Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,137 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

Misunderstanding Last Night ! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Misunderstanding Last Night ! (1054 Views)

Why DO Men Refuse Food When They Have Misunderstanding With Their Wife/partner / Must There Be A Fight/misunderstanding In A Marriage? / Pls Help My Husband Always Report Any Little Misunderstanding We Have To His Mum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Misunderstanding Last Night ! by fulldepth(m): 10:46am On Jun 18, 2008
hi all, i really dont know why im starting this thread but somehow i feel there are still some matured minds here in nairaland.
the issue is that i kinda had a little misunderstanding at home last-nite with my mum and my younger sis.
my younger sis annoyed me and my mum tried to intervene which made me turn to her too. i've got just one sister and i have never been annoyed with her before not untill last nite.
i was so mad i threw my handset at her but missed(happy for that) and it crashed on the wall.Mum could have stopped that from happening but did nothin at first until i flared up(well she kinda loves her). i yelled at mum too when she approached me, then i went straight into my room. now she left for work this morning seizing my 2 phones. she's really really upset .but what annoyes me is that Mum said so many things that really got at me this morning when i went to her office, so many, and that makes me mad !
im not currently with my dad.
please i wont take any insults from anyone.
Re: Misunderstanding Last Night ! by skyline(f): 11:29am On Jun 18, 2008
I am not going to condem your act, neither will i any of your those involved (your mum and sister).

whatever happened i'm sure you all will get over it.

There is no family that does not have misunderstanding.

My candid advise is that you should not dwell so mucch in your anger or in whatever your mum told you.

The fact is that she still remains your mum and your sis remains your sis.

You have already said you love this sister of yours so much, I advice that this will not make you stop loving her.

Try to subdue your pains and may be make them reason with you over what caused the misunderstanding, although you did not state what it was.

When they are both back home, try and create a friendly environment and i believe from there things will go back to normal.

Cheer up my Brother!
Re: Misunderstanding Last Night ! by fulldepth(m): 12:02pm On Jun 18, 2008
@skyline
sister, u the best.
believe me i never tthot i would recieve replies as this, u simply matured in ur reasoning.
ur words sunk deep down in2 me. thanks a mill'
Re: Misunderstanding Last Night ! by olanajim(m): 12:42pm On Jun 18, 2008
I can give you advice, but that advice would be shallow for as long as I had no idea what actually transpired.

To be honest with you we all have issues with our parents at one time of the other. At the heart of your own are issues which are deeper than you put them.

You don't wake up and decided to have issue with your sister. Your mum didn't just wake up and think your sister was right. Something must have happened.

To condemn you is to show my own ignorance. To side you is to radiate my lack of wisdom. Therefore, I will do neither.

You have shown by your post that you are a good fellow. My questions are:
1. What actually lead to the conflict with your sister? I imagined, she is older than you.

2. Was you mum around when it happened, or she met you two in the drama? Did she asked for explanation? What was her reaction when you attacked her too?

3. Why did you think your mum loves your sister more than you? What motivated that thought?

4. What do you want to do? And what do you want us to do?
Re: Misunderstanding Last Night ! by CrazyMan(m): 1:11pm On Jun 18, 2008
Well every human get angry once in a while; but if you ask me, I would say you over reacted.

There is still room for reconciliation; just go to your mum and your younger sister and apologize to them; there’s not need keeping malice with people living in the same house with you; it makes no sense.

Apologize to them and move on with your life.

Good luck!
Re: Misunderstanding Last Night ! by fulldepth(m): 2:10pm On Jun 18, 2008
guys u are all great, but u knw it aint so easy trying to apologize to them
1st, they are women and secondly, she is my younger sister.
but i want love to rain still, but i still feel they ought to be the ones to apologize to me? maybe i owe my mum some apologies but not my sis.
Re: Misunderstanding Last Night ! by olanajim(m): 2:59pm On Jun 18, 2008
Then you have to answer my questions before I can advise.
Re: Misunderstanding Last Night ! by fulldepth(m): 5:22pm On Jun 18, 2008
olanajim:

Then you have to answer my questions before I can advise.
men ur questions were quite much thats y i didnt answer, but for ur concern i will answer.
Ma mum met us in it, and she tried to intervene by asking and sfter hearing from my sis she kept quiet.me and my sis had some lill' misunderstandin and thats all,
Re: Misunderstanding Last Night ! by olanajim(m): 7:23pm On Jun 18, 2008
I know the questions are too much. You cannot expect anybody who is not present at the scene of conflict to judge others or mediate.

What would happen is that there would miscarriage of justice.

No matter what happen, we humans have a way of making every situation swing in our path. If your sister were to be here, she would tell us only things that would make her the innocent party. Same with your mum.

I have learn never to listen to one side of any conflict without wearing my thinking Cap,

Now, let assume that all are the way you have presented them. you would have to first and foremost go to your mother and apologise sincerely to her. she is your mother, no matter what your sister have done to your, she would not come to her knee to beg you, if she does, then you are wrong.

Make the initiative and beg your mother. wWhen she had relaxed, you can then opresent your case to her. Whe you acted the way you did.

Make it clkear to her that as the elder, she is making you feel inferior to your sister and indulging her by taking side with her. You cannot beg your junior sister, but you can at least beg your mum.

Thereafter, lt your mum do the dirty job of talking to your sister. Evrty god mother know that is their job to foster atmosphere if peace among their children. Your mum should not be an exception.

After this, you must try to avoid picking up issue with your junior sister. It is wrong. There is a element of envy in your words. I am sorry I have to say it. Your saying that:

full depth:

.Mum could have stopped that from happening but did nothin at first until i flared up(well she kind of loves her). i yelled at mum too when she approached me, then i went straight into my room.

to me indicated that you felt your mother loves the younbger sister more than you. That may partly be reason why you are so angry at her reaction.

now she left for work this morning seizing my 2 phones. she's really really upset .but what annoyes me is that Mum said so many things that really got at me this morning when i went to her office, so many, and that makes me mad !

Finally, try not to be possesed by anger anywhere agin. You have to show your strenght by being calme in difficult situations. Always think first before you act,

Since I have no more information, that is okay for me, it is a family affair,

To your progress!

(1) (Reply)

Man Enough / Man In Prison For Impregnating 13-yr-old Sister / Names And Contact Of National Courier Companies In Ghana,south Africa,kenya ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.