Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,998 members, 7,956,711 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:18 PM

Policewomen Caught Extorting Money Dismissed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Policewomen Caught Extorting Money Dismissed (17889 Views)

Police Reinstates dismissed Amos Olaniyan (Photos) / Two Policewomen Caught On Tape Extorting Money / Policewoman Caught Extorting Money From Driver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Policewomen Caught Extorting Money Dismissed by badoist(m): 9:53pm On Sep 11, 2013
Two traffic policewomen catch in a video  receiving  N100 bribe from a bus driver in Lagos State have been dismissed from the Nigerian Police Force.

The women corporals Elizabeth Itolor  and Jenifer Azingbe, attached to the Makinde police station, were handed their dismissal letters today.

The corporals’ dismissal was contained in a  circular  which stated that the policewomen were dismissed over despicable acts and corrupt practices contrary to Paragraph E(iii)and C(iii)respectively of Schedule 1 of the Police Act and Regulations 370 of the Federation of Nigeria 1990.

The policewomen were recruited into the Nigeria Police Force in 2004.

A source, who requested anonymity, informed the Nigerian Telegraph that the women got to the office today and they were handed their dismissal letters.

“They have been crying since morning. They have gone to Keyamo chambers and other human rights offices to seek for help. The dismissal has come as a shock,” the source said.

The policewomen have been awaiting  their fate since the police Provost Unit of the Lagos State police command had concluded the Orderly room trial into the allegation last week.

A video footage posted on YouTube by one Afro Finlandia showed a policewoman negotiating a  N100 bribe with a commercial bus driver at the Oshodi-Apapa Express way.

A passenger in the bus recorded the bribe negotiation showing the driver pacifying  the policewoman who had refused to allow the bus move after loading passengers .

The driver, after much pleading, angrily said , “Don’t abuse me because of N100. How much is N100? Me I don pass N100.”

The policewoman, who was sitting in the bus was adamant as she said, “E no concern me. Pay me my own money”.

The driver was seen telling the conductor to settle the policewoman so they could move.

“Give her N100. I will return it to you later,” the driver said in Yoruba.

The policewoman came down from the bus as she collected the N100 from the conductor  and the two policewomen walked away from the bus to their duty of controlling traffic.

The video had over 40,000 viewers and caused public outrage on social media, which led to the arrest of the women last week.

The policewomen suffered similar fate as their colleague one sergeant Christopher Omoleze, attached to the station Man Centre police station, who was also outed in a video posted on Youtube. He had negotiated a N25,000 bribe.

http://telegraphng.com/2013/09/force-dismisses-policewomen-caught-tape-receiving-n100-bribe/
Re: Policewomen Caught Extorting Money Dismissed by Horus(m): 10:15pm On Sep 11, 2013
Justice was served

2 Likes

Re: Policewomen Caught Extorting Money Dismissed by deeptesting(m): 11:17pm On Sep 11, 2013
Horus: Justice was served

Only to the poor, weak and defenseless.
Well, that is not to say that i support their thievery but justice must also be served quickly to the rich,strong and defensive whose actions and inaction, has inflicted so much pain on the poor,weak and defenseless.

I have a Volkswagen bus and i am willing to give it to them to start transport business on the condition that they must be the driver and conductor.

It is well.

15 Likes

Re: Policewomen Caught Extorting Money Dismissed by steg0miah: 11:46pm On Sep 11, 2013
[b]I have PRAYED for NIGERIA, FASTED for NIGERIA, WEPT for NIGERIA, Currently I'm just WATCHING NIGERIA like a
film... (Help give my movie a title)

Rivers State is Boiling, ASUU is Striking, Governors fumming, Nigerians Toiling, Boko Haram bombing, PHCN holding, MTN blowing, President Sacking, Evil booming, Poverty roaming and the masses
moaning.

Our senators want my 6year old niece to get married as soon as possible, they earn millions every month as take home pay, Militants earn N75,000 per month, yet Graduates earn
N19,800 'gladly'. PHD holders driving Dangote's Truck and Perishing in our
deplorable highways. Force men collecting bribes and disgracing us all over youtube.

Our leaders have looted the future of generations unborn; and have money they cannot spend in several lifetimes.
I have no security in my country, but send troops to keep peace in another man’s land.

I can't practice the religion of my choice and may get killed
for my belief.

We have hundreds of dams, but no water. So I drink ‘pure’ water
that roils my innards. And yet our leaders are busy trading words (obasanjo and atiku) and trying to resolve party issues. Smh!

What is the future of our generation? Nigeria is in a sick state. Some one should please call a Doctor, read a news ​​where a prison was closed down in Netherlands, wonder when that will happen in Nigeria...

