Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:18 PM

Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open (26928 Views)

UNILAG Part-time Form For 2015/2016 Academic Session Now Available !!! / Commonwealth Scholarship 2013/2014 / How To Apply For Commonwealth Scholarship As A Nigerian Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by Nobody: 11:39am On Dec 24, 2013
Nawa ooo, from what I read here, seems only steve was nominated, not happy at all..anyway, I believe opportunities still abound elsewhere...goodluck to y'all....

@steve, pls don't hesitate to update the house on any further development..
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by adonisvg(m): 6:47pm On Dec 28, 2013
SSGUniport: NIGERIA Federal Scholarships Board has recently considered your application for a Commonwealth Scholarship Commission award in the UK. The Agency is sorry to inform you that you have not been successful. Unfortunately it has not been possible for the Agency to nominate for the next stage of the competition all the good applications it received.

This is an automated email. Please ignore if you have been informed by your Nominating Agency that you have been nominated to CSC for consideration of a Commonwealth Scholarship or Fellowship.
From; commonwealthscholarshipcommission@cscuk.org.uk
Please Did Anyone Get A Different Message? All My Friends Claim To Have Received The Same Mail. Good Morning House.
yeah, i got this mail but i didnt go for the interview...i realised nysc cert was needed and i had alrdy submitted my application....
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by stevetom: 2:36am On Dec 30, 2013
I will do that by the grace of God. It is only God that can help us.
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by Amdan: 8:17am On Oct 07, 2014
Any news on the 2015/2016 interview date?
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by Anyi3(m): 11:13am On Oct 07, 2014
Amdan:
Any news on the 2015/2016 interview date?

Have you applied?

1 Like

Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by Amdan: 4:25pm On Oct 07, 2014
In the process. Just want to know when the interview will be so I can plan ahead of time.
Anyi3:

Have you applied?
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by Nobody: 4:03pm On Nov 10, 2014
Anyi3:

Have you applied?
here we are again, done with your application?

@adonisvg, xup? have you applied?
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by Anyi3(m): 5:43pm On Nov 10, 2014
vivichocs:
here we are again, done with your application?

@adonisvg, xup? have you applied?

hey long time. Is FSB now accepting the scholarship application?

Are you an engineering student?
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by usmanshehuabubakar: 8:33pm On Nov 14, 2014
Pls house does anyone has an idea of 2015/2016 commonwealth scholarship interview date.For 2014 selection , Pls shared any info if u hav any idea
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by Nobody: 4:09pm On Nov 16, 2014
Anyi3:

hey long time. Is FSB now accepting the scholarship application?

Are you an engineering student?
From their website, No..

Nope but going for an engineering course
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by iyelola: 11:04pm On Nov 23, 2014
The Federal Scholarship board still havent announced the dates for the commonwealth scholarship application dates undecided
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by Goskian(m): 3:47pm On Nov 24, 2014
accreditation and Interviews start by 1st December. Deadline for Nigerian applicants is today (24th November). Hurry while the offer lasts.
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by Goskian(m): 3:49pm On Nov 24, 2014
Anybody with the advertised interview schedule should please paste it here. Thanks.
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by Amdan: 9:47pm On Nov 24, 2014
The EAS website says application deadline is 03 december. where did u hear today?
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by emytade: 5:36pm On Nov 29, 2014
Pls is it compulsory to have received an offer of admission to a UK university before I go for the interview? What if I've only started the application process for the school?
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by iyelola: 9:28pm On Nov 30, 2014
Does anyone have the newspaper post about the interview please?
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by Nobody: 10:50pm On Nov 30, 2014
Goskian:
accreditation and Interviews start by 1st December. Deadline for Nigerian applicants is today (24th November). Hurry while the offer lasts.
Can you post the full interview schedule? ? Got a mail from them fem mins ago for the interview this week but it was not detailed rather I was directed to check sun newspaper..

Nigeria is just a joke, sending me email for an interview few hrs before the interview as if I will fly to Abj, mtcheeeeww. ... I'm very far away from Abj

1 Like

Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by Nobody: 11:01pm On Nov 30, 2014
Anyi3:

its dry because the OP and I are still serving and so did not apply and so wish you guys well and so are busy preparing for next year and so ...
hey, did you receive the email and are you attending?
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by ttmacoy: 11:05pm On Nov 30, 2014
Nigeria is a shit country that does everything to frustrate it's citizens.

Shit shit shit country
Commonwealth scholarship which foreign body wants to give your citizens to better their lives you frustrate them for what?

Sending email for interview hours before the interviews. Is this because they have already allocated the scholarships amongst their people?

So pissed with the crap attitude. Selfish inch of people. Why does everything have to be so difficult and stressful in Nigeria? Poor people who applied getting email hours before and start stressing on how to get there, and worse you go through thick and thin to get there and they have already allocated to their people. Arrrgghhhhhhh

I did not apply for the scholarship, but know people who did and it just infuriates me

1 Like

Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by ttmacoy: 11:07pm On Nov 30, 2014
Tell me about it. Why does everything have to be so stressful? And annoying thing is the email then refers to you a newspaper advert a few days
What the he'll? Giant of Africa can't send a details in the email? They have to send you email to look for newspaper advert a few days ago??

vivichocs:
Can you post the full interview schedule? ? Got a mail from them fem mins ago for the interview this week but it was not detailed rather I was directed to check sun newspaper..

