Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,693 members, 7,809,618 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:02 PM

LASTMA Fighting Passengers And Driver At Obanikoro Bus-stop - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / LASTMA Fighting Passengers And Driver At Obanikoro Bus-stop (16416 Views)

An Accident Involving A Drunk Driver At Ado Rd., Lagos (picture) / KAI & LASTMA Officials Drive Branded Cars (pics) / New Plate Number And Driver's License (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

LASTMA Fighting Passengers And Driver At Obanikoro Bus-stop by sentix(m): 1:55pm On Sep 29, 2012
This happened yesterday and I sent a message to the provost of LASTMA but has refused to do anything about it

A gang of lastma officers are currently fighting passengers at obanikoro bus stop in front of [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]zenith bank collecting the key from the driver and driving the bus dangerously almost causing an accident.

They were lead by one olawaye g who wears a coat of arm as rank insignia.

Their vehicle with reg no ep 285 app is marked mile 12 to cms monitoring task force. Lastma officers should take note of this lawlessness. A guy who warned the lastma not to drive the bus was promptly arrested and driven away.

Pls forward

The Lastma officer driving the vehicle

Re: LASTMA Fighting Passengers And Driver At Obanikoro Bus-stop by sentix(m): 1:56pm On Sep 29, 2012
please moderator place on front page
Re: LASTMA Fighting Passengers And Driver At Obanikoro Bus-stop by Maxymilliano(m): 2:35pm On Sep 29, 2012
Law enforcers as law brakers... Typical example of animals in craze man skin.
Re: LASTMA Fighting Passengers And Driver At Obanikoro Bus-stop by Excelboi(m): 2:42pm On Sep 29, 2012
There aree enough evidence to prosecute those LASTMA officers plying that route. What their problem for God sake? Even custom and Road safety own no reach like this...
Re: LASTMA Fighting Passengers And Driver At Obanikoro Bus-stop by Nobody: 2:44pm On Sep 29, 2012
Op, were u inside the bus too?

1 Like

Re: LASTMA Fighting Passengers And Driver At Obanikoro Bus-stop by doctokwus: 2:45pm On Sep 29, 2012
Criminals.This new traffic law wt d indiscriminate way dis LASTMA pple interpret it,usually to suit dem with no independent verification will lead to a catastrophy or mass riot one day.How can u be accuser,judge& jury in ur own case;agberos in uniform with a serial forger& grand tout as tax collector!

1 Like

Re: LASTMA Fighting Passengers And Driver At Obanikoro Bus-stop by GARRIx7(m): 3:00pm On Sep 29, 2012
Pls give us a more comprehensive story. What led to the "fight"?? The picture you posted doesn't look like a fight. While I'm not trying to defend LASTMA, I expect the OP to state clearly what ACTUALLY transpired...

God Bless Seun!
God Bless Nairaland!!
God Bless Nigeria!!!

7 Likes

Re: LASTMA Fighting Passengers And Driver At Obanikoro Bus-stop by aryzgreat: 3:01pm On Sep 29, 2012
i av said it b4, if lastma touts stops u, lock up ur doors and if they stand on ur way crush them!, they are all ACN paid touts! mudafuckers

2 Likes

Re: LASTMA Fighting Passengers And Driver At Obanikoro Bus-stop by drlaykay(m): 3:02pm On Sep 29, 2012
I think the major reason dis tread was opened is to create awareness of this particular issue to the public then know what individual judgment would be.it wil be very stupid of anyone to start condemning the LASTMA or the opposition with the none detailed post by the original poster.
@ OP:pls next time give a detailed paragraph of the incident.
Re: LASTMA Fighting Passengers And Driver At Obanikoro Bus-stop by BabaAlaji(m): 3:02pm On Sep 29, 2012
Fashola= Pre c dent
Okorocha= VP
Re: LASTMA Fighting Passengers And Driver At Obanikoro Bus-stop by hardbody: 3:03pm On Sep 29, 2012
sentix: This happened yesterday and I sent a message to the provost of LASTMA but has refused to do anything about it

A gang of lastma officers are currently fighting passengers at obanikoro bus stop in front of [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]zenith bank collecting the key from the driver and driving the bus dangerously almost causing an accident.

They were lead by one olawaye g who wears a coat of arm as rank insignia.

