Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Story On 53 Gold-Plated Iphones False - Reno Omokri - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Story On 53 Gold-Plated Iphones False - Reno Omokri (9835 Views)

Aisha Babangida Gets Gold Plated Customized Utensils As Gifts From Malivehood / GEJ Vs Buhari: Whose Body Language Is More Convincing? Reno Omokri Asks / GEJ's Aide Reno Omokri & Osinbajo At Twitter War Over Kano Rally Crowd- Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Story On 53 Gold-Plated Iphones False - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 2:22pm On Sep 12, 2013

Re: Story On 53 Gold-Plated Iphones False - Reno Omokri by hasibunallahu: 3:18pm On Sep 12, 2013
It should be a lie o. If not whoever is the beneficiary of such phone will never enjoy peace thereafter. how will somebody be going about with N12m iphone when millions are hungry and unemployed.
Re: Story On 53 Gold-Plated Iphones False - Reno Omokri by AZeD1(m): 3:18pm On Sep 12, 2013
Now that Reno has denied it, i'm a 100% percent convinced it must be from the Government.

PS: I don't think an individual would/can use the Nigerian coat of arms on a private product.
Re: Story On 53 Gold-Plated Iphones False - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 3:28pm On Sep 12, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
I dont have time for endless emotional arguements. Lets deal with the FACTS.

The centenary celebration is FG initiated BUT it is purely private sector driven and govt will not be spending a kobo on the celebration. Pius Anyim, while briefing the house of reps committee on the proposed centenary celebration, said "Nigeria’s planned centenary celebration will be wholesomely funded by the private sector, and will receive no government “kobo”
http://premiumtimesng.com/news/116444-nigerias-centenary-celebration-will-provide-15000-jobs-cost-no-kobo-anyim.html
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/why-centenary-celebration-is-dear-to-nigeria-fg/

That is the FACT.

APC e-warriors can continue their propaganda, lies and mischief BUT in the end, TRUTH shall prevail.

in your haste to make it look like APC work you got your facts mixed up........ anyim was referring to the centenary celebration which will be in 2014,not 53 years celebration which is this year 2013...... all you GEJ sympathisers are as daft as your GEJ
mtschew. nonsense

1 Like

Re: Story On 53 Gold-Plated Iphones False - Reno Omokri by texazzpete(m): 4:53pm On Sep 12, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

The centenary celebration is FG initiated BUT it is purely private sector driven and govt will not be spending a kobo on the celebration. Pius Anyim, while briefing the house of reps committee on the proposed centenary celebration, said "Nigeria’s planned centenary celebration will be wholesomely funded by the private sector, and will receive no government “kobo”
http://premiumtimesng.com/news/116444-nigerias-centenary-celebration-will-provide-15000-jobs-cost-no-kobo-anyim.html
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/why-centenary-celebration-is-dear-to-nigeria-fg/

That is the FACT.

APC e-warriors can continue their propaganda, lies and mischief BUT in the end, TRUTH shall prevail.

When will we ever have a FG initiated rescue operation of our Universities for Private sectors to sponsor?
Re: Story On 53 Gold-Plated Iphones False - Reno Omokri by cyril10(m): 4:59pm On Sep 12, 2013
Pataki or whatever your name is, please stop insulting your president and your elder so that your days may be long.
Re: Story On 53 Gold-Plated Iphones False - Reno Omokri by layksyde015(m): 7:10pm On Sep 12, 2013
i dont believe this ppl called political prostitutes (politicians) in nigeria. The want to use that individual as cover up to safe them from shit. i am sorry for this country. God will purnish all of them.
Re: Story On 53 Gold-Plated Iphones False - Reno Omokri by Pataki: 8:30pm On Sep 12, 2013
cyril10: Pataki or whatever your name is, please stop insulting your president and your elder so that your days may be long.

My days are already very long. Don't preach foolishness into my ears.
Re: Story On 53 Gold-Plated Iphones False - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 8:49pm On Sep 12, 2013
cyril10: Pataki or whatever your name is, please stop insulting your president and your elder so that your days may be long.

