Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,856 members, 7,820,983 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

For Ladies..menstrual Cup.. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / For Ladies..menstrual Cup.. (3272 Views)

Menstrual Cup Can Still Replace Sanitary Pads / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / Dysmenorrhea a.k.a Menstrual Pain or Cramps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Ladies..menstrual Cup.. by Harmvirus(f): 8:31pm On Sep 09, 2013
Hi ladies..Saw this online and decided to share..menstural cup? Eww..am even scared of using a tampon now a cup..will not even try it...what do you think?
http://m.wikihow.com/Use-a-Menstrual-Cup

1 Like

Re: For Ladies..menstrual Cup.. by Pelummy(f): 9:40pm On Sep 09, 2013
menstrual cup? Wetin happen na ,shey i want to fetch water ni? ETT

1 Like

Re: For Ladies..menstrual Cup.. by ChynoBEATS: 9:19pm On Dec 06, 2014
2me it makes a whole lot of sence.......... undecided ....
Re: For Ladies..menstrual Cup.. by Nobody: 9:59pm On Dec 06, 2014
Nahhh, absolutely not for me
Re: For Ladies..menstrual Cup.. by ChynoBEATS: 5:41pm On Dec 07, 2014
lolz...... Nobody ...... .hmm tell me y
Re: For Ladies..menstrual Cup.. by ChynoBEATS: 10:10am On Dec 12, 2014
Harmvirus:
Hi ladies..Saw this online and decided to share..menstural cup? Eww..am even scared of using a tampon now a cup..will not even try it...what do you think?
I think you're a fear fear cheesy . Lolzz. Obirin tio lemi
Re: For Ladies..menstrual Cup.. by AllWoman: 12:54am On Dec 27, 2014
ChynoBEATS:
I think you're a fear fear cheesy . Lolzz. Obirin tio lemi

May not be just fear fear, I think it's the fact that in Nigeria all women know is Alway pad and condom. Women don't know that apart from toilet roll and Always pad, there Re several other safer things they can use for their menstrual periods apart from pads and tampons. It would be great if women could be open minded about these things. As a long time menstrual cup user myself, I would personally say the "Ewwww" or "YUCK FACTOR" lies completely with pads. With these you are basically sitting in a pool of wet soggy smelly blood for 5-7 days. What could be more disgusting than that. With a menstrual cup, I only see the blood once a day when I remove the cup to empty it. Menstrual cups ate re-usable for upto 3yrs, they give upto 12hours leak & odour proof menstrual protection. There is no leaks or staining as with pads, no offensive odours "down there" like with pads, no VA j friction sores or itching. With a menstrual cup women can still swim, run have Sexx, do yoga etc while on a period. Try swimming with a soggy pad.....

2 Likes

Re: For Ladies..menstrual Cup.. by AllWoman: 1:09am On Dec 27, 2014
Harmvirus:

Hi a menstrual cup is safer, more cost effective & more Eco friendly for you than a pad. Its best to approach these things with an open mind.
You are probably thinking there will be blood all over the menstrual cup righ? SO WRONG! And there is a simple reason why menstrual cup cups are LESS MESSY THAN PADS & TAMPONS. it's because while using a menstrual cup, the blood is collected directly from your cervix where its drips from straight into the cup. So if you stick your finger up your VAJ while on your period if you use menstrual cups, there will be NO BLOOD on your finger when you bring it out. Try that same experiment with Always pad or tissue paper & tell us what you notice on your finger when you take it out. The menstrual fluid will be all over your inner VAJ walls if you use pad because the blood will drip from cervix and flow by itself down the inner VAJ walls to exit your body. Not so with menstrual cups. The menstrual fluid drips directly into the menstrual cup since the cervix is positioned inside the menstrual cup.