Their vehicle with reg no ep 285 app is marked mile 12 to cms monitoring task force. Lastma officers should take note of this lawlessness. A guy who warned the lastma not to drive the bus was promptly arrested and driven away.

Pls forward

This is why I always celebrate when the soldiers start beating those thugs. Stewpid rogues who have been empowered by the state to steal, extort and destroy.what right do they have to arrest a bystander who has only directed them not to take the law into their hands? May they all die some shameful death. Eediots.

The Lastma officer driving the vehicle
Re: LASTMA Fighting Passengers And Driver At Obanikoro Bus-stop by Ekans: 3:09pm On Sep 29, 2012
[quote author=hardbody][/quote]Ol boy! If i be latsma official,after reading your post,i go just resign.
Re: LASTMA Fighting Passengers And Driver At Obanikoro Bus-stop by Hadeyeancah(m): 3:24pm On Sep 29, 2012
LASTMA means LET SABOTAGE TRAFFIC Of MANHOOD ACTIVITIES...They are bunch of idiot
Re: LASTMA Fighting Passengers And Driver At Obanikoro Bus-stop by GARRIx7(m): 3:28pm On Sep 29, 2012
@OP, What was the driver's offence? Don't tell me the driver did not do anything. Even though LASTMA guys can act funny @ times, we must ßξ objective ‎​Άnd strive to get sufficient details before jumping into conclusions...

1 Like

Re: LASTMA Fighting Passengers And Driver At Obanikoro Bus-stop by dabrake(m): 3:34pm On Sep 29, 2012
No be THIEF-NUBU's dna?

1 Like

Re: LASTMA Fighting Passengers And Driver At Obanikoro Bus-stop by dabossman(m): 3:55pm On Sep 29, 2012
What the driver did just might be obvious. There is no busstop in front of Zenith at Obanikoro. He must have stopped to pick passengers. If you notice from the pix, the LASTMA pickup is on the other side of the service lane where the driver was accosted.

However, this does not warrant any physical attack by the LASTMA officials. But then I can also bet that the driver tried to resist being arrested. With the Police, resisting arrest can be combatted using reasonable force. I don't know about LASTMA sha.
Re: LASTMA Fighting Passengers And Driver At Obanikoro Bus-stop by Nobody: 3:58pm On Sep 29, 2012
Did the driver actually break the law?
Re: LASTMA Fighting Passengers And Driver At Obanikoro Bus-stop by sentix(m): 4:23pm On Sep 29, 2012
The bus stopped at the bus stop at obanikoro and they told the driver to get down and give them the keys! We inquired what happened and were told when we get tired we will get down from the bus. Only for the lastma officer to start the bus and moved while people were coming down creating a scene. One man then snapped a picture of the lastma officer while driving. This got them really angry and threatened to deal with the man. This led to a serious argument between the passengers and lastma officers. Their leader one Olawaye G. just crossed the road and went back to their vehicle refusing to do anything about it.

I took the picture before the argument started. When one man told them u have been told never to drive any arrested vehicle.
Re: LASTMA Fighting Passengers And Driver At Obanikoro Bus-stop by Nobody: 4:30pm On Sep 29, 2012
sentix: The bus stopped at the bus stop at obanikoro and they told the driver to get down and give them the keys! We inquired what happened and were told when we get tired we will get down from the bus. Only for the lastma officer to start the bus and moved while people were coming down creating a scene. One man then snapped a picture of the lastma officer while driving. This got them really angry and threatened to deal with the man. This led to a serious argument between the passengers and lastma officers. Their leader one Olawaye G. just crossed the road and went back to their vehicle refusing to do anything about it.