God Bless Nigeria[/b]

94 Likes

Re: Policewomen Caught Extorting Money Dismissed by Davo93(m): 11:48pm On Sep 11, 2013
3 police officers dismissed in same manner and still counting... Better days ahead for Nigeria if this method can be applied in all sectors and a better one admist our politicians. #MyOneCent

4 Likes

Re: Policewomen Caught Extorting Money Dismissed by nekaa(f): 11:48pm On Sep 11, 2013
Eya... I come dey pity her nau..

2 Likes

Re: Policewomen Caught Extorting Money Dismissed by Sijo01(f): 11:50pm On Sep 11, 2013
I knew this woman's career was gonna end this way.

cheiii....... person wife, person mama. what a disgrace/pity. sad sad

2 Likes

Re: Policewomen Caught Extorting Money Dismissed by Krisddon: 11:51pm On Sep 11, 2013
Good move in the right direction. May God continue to expose them all cos police are worse than armed robbers in Nigeria!

7 Likes

Re: Policewomen Caught Extorting Money Dismissed by sagytariusTM1: 11:52pm On Sep 11, 2013
The Best police in Africa is located where?
Someone repeat after me....
LAGOS

2 Likes

Re: Policewomen Caught Extorting Money Dismissed by Pizzanatty(m): 11:52pm On Sep 11, 2013
Some will be happy and say rubbish because of your hatred for Police...but remember irrespective of what thing or say about this happening, no one has the right to video any officer on duty,when you are shot dead and placed evidence to nail you will advice those making those videos to desist.
Also Police is not the only corrupt outfit in this Nation
That woman who is got a family is now made unemployed,no thanks to the fact that senior officers benefit from the (Roger) sitting down in their offices...
You that is happy,note this: Nobody HOLY PASS
Am not trying to support the act,but let not justice be not only in the tent of the defenceless and less previleged

3 Likes

Re: Policewomen Caught Extorting Money Dismissed by alphaconde(m): 11:53pm On Sep 11, 2013
nekaa: Eya... I come dey pity her nau..

Mee too. If not for children why would one want to get bribe money.
She got hit cus she's a rank and file, we still have farok lawan, he was caught on tape.
When justice becomes injustice.

7 Likes

Re: Policewomen Caught Extorting Money Dismissed by taharqa: 11:53pm On Sep 11, 2013
Good....
Re: Policewomen Caught Extorting Money Dismissed by sagytariusTM1: 11:53pm On Sep 11, 2013
Say it after me....
LAGOS
Re: Policewomen Caught Extorting Money Dismissed by Celepope: 11:53pm On Sep 11, 2013
The Policewoman in question looks like our own Nairaland Policewoman.I hope she is not the one. cool

3 Likes

Re: Policewomen Caught Extorting Money Dismissed by Nobody: 11:54pm On Sep 11, 2013
Y d pity na?
Cos the other officer wasn't pitied d this way.
Is it cos they r women?
I'm a woman too and a believe same justice that was served to the men should also be served to the women as far as the same offence is commited.
That's what fairness is all about.

10 Likes

Re: Policewomen Caught Extorting Money Dismissed by Davo93(m): 11:54pm On Sep 11, 2013
sagytarius™:
Someone repeat after me....
LAGOS
.How did you reach your conclusion friend? Do you know a State commissioner of police does not have the power to dismiss any officer? Such power can only be utilised by the IG.
Re: Policewomen Caught Extorting Money Dismissed by alphaconde(m): 11:55pm On Sep 11, 2013
sagytarius™:
Say it after me....
LAGOS

Those stray bullet policemen. Perhaps that's how they came first, first in extra judicial killings.

1 Like

Re: Policewomen Caught Extorting Money Dismissed by adewasco2k(m): 11:55pm On Sep 11, 2013
Now i blame that guy that shot the video, he should have expected same! first day i saw the video, i was like, this women are in for it already because such videos go viral.

When in this country are we going to ever do something right? dismissing them? even the ogas at the top does same.

They should have just been punished and warned.

I am hating this country already. #queued up at Syria Embassy

2 Likes

Re: Policewomen Caught Extorting Money Dismissed by Nobody: 11:56pm On Sep 11, 2013
Have they dismissed Farouk Lawan angry embarassed

5 Likes

Re: Policewomen Caught Extorting Money Dismissed by manny4life(m): 11:56pm On Sep 11, 2013
Discipline will start from the grassroots, meaning that when police officers know that they will be dismissed from their jobs, they won't extort money from innocent citizens "EVEN IF" their boss tells them to. Heck they will help expose their corrupt bosses. The journey of a thousands miles begins with a single step, like they say - BABY STEPS.