Pastor Oritsejafor.. is that you bruv?!! damn it is.. how is my hip-hop niggah in christ doing.. I luv the fact that you have been rescued from your poor flock and now ride a Jet.. Praise be to allah almight.. please hook me up.. should i start doing the same same format you are using on nairaland? Pastor jaffooorrr.. my man.
Hey Pataki.. respect you elders so that your days may be long.. so says pastor Ayo Oritsejafor grin grin grin
Re: Story On 53 Gold-Plated Iphones False - Reno Omokri by biafranqueen: 3:51am On Sep 13, 2013
Pataki:

Oh really?? Do you people just have a penchant for ignorance or you just rather enjoy spewing lies like agent lucifer?

Who are the several clients that will identify with corrupt politicians to promote their brand?

Are you lot oblivious to how these associations with corrupt Nigerians affect their international transparency ratings globally?
Are you living in a rabbit hole, every body knows that these guys waste money and gifting is becoming popular in Nigeria as it is already in the United States. When did Corporations start giving a damn about the masses they are in business to sell products think correctly, if you read my past post carefully you will see I have no political allegiance because they are ALL THIEVES so please go and quote somebody else.
Re: Story On 53 Gold-Plated Iphones False - Reno Omokri by biafranqueen: 4:02am On Sep 13, 2013
Mexyz: Mr pataki, i wud ve takn u seriously,but y re ur comments full of insults? Do u ve any convenant wit satan? Y hammern on dat name? Re-write ur comments so dat i can deduce sumtn meaningful 4rm it,nt d nonsense u wrote up there.
he is obviously a lunatic or smoking drugs undecided
Re: Story On 53 Gold-Plated Iphones False - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 7:49am On Sep 13, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

That is the FACT.

So what is the TRUTH?

1. That Nigerian Government is a sincere one?
2.That the PDP is an honest corruption free party like the Nigerian Government?
3. That the House of Reps isn't spending this country into Bankruptcy?
4. That you are not a PDP stooge?

angry angry so pls tell us..what is the TRUTH?:
Re: Story On 53 Gold-Plated Iphones False - Reno Omokri by awodman: 1:01pm On Sep 13, 2013
awodman:
STATE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE

We consider the reports in a section of the media claiming
that the Nigerian government had ordered customized gold iPhones from a Dubai-based company to mark the
country’s 53rd independence anniversary in October not
only false and misleading, but utterly mischievous.

It is instructive that despite the refutation of the story by
the company, which ought to have laid the mischief to rest,a number of politically-minded news media continue to insist on promoting the blatant falsehood. We deplore their antics as yet another attempt to use any trick or means possible to discredit President Jonathan’s well-meaning, hardworking and focused administration.

It is certainly a matter of public record and knowledge that since his assumption of office, President Jonathan has ensured that October 1independence-day anniversaries are low-key, without any pomp or pageantry. Ironically, even this prudence generated criticisms from a cynical and opportunistic segment of the public which alleged, in 2011, and again in 2012, that the President was either too scared to celebrate or that the government was broke.

This administration has no intention to depart from its
established habit of prudent management of resources and modest celebration of the country’s independence
anniversary. This year, the public should be assured that
theOctober 1 anniversary will also be low-keyed. Neither
the Federal Government nor its agencies has ordered any
gold iPhones to mark the anniversary.

We do not see any justification for such extravagance
either now or at any other time. The Jonathan
administration’s gold standard is to continue to provide
responsible, committed, and result-oriented leadership, not to engage in the purchase and distribution of party gifts.

We urge the Dubai-based company, which has since said
that the order for the said 53 gold i-phones was placed by a private individual and not the Nigerian Government, to go ahead and disclose the identity of that individual.

We appeal to the public to beware of the increasing
desperation of those with politically vested interests,
seeking to pull down this administration. Their moral
bankruptcy is condemnable.

The Jonathan administration will remain focused as it
continues to serve the Nigerian people diligently.

Reuben Abati
Special Adviser to the President
(Media & Publicity)
September 12, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

LP To Press Cybercrime Charges On Apapa Over Fake News / Two Suicide Bombers Attack Muna Garage In Maiduguri; Many Feared Dead / Simon Ekpa: Biography Of The New Director Of Radio Biafra - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.