Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,929 members, 7,845,002 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

Iyabo Obasanjo For Governor 2011 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Iyabo Obasanjo For Governor 2011 (1093 Views)

Fayose Blasts Obasanjo For Always Begging For Political Favours / As EFCC Goes After Daughter, Turai Yar’adua Runs To Obasanjo For Help / Iyabo Obasanjo Poised For Ministerial Appointment After Losing Senate Seat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iyabo Obasanjo For Governor 2011 by RedHotChic(f): 6:11am On Jun 18, 2008
[size=16pt]Obasanjo, Daniel differ over governor's successor [/size]
By Clifford Ndujihe

THE 2011 elections maybe less than three years away but the political landscape in Ogun State is already astir. A battle for the control of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and the question of which of the four divisions of the state should produce Governor Gbenga Daniel's successor, were said to be behind the brewing feud between him and former President Olusegun Obasanjo.

advertisement
Daniel is said to favour the Yewa/Awori division to produce his successor while Obasanjo is reportedly in support of the Egba division. Obasanjo is an Egba while Daniel hails from Remo Division.

No fewer than 10 politicians are said to be eyeing the governorship seat on the platform of the PDP. They include Senator Iyabo Obasanjo-Bello (Egba), House of Representatives Speaker, Dimeji Bankole (Egba); Minister of Mines and Steel, Sarafa Tunji Ishola (Egba); Chief of Staff to Daniel, Dr. Yomi Majekodunmi (Egba) and Commissioner for Agriculture, Waliu Taiwo (Awori).

The others are Deputy Governor Salmot Badru (Yewa); Commissioner for Housing, Ishiaq Salako (Yewa); Group Managing Director of Gateway Holdings, Mr. Gboyega Isiaka (Yewa), Senator Kola Bajomo (Yewa) and Hon. Biodun Akinlade (Yewa).

Of the four divisions, Yewa/Awori is yet to produce the governor of the state. The first civilian governor, the late Chief Bisi Onabanjo (1979-83) was from Ijebu division; Chief Olusegun Osoba 1992-93, 1999-2003) is from Egba; and Daniel 2003 - date) is from Remo.

Aside the 2011 power game, sources also said that Obasanjo was not happy with Daniel for allegedly failing to give enough support to former House of Representatives Speaker, Patricia Etteh, when she was in trouble but instead, backed Dimeji Bankole to succeed her.

Dimeji's emergence as Speaker was one of the reasons some stalwarts of the PDP cited for their opposition to Obasanjo remaining as chairman of the PDP Board of Trustees (BOT).

Sources claimed that Obasanjo was fingering Daniel and his supporters as those behind recent moves to recall his daughter, Obasanjo-Bello, from the Upper Chamber of the National Assembly.

The governor's supporters were reportedly peeved with Obasanjo's opposition to Daniel's re-nomination as PDP standard bearer in the 2007 polls. They alleged that the former President unleashed the operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) on Daniel at that time to actualise the objective.

Responding to the allegations and counter-allegations yesterday, Mr. Wale Adedayo, the governor's Chief Press Secretary, said that there was no feud between Obasanjo and Daniel.

"There is no problem whatsoever between Otunba Gbenga Daniel and former President Obasanjo. He is a man we hold in high esteem as the father of modern Nigeria. He has shown in words and deeds that he is our father in Ogun State. The reports that there is bickering between the governor and Obasanjo are mere speculations. There is absolutely nothing like that," he said.

http://odili.net/news/source/2008/jun/17/33.html
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo For Governor 2011 by blacksta(m): 12:23pm On Jun 18, 2008
They are all crazy I thought it was people that voted for the  canidiate they want and not some useless fore father that impose candidates on the  people who cares where you come from whether remo or iwori this is one the reason we stuck in this rot. Candiaties must be chosen on merit

Any way sha we are in nigeria anything goes
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo For Governor 2011 by MethodMan3(m): 12:36pm On Jun 18, 2008
Grandfatherism, corruption, partiality, favouritism, candidate imposition and rigging-

would continuously mess Nigerian politics and promote backwardness

up unless people like OBJ, Iyabo, Gbenga Daniel, and other motherfucking corruption ridden pigs

are flushed into the most ferocious part of hell fire OR bombed into extinction!
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo For Governor 2011 by bluehorizo(m): 1:00pm On Jun 18, 2008
They should not forget that the death that killed father of Godfatherism is still lurking around. Let power rotates! The bastards want to clinch to power till are put to permanent sleep. Shame!
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo For Governor 2011 by RedHotChic(f): 2:17pm On Jun 18, 2008
Grandfatherism, corruption, partiality, favouritism, candidate imposition and rigging-

would continuously mess Nigerian politics and promote backwardness

up unless people like OBJ, Iyabo, Gbenga Daniel, and other motherfucking corruption ridden pigs

are flushed into the most ferocious part of hell fire OR bombed into extinction
!
Wouldn't that make us a terrorist nation?
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo For Governor 2011 by MethodMan3(m): 2:35pm On Jun 18, 2008
RedHotChic:

Wouldn't that make us a terrorist nation?