14 Likes

Re: Policewomen Caught Extorting Money Dismissed by buyaka(m): 11:57pm On Sep 11, 2013
This is jungle justice, what has happend to faruk whose case we all heard the recording of his conversation between him and otedola, and so many other cases, this is injustice, and i hate it, though i dont encourage it, but our leaders should show goos example
Re: Policewomen Caught Extorting Money Dismissed by Celepope: 11:57pm On Sep 11, 2013
Pizzanatty: Some will be happy and say rubbish because of your hatred for Police...but remember irrespective of what thing or say about this happening, no one has the right to video any officer on duty,when you are shot dead and placed evidence to nail you will advice those making those videos to desist.
That woman who is got a family is now made unemployed,no thanks to the fact that senior officers benefit from the (Roger) sitting down in their offices...
Am not trying to support the act,but let not justice be not only in the tent of the defenceless and less previleged
Your comment doesn't make you either hot nor cold so what is your point?Cause you keep moving back and forth without no leeway.

3 Likes

Re: Policewomen Caught Extorting Money Dismissed by Nobody: 11:59pm On Sep 11, 2013
The oga's at the top are the ones instigating these officers to collect bribe and they will comfortably sit in their offices while the poor and defensely low ranks collect bribe and if they eventually get caught,the oga's denies them and leave them to their fate. The FG should pls look into the renumeration of these officers to enable them carry out their duties effectively without been involve in this show of shame. May God help us

2 Likes

Re: Policewomen Caught Extorting Money Dismissed by doconair: 12:03am On Sep 12, 2013
Nigeria comprises of hypocrites.if you have not collected nor given a bribe before,castigate these ones.JESUS IS LORD
Re: Policewomen Caught Extorting Money Dismissed by sagytariusTM1: 12:03am On Sep 12, 2013
Davo93: .How did you reach your conclusion friend? Do you know a State commissioner of police does not have the power to dismiss any officer? Such power can only be utilised by the IG.
Ah, bros, I wasn't the one who concluded that Lagos has the best policing. It was stated here
Re: Policewomen Caught Extorting Money Dismissed by donfemox(m): 12:04am On Sep 12, 2013
The power of social media is massive!

1 Like

Re: Policewomen Caught Extorting Money Dismissed by 3rdeye1(m): 12:05am On Sep 12, 2013
Les forget about Farouk Lawan ish for now....atleast this women's own has been settled. It is bit by bit! It shows also that corruption is as well at the loweer places. The likes of Farouk Lawan will face justice one day, soon!

6 Likes

Re: Policewomen Caught Extorting Money Dismissed by Kairoseki77: 12:06am On Sep 12, 2013
Pizzanatty: Some will be happy and say rubbish because of your hatred for Police...but remember irrespective of what thing or say about this happening, no one has the right to video any officer on duty,when you are shot dead and placed evidence to nail you will advice those making those videos to desist.

adewasco2k: Now i blame that guy that shot the video, he should have expected same! first day i saw the video, i was like, this women are in for it already because such videos go viral.

When in this country are we going to ever do something right? dismissing them? even the ogas at the top does same.

They should have just been punished and warned.

I am hating this country already. #queued up at Syria Embassy

buyaka: This is jungle justice, what has happend to faruk whose case we all heard the recording of his conversation between him and otedola, and so many other cases, this is injustice, and i hate it, though i dont encourage it, but our leaders should show goos example

These are the same Nigerians who will complain about corruption later.

Actually, I am 100% sure that you are one of those corrupt snakelike Nigerians that collects bribes from the public. Look at you making excuses for your sisters!

I hope you are recorded on camera next and put in jail.

If you don't stop, you will ask the wrong person for bribe and learn the true meaning of jungle justice. Amen. You should hope you are recorded and dealt with within the confines of the law before then.

13 Likes

Re: Policewomen Caught Extorting Money Dismissed by richybanky(m): 12:09am On Sep 12, 2013
Baybe: Have they dismissed Farouk Lawan angry embarassed

Nope
Re: Policewomen Caught Extorting Money Dismissed by ogaibe1(m): 12:10am On Sep 12, 2013
manny4life: Discipline will start from the grassroots, meaning that when police officers know that they will be dismissed from their jobs, they won't extort money from innocent citizens "EVEN IF" their boss tells them to. Heck they will help expose their corrupt bosses. The journey of a thousands miles begins with a single step, like they say - BABY STEPS.

My brother everybody should thank all these phones with camera and you tube, All these corrupt officers who are brave and openly demand bribe will go down one by one if they dont know what their job is they are nuisance to the society and if this is the way to start punishing them then it is worth the try.

3 Likes

Re: Policewomen Caught Extorting Money Dismissed by Isiterere(m): 12:11am On Sep 12, 2013
justice served cold and chilled

I wish this could be extended to the high and mighty in the society: FARUQ and OTEDOLA (offeree and offeror )

ALL IZZ WELL

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"I CAN'T PROTECT YOU!", Akwa Ibom CP Tells PUNCH Correspondent / Why INEC Cancelled Re-run Vote In Parts Of Rivers / Full Text Of The Supreme Court Judgement On Lawan Vs Machina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.