Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason (11215 Views)

The Plight Of A Nigerian Medical Student / The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David / The Plight Of A Madonna University Law Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by Lawalemi(m): 7:44pm On Sep 10, 2013
ichidodo: Ngozi is a patriot without her our economy should have gone under despite all odds, if the greedy lecturers won't accept 130 Billion naira gathering dust on d table and Nigerian students don't hold these men accountable but place blame on the scape goat then they can stay at home till December.

The most reasonable comment so far
Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by roxell120(m): 8:04pm On Sep 10, 2013
remove Ngozi from dis cabinet and tell me wat u ve remaining. plz blame those who signed dis agreement with ASUU nt her.she wasn't there 2009.how do u expect her to dole out such money after considering the implication as an economist.the only solution now is fresh deal with ASUU.rukayatu, the education minister shd be held responsible cos she caused it all by accepting such deal with ASUU 2009.u pple shd leave okonjo alone, cos she didn't lobby for her job.remember ur economy was in comatose until she joined the govt while tidying things up with the world bank. she was the last minister to join the cabinet after GEJ resumption 2011 while other good for nothing ministers were waiting for their coordinator. her position is earned nt bought like that of her colleagues. she is working, hug the nearest transformer.
I dont blame many of u here cos if ure nt a student, ure jobless, uninformed or frustrated nd ve so much time to heap curses on an innocent woman who is appreciated globally.

3 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by Nobody: 8:23pm On Sep 10, 2013
richybanky:

Madt Man..........

How? So u dont know she was my gf in sec. sch? I used to fucck Ngozi in our school block after school or atimes, in the nearby bush sorrounding the school. grin grin
Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by Kei144(m): 8:25pm On Sep 10, 2013
salex66: God will help us in this country.I don't know why our government is so insensitive to education sector.

Education sector does not equate to ASUU. As you travel around the country, do you see the kind of houses that constitute our primary and secondary schools? Primary and secondary schools are where almost every Nigerian youth goes through. Universities are for very privileged few,and yet people want to tell me that Nigeria educational system equates to universities. If Nigerians are so much interested in upgrading the educational system, the sections of the system that are used by majority of Nigerians should be given priority attention. Enough of this ASUU and NANS elitism. Somebody needs to speak for Nigerian masses whose only education are obtained in dilapidated primary and secondary school buildings.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by Nobody: 9:09pm On Sep 10, 2013
oxford: ASSU is just an as$ h0le.

Government have demostrated good faith in the negotiation by puting N130 billions on the table, why not return the good gestures back by showing some patrotism?

And please if you want senators salary, resign and contest. If you think you are better in formulating government policies, resign and join politics.

But the bottom line is even this: Nigerian lecturers are more corrupt than the politicians they are trying to paint black.

Who among them doesnt sell ''Copy and paste'' hand outs?

how many of them doesnt give out marks to female students for a night out?

how many of them even got the job on merit?

How many of them can defend their qualifications?

How many times to they report for their duties?

How many researches have they conducted?

What is the quality of their products?

Abeg, Leave mata for mathias.

You go teach.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by SPIDER90: 9:13pm On Sep 10, 2013
onayemi1:
This is the most sensible comments on ASUU strike
There is no problem with NOI, ASUU should not blackmail her for she is doing what a right thinking administrator should do.
So because ASUU has made their demand nobody has a right to checkmate them? So govt should just deep hand to her pocket and dole out money to them as they want, what should workers in health sector do? they too will demand for 30% of the budget.
This is not a matter of papa and pikin, it is employer and employees issue, if you are not pleased with what your employer is paying you, simply resign and find something else to do. How many of them are employable outside the shore of Nigeria.
Govt has shown enough goodwill by releasing N130 billion. There is nothing wrong if govt change her mind concerning the earlier agreement, it happen in other climes. Moreover, we cant say govt willingly sign the agreement, to me it can be said it was signed under duress(during strike action like this).
So, if they are tired of teaching, they should simply resign and join politics and earn mega pay like polithiefians they have been envying.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by roxell120(m): 9:14pm On Sep 10, 2013
RedBenson:

How? So u dont know she was my gf in sec. sch? I used to fucck Ngozi in our school block after school or atimes, in the nearby bush sorrounding the school. grin grin
ur kind is the reason I hate nairaland.do u really ve a job? if no then I can offer u a. sweeping job in my house so u can kip urself busy.how did I find myself in the midst of pple like u.nairaland is just a mkt place.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by 4Play(m): 9:26pm On Sep 10, 2013
Kei144:
Education sector does not equate to ASUU. As you travel around the country, do you see the kind of houses that constitute our primary and secondary schools? Primary and secondary schools are where almost every Nigerian youth goes through. Universities are for very privileged few,and yet people want to tell me that Nigeria educational system equates to universities. If Nigerians are so much interested in upgrading the educational system, the sections of the system that are used by majority of Nigerians should be given priority attention. Enough of this ASUU and NANS elitism. Somebody needs to speak for Nigerian masses whose only education are obtained in dilapidated primary and secondary school buildings.

