Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open (26948 Views)

UNILAG Part-time Form For 2015/2016 Academic Session Now Available !!! / Commonwealth Scholarship 2013/2014 / How To Apply For Commonwealth Scholarship As A Nigerian Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by SolutionsGuy: 12:57pm On Nov 10, 2013
SegunMike: Please from the notice of interview date and timetable for candidates of commonwealth scholarship posted on wednesday's punch paper, among the 8 docs to bring along, i need more clarification on these:
1-Original credentials and photocopy (what are d credentials?)
2-Evidence of submission of 3 referee report..........
3-Evidence of submission of academic transcript.......??

thanks

Can someone pls paste the interview date and timetable . . . thanks.
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by stevetom: 9:53am On Nov 12, 2013
please can anybody inform me when the oral interview will take place and what date of punch can i check
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by Mbkite(m): 11:11am On Nov 12, 2013
Pls somebody should give us the full details of the interview. The date, venue, time etc. Thanks
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by Nobody: 9:30pm On Nov 12, 2013
If you have d timetable, pls paste it for the benefit of those in need of it here..if I happen to get it, I ll paste It guys...
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by SegunMike(m): 3:15am On Nov 13, 2013
vivichocs: 1. Go with all your credentials since none was mentioned. .
2.i learnt from someone that wht is needed is the page where you were told during ur application, referees submitted..or that page where you included your referees.......same applies to no 3

ok....thanks, though i am yet to fill that portion, but i will take note
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by SegunMike(m): 3:21am On Nov 13, 2013
vivichocs: If you have d timetable, pls paste it for the benefit of those in need of it here..if I happen to get it, I ll paste It guys...

@vivichocs,mbkite,stevetom,solutions Guy......sorry i am just reading d thread.....here is d detail of d interview:

2014/2015 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP AND FELLOWSHIP PLAN (CSFP) SELECTION INTERVIEW,

25TH – 29TH NOVEMBER 2013

NOTICE OF INTERVIEW DATE AND TIME TABLE FOR CANDIDATES

The Federal Scholarship Board invites all candidates who had successfully completed the Electronic Application System (EAS) forms, and fulfilled all necessary requirements as earlier stipulated to attend an interview as per the interview schedule below. The deadline for the completion of EAS form is 20th November, 2013.

2. Candidates are in addition required to come along with all the following documents for acceleration:-

(i) Four (4) hard copies of EAS forms

(ii) All original credentials and four photocopies

(iii) Evidence of offer of admission in at least one (1) UK institution

(iv) Evidence of submission of three (3) referee reports

(v) Evidence of submission of academic transcripts

(vi) Original NYSC discharge/exemption certificate

(vii) Two (2) passport photographs

(viii) Medicine certificate of fitness including T.B free certificate

obtained from a Teaching Hospital, National Hospital, Abuja

3. Candidates without any of the requirements as in paragraph 2 above will not be accredited for the interview.

4. Detail of interview timetable

Date

Schedule

Geo-Political Zones

Monday, 25th November 2013

(a) Opening ceremony
10.30am-12noon

To be declared open by the Honourable Minister of Education with Panelists and invited stakeholders in attendance
(b) Accreditation of Candidates All candidates (Masters & Doctoral) from the North East and South West

Tuesday, 26th November 2013

(a) Interview Day All candidates (Masters & Doctoral)
from the North East and South West

(b) Accreditation of Candidates All candidates (Masters & Doctoral)
from the South East and North Central

Wednesday, 27th November 2013

a) Interview Day All candidates (Masters & Doctoral)
from the South East and North Central

(b) Accreditation of Candidates All candidates (Masters & Doctoral)
from the South South and North West

Thursday, 28th November 2013

a) Interview Day All candidates (Masters & Doctoral)
from the South South and North West

(b) Collation of scores By the Committee Panelists

Friday, 29th November 2013

Submission of reports and closing To be conducted by the Director/Secretary, Federal Scholarship Board with invited stakeholders in attendance

5. (i) Opening session- Federal Ministry of Education, Podium Hall, 2nd floor, Federal Secretariat, Phase III, Abuja

(ii) Interview session- Arewa suites and Hotel (Opposite Federal Scholarship Board), Abuja

6. No candidate on this approve schedule would be interviewed as spill over outside a particular date allotted to the geo-Political Zones.