I took the picture before the argument started. When one man told them u have been told never to drive any arrested vehicle.
probably the driver may have caused an obstruction where he parked or they just needed money.
Re: LASTMA Fighting Passengers And Driver At Obanikoro Bus-stop by kenmaro: 4:35pm On Sep 29, 2012
I have thought about the idea of a lastma officer arresting a traffic offender and then the next the lastma officer does is jump into the drivers sit of the arrested vehicle and start driving without knowing if the car is in good condition or not getting use to the driving patterns of the car. These could be hazardous to other road users as there is a possibility of brake failure or an accident as a result of poor handling of the car by the lastma officer. Lagos state govt should look into this practise by some lastma officials so to control the rate of accidents caused by lastma officials always. Imagine the lastma man driving a danfo bus without knowing the braking distance being managed by the danfo driver. May God save us from the hands of some agbero-lastma officers that are in the LASTMA.
Re: LASTMA Fighting Passengers And Driver At Obanikoro Bus-stop by Hardfact: 5:08pm On Sep 29, 2012
Irrespective of what Fashola and his propagandists may want people to think, the fact is there is far more to free traffic in Lagos than DRACONIAN LAWS. The weakest link in Lagos traffic mgt efforts is the LASTMA and the formely-popular- now-unpopular govt.
Rather than send drivers for mental tests, Fashola should be giving quality doses of psychiatric medications to his LASTMA men as their lawlessness- madness is getting out of hand!

3 Likes

Re: LASTMA Fighting Passengers And Driver At Obanikoro Bus-stop by ignis: 5:15pm On Sep 29, 2012
aryzgreat: i av said it b4, if lastma touts stops u, lock up ur doors and if they stand on ur way crush them!, they are all ACN paid touts! mudafuckers
Bros u dey vex oh.
Re: LASTMA Fighting Passengers And Driver At Obanikoro Bus-stop by unclenna(m): 5:28pm On Sep 29, 2012
Maxymilliano: Law enforcers as law brakers... Typical example of animals in craze man skin.
you lagosians voted fa fa fa fashola..enjoy his fresh air
Re: LASTMA Fighting Passengers And Driver At Obanikoro Bus-stop by a1solution: 5:39pm On Sep 29, 2012
THIS LAST MAN ABI LAST MEN PEOPLE SELF, WHERE ARE THEY HEADING FOR?
Re: LASTMA Fighting Passengers And Driver At Obanikoro Bus-stop by GARRIx7(m): 5:54pm On Sep 29, 2012
sentix: [b]The bus stopped at the bus stop at obanikoro and they told the driver to get down [/b]and give them the keys! We inquired what happened and were told when we get tired we will get down from the bus. Only for the lastma officer to start the bus and moved while people were coming down creating a scene. One man then snapped a picture of the lastma officer while driving. This got them really angry and threatened to deal with the man. This led to a serious argument between the passengers and lastma officers. Their leader one Olawaye G. just crossed the road and went back to their vehicle refusing to do anything about it.

Did he park where he wasn't supposed to??
OP, please quit being a cry-baby and tell us in plain english the driver's offence.
If as a driver you at least respect urself a little by obeying simple traffic rule, you'd be able to keep LASTMA away (at least to an extent)
Re: LASTMA Fighting Passengers And Driver At Obanikoro Bus-stop by GARRIx7(m): 6:00pm On Sep 29, 2012
Some fools break traffic laws and come to nairaland to cry and solicit for undeserved sympathy.... cool cool cool cool
At this point, I can conclude that the driver contravened a traffic law and was arrested by LASTMA. The OP is trying to seek sympathy for a driver who has no regard for traffic laws.
@OP, next time you are in a vehicle, encourage your driver to obey simple traffic laws.

1 Like

Re: LASTMA Fighting Passengers And Driver At Obanikoro Bus-stop by xandy84: 6:16pm On Sep 29, 2012
sometimes i wonder how some people reason. Even if the driver breaks traffic law then the LASTMA guy should be judge in his own court?.. there are due process and not using force which is becoming the trade mark of LASTMA officials ...

GARRI (x7):
Some fools break traffic laws and come to nairaland to cry and solicit for undeserved sympathy.... cool cool cool cool
At this point, I can conclude that the driver contravened a traffic law and was arrested by LASTMA. The OP is trying to seek sympathy for a driver who has no regard for traffic laws.
@OP, next time you are in a vehicle, encourage your driver to obey simple traffic laws.

2 Likes

Re: LASTMA Fighting Passengers And Driver At Obanikoro Bus-stop by chucky234(m): 6:29pm On Sep 29, 2012
What do you expect when you have agberos in power,lawlessness of course.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Could Be Wrong With My Power Steering? / Is It Possible For A Car To Be Charmed? / What's Inside Channel Cuts Open Mercedes S-class Seat To Reveal How It Looks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.