need to be checked. There activities cannot be described in plain words and I am sure many here have encountered/tasted these terrible forces at one point or another. If you drive you must have a clash with them at one point or another.

They extort unbeleivable sums of money from motorist on a daily basis not considering that the new number plate/drivers license are being imposed on us all without considering the fact that we pay our taxes. Some even go with you to the ATM to collect agreed amounts. Its wonderful!

HE Governor Fashola might not be in the know but the truth will be revealed soon. I have lived in lagos for all my life and I intend to keep on keeping until the end. God pass them.

Lagosians are suffering O.............

May God help save us all from them. One episode will be a memorable event and will change your life forever.

EKO OONI BAJE O!!!!! LONG LIVE LAGOS! LONG LIVE NIGERIA!!

1 Like

Re: His Friend Was Jailed For Stopping At An Unauthorized Bus-stop In Lagos by MrAboki: 5:07pm On Sep 11, 2013
eagle,eye:

haba oga, settle 100k? The guy may not have even paid up for the loan he collected to purchase the keke-napep be4 it was restricted...

If he had obeyed the bible instructions according to the book of;

Matthew 5:25 NIV

"Settle matters quickly with your adversary who is taking you to court. Do it while you are still with him on the way, or he may hand you over to the judge, and the judge may hand you over to the officer, and you may be thrown into prison.

all this would not have happened.. Thats why the bible also said in the book of;

1 Samuel 15:22 (KJV)
“ And Samuel said, Hath the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.

Now.. what has it profited your friend to gain being in Prison & lose his Keke Napep

#Repent... These are the End Times
Re: His Friend Was Jailed For Stopping At An Unauthorized Bus-stop In Lagos by y2kplus: 6:05pm On Sep 11, 2013
It is people like JJ who make you get home late by causing unnecessary traffic hold ups. I am sure if he ever does kabu kabu again, he would think twice. Infact, kabu kabu is not a legit taxi service. The traffic law is there for a purpose. We all complain of hold ups. Go to the hot spots at Ojota, Ketu and Mile 12; you find that it is people like JJ in their kabu kabus, apoti fedeco buses and scrap vehicles that are the main causes.

What I will suggest is that he learns and teaches others. It is time we got some sanity on our roads. We will all like to travel from Lekki to Ikeja in 30 minutes!
Re: His Friend Was Jailed For Stopping At An Unauthorized Bus-stop In Lagos by naturalwaves: 7:10pm On Sep 11, 2013
pato station:

Point of information: the officials, a man and a lady demanded for N30,000 in their office and we begged and begged until there was no more saliva in our mouth. Out of frustration, I told my colleague that we should leave, and in fact as I was leaving, a lady (who I could not ascertain if she is a staff or client) called me and asked me to negotiate with them. Eventually, we parted with N5,000. n receipt was issued for the payment.

Why didn't you say it was 5,000 naira initially? You passed a wrong info that you parted with 30,000 naira. That's not good enough. Since a receipt was issued to you for the 5,000 naira, then it is official. What was the content on the receipt and how much was the initial outstanding fees your company owed?
Re: His Friend Was Jailed For Stopping At An Unauthorized Bus-stop In Lagos by erico2k2(m): 10:11pm On Sep 11, 2013
pato station: This my guy, I will call JJ was an Okada Rider in Lagos until recently when the Fashola Administration banned (or should I say restricted) the Okada business in most parts of the state. Mr. JJ who has many mouths to feed made a smart move (at least so he thought) by obtaining a loan from a Micro Finance Bank to buy a brand new Keke Marwa. With that, he felt that his future and the future of his transport business is guaranteed. But he was mistaken. Weeks after purchasing the Keke, the government again wielded the big stick by once again "restricting" the Keke use in the state. JJ was confused and did not know what to do.

Before long, he got a helping hand from well-wishers in his church to buy a Tokumbo Toyota Camry car for use as "kabu-kabu" He registered the car and got a new plate number and started business. Within one week, members of the Lagos state "Task Force" got him arrested for picking passengers along the road, in an unauthorized bus-stop. They slammed a penalty of N100,000 on him and when he could not pay up, they quickly arranged a Mobile Court and convicted him. before you could say Jack Robinson, they have shipped him to Badagry for imprisonment. All this happened on Friday, 6th of September, 2013.