Don't mind them. The FG has responsibility for all Nigerians, 170m and counting. Most Nigerians don't have things we take for granted in the West - clean water, basic healthcare, electricity and decent security. Yet, the elite of Nigeria are obsessed with a product - tertiary education - which the overwhelming majority of Nigerians have no hope of using. Do people realise that only a tiny subset of the population actually attends universities? Poverty is more endemic in the North, why spend more on a product disproportionately used by Southerners?

Every budgeting decision is a product of trade offs - should we spend on roads or wage hikes for instance. Nigeria's public sector is over bloated and relative to Nigeria's GDP per capita over paid. This is part of the reason why recurrent expenditure is so high.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by Cmfrt001(f): 10:08pm On Sep 10, 2013
Dat is not logical @ all as there is no atom of sensibility. I mean, y shuld u sign to an agreement u wouldn't meet? Abeg ooo we u guys shuld do sumtin really fast cos we students r d ones suffering. Infact marriage na d nxt tin*wink*
Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by Nobody: 10:31pm On Sep 10, 2013
roxell120:
ur kind is the reason I hate nairaland.do u really ve a job? if no then I can offer u a. sweeping job in my house so u can kip urself busy.how did I find myself in the midst of pple like u.nairaland is just a mkt place.

So what are you telling me now? I shld deny the bolded fact that Ngozi was my sec sch. gf whom as at that time couldnt take her to my house because of my parents and i resorted into laying her in almost every corner of the school? Like i said before, i used to lay Ngozi in any of our class room blocks after school must've dismissed. If the coast is not very conducive within the school premises, the nearby bush was our favourite spot for our romantic mood. grin If i had known she'll hold ASUU in an unfortunate situation like this to the detriment of the students, the so called future leaders, i would've murdered her pusssy that time. grin grin. Am still missing her nipples. She used to have the best nipples among all my girls. grin
Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by Nobody: 10:34pm On Sep 10, 2013
roxell120:

So what are you telling me now? I shld deny the bolded fact that Ngozi was my sec sch. gf whom as at that time couldnt take her to my house because of my parents and i resorted into laying her in almost every corner of the school? Like i said before, i used to lay Ngozi in any of our class room blocks after school must've dismissed. If the coast is not very conducive within the school premises, the nearby bush was our favourite spot for our romantic mood. grin If i had known she'll hold ASUU in an unfortunate situation like this to the detriment of the students, the so called future leaders, i would've murdered her pusssy that time. grin grin. Am still missing her nip.ples. She used to have the best nip.ples among all my girls. grin
Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by Bizibi(m): 11:56pm On Sep 10, 2013
lacasa: She's lost all integrity she had during Obj's tenure.

She's only acting out a World Bank script to keep Nigeria 'under-developed'.

Plus, with the im.becile-in-chief at the helm, it's way too easy for her

callin ur president an slowpoke kai gej dn suffer sha
Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by nogames: 4:41am On Sep 11, 2013
ichidodo: If your parent can't or refuse to afford your school fees in d time being but plead for your understanding and make amends in some way later even if it isn't up to your liking, wiill you have the conscience to play 'hard ball' and throw the peace of the whole household into disarray? Pikin wey say im papa no go sleep, shey im go sleep?
Very good analogy, bro sorry are you in Nigeria? for your information
ASUU is demending for fulfilment of agreement signed by gorvernment since 2009. So as a responsible father for how long do you think your child should wait for you to pay his /her school fees, eternity? or if your child have to wait for complete 4 good years without fulfilling your words, are you not indirectly saying your child should forget about education?
Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by Nobody: 6:30am On Sep 11, 2013
safarigirl: Her kids are Harvard graduates, she's a Harvard graduate with no idea what it's like to be a student in Nigeria, why should she care? One can only be sensitive to a personal experience (even Jonah wey be lecturer before no send talk less Iweala). Please naija students, in your next life, pray to go to a family wealthy enough to send you to a foreign or at least private school.

whick kyn prayer b dat? ah go pray make God no land me for 9ja again
Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by JosephCudjoe(m): 7:12am On Sep 11, 2013
safarigirl: Her kids are Harvard graduates, she's a Harvard graduate with no idea what it's like to be a student in Nigeria, why should she care? One can only be sensitive to a personal experience (even Jonah wey be lecturer before no send talk less Iweala). Please naija students, in your next life, pray to go to a family wealthy enough to send you to a foreign or at least private school.
U wrong,it shud b in our next life,our current family shud be wealthy enof to take us 2 Harvard,nd not blonging 2 anoda family because of wealth:-)
Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by olaniyanibukun0: 7:20am On Sep 11, 2013
oxford: ASSU is just an as$ h0le.

