Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,989 members, 7,814,375 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

Nairaland Emceez: My Perspective - Rap Battles - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rap Battles / Nairaland Emceez: My Perspective (2030 Views)

My Creative Rap Verse About My Nigerian Perspective. / Nairaland Future Summit : Emceez Only! / Nairaland Emceez : 2007 Rap Up (introspective) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Emceez: My Perspective by Rapsody(m): 8:04pm On Jun 17, 2008
This is just my perspective on the Nl rap scene and my way of acknowledging those I feel have added value to the rap threads in their own way. Just my thots….wrong or right….just my thots.

Wordsmith

Most definitely an emcee with a proven track record. Arguably Nairaland’s illest battle cat. Tho he lost a title to Malthuss, he madea comeback in ‘Star Wars’ to become NL’s undisputed champion. However, his frequent absence from the rap threads has greatly undermined his influence and worn away his dominance, placing himin danger of banishment to the annals of history. If I had to vote an emcee most likely to succeed in the real world, I’d put my money on the ‘Smith. He has my respect.

Shaz
She staged the greatest comeback in Nairaland history, from getting banned as Sharn06 to becoming moderator as Shaz, and then clinching the title of ‘HRH’ in the just concluded rap tourney, Shaz has come a long way. Tho not yet an accomplished emcee, Shaz has shown amazing improvement in her game and earned her rightful place as a female netcee in a male-dominated virtual world. Her passion 4 hiphop and love 4 the rap threads is undeniable. She’s got my respect.

Menike
I’d rather call em ‘Mr Consisitent’. Menike is a pioneer and seasoned vet who has continued to hold his own on the rap threads. Tho I got personal reservations with respect to his choice of subject matter and preferences, I acknowledge his skill as an emcee. Inspite of his outspokenness and ‘Im-d-boss-around-here’ demeanour, he has my respect.

Malthuss
One of Nl’s top 5 emcees and one-time Rap battle Champion, Malthuss is an emcee-per-excellence. Tho not very active on the rap threads as before, Malthuss still brings the heat each time he spits. Once forgotten, Malthuss has the ability to remind his opponents that he’s still got the sting. Definitely, an emcee to reckon with. He has my respect.

Hybrid-x
Once described as ‘The big dude with a lil boss swag’ ,, the ‘X is a legend on Nl. With 3 successfully concluded tourneys under his belt, the ‘X still holds it down as an emcee inspite of his confessed reluctance to start a real rap career. Since his debut on Nl with ‘Who wonna battle Hybrid-X?’, he has kept kicking up dust ever since.’X always makes thangs happen! He has my luv.

Chiogo
Now, that’s one broad with a lotta attitude! She’s got so much potential as a female netcee, I wonder why she aint married to the rap game yet? I respect her talent and wish she took it more seriously. Like jigga said on ‘Song Cry’ “I luv ur point of view, coz u held no punches”. She has my heart.

Bolajibaok
Undisputedly. The most hated emcee on Nl. Bolaji’s disrespectful disposition and lack of skill quickly earned him the status of ‘Black Sheep’ on the rap threads. however, mention must be made of his spunk and courage in battling superior opponents inspite of the crushing defeat he knew he was bound to suffer in the process. Too bad, he never survived the Sharon Vs Bolaji mud-slinging contest. He has my respect, anyway.

Mailmalc
Fisrt artiste to get signed on to ‘Gospel rap Thread records”. Malc took a quantum leap in upgrading his game since his debut in ‘Star Wars’. Tho not yet an accomplished emcee, malc is the most promising newcomer on the rap threads since Lebron James. He has my props.

Alexpissu
Another emcee who cut his first teeth in ‘Star Wars’. He’s also made mad improvement in his game since he checked in. he’s currently making moves to consolidate his rep as a heavy-calibre emcee. I hope he survives the onslaught. He has my best wishes.

Flowshow
A child of necessity borne out of Bj’s need to increase his chances of success at the ‘Star Wars’ tourney. However he’s gained some clout and a measure of acceptance since the demise of his alter-ego,Bj. He’s still got a lotta improvements to make but ‘Flow shows a lotta promise. Ive got ma eyes on him.

Zephyrr & Maverik
Both judges made mad impact on the rap threads while they were around. Tho not a battle cat myself, I found their judgments quite fair and balanced. Wish they had stayed around much longer to add more value to the threads than just analyzing battles, but well, that’s the way the cookie crumbles. They have my respect.