Dear Nairalanders, what help is open to this guy before he rots in jail.
Its ignorance that made teh case escalate to that level, forst and formost, is it a criminal offence to stop at the bus stop or not? if so then I can understand but if not they have no right to put him in Jail, the mobile court has no jurisdiction to put him in Jail, was he sentenced? to howmany years? so these are questions you and your friends plus family should ask. its like saying your car had no custom papers so therefore you should go to jail.
Re: His Friend Was Jailed For Stopping At An Unauthorized Bus-stop In Lagos by patostation(m): 10:26pm On Sep 11, 2013
naturalwaves:

Why didn't you say it was 5,000 naira initially? You passed a wrong info that you parted with 30,000 naira. That's not good enough. Since a receipt was issued to you for the 5,000 naira, then it is official. What was the content on the receipt and how much was the initial outstanding fees your company owed?

I said no receipt was issued. And I did not tell you that we parted with N30,000. I said they asked for N30,000. How will I make you understand the difference?
Re: His Friend Was Jailed For Stopping At An Unauthorized Bus-stop In Lagos by patostation(m): 11:05pm On Sep 11, 2013
smokeyupu: This story and countless more are daily occurences on Lagos roads these days. I have stopped driving my car on week days cos of the constant harrassment faced by motorists on Lagos roads. The "TASK FORCES" are so many you dont know which which is which. E better make police catch you than make LASTMA guys hold you.

Some nairalanders here are talking about people discrediting Fashola's government as if you dont reside in Lagos. Perharps respondents like Jaidey are choppers in the government and are not ready to hear the truth by being naive. The watchdogs (LASTMA, KAI, VIOs and NUMEROUS TASK Forces)on Lagos roads are really unleashing hell on motorists in the state and need to be checked. There activities cannot be described in plain words and I am sure many here have encountered/tasted these terrible forces at one point or another. If you drive you must have a clash with them at one point or another.

They extort unbeleivable sums of money from motorist on a daily basis not considering that the new number plate/drivers license are being imposed on us all without considering the fact that we pay our taxes. Some even go with you to the ATM to collect agreed amounts. Its wonderful!

HE Governor Fashola might not be in the know but the truth will be revealed soon. I have lived in lagos for all my life and I intend to keep on keeping until the end. God pass them.

Lagosians are suffering O.............

May God help save us all from them. One episode will be a memorable event and will change your life forever.

EKO OONI BAJE O!!!!! LONG LIVE LAGOS! LONG LIVE NIGERIA!!

Thank God that we still have some truthful and reasonable people like you on Nairaland.

"JJ" came back this evening after 100k was paid. I got more info regarding the event as follows:
"Task Force" operatives tailed his car and blocked him in commando style. Two members jumped into the car and directed JJ him to a garage opposite Shoprite. There his car was locked.

"Task Force" took JJ to their gulag inside KAI premises, Alausa. The premises doubles as Mobile Court and detention facility. Mobile Court which is in a make-shift room is headed by a female "Judge" who some claim has links to Governor Fashola (not verified).

Court judgment took place by 6PM. Three counts where reeled out: obstruction (N30,000), Using the old Driver's Licence which is yet to expire and which they claim is fake (N20,000), Arguing with task force members (50,000). He didn't know who they were initially.

JJ was kept in the cell within KAI premises along with 7 others. 24 hours ultimatum was slammed for paying up the N100,000. But next morning by 8AM and before money could be arranged, a "Black Maria type of vehicle came and carried them to Badagry.

The Badagry detention facility (jail?) is still under construction and is located on the outskirts of Badagry, towards the border.

JJ is yet to collect his car. I hear he will part with some more money before he can get it.
Re: His Friend Was Jailed For Stopping At An Unauthorized Bus-stop In Lagos by bizzle2: 11:22pm On Sep 11, 2013
abeg abeg abeg abeg, leave ur better Nigeria story. na for poor man body una better Nigeria dey work. person wey steal maggi go get life imprisonment, but person wey still billions go get fine of paltry sum...do u wash a window frm bottom to top ? why don't u solve a problem frm where the problem really is, its like trying to get rid of a tree and instead of working on the root u busy urself with plucking off the leaves!! when the PRIMARY offenders, ppl who constitute the real nuisance in this country start to answer to the justice system, i'll support the bill for ppl who as much as litter the street including myself be made to do 1000 hrs community service., political office holders and uniformed (military and paramilitary) ppl are the GREATEST violators of traffic laws! frm driving against traffic to using sirens to running traffic lights, exceeding speed limits, driving recklessly, jst name it...the list is endless!!
abeg who ride okada pass for lagos right now? no be police and mopol?
who follow one way pass for lagos?
who speed pass for lagos?
mtscheeeeewww!!! who is fooling who sef.
the solution to our problem is simple and all-encompassing...WE NEED A REVOLUTION
Confusionist: Hey, confused OP:

1. Do u want a better Nigeria where justice will be dished to an offender without taking bribe?

2. Do u want a better judiciary system whereby offenders won't be delayed for more than 24hrs before being charged to court?

