Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,672 members, 7,840,654 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

Nigeria To Replace South Africa In G20 As Economy Grows - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria To Replace South Africa In G20 As Economy Grows (17844 Views)

APC Loses Six Rep Seats In Lagos As Igbo Political Clout Grows. / Nazim Mimiko Nominated To Replace Jega From March 1, 2015 / Foreign Investors Pour Into Nigeria As Economy Accelerates (Updates) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Replace South Africa In G20 As Economy Grows by musiwa1j: 7:24am On Sep 12, 2013
that person lack the knowledge of nigeria. nigeria dont care to be part of G20. all they want is to break up nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Replace South Africa In G20 As Economy Grows by Nobody: 7:30am On Sep 12, 2013
if i hear! see how una dey reason and talk like stubborn he/she goats. this nigeria is not ready to belong to G20 even in the next 30 years because the religions, family, economy, society at large is intensely corrupt!!!!!!!!!! infact NNNNNOOOOoooooooooo HHHHHOOOOOoooopppppeee!!!!!! period.
Re: Nigeria To Replace South Africa In G20 As Economy Grows by Nobody: 7:32am On Sep 12, 2013
maxwello.yg:
If Nigeria joins the G20 Summit, it still does not guarantee food for the common man in Nigerian streets.

To add to ur post, why is it that we always read this garbage on news without seeing its effect on ground. At present, all the sectors of the economy are not working. The education, agriculture, transport, power etc. How did they come to this conclusion? smh!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Replace South Africa In G20 As Economy Grows by onyetunge: 7:37am On Sep 12, 2013
How will that reduce the inequality in this country.
Re: Nigeria To Replace South Africa In G20 As Economy Grows by justplainpaul(m): 7:38am On Sep 12, 2013
Pipsland78: GEJ is working, haters are hating. GEJ for 2015!!!
Who is gej? He is the number one Nigerian enemy.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Replace South Africa In G20 As Economy Grows by Nobody: 7:46am On Sep 12, 2013
Where is Ghana when u need her? cheesy
Re: Nigeria To Replace South Africa In G20 As Economy Grows by An0nimus: 7:47am On Sep 12, 2013
Vanityupnvanity: When i saw the thread i taught the replacement is with immediate effect. #hissse#
Its understandable seeing you 'taught' about it first.
Re: Nigeria To Replace South Africa In G20 As Economy Grows by ShineIt: 7:52am On Sep 12, 2013
Hater's are gonna hate.
But the world's gonna rate.
And we got a date.
GEJ till 2019.

Team (Fresh Air Tinz) #FAT#

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Replace South Africa In G20 As Economy Grows by chiefbatiatus(m): 7:58am On Sep 12, 2013
useless article, why not go to SA and see for yourself if we can match what they have in 50yrs of hard labor? my brothers economy is more than the volume of sales o, its just like the way people ignorantly compare china to america because china is selling more second-hand goods, the value of an economy ultimately comes to the quality of life enjoyed by its citizens. The infrastructure in South Africa will take Nigeria nothing LESS THAN 50 SERIOUS YEARS WITH HARD LABOR AND NO SINGLE CORRUPTION TO BUILD. South Africa has more than 25 cities that can measure with any european city, Nigeria has only Abuja and it is even been hurriedly underdeveloped by all the ignorant FCT ministers that came after El Rufai (first position to Aliero and then Bala). Lagos is a dilapidated old city though fashola is trying, besides this, every other thing are shambles shambles shambles. Starting with Kano it is the biggest dust bin i have ever seen, Port Harcourt is nothing chaos, Ibadan old, dirty and unassuming.

