Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open (26942 Views)

UNILAG Part-time Form For 2015/2016 Academic Session Now Available !!! / Commonwealth Scholarship 2013/2014 / How To Apply For Commonwealth Scholarship As A Nigerian Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by Omaobe: 12:01pm On Dec 03, 2013
Why is this thread so dry and dull? Let's liven it up by posting updates abt d scholarship. I was told by som1 d interview result may b out today. All d best to us all as we wait to receive d good news.
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by Anyi3(m): 1:13pm On Dec 03, 2013
Omaobe: Why is this thread so dry and dull? Let's liven it up by posting updates abt d scholarship. I was told by som1 d interview result may b out today. All d best to us all as we wait to receive d good news.
its dry because the OP and I are still serving and so did not apply and so wish you guys well and so are busy preparing for next year and so ...
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by danieee(m): 9:40pm On Dec 03, 2013
i attended the interview. So far so good, no news from commonwealth commission or scholarship board. I guess they are carrying out the selection process for the nominees. Any other person who attended should contribute.
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by adonisvg(m): 9:51pm On Dec 03, 2013
danieee: i attended the interview. So far so good, no news from commonwealth commission or scholarship board. I guess they are carrying out the selection process for the nominees. Any other person who attended should contribute.
how was the interview....the sort of questions asked and anythng worth knwing....i applied bt realised i needed nysc cert so i skipped the interview. I'm currently serving.
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by danieee(m): 11:53am On Dec 04, 2013
we did documentation on the specified day, and were grouped into panels from 1 to 8 or so. Each panel representing a different course area namely Engineering, applied sciences, social sciences, education etc. can't remember all.

Those in the social sciences got many questions from current affairs. Stuff like, names of G8 leaders and their respective countries, names of Governors and of the ministers in Nigeria, and questions from african states like Angolan president etc etc.

i was asked what my extracurricular activities are, what I intend to study, what I hope to learn from what I study, what I would be able to achieve with the new skills learnt, was also asked to define power in terms of Current and voltage, and finally I was asked what a Thermistor does in a circuit.

Scoring was partly based on availability of the said credentials, and it was like a group interview. 3 professors, 3 candidates, while you are showing your docs to one, another one is asking you questions, and then, the next continues. So in the end, all three interviewers assessed each of us.

1 Like

Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by iwedimarshal: 2:18am On Dec 05, 2013
i went for the interview in abj wz interviewd by panel 6, if one scales tru, i hrd u hv to present evidence of language proficiency, pls wots ds evidence all abt
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by danieee(m): 9:14am On Dec 05, 2013
iwedimarshal: i went for the interview in abj wz interviewd by panel 6, if one scales tru, i hrd u hv to present evidence of language proficiency, pls wots ds evidence all abt

that's TOEFL or IELTS score sheet. I thought this was optional and not compulsory. I read on the commonwealth website that candidates nominated "may be" required to provide evidence of english language proficiency, but not that it was compulsory. My friend who got nominated for this year, didn't do either TOEFL OR IELTS.
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by Nobody: 6:42pm On Dec 07, 2013
It's been a while, I really do wish you guys the best... smiley
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by stevetom: 4:40pm On Dec 09, 2013
i was contacted via call and text message to send the original copy of my transcript. Did anybody get this?
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by Ahmeen: 9:28am On Dec 10, 2013
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by iwedimarshal: 6:26am On Dec 11, 2013
[quote
author=stevetom]i was contacted via call and text message to send the
original copy of my transcript. Did anybody get this? pls is it commonwealth commission dat called or ur institution of study askd for transcript
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by iwedimarshal: 6:31am On Dec 11, 2013
@stevetom whch of d panel interviewd u n whch of the region or state do u come from, wots ur course of study ova der n d questions u wia hammered durin ds process? ur respons lik keep d trend alive
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by stevetom: 4:46pm On Dec 11, 2013
I was contacted by federal scholarship board. i studied chemical Engineering and I am from Edo state. South south region.
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by stevetom: 4:50pm On Dec 11, 2013
I intend to study advanced chemical Engineering and the questions I was asked where about what I intend to study and I was also asked current affairs questions. I just wanted to know if any other person was asked to send original copy of their transcript. I have sent them the transcript. It is well God will help us all.
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by Nobody: 10:01am On Dec 12, 2013
@ steve, I'm so happy for you because I know the request for your transcript must be for a positive reason, congratulations... we need more testimonies in the house cheesy cheesy

