Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason (11216 Views)

The Plight Of A Nigerian Medical Student / The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David / The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by akdjr(m): 4:04pm On Sep 10, 2013
I have said it time without number that Nigeria can only be a better place for all if only there can be a restriction to study abroad EXCEPT! for masters or any other higher degree and also all the private university be scrap TOTALLY!
Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by slimfit1(m): 4:05pm On Sep 10, 2013
Ejike.chinedu:
That true..she is truely insensitive..wat do u aspect..her 3 kids are all havard graduate....

Her kids doesn't have anything to do with this she did what a reasonable mother would do. Focus your attention on the president that is giving all your money to exotic charity organisation like bokudoes charity.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by Doyensky: 4:06pm On Sep 10, 2013
I dont know why this woman is hoarding the nations money. Its not her personal money why is she holding on to it like her whole life depends on it to the detriment of nigerian student and the nations future. Well, time will tell.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by qhiwegh(m): 4:06pm On Sep 10, 2013
Relying on an Igbo woman to do something for non-Igbos... This is a cruel joke. No Igbos should EVER hold high offices in the federal government. They will ONLY lookout for themselves and leave the rest of us in the dust. All the while, we've opened our cities so they could flourish in our lands, they close theirs to us and won't even teach us their language.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by pesty100(m): 4:07pm On Sep 10, 2013
oxford: ASSU is just an as$ h0le.

Government have demostrated good faith in the negotiation by puting N130 billions on the table, why not return the good gestures back by showing some patrotism?

And please if you want senators salary, resign and contest. If you think you are better in formulating government policies, resign and join politics.

But the bottom line is even this: Nigerian lecturers are more corrupt than the politicians they are trying to paint black.

Who among them doesnt sell ''Copy and paste'' hand outs?

Who many of them doesnt take give out marks to female students for a night out?

how many of them even got the job on merit?

How many of them can defend their qualifications?

How many times to they report for their duties?

How many researches have they conducted?

What is the quality of their products?

Abeg, Leave mata for mathias.

so because of all this bullshit you jus typed the good one's among them deserves to be cheated by the government all the time
Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by Krisddon: 4:07pm On Sep 10, 2013
Ngozi's attitude towards ASUU strike is not just insensitive but extremely wicked! Ngozi has her 3 children in Haverd university in the US but said that FG can't meet ASUU's demand of 87bn even if FG has no money as said, why can't it borrow as it some times does to pursue one or two developmental projects? Supposing the FG really takes education seriouly knowing fully well that no country can ever develop more than its educational progress or standard, then it ought to borrow on this cos it has borrowed to sponsor projects that are not as important as education. Funny enough Farouk Lawal the MP with scandalous behaviour advised the FG not to rush into negotiations with ASUU whereas, he's supposed to be serving his jail term in the prison by now if the system was working, for his involvement in the bribery scandal. Even the lousy minister of information also supporting his oga @ d top. Believe me only this action of GEJ's insensitivity has made him lost the love of millions of youths in this country including me. The srike does not affect any of theirs that's why no key stakeholder is doing anything serious about it. Imagine David Mark and Suswam urging for spiritual solution for ASUU strike! Why disturb God for what you can do for yourself? I see this as not just insensitive but also absurd and otiose on the side of the gov't. Worrisome, cumbersome, tiresome and burdensome on the side of the students. What has the spirit got to do with ASUU? That reminds me of what 2face said in one of his songs in his 1st album that when something happens people continue shouting until it's termed a spiritual something.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by Nobody: 4:32pm On Sep 10, 2013
pesty100: so because of all this bullshit you jus typed the good one's among them deserves to be cheated by the government all the time

Shut up my friend/ How are they being cheated?
Was their remuneration not stated in their letter of appointment? Why did they accept the offer?
Wage increment is a subject of negotiation and not by arm twisting and propaganda.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by Bobby4090: 4:40pm On Sep 10, 2013
What else do you expect from the woman, when she and all her children went to Harvard. She has no emotional or sentimental attachment to any Nigerian higher institution. She doesnt really give a damn if the strike lasts for a year or more. Thats the price we pay for bringing an insensitive silver-spooned woman whose only mission here is to to gather money for politicians to loot freely.