Given the average attitude of most blacks, we cant build or maintain cities, even the cities in SA were built and are been maintained by whites and their policies, i live in an estate where people that went to the university dump their dirt in the gutters so that the rain can wash away - they dont understand where it washes it to and it dosent bother them. I was driving along the airport road one day in abuja and a very clean-looking woman riding in a clean 2000 toyota camry threw away a complete weave-on in a leather bag unto the highway and nobody turned a face!
Nigeria might get better but please lets not overlook the enormous work and responsibility ahead

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Replace South Africa In G20 As Economy Grows by Nobody: 7:58am On Sep 12, 2013
whatever
Re: Nigeria To Replace South Africa In G20 As Economy Grows by gsainttrinity(m): 8:01am On Sep 12, 2013
Only BRF has the magic wand to make Nigeria what it should be.
Fashola for president 2015.
Police Arrest Four Cows In Lagos
Four cows and 37 butchers have been
arrested by officials of the Lagos State
Government in conjunction with the police
taskforce, for operating at an illegal slaughter
slab at Otto Awori area of Badagry, Lagos
State.
Officials of the Ministry of Agriculture and
Cooperatives, with the taskforce, stormed the
area on Tuesday and arrested the cows and
suspects.
Four vans of butchered meat were also
carted away to the Taskforce office at Alausa
where the suspects would be arraigned in
court. The four cows were taken to Agege
Abattoir.
Chairman of the illegal butchers, Adewunmi
Olaseun, said they normally slaughter about
20 cows on daily basis, adding that they also
pay N18,000 levy to officials of the Lagos
State Government and N5,000 to the Otto
Awori Local Council Development Area, LCDA,
on weekly basis.
He said the association did not know that
they were operating at an illegal slaughter
slab.
Olaseun said the meat being sold by the
butchers was not contaminated, stressing that
“the fact is that we also consume the meat at
times. So, there is nothing wrong with the
meat. We consume it. Our wives also
consume it, so it is safe for consumption. We
have the receipts of the payment made to
the government in our office.”
When asked why they attacked government
officials with charms, he said: “The charms
on us were to protect us against armed
robbers. We deal with money and we can’t
allow robbers to kill us just like that. So, it is
meant for protection against robbers.”
Another butcher, Ogundele Opeloyeru, said
they had been operating in the area for the
past 15 years, while corroborating his
colleague’s statement that they pay weekly
levy to the state government and Otto Awori
LCDA.
“We are not aware that we operate illegal
slaughter slab,” he said.
Senior Special Adviser to the Governor on
Agriculture and Co-operatives, Mr Nuraini
Funso denied that government officials collect
money from the illegal butchers.
“There are certified veterinary doctors in the
entire registered and approved abattoirs in
the state and there is a lot of danger in
patronising illegal slaughter slabs. The state
government is doing enough to eradicate
illegal slaughter slabs and abattoirs in the
state .
“Residents had been equally warned to desist
from patronising unregistered and
unapproved abattoir. The state is very must
concerned about the health of individuals in
the state. We can’t afford to allow Lagosians
to consume meat that are not screened.
They are not just ready to change. We have
about eight slaughter slabs and over 200
refrigerated meat vans. They are just
concerned about their pockets,” he
explained.
Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Agriculture
and Cooperatives, Dr. Yakub Bashorun said
government has declared zero tolerance for
unwholesome meat distribution in the state,
lamenting that those who operate illegal
slaughter slabs do so without obtaining
license from the government.
“They don’t have veterinary doctors to
ascertain the health status of the animals
before slaughtering them. They have been
creating nuisance and we have to dislodge
them. Ignorance is no excuse. They know they
are operating illegal abattoir,” he stated.
Bashorun appealed to Lagosians not to
patronize illegal slaughter slabs to purchase
meat as such meat was not healthy for
consumption.
He said those arrested would be arraigned
in court and that they would be made to face
the music to serve as deterrent to others.
[]
Re: Nigeria To Replace South Africa In G20 As Economy Grows by taharqa: 8:01am On Sep 12, 2013
ofala: Let our leaders give us just contant ELECTRICITY and the young minds in Nigeria will mostly get to work, simple!!!
You are sooo Right.... The Great thing is that this is BEEN done presently
Re: Nigeria To Replace South Africa In G20 As Economy Grows by taharqa: 8:05am On Sep 12, 2013
otokx: Theory differs from practicals.
Bros, long time... You no dey update us with d happenings in Uniport and Aluu again. Why na??
Re: Nigeria To Replace South Africa In G20 As Economy Grows by gsainttrinity(m): 8:08am On Sep 12, 2013
Symphony007: I really don't see this happening. Just like the UN security council permanent seat, the G20 is a closed club. They will not admitt or remove anyone. Especially for nigeria which exudes instability and whoes economy is'nt diversified or organised. Nigeria's economy right now is growing at a faster pace than south africa but it was invited. Rather than nigeria to join the BRICS..says alot why nigeria won't smell the G20.