nah it aint terrorism love

do a poll for the people in naija and you would see how many people would support the idea that

people that have worsen the lives of an average naija man dont deserve a place on earth or paradise
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo For Governor 2011 by RedHotChic(f): 2:47pm On Jun 18, 2008
nah it aint terrorism love

do a poll for the people in naija and you would see how many people would support the idea that

people that have worsen the lives of an average naija man don't deserve a place on earth or paradise
True, but it's still advisable and more honorable to wait on God. Vengeance is not man's.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo For Governor 2011 by SkyBlue1: 2:52pm On Jun 18, 2008
@RedHotChic that is because you see it as revenge and fail to see it as securing our future LOL. When even IBB had the audacity as to aspire to contest for the last elections you really have to wonder if we are out of the woods yet. I don't mind if any of them are left alive because i don't want to kill anyone etc, as long they are courteuous enough not to show there faces in public anymore or make any comments because no one, sorry i will speak for myself, I don't want to know. If any of them dies i won't be joyous or sad, i will just be indifferent as i am sure even Hitler had some people who cared for him. They should just live Nigeria alone abeg, it is enough. We need to move on, they have helped enough. Let them all go and sit down and clap for themselves for the state they left the nation in.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo For Governor 2011 by SENATORJD(m): 2:59pm On Jun 18, 2008
whats not possible in nigeria?
if a minister that carried our plants of a stadium to his village can come out say he wants to go for the presidency or a person facing a murder charge can win a senatorial seat then even iyabo cac think of becoming governor

@skyblue nice seeing u up here, u never came back to defend ur claims?i guess u couldnt
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo For Governor 2011 by SkyBlue1: 3:01pm On Jun 18, 2008
@SENATOR JD defend what claims?? LOL. You will have to remind me i am not on Nairaland 24/7.
I am still waiting for these claims you feel i need to defend.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo For Governor 2011 by RedHotChic(f): 3:11pm On Jun 18, 2008
They should not forget that the death that killed father of Godfatherism is still lurking around. Let power rotates! The bastards want to clinch to power till are put to permanent sleep. Shame!
Ooohhhh, the death travelled got deported to China after he killed the father of Godfatherism.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo For Governor 2011 by SENATORJD(m): 3:16pm On Jun 18, 2008
LOL on 24/7, it was d one on six policemen arrested over a killing in lagos state
never mind though its old hope ure aight?cheers
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo For Governor 2011 by SkyBlue1: 3:18pm On Jun 18, 2008
@SENATOR JD that news that was reported on like 3 different papers and news sources whereby you said some information was wrong after i posted the link? The one you said you had the newspaper somewhere and that the manwas speeding away from police and you will prove there was more to it but you never did? You have a pretty selective memory. LOL. Fine, thanks for asking. smiley
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo For Governor 2011 by SENATORJD(m): 3:21pm On Jun 18, 2008
@sky blue obviously u never went back to read d article cos i responded d next day quoting the paper the day the page and even the paragraph, aint got a selective but a perfect memory,
probably u have selective eye sight grin
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo For Governor 2011 by SkyBlue1: 3:29pm On Jun 18, 2008
@SENATOR JD just to make you happy i went back to that thread to read it. Very defensive stance you took considering i was genuinely asking you for the source of your own story for something i read from three different online sources so that you could verify your own side of things. Did that really warrant the patronising response? Its cool, i don't get offended by such, smiley.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo For Governor 2011 by SENATORJD(m): 3:35pm On Jun 18, 2008
@sky blue sorry if i was insultive, u made it look like i was lying and i was definetly sure i wasnt cos i had read about it b4 the second article came out.
well guess we all learn bro.
LOL at patronising response
cheers
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo For Governor 2011 by coolier(f): 4:13pm On Jun 18, 2008
Man proposes, God disposes!
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo For Governor 2011 by MethodMan3(m): 4:16pm On Jun 18, 2008
coolier:

wink
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo For Governor 2011 by RedHotChic(f): 6:17pm On Jun 18, 2008
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo For Governor 2011 by redsun(m): 7:42pm On Jun 18, 2008
Why can't the brutal secret cults murderers take on the politicians instead of their fellow students?If they could be so cruel,they should melt it down on the politicians and goverment corrupt officials who are real architects of their problems.The revolution have to start from some where and who better than militant students with guns already.Nigeria presently is a failed state,you probably need to see it from outside for you to grasp.

Moreover,i thought iyabo is on the run.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo For Governor 2011 by RedHotChic(f): 8:25pm On Jun 18, 2008
Moreover,i thought iyabo is on the run
Dreamer, her case is in the process of being quashed and she'll soon be good enough to govern Ogun state. At least, a woman will be there. Since all of them are crooks, a woman may be a more humane crook than her male counterparts.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo For Governor 2011 by redsun(m): 8:03am On Jun 19, 2008
According to Abami(Legendary Fela) nigeria is BBC-Big Blind Country,in the country of the blind,one eye man is the king.People are blind to reality and not just one eye king but stack blind and deaf kings are marching and dumping them in canyons and they think is the will god,will of devil.Of course there is no god in nigeria,if there is god in the real sense of it,people won't be living like that.

God is intelligence,beauty,power,love,cleanliness,creativity,independence,selflessness,control,name it,anything that  rational beings can be is what god is,man is the manifestation of the suppose almighty,it is not spiritual but practical.

Take a look at the streets of lagos and see the human miseries and decadence,from the filty loking huts in the name of houses,to unpaved and dirty side walks,to choatic human and vehicles trafic,to ground layed food items in middle age style but dirty markets,to block drainages,to refuse dumps,oh heaven,poverty shouldn't be filth,people should have some sense of human dignity and tidy up.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo For Governor 2011 by favcom(m): 11:13am On Jun 19, 2008
;Dlol cheesy grin shocked
Fela said Nigeria is BBC (Big Blind Country)
Na wa for dat guy o cool

(1) (Reply)

South Africa's Ministers Resign. The Markets Collapse / Tears For My Country / 2011 Elections: Politicians Spend Billions On Armoured Vehicles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.