She severed under Obasanjo for many years yet no single highway was built. All her own is to put the money in a dedicated account so that everyone will hail her and after that subsequent politicians will loot the money.

In a proper revolution, its people like her that the masses will target first.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by Chukwutobi: 4:46pm On Sep 10, 2013

Government have demostrated good faith in the negotiation by puting N130 billions on the table, why not return the good gestures back by showing some patrotism?

And please if you want senators salary, resign and contest. If you think you are better in formulating government policies, resign and join politics.

But the bottom line is even this: Nigerian lecturers are more corrupt than the politicians they are trying to paint black.

how many of them doesnt give out marks to female students for a night out?

abi nw, their wahala is 2 much:farts accusing faeces for smelling,if not dat fart cannot be seen.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by Nobody: 4:49pm On Sep 10, 2013
If i had known Ngozi would become this disappointed to Nigerians, i would've murdered her pusssy that time she was still my gf. grin grin
Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by richybanky(m): 4:59pm On Sep 10, 2013
RedBenson: If i had known Ngozi would become this disappointed to Nigerians, i would've murdered her pusssy that time she was still my gf. grin grin

Madt Man..........
Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by judedwriter(m): 5:06pm On Sep 10, 2013
9ja, o what a country! If u can survive here, u can survive anywhere! So much greed nd corruption tearing d nation apart. It will be a miracle for dis nation to be 1 after 2015.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by texazzpete(m): 5:09pm On Sep 10, 2013

Just because you're a cultist, it doesn't mean you cannot talk with sense.

Why should they settle for N130 bn when that is far lower than what is required to turn our universities around? Also, ASUU rightfully claims that most of that money was not given them by the FG as part of this round of negotiations but was already monies due to them and which they were always going to get. It's like you going on strike and your employer tells the whole world he has given you money yet all he has done is to hand you your Christmas bonus!

There is money! Money HAS to be made available. We will NEVER develop as a country as long as the educational sector remains under-developed.

If na to bring out N120 billion for expressway in Abuja, the FG is never lacking. If na to dole out fuel subsidy money to crooks out there, the FG is ever ready. Rubbish

People who want their country to develop are praying for the FG to get common sense and live up to their responsibilities...other lazy cultists like yourself who still like stone age education are acting in opposition and you dare talk about patriotism?!

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by ichidodo: 5:16pm On Sep 10, 2013
Ngozi is a patriot without her our economy should have gone under despite all odds, if the greedy lecturers won't accept 130 Billion naira gathering dust on d table and Nigerian students don't hold these men accountable but place blame on the scape goat then they can stay at home till December.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by Memyselfu2009(m): 5:19pm On Sep 10, 2013
I pity Jonathan 2015 who go vote for am
Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by soulglo: 5:23pm On Sep 10, 2013
I am not with ASUU though I should not be quick to judge. I went to their official website to get information on the strike and there is nothing there except saying that they are a total strike. When you click on most of the links they are broken links or take you to pages that are under construction.The website does not even say what ASUU does. What is their goal or philosophy. ASUU should at the very least have on their website what the 2009 agreement was and also updates for the students and their families. I am sorry but if they cannot even manage their little presence on the Internet I am pretty sure that the moment they get the money it will be mismanaged and would not benefit the students. The people should have access to what the money is being used for. After all the money belongs to the People and the People should always be kept in the loop.

4 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 10, 2013
texazzpete:

Just because you're a cultist, it doesn't mean you cannot talk with sense.

Why should they settle for N130 bn when that is far lower than what is required to turn our universities around? Also, ASUU rightfully claims that most of that money was not given them by the FG as part of this round of negotiations but was already monies due to them and which they were always going to get. It's like you going on strike and your employer tells the whole world he has given you money yet all he has done is to hand you your Christmas bonus!

There is money! Money HAS to be made available. We will NEVER develop as a country as long as the educational sector remains under-developed.