true Nigeria does not have half as much infrastructure as S.A and Nigeria would be replacing it as the largest economy in the nearest time. imagine what it would look like when all our infrastructure is functional? I guss we would be eyeing world's largest economy.
Re: Nigeria To Replace South Africa In G20 As Economy Grows by Okeikpu(m): 8:09am On Sep 12, 2013
If only corruption ll let them get there....:/
Re: Nigeria To Replace South Africa In G20 As Economy Grows by roxell120(m): 8:15am On Sep 12, 2013
tpacalipse: Well, I never read that post. But I am very sure that the Nigerian economy crumbles by the day. The growth only exist in the dream of some mischievous rogues.
how then can u convince me with this ur argument wen u dont read even an article as brief as this.u talk before u think right? ur type is this countries problem cos they use their personal problems to generalize.look at details b4 making ur point. it will make u wise.
to me, if like believe me or not, from the foundation that is being laid by this administration as regards power, rail, road and air transportation as well as agriculture the sky is our limit. read nd be informed.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Replace South Africa In G20 As Economy Grows by roxell120(m): 8:16am On Sep 12, 2013
roxell120:
how then can u convince me with this ur argument wen u dont read even an article as brief as this.u talk before u think right? ur type is this countries problem cos they use their personal problems to generalize.look at details b4 making ur point. it will make u wise.
to me, if u like believe me or not, from the foundation that is being laid by this administration as regards power, rail, road and air transportation as well as agriculture the sky is our limit. read nd be informed.
Re: Nigeria To Replace South Africa In G20 As Economy Grows by grandstar(m): 8:18am On Sep 12, 2013
I laugh in itsekiri. nigeria by now should be bigger than SA. the major achilles heel is the high interest rates which will only go down once government starts dollarising payments of the monthly federal allocations. the country can grow at 9%annuall
Re: Nigeria To Replace South Africa In G20 As Economy Grows by Nobody: 8:21am On Sep 12, 2013
We Nigerians are the cause of our problems. We are in Nigeria and we are seeing the day-to-day activities of our country.

We sit in our house while we allow some bunch of miscreants determine who will and who will not rule us. Have we forgotten this is not a monarchy rule, or have we forgotten the definition of democracy?

Why can't we the citizens of Nigeria bring one man from amongst us, put him in a political party and vote for him. A man that knows the struggle. We shouldn't wait for atiku, amaechi and gej to finish fighting and we vote for the winner. We shouldn't wait for APC to promise us and do nothing at the end. We need someone who knows the struggle to take the place of government. We don't need to kills this politicians. We should gather our people to fill the various tiers of govt. The people representing the citizens of Nigeria and not representing a political party!

We should know all these things are failure:
Electricity is a failure
Education is a failure
Transport is a failure
Agriculture is a failure
Infrastructure is a failure
Diversification of our economy have not been forthcoming.

Our government are so stereotype, they keep on telling us thesame rubbish every single year.

How can a country produce oil and refine outside and you say ur economy will be better than south africa's economy?