I think it's the fact that in Nigeria all women know is Alway pad and condom. Women don't know that apart from toilet roll and Always pad, there are several other safer things they can use for their menstrual periods apart from pads and tampons. It would be great if women could be open minded about these things. As a long time menstrual cup user myself, I would personally say the "Ewwww" or "YUCK FACTOR" lies completely with pads. With these you are basically sitting in a pool of wet soggy smelly blood for 5-7 days. What could be more disgusting than that? With a menstrual cup, I only see the blood once a day when I remove the cup to empty it once every 12 hours. Menstrual cups are re-usable for upto 3yrs, they give upto 12hours leak & odour proof menstrual protection. With menstrual cups you will be so clean, dry & sweet smelling "down there" that women it appeals to have oral Sexx while on their period with these menstrual cups. We all know you can't try that with pad shocked With menstrual cups, there are no leaks or undies staining as with pads, no offensive odours "down there" like with pads, no VAJ friction sores or itching. With a menstrual cup women can still swim, run have Sexx, do yoga etc while on a menstrual period. Try swimming with a soggy pad.....
Re: For Ladies..menstrual Cup.. by AllWoman: 1:12am On Dec 27, 2014

Yes please tell us "WHY" considering that menstrual cups are SAFER, MORE COST EFFECTIVE & MORE ECO-FRIENDLY than pads & tampons....so "why" please?
Re: For Ladies..menstrual Cup.. by AllWoman: 1:20am On Dec 27, 2014
Pelummy:
menstrual cup? Wetin happen na ,shey i want to fetch water ni? ETT

No, Pelummy, menstrual cups are not for fetching water. They are for Menstruation.

If you do a bit of research, you will find out its a bell shaped device made of medical grade silicone that's inserted vaginally as an alternative to pads & tampons for menstruation. They are re-usable for upto 3yrs & give upto 12hours leak & odour proof menstrual protection. No pad on earth will keep you dry and un-stained for upto 12hours. & you definitely can't re-use a pad or tampon. It's medically proven that menstrual cups are safer, more cost effective & more Eco friendly than pads & tamping which cause cancer.

READ THESE ARTICLES WHEN YOU HAVE TIME PLEASE-

http://ecowatch.com/2013/11/05/groundbreaking-report-exposes-chemicals-linked-to-cancer-in-feminine-care-products/

http://www.naturalnews.com/040302_womens_health_feminine_hygiene_toxicity.html

http://natural-fertility-info.com/tampons-infertility.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mercola/feminine-hygiene-products_b_3359581.html

1 Like

Re: For Ladies..menstrual Cup.. by ChynoBEATS: 4:47am On Dec 27, 2014
AllWoman:

May not be just fear fear, I think it's the fact that in Nigeria all women know is Alway pad and condom. Women don't know that apart from toilet roll and Always pad, there Re several other safer things they can use for their menstrual periods apart from pads and tampons. It would be great if women could be open minded about these things. As a long time menstrual cup user myself, I would personally say the "Ewwww" or "YUCK FACTOR" lies completely with pads. With these you are basically sitting in a pool of wet soggy smelly blood for 5-7 days. What could be more disgusting than that. With a menstrual cup, I only see the blood once a day when I remove the cup to empty it. Menstrual cups ate re-usable for upto 3yrs, they give upto 12hours leak & odour proof menstrual protection. There is no leaks or staining as with pads, no offensive odours "down there" like with pads, no VA j friction sores or itching. With a menstrual cup women can still swim, run have Sexx, do yoga etc while on a period

hmm quite intuitive

Try swimming with a soggy pad.....

Lolz cheesy , I don't think any lady can try such .
Re: For Ladies..menstrual Cup.. by ChynoBEATS: 5:26am On Dec 27, 2014
AllWoman:

May not be just fear fear, I think it's the fact that in Nigeria all women know is Always pad and condom

Yeah condom n talking about it they don't have any idea on how to use FEMcap or Sponges Most especial those living in the rural areas who bearly make use of condom ...... No wonder they Flood the streets with Kids ......

Please can you Open a new thread about S.e-X.u.AL protection ?

