Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:12 AM

Yobe Employs 35 Professors From India, Philippines For University - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Yobe Employs 35 Professors From India, Philippines For University (10831 Views)

The Tribe With The Best Professors In Nigeria. / IMO State Has The Highest Number Of Professors In Nigeria / Produce Good Graduates: Jonathan Tell Professors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yobe Employs 35 Professors From India, Philippines For University by Adex098(m): 1:26pm On Sep 12, 2013
We have enough Profs here in the West...make dem come export them go North grin
Re: Yobe Employs 35 Professors From India, Philippines For University by Dee60: 1:33pm On Sep 12, 2013
Very good. When their students graduate, I hope India and Phillipines will give them jobs.
Re: Yobe Employs 35 Professors From India, Philippines For University by Burger01(m): 1:42pm On Sep 12, 2013
SMBH!!
Re: Yobe Employs 35 Professors From India, Philippines For University by back2sender: 1:43pm On Sep 12, 2013
Thank God someone don yarn the truth. its in this country that oyinbo artisan are called engineers are bosses to our own engineers. so iam not surprised, even at that who are the students this so called professor will teach? Malus!!!!!!
chiover: Quack foreign professors
Re: Yobe Employs 35 Professors From India, Philippines For University by donphilopus: 1:44pm On Sep 12, 2013
A welcome development to that school
Re: Yobe Employs 35 Professors From India, Philippines For University by back2sender: 1:44pm On Sep 12, 2013
Double tuale for yu for this 1derful comment
Dee60: Very good. When their students graduate, I hope India and Phillipines will give them jobs.
Re: Yobe Employs 35 Professors From India, Philippines For University by gbishman: 1:50pm On Sep 12, 2013
This a smart man. Thats the way to go i just hope and pray the nigerian lecturers dnt corrupt them

1 Like

Re: Yobe Employs 35 Professors From India, Philippines For University by j4sure(m): 1:50pm On Sep 12, 2013
DOES IT ACTUALLY MEAN WE DONT AV CAPABLE HANDS IN THE COUNTRY,HOPE D GOV ALSO PUT THE SECURITY OF THE FOREIGN PROF IN PLACE HOPE D STUDENT OF D STATE WIL EMBRACE D DEVELOPMENT. 3POINTS TO TALK ABOUT. ASUU WE WIL U LET GO OF DIS WAHALA
Re: Yobe Employs 35 Professors From India, Philippines For University by Nobody: 1:51pm On Sep 12, 2013
absolute rubbish! Why can't they employ nigerians?? So many intelligent and jobless graduate out there dat are competent, yet they went to give the jobs to foreigners. Now they will carry our own hard earned money pay foreigners who would carry the money to their own country and in the long run would help develop their own country. Stewpid pple
Re: Yobe Employs 35 Professors From India, Philippines For University by Seun(m): 1:55pm On Sep 12, 2013
booqee: So many intelligent and jobless graduate out there dat are competent
Are you sure about this? This same Nigeria where companies have to conduct aptitude tests for graduates?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yobe Employs 35 Professors From India, Philippines For University by TONYE001(m): 1:58pm On Sep 12, 2013
Biodup: Boko haram don hemmer, probability that these people will be kidnap is 1

When it's 1, then it's certainty..
Re: Yobe Employs 35 Professors From India, Philippines For University by Sunymoore(m): 2:01pm On Sep 12, 2013
Good news for my dear university
Re: Yobe Employs 35 Professors From India, Philippines For University by BRYANTUS(m): 2:04pm On Sep 12, 2013
wow! i did part of my NYSC in this same university. BAIU damaturu. it was a great experience. I was asked personally if i would want to remain after my service year, but that was when the insurgence broke out and then we had to take cover..its a massive school and has great prospect. The VC is a genius. well done Prof.
Re: Yobe Employs 35 Professors From India, Philippines For University by nairalandabdul: 2:06pm On Sep 12, 2013

Indians as well as phillipinos are known to fake degrees. In middle east(gulf) this is certainly a big problem.
I hope they have a proper verification process in place.
Re: Yobe Employs 35 Professors From India, Philippines For University by tobloj(m): 2:11pm On Sep 12, 2013
!
SimonAndal:
To teach who? Boko Haram or Almajiri?

It's either they're kidnapped or they are bombed. Afterall western education is haram.
dem wan teach boko haram hw to make advanced bomb grin
Re: Yobe Employs 35 Professors From India, Philippines For University by Arsenate(m): 2:11pm On Sep 12, 2013
Bad belle southerners..lol, all over the thread with nothing positive to write.

4 Likes

Re: Yobe Employs 35 Professors From India, Philippines For University by Sunnybobo3(m): 2:15pm On Sep 12, 2013
Trust me, these 'professors' are mushroom professors who can't get employed in their countries even as assistant lecturers. Nigeria employ a lot if mediocres in the name of expatriates.

Also, any expatriate that would agree to go teach in Yobe stare at this particular point in time, is seriously desperate.