3. Did ur friend go against the traffic law?

If ur answers are 'yes', then let him go to jail and serve his time while u go to church and thank God that Nigeria is gettin better!

A better Nigeria starts with u. May I remind u that if it is ur fada, we will arrest him and jail him nicely!!!

Stop the negative propaganda!!!

1 Like

Re: His Friend Was Jailed For Stopping At An Unauthorized Bus-stop In Lagos by bizzle2: 11:40pm On Sep 11, 2013
slow down bro, I for a fact have had first hand experience. my old man's business premises was locked one early morning for non payment of waste disposal bill. funny thing is no bill was issued in the first place. they claim we didn't have to wait for the bill, that we should've known to pay at the right time. this happened in ikotun, where the council ppl are very notorious for all sorts of extortion I had to go to the office of the yeye lawma agents to pay. I learnt they came in company of sm council environmental task force team.funny thing is the rubbish charge was jst 2.5k or so flat rate, for 6 months (lockup store) I challenged their authority to lockup a prem, cnt evn remember wt rubbish they capped. they wrote a bill right there and after paying, they charged a non-receipted defaulters fine of N500. how crazy is that.
no bill, no fore-notice, no court order.
there are a lot of lockup stores in the area, sometimes as much as 8, on one premises and they charge each store separately which is probably why they don't have afore-printed bills as is the case with residential buildings.
(
Sam xiu lee: Oh lord have Mercy,I read through 3 pages and no one can come up with a sensible comment,from okada to keke napep,to kabukabu and op end it all with LAWMA....Hmmmmm
@ OP pls let me help you,
1,am from badagry and am not aware, of any prison in that axis.
2,police talk less of Lastma has no right to detain talkless of sending someone to prison for traffic offence in Lagos and any where in Nigeria,the best they can do is to impound your vehicle.
3.the highest offence in the traffic law is one way drive,which I was guity of my self, I paid the fine 50k,they gave me a bill at the back of the bill/ticket,all the offence where listed with their various fines,I was lucky they didn't send me to psychiatric hospital for a check up,so I don't think they will charge him 100k for illegal parking.
4,Lawma can not seal your office without a court order.
So please my friend stop lying on a faceless forum,if you have a problem with Fashola just come out straight.
At least give us the name of the firm and let's help you guys out if you are sincere.

1 Like

Re: His Friend Was Jailed For Stopping At An Unauthorized Bus-stop In Lagos by naturalwaves: 5:29am On Sep 12, 2013
pato station:

I said no receipt was issued. And I did not tell you that we parted with N30,000. I said they asked for N30,000. How will I make you understand the difference?
Yes , you didn't say you parted with 30,000 naira but you clearly insinuated it wih yor posts. Let us learn to be straight when making reports. BTW, how much was the outstanding your Company owed? They might be right for locking up your Office afterall or why would you even part with 5,000 naira after begging if the amount you owed was negligible (I doubt it was).
Re: His Friend Was Jailed For Stopping At An Unauthorized Bus-stop In Lagos by Exponental(m): 5:44am On Sep 12, 2013
I fault fashola's administration for using tauts as law enforcement agents.

1 Like

Re: His Friend Was Jailed For Stopping At An Unauthorized Bus-stop In Lagos by longevity1(m): 7:17am On Sep 12, 2013
Yungwizzzy: since he can't obey simple traffic rules let him go to jail na

Bros na wa for u o.its like u obey all laws in Nigeria for u to be talkig this way.even God forgives the guilty,that is why u and I are alive today

1 Like

Re: His Friend Was Jailed For Stopping At An Unauthorized Bus-stop In Lagos by patostation(m): 10:21am On Sep 12, 2013
naturalwaves:
Yes , you didn't say you parted with 30,000 naira but you clearly insinuated it wih yor posts. Let us learn to be straight when making reports. BTW, how much was the outstanding your Company owed? They might be right for locking up your Office afterall or why would you even part with 5,000 naira after begging if the amount you owed was negligible (I doubt it was).