Nigeria is just a joke, sending me email for an interview few hrs before the interview as if I will fly to Abj, mtcheeeeww. ... I'm very far away from Abj
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by Nobody: 11:35pm On Nov 30, 2014
ttmacoy:
Tell me about it. Why does everything have to be so stressful? And annoying thing is the email then refers to you a newspaper advert a few days
What the he'll? Giant of Africa can't send a details in the email? They have to send you email to look for newspaper advert a few days ago??

So annoying. .. Guess they have taken all the slots and only want to call for interviews for formality sake cos if not I see no reason inviting candidates just few hrs before interview.... They couldnt even provide details too despite the short notice...Nigeria is in a mess..

Can't make it anyway, havent even seen the details....Goodluck to those attending. .. was the mail sent to everyone or people were shortlisted?
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by callmeblessed: 11:44pm On Nov 30, 2014
I got the invite too tonight. There is no way I can leave where I am now with this short notice. God help us sad
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by IlorinBoy1: 11:46pm On Nov 30, 2014
Nigeria!!!! smh. There are no details on even that crap they call 'website'. From the advert of the LAST EDITION:

2. Candidates are in addition required to come along with all the following documents for acceleration:-

(i) Four (4) hard copies of EAS forms

(ii) All original credentials and four photocopies

(iii) Evidence of offer of admission in at least one (1) UK institution

(iv) Evidence of submission of three (3) referee reports

(v) Evidence of submission of academic transcripts

(vi) Original NYSC discharge/exemption certificate

(vii) Two (2) passport photographs

(viii) Medicine certificate of fitness including T.B free certificate

obtained from a Teaching Hospital, National Hospital, Abuja
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by IlorinBoy1: 11:50pm On Nov 30, 2014
That's from last year, I'm guessing they will just change the dates and re-publish it. I know Nigerians.

Since Monday is just formal opening ceremony, if it's not more than a day's journey from where you are and you have the money, you may try your luck and attend. Remember that you MAY be awarded the scholarship if you attend, but you definitely CAN'T be awarded the scholarship if you don't attend.
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by Nobody: 7:12am On Dec 01, 2014
Got the mail too... quite impromptu. .. have seen the details... south east will have accreditation tomorrow, then interview on wed.... Want to take flight to and fro. ..

I have no medical fitness document and just have one reference submitted so far...will I be accredited?

please, should I chill?? I no wan waste my hard earned cash and time also..is it worth all the stress? ?
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by Emasel(m): 7:25am On Dec 01, 2014
MarvellousGod:
Got the mail too... quite impromptu. .. have seen the details... south east will have accreditation tomorrow, then interview on wed.... Want to take flight to and fro. ..

I have no medical fitness document and just have one reference submitted so far...will I be accredited?

please, should I chill?? I no wan waste my hard earned cash and time also..is it worth all the stress? ?

Not to discourage u ma'am,but CFSP is mainly awarded to First Class graduates and Lecturers,you could apply for CSS.
Goodluck.
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by IlorinBoy1: 7:32am On Dec 01, 2014
when is north central accreditation please
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by adoleval: 8:17am On Dec 01, 2014
IlorinBoy1:
when is north central accreditation please
Any info about North central?
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by Anyi3(m): 8:18am On Dec 01, 2014
vivichocs:
hey, did you receive the email and are you attending?

Nope I didn't apply, I'm focusing on some other endeavours for now. Just read posts on this thread, I heard the organisation was crappy. So you still attending?
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by Nobody: 8:29am On Dec 01, 2014
Emasel:

Not to discourage u ma'am,but CFSP is mainly awarded to First Class graduates and Lecturers,you could apply for CSS.
Goodluck.
I'm only considering giving it a chance because someone told me that my Imperial admission will give me an edge and I deferred it from this session to nxt session cos of financial incapabilities...

Still contemplating though cos attending it will incur me alot of charges, time and I'm not even ready for the interview. ..

Before the end of today, I will arrive at a decision. .. God help me
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by ayenko: 8:58am On Dec 01, 2014
Pls when is south west's accreditation. I just flew in now. Av'nt seen d time table yet.
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by Nobody: 9:05am On Dec 01, 2014
ayenko:
Pls when is south west's accreditation. I just flew in now. Av'nt seen d time table yet.
Accreditation is today, interview, tomorrow. . Please do tell me how the accreditation goes... Also, do you have a first class and do you think the process is transparent?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rioting Students In Kano Destroy School Properties (Photos) / Babcock Student Loses Family Members In Car Accident On Graduation Day / 9 Types Of Invigilators You Meet In The Exam Hall.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.