7. For further requires should be made to the Director/Secretary, Federal Scholarship Board via fsbfsb2011@gmail.com or fsbfsb2011@yahoo.com or call 08059108898, 08188862281 and 07098201344

3 Likes

Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by Nobody: 7:29am On Nov 13, 2013
God bless you, segun..... I didn't apply cos of nysc cert , I was only trying to help those interested. .
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by jacoshirleya(f): 8:12am On Nov 13, 2013
thanks guys for this thread. Pls i need help, i have submitted my application and it was received but the pdf form i saved was blank except the first page that has my name. Did anyone else encounter this? Pls your reply will be appreciated.
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by stevetom: 1:07am On Nov 14, 2013
Thanks for pasting the relevant info about the interview. Please who knows the format og the interview?
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by stevetom: 1:26am On Nov 14, 2013
Please is there anybody with the information of how much it costs to get that medical fitness certificate
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by bisiboom: 3:53pm On Nov 15, 2013
Vivihocs, please can you put down a step by step breakdown on this application? I don't understand what's happening here. Where do I get the form to fill in? How will I send it to FSB? Please help me ASAP
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by SolutionsGuy: 4:25pm On Nov 15, 2013
Thanks SegunMike
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by adonisvg(m): 1:48pm On Nov 16, 2013
i just called my friend who left last year for U.K under this scholarship....he was like since i dnt hve my nysc cert, i shudnt b discouraged, rather apply to the schools, get the admission and den defer...apply again nxt yr and put in how u deferred ur admission for lack of funds...i swear i didnt knw nysc cert was required...
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by adonisvg(m): 1:56pm On Nov 16, 2013
jacoshirleya: thanks guys for this thread. Pls i need help, i have submitted my application and it was received but the pdf form i saved was blank except the first page that has my name. Did anyone else encounter this? Pls your reply will be appreciated.
bro, log on to ur portal and click on view form which on the extreme right of the page...it would load ur application...u can now print the page.
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by adonisvg(m): 2:00pm On Nov 16, 2013
bisiboom: Vivihocs, please can you put down a step by step breakdown on this application? I don't understand what's happening here. Where do I get the form to fill in? How will I send it to FSB? Please help me ASAP
follow the link vivichocs dropped, get to eas portal, create an account, and start ur application bt knw dat once u hve clicked on submit, d form is sent to fsb, den ur 3 referees wud receive a mail automatically, so tel dem to sit by der computers, cos if fsb doesnt receive the complete 3 refs nufn for u....it wud show der 0 of 3 received until it shows 3 of 3...
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by adonisvg(m): 2:04pm On Nov 16, 2013
stevetom: Thanks for pasting the relevant info about the interview. Please who knows the format og the interview?
know one or two things abt ur field of study, benefits of ur field of study to development, current affairs on world and locals front burner issues abt ur field, nt forgeting anythng u can lay ur hand on U.K...past prime ministers etc....so says my oga who left september dis yr via commonwealth scholarship
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by Nobody: 4:57pm On Nov 16, 2013
Thanks adonis for your great contributions....I gues he has answered all questions...

NYSC cert hindered my application too, we await next yr by God's grace...
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by adonisvg(m): 8:31pm On Nov 16, 2013
vivichocs: Thanks adonis for your great contributions....I gues he has answered all questions...