If na to bring out N120 billion for expressway in Abuja, the FG is never lacking. If na to dole out fuel subsidy money to crooks out there, the FG is ever ready. Rubbish

People who want their country to develop are praying for the FG to get common sense and live up to their responsibilities...other lazy cultists like yourself who still like stone age education are acting in opposition and you dare talk about patriotism?!

i dont argue with f00ls. If you know how long have being done with and dusted the university system, u wont called me a cultist. And you analysis is a shame
Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by mjizzie(m): 5:33pm On Sep 10, 2013
dannysteve99@ya:
U think so?
I believe so too,she is a very big problem in Nig. She was part of Oil subsidy removal early dis year dt leads to long strike too, now Education sector. Dis woman kws notin abt Nigeria, she is just bringin foreign policy anyaw witout considering d implication.she is a real prob.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by mjizzie(m): 5:40pm On Sep 10, 2013

can u ask ur parent N20,000 school fees and they tell u that they can only afford N5100. Will you go back to sch to pay d money lyk dt? Be reasonable
Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by Nexxy007: 5:43pm On Sep 10, 2013
Yes, what are they doing with all our money?
Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by Bowwow11(m): 5:48pm On Sep 10, 2013
U guys are just wasting Ur time writing and pasting words wich those never do well politicians will never read those criminals politicians does not even read Nigerian news pappers let alone nairaland network U guys should stop blaming and let us all put everytin into D hand of GOD wit prayers ASUU might still call off D strike hopefully!!!
Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by ichidodo: 5:52pm On Sep 10, 2013
mjizzie: can u ask ur parent N20,000 school fees and they tell u that they can only afford N5100. Will you go back to sch to pay d money lyk dt? Be reasonable
If your parent can't or refuse to afford your school fees in d time being but plead for your understanding and make amends in some way later even if it isn't up to your liking, wiill you have the conscience to play 'hard ball' and throw the peace of the whole household into disarray? Pikin wey say im papa no go sleep, shey im go sleep?
Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by pesty100(m): 6:00pm On Sep 10, 2013
oxford:

Shut up my friend/ How are they being cheated?
Was their remuneration not stated in their letter of appointment? Why did they accept the offer?
Wage increment is a subject of negotiation and not by arm twisting and propaganda.
i don't think they are fighting for wage increment ooooo
Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by onayemi1: 6:05pm On Sep 10, 2013

This is the most sensible comments on ASUU strike

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by creativemusic: 6:22pm On Sep 10, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by mlane: 6:22pm On Sep 10, 2013
THOSE OF YOU ACCUSING NOI OF INSENSITIVITY SHOULD LOOK AT THE ISSUE VERY WELL BEFORE JUST MAKING ACCUSATION. NOI SHOULD NOT BE CRUCIFY
Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by sted303: 6:22pm On Sep 10, 2013
If Tompolo didn't take up arms; what exactly would his employment prospects be? Fishing in polluted waters? Now he has a private jet.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by agrovick(m): 6:26pm On Sep 10, 2013
My lady beautiful is thy name, am already derailing sha
safarigirl: Her kids are Harvard graduates, she's a Harvard graduate with no idea what it's like to be a student in Nigeria, why should she care? One can only be sensitive to a personal experience (even Jonah wey be lecturer before no send talk less Iweala). Please naija students, in your next life, pray to go to a family wealthy enough to send you to a foreign or at least private school.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by petreli08: 6:30pm On Sep 10, 2013
Ogoje waala
Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by Omen100(m): 6:41pm On Sep 10, 2013
While some of you are busy complaining us are over here celebrating 70th days of ASUU strike

Allahu Akbar

Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by Nobody: 6:51pm On Sep 10, 2013
mjizzie: can u ask ur parent N20,000 school fees and they tell u that they can only afford N5100. Will you go back to sch to pay d money lyk dt? Be reasonable

are you saying if tomorrow ASUU should ask for the whole budget we should just hand over it to them? Bros....abeg no fall my hand oh. You are sharper than this.

Or if my parent income is N20,000, i will now be demanding N20k as sch fees when there other 36 children!

Common guy be reasonable

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by Absugardaddy(m): 6:54pm On Sep 10, 2013
both of dem r useless

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UNN Cancels Post Utme Exams! / What Is The Full Form Of SIR? / Civil Defence Arrest 4 Cyber Cafe Owners Selling Fake JAMB Forms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.