1 Like

Re: For Ladies..menstrual Cup.. by kemiola89(f): 7:28am On Dec 27, 2014
Definitely not for virgins undecided !
Re: For Ladies..menstrual Cup.. by Onegai(f): 7:38am On Dec 27, 2014
@Allwoman, thanks for this. I've always wondered about this. they seemed more eco-friendly and cost-effective and pads smell and tampons do leak (if not inserted properly). Did you get yours here in Nigeria?

I'm pretty sure someone will come and say "virgins" cannot use this, Nigerian hypocrisy and ignorance cannot fail...

1 Like

Re: For Ladies..menstrual Cup.. by ChynoBEATS: 9:57am On Dec 27, 2014
kemiola89:
Definitely not for virgins undecided !
Prove it cool
Re: For Ladies..menstrual Cup.. by kemiola89(f): 11:14am On Dec 27, 2014
ChynoBEATS:

Prove it cool
What exactly do you want me to prove? I gave my opinion and you are there asking for prove!
Re: For Ladies..menstrual Cup.. by kemiola89(f): 11:23am On Dec 27, 2014
Onegai:
@Allwoman, thanks for this. I've always wondered about this. they seemed more eco-friendly and cost-effective and pads smell and tampons do leak (if not inserted properly). Did you get yours here in Nigeria?

I'm pretty sure someone will come and say "virgins" cannot use this, Nigerian hypocrisy and ignorance cannot fail...
Please excuse my ignorance, can you educate us on how a virgin can use something as big as that without breaking the hymen? BTW, is the names calling necessary?
Re: For Ladies..menstrual Cup.. by Doortun(m): 12:34pm On Dec 27, 2014
Okay I'm in the wrong place.... Where is d exit door.
Re: For Ladies..menstrual Cup.. by Onegai(f): 12:44pm On Dec 27, 2014
kemiola89:

Please excuse my ignorance, can you educate us on how a virgin can use something as big as that without breaking the hymen? BTW, is the names calling necessary?

It's not name-calling, if you're old enough to use the internet, you're old enough for a regular routine exam (which will safeguard your fertility and health) with a Gynecologist, rather than waiting till you get married to be "initiated into the secrets of womanhood". So you should have asked about things like that (it is your womanhood and your body, claim responsibility for it). I have doctors in my family who told me the exact same thing.

A hymen is a membrane. Membrane is tissue that can STRETCH (think certain parts of chicken skin or goat tissue). Some people are born with it, some people are NOT born with it, some have thick membranes, some don't. A lot of women can break their hymens simply by being energetic and exercising a lot as girls, some women retain part of their hymens till childbirth, a lot of women can use tampons and stretch their hymens and it may have holes in it but not break. Same with the cup. A lot of women do not bleed the "first time". The tightness you feel the "first time" is nerves and muscles being stretched, not your hymen breaking. So you're worried about using this cup, they have smaller sizes if you're small on the inside.

But hymens as a proof of virginity, particularly when Nigerian women deploy it to up their value in the eyes of men, is always hilarious. Case in point: a guy brought his "virgin" wife to a popular teaching hospital for some treatment. The doctors kept laughing and joking amongst themselves about how they found D&C scarring on her upper womb, yet she had managed to "chance" other babes in the man's life by celibacy and her muscles were not as loose and the bros thought he was buying "brand-new" and was showing her off very proudly at the hospital. A hymen is not proof of virginity, not doing it at all is the only proof.

If you want to use this cup, please feel free to do so. Tampons are more unsanitary than this cup. The reason I never tried it was that everytime I brought it up, the naija babes around me shrieked and made it sound like I wanted to donate my body to Science. So I was put off. Even tampons, girls who are sleeping with half of Lagos will say "it's not for virgins, only loose girls know about it".