NYSC cert hindered my application too, we await next yr by God's grace...
by His grace...i'm still serving in delta state.
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by nmezi1: 12:49pm On Nov 17, 2013
Please guys, has anyone been seperately contacted for the interviews. Learnt the interview is slated to hold from the 25th through the 28th of Nov. Please feed me in
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by Nobody: 10:12pm On Nov 17, 2013
adonisvg: by His grace...i'm still serving in delta state.
good
nmezi1: Please guys, has anyone been seperately contacted for the interviews. Learnt the interview is slated to hold from the 25th through the 28th of Nov. Please feed me in
read above, you ll get all the info you seek....
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by Mbkite(m): 2:04pm On Nov 19, 2013
The interview date is at hand. Am really far from Abuja. Lets see how it goes.

1 Like

Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by danieee(m): 8:16pm On Nov 21, 2013
I am also far from there. But i'll try to make it to the interview. I have been able to get all the required docs. Wish everyone goodluck.
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by graitobby(m): 9:13pm On Nov 21, 2013
Thanks guys for the info. Quick question - resident doctors in UCH are in strike, will a medical report from a state hospital be accepted?
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by sam4jesuseva(m): 11:49pm On Nov 22, 2013
Pls I need reply urgently, I suppose to put federal scholarship board as my nominating agency but I chose my university and I have submitted the form before I got to know. Please how can I go about it... do I need to still attend the interview conducted by federal scholarship board. I need reply asap. Thanks
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by Nobody: 11:30am On Nov 23, 2013
graitobby: Thanks guys for the info. Quick question - resident doctors in UCH are in strike, will a medical report from a state hospital be accepted?
I wish I can give a concrete answer to your question. .but from what I got above, It must be gotten from a teaching hospital or national hospital Abj.
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by danieee(m): 9:44pm On Nov 23, 2013
graitobby: Thanks guys for the info. Quick question - resident doctors in UCH are in strike, will a medical report from a state hospital be accepted?

[quote author=vivichocs]I wish I can give a concrete answer to your question. .but from what I got above, It must be gotten from a teaching hospital or national hospital Abj.

@vivi, you are right. The original advert in the newspaper stated plainly that the medical certificate must be obtained from a University Teaching Hospital nationwide or National Hospital, Abuja.

@graitobby, what state are you in? Although resident doctors are on strike, Consultants still work. So do visit the teaching hospital where you are and try to see a consultant. That's what I did. wish you luck

1 Like

Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by nuelnuel: 1:37pm On Nov 24, 2013
Please I heard the T.b certificate takes three days and I can only go for the cert on Tuesday while my interview is on Wednesday.
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by Omaobe: 3:31pm On Nov 24, 2013
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by Omaobe: 3:36pm On Nov 24, 2013
Guys, u can get your Medical Certificate of Fitness from any registered hospital. It's not neccesarily from a Teaching Hospital. I got it from my University Clinic for d FSB BEA in March, even for dis cwealth too, and dey accepted it den. Wish all of us d very best.

1 Like

Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by Nobody: 10:28am On Nov 25, 2013
I wish those going for interview starting from today the very best...just be bold and know you have got what it takes....OUTSTANDING SUCCESS YOU ALL!!!! cool cool cheesy
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by danieee(m): 10:07pm On Nov 25, 2013
nuelnuel: Please I heard the T.b certificate takes three days and I can only go for the cert on Tuesday while my interview is on Wednesday.

It usually depends on how long it takes for the results of the tests which the doctor may ask you to take, to be ready. If you're lucky or if you have a doctor friend, you can just explain things to him/her, and they'll give you medical fitness cert on the spot for a fee.

@vivichocs, thanks for the good wishes. Jah bless.
Re: Commonwealth Scholarship For 2014 / 2015 Session Now Open by danieee(m): 8:06pm On Nov 26, 2013
hi guys, has anyone done the accreditation/interview yet? if yes, how was it? and does the accreditation take place in Arewa suites too? Please share if you have an answer. Thanks.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

9 Types Of Invigilators You Meet In The Exam Hall. / Please How Do I Download Paid Pdf Files Online For Free / Lady Graduates With A First Class In Engineering From UNIZIK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.