1 Like

Re: Yobe Employs 35 Professors From India, Philippines For University by Lilimax(f): 2:33pm On Sep 12, 2013
BRYANTUS: wow! i did part of my NYSC in this same university. BAIU damaturu. it was a great experience. I was asked personally if i would want to remain after my service year, but that was when the insurgence broke out and then we had to take cover..its a massive school and has great prospect. The VC is a genius. well done Prof.
Hope they have College of Health Science in the School smiley?. Those Indians may eventually help in reducing the exodus if Nigerians going to India for medical reasons...
Re: Yobe Employs 35 Professors From India, Philippines For University by ITbomb(m): 2:41pm On Sep 12, 2013
And will be paying them in huge foreign currency.
Much more than what they would pay the Nigerian counterpart, after they will start to compare.
Have anyone here taught in a tertiary institution in the north? You will weep.
Even our corpers who have taught the sec. school will bear me witness.
I wonder how the Professors will teach, knowing that 1) English is not the professors' first language, two 2) English is not the first or second language in Yobe. So the task is a heavy one
Goodluck to them.
Mind you, Nigerian Professors are doing well abroad

1 Like

Re: Yobe Employs 35 Professors From India, Philippines For University by idriis: 2:45pm On Sep 12, 2013
Good initiative! This is definitely a sign of....

Hope For The North tongue
Re: Yobe Employs 35 Professors From India, Philippines For University by chriseruba: 2:47pm On Sep 12, 2013
he shouldn't be suprised that no nigerian applied for the lecturing post is just that any reasoning nigerian will know that its life risk for him/her, the police/army couldn't protect the teachers and students in the boarding school that boko boys attacked in adamawa so how sure are we nigerians that they can protect the lectures in a university where adults learn,cos any boko boy can form as a student and carry out his mission so nigerians are intelligent to take the risk for the forigners they could be provided wit policemen and secured environment as they have started doing but can they do it for a nigerian?

1 Like

Re: Yobe Employs 35 Professors From India, Philippines For University by Atouke: 3:05pm On Sep 12, 2013
I totally agree with ITbomb and chris eruba : If qualified nigerians with simillar qualifications were willing to teach at that university, they will earn peanuts compared to what will be paid to the foreigners.

And they will provide the foreign professors with good security and accommodation. this is colonial mentality. until this is changed we still have a long way to go.

That said any one who is willing to go teach or live in Boko Haram country is welcome nigerian or foreigner I wish them good luck.
Re: Yobe Employs 35 Professors From India, Philippines For University by lazbay(m): 3:07pm On Sep 12, 2013
FEAR OF BOKO HARAM NI. HOW I GO ABANDON MY FAMILY HERE COME FIND WORK GO BOKO HARAM'S DEN FOR DAMATURU IN YOBE WHERE THEY KILL HUMAN BEINGS LIKE MOSQUITOES. I DOUBT IF THESE EXPATRIATES WILL EVEN STAY THERE FOR ONE SESSION. WATCH OUT!
Re: Yobe Employs 35 Professors From India, Philippines For University by patholaw: 3:14pm On Sep 12, 2013
These prof's don't know what they are coming to face in Yobe state....i pity dem
Re: Yobe Employs 35 Professors From India, Philippines For University by qhiwegh(m): 3:18pm On Sep 12, 2013
Finally a university in Nigeria maybe worth going to.

1 Like

Re: Yobe Employs 35 Professors From India, Philippines For University by AnanseK(m): 3:46pm On Sep 12, 2013
Biodup: Boko haram don hemmer, probability that these people will be kidnap is 1

Kidnap capital is still in the south.

1 Like

Re: Yobe Employs 35 Professors From India, Philippines For University by AnanseK(m): 3:50pm On Sep 12, 2013
booqee: absolute rubbish! Why can't they employ nigerians?? So many intelligent and jobless graduate out there dat are competent, yet they went to give the jobs to foreigners. Now they will carry our own hard earned money pay foreigners who would carry the money to their own country and in the long run would help develop their own country. Stewpid pple

That is your view. But me I think the governor has an excellent idea. I hope other northern states can copy this.

1 Like

Re: Yobe Employs 35 Professors From India, Philippines For University by coldgate(f): 3:58pm On Sep 12, 2013
They are quacks because YOU say so? That's funny.

1 Like

Re: Yobe Employs 35 Professors From India, Philippines For University by Nobody: 4:05pm On Sep 12, 2013
booqee: absolute rubbish! Why can't they employ nigerians?? So many intelligent and jobless graduate out there dat are competent, yet they went to give the jobs to foreigners. Now they will carry our own hard earned money pay foreigners who would carry the money to their own country and in the long run would help develop their own country. Stewpid pple

He said series of advertisement made in the national dailies requesting for qualified academic staff in the institution yielded little or no desired result.

Did you read this part of the report?
Re: Yobe Employs 35 Professors From India, Philippines For University by afanide: 4:43pm On Sep 12, 2013
URGENT! Start Importarion business with as low as #7,500. YES! It's real. Visit http://moneycreation.pw or send your email to afanide.nathaniel@gmail.com or call Chinedu on 08036932174
Re: Yobe Employs 35 Professors From India, Philippines For University by Nobody: 5:04pm On Sep 12, 2013
jaiykem: Who them wan teach? Abi na people wa say western education na sin. Dem fit like ASIAN EDUCATION since these ones are 4rm there.
Asian? How India become Asia

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ptdf Scholarship! The Selection Process! / 40 List Of Oldest Higher Institutions In Nigeria And Year Of Establishment. / ABTI-American University of Nigeria, Yobe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.