Government have demostrated good faith in the negotiation by puting N130 billions on the table, why not return the good gestures back by showing some patrotism?

And please if you want senators salary, resign and contest. If you think you are better in formulating government policies, resign and join politics.

But the bottom line is even this: Nigerian lecturers are more corrupt than the politicians they are trying to paint black.

Who among them doesnt sell ''Copy and paste'' hand outs?

how many of them doesnt give out marks to female students for a night out?

how many of them even got the job on merit?

How many of them can defend their qualifications?

How many times to they report for their duties?

How many researches have they conducted?

What is the quality of their products?

Abeg, Leave mata for mathias.

Hmm........ In White House...... OAU......... YOU WILL FIND OUT ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS...... AND THEN YOU WILL BE SPECIFIC ABOUT SCHOOLS WHEN ASKING SUCH QUESTIONS
Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by chidinwachukwu(m): 7:22am On Sep 11, 2013
Its so unfortunate,that the Leaders trying to make the country a giant in year 2020,does not know that Quality education and research from these higher Institutions are the key to Its attainment.May God Help us
Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by olaniyanibukun0: 7:26am On Sep 11, 2013
SPIDER90:
There is no problem with NOI, ASUU should not blackmail her for she is doing what a right thinking administrator should do.
So because ASUU has made their demand nobody has a right to checkmate them? So govt should just deep hand to her pocket and dole out money to them as they want, what should workers in health sector do? they too will demand for 30% of the budget.
This is not a matter of papa and pikin, it is employer and employees issue, if you are not pleased with what your employer is paying you, simply resign and find something else to do. How many of them are employable outside the shore of Nigeria.
Govt has shown enough goodwill by releasing N130 billion. There is nothing wrong if govt change her mind concerning the earlier agreement, it happen in other climes. Moreover, we cant say govt willingly sign the agreement, to me it can be said it was signed under duress(during strike action like this).
So, if they are tired of teaching, they should simply resign and join politics and earn mega pay like polithiefians they have been envying.
Under duress or not....... Once your signature is stamped....... To go back........... Ask Gowon and Ojukwu how far a signature can go even when gownon sad he didn't understand what he signed

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by geeworld1(m): 8:07am On Sep 11, 2013
Fynestboi:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/09/okonjo-iweala-blackmailing-nigerians-on-ASUU-strike-akpatason/

Look let's face it, the true is dat all my screeming n anger won't resolve any tin @ all... N its also high we stop usin the word GOD will help us, yes he will help us.... But we students nid T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ act.....mayb wen we protest Ά̲̣̣̣̥п̥̥̲̣̣̣̥D block all the road leading T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ THE PRESEDENTIAL VILLA no doubt they will listen T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ us
Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by febbymi: 8:10am On Sep 11, 2013
SPIDER90:
Oga i disagree wiv u abeg, Ngozi runs dis country like its some textbook and with all her havard crap u wud assume she understands that books only lay a theoretical foundation, what happens in the real world is so different especially nigeria.
The edu sector is in disarray, but open a national daily and the only thing u see is' PDP this or APC that'.
Everybody has their problems, but i dont c anything wrong in holding some1 to the terms of an agreement especially one that acts in bad faith as the f.g
Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by febbymi: 8:16am On Sep 11, 2013
geeworld1:

Look let's face it, the true is dat all my screeming n anger won't resolve any tin @ all... N its also high we stop usin the word GOD will help us, yes he will help us.... But we students nid T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ act.....mayb wen we protest Ά̲̣̣̣̥п̥̥̲̣̣̣̥D block all the road leading T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ THE PRESEDENTIAL VILLA no doubt they will listen T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ us
I think u watch too much satellite tv, stuffs like dat dont work here in our great country. With the current political situation in the country, odds are that any protest/rally could be taken over by thugs(afterall its not written on ur head that ur a student) and then u get ur butt kicked by mobile policemen
Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by adconline(m): 8:20am On Sep 11, 2013
salex66: God will help us in this country.I don't know why our government is so insensitive to education sector.
God will not help Nigeria until Nigerians want to help themselves
Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by Joshuahunpe(m): 9:46am On Sep 11, 2013
hmmmmmm!!!!!! Who send us na? Is cus our parent don't get money? If not i would hv go atleast Houdegbe North American University Cotonou Benin. Anyway all remain on d hand of God, let's keep praying!!!lol
Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by Joshuahunpe(m): 9:51am On Sep 11, 2013
hmmmmmmmm!! Who send us now? Abi cus our parent dont get money? If not i would hv go atleast Houdegbe North American University Cotonou Benin republique......keep praying.......lol.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by email1(m): 9:59am On Sep 11, 2013
Why do we allow ourselves to be lied to by hypocrites. The said man is also in govt and now wants to look good before citizens.

Pure thrash
Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by texazzpete(m): 10:38am On Sep 11, 2013
oxford:

i dont argue with f00ls. If you know how long have being done with and dusted the university system, u wont called me a cultist. And you analysis is a shame

Brilliant!

So it's easy for you to generalize and say all lecturers are handout sellers and all molest their students....yet when its applied to you (many students are cultists so therefore oxford MUST be a cultist...or must have been when he was a student) you start whining!

I trust you have gained some education from this. No need to thank me.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by texazzpete(m): 10:41am On Sep 11, 2013
oxford:

Shut up my friend/ How are they being cheated?
Was their remuneration not stated in their letter of appointment? Why did they accept the offer?
Wage increment is a subject of negotiation and not by arm twisting and propaganda.

Now you're just showing how incredibly daft you are. ASUU is on strike because of non-implementation of a NEGOTIATED AGREEMENT. Since they have gotten a negotiated wage increment, why are you now suddenly against them protesting that that increment has not been put in place?

You need to go back to school...your poor power of analysis is why ASUU is fighting now. You are already a lost cause...but there are hundreds of thousands of students that may yet be saved from your level of inanity.
Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by Nobody: 11:57am On Sep 11, 2013
Fynestboi:
"...Dr. Okonjo-Iweala is known for coming up with statements about inadequacy of funds but yet the entire revenue gates in the country are performing above estimation; customs, oil and gas industry, immigration, they are all doing well beyond what was anticipated, yet Okonjo- Iweala keeps deceiving Nigerians and the whole world that Nigeria does not have money. What are they doing with all our money?”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/09/okonjo-iweala-blackmailing-nigerians-on-ASUU-strike-akpatason/
Haba! what kind of question is this? Don't you know 2015 is around the corner and GEJ needs to save to win the elections? By the way, is it not economic wise for her to own her private jet since everyone is owning one too? Joor ooo!!! Abi kini ogbeni ni yi so na? angry .... cheesy cheesy grin grin

Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by horllybabe(f): 12:23pm On Sep 11, 2013
Sir Cee: How can she be sensetive when they are paying her in Dollars and
her children are schooling in the best universities in the world.
My thought exactly
Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by rebirthto: 1:25pm On Sep 11, 2013
for all I knw she is a very selfish woman and I guess it runs in the family,do u guys knw that her village has been in total darkness for more than 2 years now and she has done little or nothing about it wat a woman,will u say u hv smone like that and u are still living in such state they claim.royals my foot
Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by Edusouls(m): 3:22pm On Sep 11, 2013
Brainless nigerians, a country with corrupt goverment with also more corrupt populace, u ignorant fools are blaming okonjo iweala blindly, a woman of such quality manging our finance, so well, just because she didnt release 90 billion for our so called vry corrupt lecturers, researchless proffessors, very greedy and pot belly academic staffs, what have these ASUU, contributed to our university education? go to other world universities and see hw researches go on and findings re made. Here they re only ranting 4 strikes for funds, they re tired and incompetent for work! They should go on, more over check world first 5000 universities if u will smell any of our university. nigerian universities re dead anyway and they re the cause not the goverment, so let no fool open his or her mouth to talk nonsense about of this efficient woman we luckily got...

1 Like

Re: Okonjo-iweala Is Insensitive To The Plight Of Students - Akpatason by chinedumije: 8:42pm On Sep 11, 2013
Nigeria is in a mess. This politicians all have their hands in this shit, elbow deep. So I don't trust even the one calling another names. The citizenry are simply pawns in their frenzied grapple for power. Anyway, democracy is all sails and no rudder

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UNN Cancels Post Utme Exams! / What Is The Full Form Of SIR? / Civil Defence Arrest 4 Cyber Cafe Owners Selling Fake JAMB Forms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.