Re: Nairaland Emceez: My Perspective by makavele: 8:22pm On Jun 17, 2008
[center]Great!

More rapheadz to come![/center]
Re: Nairaland Emceez: My Perspective by chasisgirl(f): 1:21pm On Jun 18, 2008
wow raposdy, i luv u for the first time , i will talk about my perspective too.
Re: Nairaland Emceez: My Perspective by HYBRIDX(m): 4:32pm On Jun 18, 2008
hmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!! nice one thurr bro
Re: Nairaland Emceez: My Perspective by javaprince(m): 5:05pm On Jun 18, 2008
am the new guy on d block,
just want to say I appreciat all ur hard works,
it puts a smile to see Nigers draw up Lines,
U all gonna influence rap with so much difference,
a shout out to u all, keep d clock tickin

no static moment, always on d move
drove d whole lines with no brakes,
horn if u wanna get ur line torn
am d new prince hand me d crown
then u just me get a leg b4 u get thrown
clown u'll see U down alone on ur own
Re: Nairaland Emceez: My Perspective by javaprince(m): 5:06pm On Jun 18, 2008
then u just might* get a leg before u get thrown
Re: Nairaland Emceez: My Perspective by chiogo(f): 7:26pm On Jun 18, 2008
Aww. . . .isn't that so sweet? Nice one, Rapsody.

Oh, soo sorry 4 not replying, I got ur mail. Song was hot. smiley
Re: Nairaland Emceez: My Perspective by menike(m): 6:51am On Jun 19, 2008
thnx 4 ya comment dawg. luv n' respect that cool
Re: Nairaland Emceez: My Perspective by trex007(m): 2:47pm On Jun 19, 2008
Re: Nairaland Emceez: My Perspective by chasisgirl(f): 4:41pm On Jun 19, 2008
chasisgirl's perspective

1.wordsmith
this nigga looks like someone who would succeed if he takes rap serious, i understand he is still in university, an mc of his calibre should have demo cds out by now. he may not be as good on the mic as he looks on pc. with the kind of lines he spits on nl, he should consider throwing away his school result and look for mode9 or saucekid to sch him properly. . i would like to see someone like this in the channel o sprite emcee africa rap battle 2 coming up nxt yr. has my respect all day but seems to be fading away in the last 4 months. undoubtedly ranks among the top 3

2. mailmalc
this boy has made a lotta improvement in like 5 months. sch got him all tied up.after sch he could make it big in rap stardom. understand he is in sch in benin. this is a raw talent if brushed up may be the next king of the nigerian rap game. with the level of wordsplay creativity he exhibits .rap may afterall be a butter for his bread. he ranks among the next generation of rapstars expected tpo take over when mode9 and ruggedman leaves the mic. . had my respect in the past but nowadays he also seems to be fading away. ranks in the top 3

3. bolajibroke
ummhhh. bjbroke .nairaland has been on the decline since this nigga left nl . his presence alone attracts about 100 mcs at a time.
this nigga exhibits the basic agressiveness exhibited by ruggedman ,2pac and biggie, he is the most notorious and the most popular troublewise . hated by many, loved by a few , he worked very hard to achieve the status he is today. i didnt beleive he was real in the game tho until  i listened to his tracks on his myspace page . he has definitely elevated in less than one yr of battling the dopest mcs. he looks like a very promising rap star who would sound very tight on dope beats. he shows a lotta creativity in writing lines, he is extremly good metaphorically, he may be  a good ghost writer ,and may be good on collabos because of his bragging right attitude. he hasnt been online since he got into a celebrity deathmatch quarrel with his one time most favourite girl.   . he has my respect for his distinct nature, one man army nature, consistent hardwork, unbelievable creativity and his entertaining attitude. he rocks nl like crazy. ranks among the top 5 nl mcs of all time

4. hybrid
his banker status should ordinarily get hom a studio where he could produce big stars. he doesnt look to me like someone who could think outside the box to use where is he to achieve what he wants,.his ability to organise tourneys made him one of the most respected. his biased nature on some issues also made him to be disrespected by a few. regardless he still holds the game . ranks in the top 20.