Also, enrich us with any details that will help us prepare well for next year( for those of us applying next year)..thanks
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by stevetom: 4:48pm On Dec 12, 2013
Let us just keep praying to God for the best. For common wealth just prepare well for current affairs and read your personal statement well, what u studied in your undegraduate and pray well to God.
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by Nobody: 9:29pm On Dec 12, 2013
stevetom: Let us just keep praying to God for the best. For common wealth just prepare well for current affairs and read your personal statement well, what u studied in your undegraduate and pray well to God.
I sent you an anonymous mail, pls reply..I have got a few questions to ask you if you don't mind as the course you want to study is related to mine..
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by stevetom: 8:03am On Dec 13, 2013
@vivichos good morning, I have replied your mail, you can send any other question you have to that mail. God bless you.
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by adonisvg(m): 11:09am On Dec 15, 2013
More testimoneis in the house, pls....God bless y'all wif resonating success.....i'm really wif all these news.
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by stevetom: 12:24am On Dec 16, 2013
Amen it is well. We need to keep praying till we get the best.
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by colonel20: 7:11am On Dec 17, 2013
^^^Congrats Steve. Ur miracle shall be ours too.

@vivichocs, I'm currently serving too(13A). I think we have related field-engineering. I'll like to share ur vast knowledge. Can't send yu a mail.. Reach me here... Tnx
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by nmezi1: 8:12am On Dec 17, 2013
Now am having shaky legs, but in any case I'm still optimistic but congratulations Steve, Hope to also here from them soonest. But @ Steve what did u apply for PhD or MSc and what was your first degree grade !st class or 2.1?
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by stevetom: 8:28am On Dec 17, 2013
Good morning everybody, I only told you guys that I was asked to come and submit my original transcript i did not say I have been given the award. I applied for masters and I graduated with a first class honors in my undergraduate. The Lord will help us, we will all get the best in Jesus name God bless you all.
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by Nobody: 6:56am On Dec 18, 2013
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by iwedimarshal: 8:38am On Dec 18, 2013
i receive same mail this morning
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by steena: 8:43am On Dec 18, 2013
I received same mail this morning. I'm
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by Nobody: 9:14am On Dec 18, 2013
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by Ahmeen: 10:09am On Dec 18, 2013
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by danieee(m): 9:11am On Dec 19, 2013
I received the same mail yesterday. A friend of mine received too.

According to the official timetable on the commonwealth website, the nominations from Nigeria should have been sent by the 17th of December. So I think the nominations have been made.

The last part of the mail suggests that it 'may' be a general mail sent to all of us, but then it may just be to those of us who were not successful.

However, let's keep our fingers crossed.
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by Omaobe: 6:36am On Dec 20, 2013
According to a friend dat won last year, it's all over if u were never contacted to send ur original transcript b4 d receipt of unsuccessful email. Those earlier contacted by fsb were dose nominated and dey too must av received d unsuccessful email. That is why d email reads dey sud disregard it.

Dose of us not nominated, let's 4get dis and hope for d best elswhere. All d best to dose nominated and I wish dem success in d next stage which is actual selection.

Best of luck to us all!
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by danieee(m): 10:15pm On Dec 23, 2013
Omaobe: According to a friend dat won last year, it's all over if u were never contacted to send ur original transcript b4 d receipt of unsuccessful email. Those earlier contacted by fsb were dose nominated and dey too must av received d unsuccessful email. That is why d email reads dey sud disregard it.

Dose of us not nominated, let's 4get dis and hope for d best elswhere. All d best to dose nominated and I wish dem success in d next stage which is actual selection.

Best of luck to us all!

Thanks for the heads-up. Success to those of you who were nominated.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Let's Know The English Names / Babcock Student Loses Family Members In Car Accident On Graduation Day / Please How Do I Download Paid Pdf Files Online For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.