And please for goodness' sake, get yourself to a routine checkup with a Gynecologist, not a regular doctor. Do not wait till marriage to start worrying about your reproductive health when the warning signs were there all this while, then you will be screaming and praying for a miracle. It is less than N25,000 to do a checkup+see a Gyno (cheaper than your phone, asoebi and matching shoe and bag and a tailor to put it all together, a weave, travelling for a wedding, drinks in a month of hanging out with friends, infact it is insanity not to do that checkup) It is N1.5mil to treat all reproductive issues.

There's no excuse for Ignorance. smiley

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: For Ladies..menstrual Cup.. by Mzgracie(f): 1:02pm On Dec 27, 2014
Hehehehehehe

Nah water I wan collect for dere ni?
Re: For Ladies..menstrual Cup.. by kemiola89(f): 5:16pm On Dec 27, 2014
Re: For Ladies..menstrual Cup.. by mownie: 5:34pm On Dec 27, 2014
smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: For Ladies..menstrual Cup.. by kemiola89(f): 5:45pm On Dec 27, 2014
mownie:

Na wa o! U asked a question, someone answered with scenarios and e.gs( which I think is the best way to answer a question for better understanding) and you still responded with jabs, not even a thank you...
pls unquote me, I just modified.
Re: For Ladies..menstrual Cup.. by Onegai(f): 8:19am On Dec 28, 2014
kemiola89:

Mrs know it all! What in my post suggested that I was talking about me? I just asked a simple question and there you went on and on about your life's story. From your response one can tell how frustrated you are in the real world. So much for being matured enough to use the internet!

mownie:

Na wa o! U asked a question, someone answered with scenarios and e.gs( which I think is the best way to answer a question for better understanding) and you still responded with jabs, not even a thank you...

Thank you for this. Her reply is such a typical mindset and behaviour of the average young Nigerian, it made me laugh. When men are shouting "fishbrain" I never argue with their statement, they don't call some girls that without seeing their mindset. I will leave my comment there, smarter women will learn from it.

1 Like

Re: For Ladies..menstrual Cup.. by anonimi: 8:32am On Dec 28, 2014
Onegai:

Thank you for this. Her reply is such a typical mindset and behaviour of the average Nigerian, it made me laugh. When men are shouting "fishbrain" I never argue with their statement, they didn't call some girls that without seeing their mindset. I will leave the comment there, smarter women will learn from it.

Most of us Nigerians are 'fishbrain', irrespective of our gender. Otherwise hod did WE allow our country to be such a filthy, basket case of wasted, big non-entities that we do not & cannot maintain

Meanwhile thanks for your meaningful post on this thread.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Ladies..menstrual Cup.. by kemiola89(f): 1:11pm On Dec 28, 2014
Onegai:

Thank you for this. Her reply is such a typical mindset and behaviour of the average young Nigerian, it made me laugh. When men are shouting "fishbrain" I never argue with their statement, they don't call some girls that without seeing their mindset. I will leave my comment there, smarter women will learn from it.
My mistake! Sorry for misunderstanding you. I initially did not get your explanation before replying. Already modified!

2 Likes

Re: For Ladies..menstrual Cup.. by adepink(f): 10:59am On Jan 03, 2015
Where can it be purchase in Nigeria pls
Re: For Ladies..menstrual Cup.. by Osassquare: 10:53am On Sep 14, 2022

The truth is a lot of ladies I have met usually respond like you. With better education they give it a try they end up trashing their pads.

If you want to read more I have done a whole lot of writing on it.

https://mailchi.mp/031c68d23027/cleoonlinestore
Re: For Ladies..menstrual Cup.. by Osassquare: 10:54am On Sep 14, 2022
adepink:
Where can it be purchase in Nigeria pls

You can read more on it here and purchase it thereafter in the store.

https://mailchi.mp/031c68d23027/cleoonlinestore
Or here

https:///message/DCKBNZ5RH32UF1

(1) (Reply)

Pls Need A Reply / Schweppes Tonic Water / How I Lost 50kg Easily- No Pills, No "Stupid" Meal Plan Involved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.