5. shaz
this girl is an epitomy of promising talent. from the beef me to battle anyone lifestyle threads. she rose from the celebrity deathmatch duel she had with her most beloved boy bolajibroke , to being the m.o.d ,  her immatured ego sometimes makes her use her power to spite others. i havent listened to any of her commercial stuffs but she looks like someone who would make it big in future. her immatured nature often gets her in trouble with her most beloved hommies. her creativity is 2nd only to bolajibroke .regardless she has my respect for being one of the most creative, most loved, most friendly and most promising nl female mc . i would really love to see her on tv screens in the nearest future doing it big with the tighest females on planet earth. regardless of the fact that i fight her sometimes i still respect her guts. she ranks among the top 10

6. menike
this guy brags a lot about being a murda inc boy.he lets his immaturity make him to sometimes throw tantrums at all and sundry , after battling alexpissu he showed himself to be a sore loser,also  since he chickened out of a battle with bjbroke, his status has been on the decline so much that new sch mcs like dathreat, makavele, africankings and co began to beleive they would floor him anyday , but his freestyle thread shows he lives the glossy life and can rap well trying to copy the american rap style. he doesnt look like someone who would succeed with naija hiphop, but the crunk style of rap may be his thing . he taunts himself as a fake gangsta regardless, he is fairly respected by one girl. ranks in the top 30

7. alexpissu
alex made fair improvements over time, he needs to do more in being creative,,,,he hasnt really been seen as an mc who is above average. he needs to work a lot and do more learning if he needs to be reckoned with. his status isnt really as loud , but he holds his own game anyday. ranks among the top 20

8. tianshe
he been in feuds with a  few such as alex, flowshow, he sometimes ignore challenges which gave his buddies the power to think he was scared to battle, throwing in shots whenever he can he profile has been on the decline since the days he was named as one of the illest. ranks in the top 15

9. mallthuis
exceptional mc, he really impressed with the battle with and shaz and  flowshow, the line ''even if u bounce on tampouline u still would fall short of my game ''was the dopest since the days of star wars. no too much story to talk about, he looks to be very busy with his work(career) and salary . he has my respect and ranks in the top 3 of all time.

10. po-deep
impressive mc , undoubtedly dope and respected . his mugun attitude exhibited when he fell victim to bj's pranks almost derepped his image seriously in the early part of the yr. can't stop laughing at the level of stupidity he showed because he wanted to see bj's hummer 3 jeep  . standing in the hot burning and scorching lagos sun waiting for someone who prolly wasnt in nigeria was the greatest candid camera folly anyone could fall to. didnt beleieve we still had nigerians this dumb in 2008 .he has been absent for months now
only God knows if he could make it big, has my respect all day for keeping it real tho , ranks in the top 10.

11. rapsody
i listened to his lp and he doesnt exhibit as much skill as his pen writes . you wonder what happened to the dopest gospel artist in nl. he needs to elevate and step us his rhyme and skill. since he is going commercial now, competition in the real world is stiffer and only the above average mcs will survive, he is advised to spit in real life the smae way he writes on paper and try to be himself, he has a lotta promises tho. respect no doubt . ranks in the top 8

12 flowshow
this chap shows skills way beyond human comprehension, has got a split personality issue mixed with bjbroke . most cats thinks he raps like bjbroke but i think he is sicker and much more true to the game . has a prmosing future of being one of the illest underground emcees in future but only time will tell how the clock ticks, has my respect also because of his punchlines . metaphors and his 'flowshowingly' sick rhymes, ranks in the top 5 .

13. chiogo
this young lady seems to be young at heart and immatured, she appears to be a very well gifted naija girl, she sure would have a very sweet voice from her looks and an attitude that will be good for naija r n b, if u ask her right now, she would tell u she doesnt wanna be a star. maybe when she grows up to a matured age she would understand life better. she has my respect anyway for being so cheeky and glossy with her rap style. the last i heard of her was when she was being wooed by mailmalc and menike on the maybach car she wanted. she ranks among the top 20

14. i-shine, spottie. jessica, eldoublo, oldsync, ravenzord, makavele, nextbeats, edosioo
all this mcs need to elevate, stardom is not just being present , but attending to make an impact. respect to all this guys anyway. they all rank in top 20 to 30