It seems you are one of those touts. Don't worry, we will continue to expose you guys from now on. Thank God there is all kinds of recording devices everywhere now. Next time I will upload your face and activity on the blogosphere. It is then you will believe the story.

For my dear reasonable Nairalanders, we need to realize that a battle exists between the forces of evil and the good. Let us find new ways of exposing these guys who will not allow us to enjoy our fatherland. Remember, we need to pursue the baboon in our neighbor's farm, or else when it finishes with his farm, it will enter our own farm and devastate our crops.
Re: His Friend Was Jailed For Stopping At An Unauthorized Bus-stop In Lagos by naturalwaves: 1:07pm On Sep 12, 2013
@OP, you called me a tout cos I exposed your fo0lishness and your one sided report devoid of any solid evidence and filled with gilberish. Listen kid, no one is saying LAWMA didn't visit your office and locked it up but try and be objective in your reports okay?

pato station: It was after we paid the only outstanding bill and went to their office at 9 Awolowo Way to get them to open the gate that we realized the reason for their hurry to lock it

How much was the outstanding fees? cos I see you have been avoiding this question like a plague. State the amount you owed and let us assess it if it is not outrageous. Based on your records as a bloody liar, I won't accept just words. Scan the receipt here showing what you paid with the dates( you may cover your coy name if you like). When you are coming to a public forum to make a complaint, you should know that you should come with relevant details and not just spew nonesense.

pato station: They demanded N30,000 un-official amount "for Task Force" before they could open the gate.

Why didn't you complete your report that you didn't pay 30,000 naira? Between 5,000 naira and 30,000 naira, which is more relevant to this post? You failed to state the amount you paid to get your office opened but was so quick to state the amount they first asked of. Isn't that funny? I put it to you again my friend that you are a bloody liar

Moreover, isn't it biased not to state the amount you owed but was so quick to state the amount they asked for(not even what you paid).

Be a responsible citizen and pay your dues as and when appropriate rather than subjecting yourself to unnecessary embarrasments. If there is one word I detest, it is "sorry" or "I am sorry sir" for something I should have done.

N:B....Don't quote me if you cannot answer the questions raised with evidence. Otherwise, you are a fo0l.
Re: His Friend Was Jailed For Stopping At An Unauthorized Bus-stop In Lagos by bizzle2: 3:00pm On Sep 13, 2013
don't u think ure being a lil too vindictive, take it easy bro
naturalwaves: @OP, you called me a tout cos I exposed your fo0lishness and your one sided report devoid of any solid evidence and filled with gilberish. Listen kid, no one is saying LAWMA didn't visit your office and locked it up but try and be objective in your reports okay?

How much was the outstanding fees? cos I see you have been avoiding this question like a plague. State the amount you owed and let us assess it if it is not outrageous. Based on your records as a bloody liar, I won't accept just words. Scan the receipt here showing what you paid with the dates( you may cover your coy name if you like). When you are coming to a public forum to make a complaint, you should know that you should come with relevant details and not just spew nonesense.

Why didn't you complete your report that you didn't pay 30,000 naira? Between 5,000 naira and 30,000 naira, which is more relevant to this post? You failed to state the amount you paid to get your office opened but was so quick to state the amount they first asked of. Isn't that funny? I put it to you again my friend that you are a bloody liar

Moreover, isn't it biased not to state the amount you owed but was so quick to state the amount they asked for(not even what you paid).

Be a responsible citizen and pay your dues as and when appropriate rather than subjecting yourself to unnecessary embarrasments. If there is one word I detest, it is "sorry" or "I am sorry sir" for something I should have done.

N:B....Don't quote me if you cannot answer the questions raised with evidence. Otherwise, you are a fo0l.
Re: His Friend Was Jailed For Stopping At An Unauthorized Bus-stop In Lagos by naturalwaves: 1:58pm On Sep 22, 2013
bizzle*:
don't u think ure being a lil too vindictive, take it easy bro
Okay bro, just that I dislike lies and liars and the OP is one. I am not saying the Law enforcement agents aren't corrupt, they may be but it is clear that the Op lied ,inflamed things and didn't pay his dues and bills like a law abiding citizen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Car Is Stalling And Jerking When On Motion. / My Kazeem Said They Have Replaced Power Steering Oil With Engine Oil / Innoson: 5 Modern Accessories In The IVM G80

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.