This man must be high on alabukun!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Replace South Africa In G20 As Economy Grows by davesndy: 8:24am On Sep 12, 2013
RedBenson:

To add to ur post, why is it that we always read this garbage on news without seeing its effect on ground. At present, all the sectors of the economy are not working. The education, agriculture, transport, power etc. How did they come to this conclusion? smh!
If the report had read 'Nigeria economy to collapse in 10 minutes, you ppl will believe but any positive news is impossible! Its rili a pity. The common man doesn't need anything more to have food on his table than COMMON SENSE Wen we strt thinking, we strt growing

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Replace South Africa In G20 As Economy Grows by AGgal(f): 8:27am On Sep 12, 2013
odua boy: Thank god u said if their is electricity but is electricity gonna ever be stable with the RETARdeen we currently have in power:>:>
Your mates are making useful contributions,yours is to insult the president. All those years when there was no 'RETARDeen'(according to u),was there constant power supply? Why not advice your dad who's not a retardeen to go for the 2015 presidential election,he might be the change Nigeria is waiting for. Mtchewwwwwwwwww!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Replace South Africa In G20 As Economy Grows by ibkgab001: 8:30am On Sep 12, 2013
# In God we trust is entering Nigeria everyday#
Re: Nigeria To Replace South Africa In G20 As Economy Grows by Infoay: 8:32am On Sep 12, 2013
Are these growth spiritual? How come an averange Nigerian isn't enjoying it?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Replace South Africa In G20 As Economy Grows by crackhaus: 8:37am On Sep 12, 2013
RedBenson:

Thank you bruv. The word of paper scientists mean nothing
Re: Nigeria To Replace South Africa In G20 As Economy Grows by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:42am On Sep 12, 2013
So it till after 9 yrs?

Mtchewwww. Silly political propaganda
Re: Nigeria To Replace South Africa In G20 As Economy Grows by oduaboy1: 8:48am On Sep 12, 2013
AG.gal:
Your mates are making useful contributions,yours is to insult the president. All those years when there was no 'RETARDeen'(according to u),was there constant power supply? Why not advice your dad who's not a retardeen to go for the 2015 presidential election,he might be the change Nigeria is waiting for. Mtchewwwwwwwwww!
You are a very foolish girl,so i have no right to criticize a man i voted for again.cos it hurts some peeps tribalistic ego.See warped logic in displayshockedshocked
Re: Nigeria To Replace South Africa In G20 As Economy Grows by Pancho01(m): 8:59am On Sep 12, 2013
tpacalipse: Well, I never read that post. But I am very sure that the Nigerian economy crumbles by the day. The growth only exist in the dream of some mischievous rogues.
if u ddnt read d post, hw sure are u about ur comments. Its lik U just want to pour out dose chaotic ideas u hav been supressing in ur mind.
Re: Nigeria To Replace South Africa In G20 As Economy Grows by juman(m): 9:00am On Sep 12, 2013
Which economic growth?

Masses sufferness is increasing and they are talking of economic growth. Hiss.
Re: Nigeria To Replace South Africa In G20 As Economy Grows by Emytexboy(m): 9:01am On Sep 12, 2013
HNosegbe: The question is, will there still be a Nigeria (as we know it) by the end of the nine years in question?

you just asked an intelligent question m dear. but by then, Biafra will take it over! because of the ndigbo's industrialist. what do you think?
Re: Nigeria To Replace South Africa In G20 As Economy Grows by chebeoc(m): 9:01am On Sep 12, 2013
[img][/img][quote author=odua boy]You are a very foolish girl,so i have no right to criticize a man i voted for again.cos it hurts some peeps tribalistic ego.See warped logic in displayshocked: Why not give the man you vote for sometime to prove himself, you want him to repair everything that spoil for over 40years within 2years.
Re: Nigeria To Replace South Africa In G20 As Economy Grows by Emytexboy(m): 9:03am On Sep 12, 2013
maxwello.yg:

of course

Ofcourse! says who? Biafra is on her way coming if you don't know.
Re: Nigeria To Replace South Africa In G20 As Economy Grows by Emytexboy(m): 9:07am On Sep 12, 2013
It is quite fortunate to SA to takehold back their G20 by then cos nigeria is not going to exist by then! perharps Biafra might overthrow the SA by then also because of our industrialists in igboland.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ismaila Mu’azu Hassan Wins House Of Reps Rerun Election In Gombe / Atiku Abubakar Plans To Fight Corruption - PDP Reveals / Omo-Agege, Manager win at Appeal Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.