15.  chiogo, dathreat, worldbest, young digi, passworded,teckzilla, javaprince, crude, simmy, dblock, jduck, opemojagi, coolbagapg, joefy, trooe, don ,markolini, naijamade, knife, trex004, ntd4masses, eldee,  others
they all rank in the top 30 to 40
Re: Nairaland Emceez: My Perspective by javaprince(m): 5:11pm On Jun 19, 2008
@chasisgirl
Where do u rank?
Re: Nairaland Emceez: My Perspective by Shaz(f): 6:57pm On Jun 19, 2008
Hey Rhaps, tx for the mention smiley smiley

Chas'l, you're noticed, ok? U HAVE BEEN NOTICED! seems everyone is ''immatured'' to ya. G'luck cool
Re: Nairaland Emceez: My Perspective by Rapsody(m): 10:39am On Jun 20, 2008
@Chasisgurl
Thanx 4 bn candid and upfront in ur contributn even tho i think u drew blood in the process. Bt u kno what they say 'opinions are like butt-holes, everybody's got one'!

Erm, about my going commercial,funny, a friend also said d same thang! shocked

i dunno. I fink im just evolving. Ive got hard-core lyrics bt my style of delivery,nw dats sumpn else. Like i said, im still evolving and i cant let yall put me in a box. Im still learnin tho. undecided
Re: Nairaland Emceez: My Perspective by chasisgirl(f): 2:30pm On Jun 20, 2008
@rapsody
i hear you rhapz.

@shaz
take my words like a sista .

@javaprickk
are u new around here ?
Re: Nairaland Emceez: My Perspective by javaprince(m): 3:31pm On Jun 20, 2008
@chasisgirl

am the new prcik in here, u don't want to Bleep with,
honey asking please I want to be nurtured,
even if diss is ur period, u'll still gat no menstraul flow,
this is not a diss, is just a welcome BLOW.

Yeah am new in here, Want to know where u Ranl
Re: Nairaland Emceez: My Perspective by Crude(m): 5:53pm On Jun 20, 2008
@Chasisgirl
Hey! Name callin? U know he wont like u baptizing him wit strange names when his real name is Javapussy.

@Javapussy
The reason why u're still runnin ur mouth Java is just b'cos, ur mouth aint been shot whooped yet. Now u're passin ur weak dick on to the girls, u know they'll rather Knock it than suck it

U need som1 to school u on how to talk to Ladies, especially when u're on Nairaland. Ladies arround here are deadliest than the deadliest in ur mutherfukin Hovel. nikkur

@Everybody
I'm sorry Y'all, i dont mean to mess up this thread. . . . . . . . . .
Re: Nairaland Emceez: My Perspective by javaprince(m): 7:50am On Jun 21, 2008
@crude
Check around nairaland u see ur blood around everywhere.
or do u what me to put it where everyone can see, guess not
Re: Nairaland Emceez: My Perspective by javaprince(m): 7:57am On Jun 21, 2008
@crude
If u had noticed, u'll know chasisgirl named(ranked) me b4 u. Also, am a gentleman, the only time am rough wit ladies is when am dropping lines, just to put them on line, and don't be confused I was tryin to rhyme, cos if I did then I'll be spittin lines, then u'll know this one of mines, but i won't blow u up this time.
Re: Nairaland Emceez: My Perspective by makavele: 2:16pm On Jun 21, 2008
@coolboyapg

as you can see, i've got more stars than ya

Bleep you
Re: Nairaland Emceez: My Perspective by dblock(m): 11:43am On Jun 22, 2008
Arnt Hybrid X and Wordsmith the same person.

I memba that, cos of when I was battlin Wordsmith (Gbade X) a while back
Re: Nairaland Emceez: My Perspective by Rapsody(m): 3:28pm On Jun 23, 2008
@dblock

Nah,playa! Gbade-X was banned by Seun so he (Gbade) changed his Id to Wordsmith. Hybrid-X on the other hand is an entirely different persona. Do ya research,bwoi! Tanx 4 stoppin by,tho. Peace. wink
Re: Nairaland Emceez: My Perspective by chasisgirl(f): 5:29pm On Jun 23, 2008
dblock:

Arnt Hybrid X and Wordsmith the same person.

I memba that, because of when I was battlin Wordsmith (Gbade X) a while back

lol
Re: Nairaland Emceez: My Perspective by HYBRIDX(m): 6:25pm On Jun 23, 2008
hmmmmmmmmmm!!!! lipsrsealed
Re: Nairaland Emceez: My Perspective by tianshie(m): 6:35pm On Jun 23, 2008
So tha King's top 15? lol
Re: Nairaland Emceez: My Perspective by OldSYNC(m): 10:07am On Jun 24, 2008
Hmmmmm maybe y'all right but check the lines again!
Re: Nairaland Emceez: My Perspective by bjpumpin(f): 10:43am On Jun 24, 2008
@oldsync
which lines?
Re: Nairaland Emceez: My Perspective by Crude(m): 11:24am On Jun 24, 2008
@oldsync
which lines?
[color=#990000][/color]
Hey! Hold it there OldSync I got this
Oh!!!! I'm i seeing a ghost I thut u were sent to d bottomless chasm
Well i'll answer ur question, it's d lines accross ur thrashed back
Re: Nairaland Emceez: My Perspective by OldSYNC(m): 11:26am On Jun 24, 2008
bjpumpin:

@oldsync
which lines?

Here is one of my battle rap shits, I killed with my lines, read man.
Now Sync blows,

World wide test, for a self acclaimed worldbest, i know you just commited incest/
And the gay was actually a 3 year old small pest, I'm a living witness, I beat my chest/
You lyrics pamphlet could fill a drawer, but since you never know they' re wack, you they infest/
Shine like the dullest mallam watch, exactly a bulb-less torch, unlike peter tosh/
You will always be know in your street, and little thanks to seun that give this nl's lift/
You was a bitch, hanging the w3 assholes dormitry, just fur rhymes away from the cemetary/
I'm guaranteed to say this, because i am running the most aknowledged rap commentary/
You want a wish, and you fool-head was heading to the sea with no tool to fish/
Only came back to my door, waiting for a pitiful dish, i gave you in my bitch's (dog) dish/
In my life I have not been this bullish, but after Germany killed SArabia 8 times, who says ishhhh (silence)/
I still remain, my lyrical spillage and you wont believe it, i am not only african, am an adage/
I spit but you will never get the meanings, till you attain your meaningless old age/
Kill me one time, if you guns 're no toys, you wretched lyricist want to reserve some from me in tin foils/
This fourteenth, would have given you the grace, but i better dash disgrace/
Cos if you are getting over defeats, you may be advised to look for an underdog to face/
I am another dog with craze, I don't have limits, All i do is raze, like I'm high after a blaze/

Worldbest this is the first test (CA1) gather your marks or loose em

Did you read that? If you didn't do man.
Re: Nairaland Emceez: My Perspective by Wordsmith(m): 9:10pm On Jun 24, 2008
@ everyone;

maaayyyynee. . .thanks for the good looks. . .been a friggin' long time i've been on this boards. so sorry i've been so inconsistent. academics really got me in a fix. even when there's a battle tourney in school and my friends were like i should go, i couldn't because i had some brainiac tests and exams. but we thank God though. . .i see you Rapsody, tianshie u too souljah. Menike i see you on the job. . .keep it pimpin', pimpin'. chiogo, Shaz, Mailalc, Alex, Hybrid, Mave. . . . . .holla wink.

PS: for a while now i've been using a close friend as target practice 'cause the poor dude is more wack than Big Daddy Mac tongue
Re: Nairaland Emceez: My Perspective by chiogo(f): 10:40pm On Jun 25, 2008
Aww, the 'Smith is baq. Nice to c ya.
Re: Nairaland Emceez: My Perspective by Shaz(f): 3:31pm On Jun 26, 2008
Welcome baq, Smith. .

@Lzbones,
I could almost say the same to you. . Lol. . Wait, you ever noticed that durin shout outs we're usually called together? . . Lol. . Just observant smiley
Re: Nairaland Emceez: My Perspective by Shaz(f): 3:33pm On Jun 26, 2008
Welcome baq, Smith. .

@Lzbones,
I could almost say the same to you. . Lol. . Wait, you ever noticed that durin shout outs we're usually called together? . . Lol. . Just observant smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Khanye Vs Lalaboi / Geoxpress Vs Illness (in A Bloody Rematch) And Tonight's Entertainment / \**/ Fire Fight III: Teddybiyasi Vs Warriblood \**/

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.