Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:12 AM

Two Policewomen Caught On Tape Extorting Money - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Two Policewomen Caught On Tape Extorting Money (19365 Views)

Yero, Caught On Tape Threatening Violence Against APC, El-rufai / Policewomen Caught Extorting Money Dismissed / Policewoman Caught Extorting Money From Driver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Policewomen Caught On Tape Extorting Money by imperiouxx(m): 3:48am On Sep 02, 2013
Two Nigerian policewomen attached to the Traffic Unit of Makinde Police Station, Mafoluku, Lagos, caught on camera demanding and receiving a bribe of N100 from a commercial driver along the Apapa-Oshodi expressway in Lagos will soon know their fate as the Police Provost Unit of the Lagos Police Command has concluded their orderly room trial.

SaharaReporters learnt that the husband of one of the policewomen has appealed to the police authorities to release his wife from detention as well as forgive her for the offence she had committed.

A source in the police station identified the women as Corporals Elizabeth Itona and Jenifer Azingbe, stating that "We heard they have finished orderly room trial for them today (Monday)."

The source told SaharaReporters that Corporal Azingbe is being detained with her seven-month-old baby identified as Nathaniel.

According to him, "Corporal Jenifer is breast feeding her baby and she is in detention with him. The baby is seven months old and that is why the husband and her people came to plead for her release."

A video recording had been posted on Youtube by one Afro Finlandia, which showed a policewoman demanding and extorting N100 from a commercial bus driver on Apapa-Oshodi expressway.

A commuter in the bus had recorded the extortion negotiation showing the driver appealing to the policewoman who had stopped the bus from moving after picking commuter on the expressway.

As the driver's pleading had fallen on deaf ears, he angrily said, “Don’t abuse me because of N100. How much is N100? Me I don pass N100.”

The policewoman who was sitting in the bus was adamant as she said in pidgin English, “E no concern me. Pay me my own money."

The driver was seen telling the conductor to give the policewoman the N100 so that the bus could proceed on its journey.

“Give her N100. I will return it to you later,” the driver had said Yoruba.

The policewoman alighted from the bus after collecting the N100 and in company with another colleague walked away from the bus to their duty post of controlling traffic.

The video on the social media caused outrage which led to the arrest of the women last week.

An orderly room trial into the case was also held last week and the policewomen may be dismissed just like one Sergeant Christopher Omoleze attached to the same station also caught on video posted on Youtube negotiating a N25,000 bribe.

The Nigerian Inspector General of Police Mohammed Abubakar had ordered the dismissal of Omoleze and the same fate may befall the policewomen.

Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CuFPHs2Usk
Re: Two Policewomen Caught On Tape Extorting Money by sammy329(m): 6:11am On Sep 02, 2013
[b][/b] R
Re: Two Policewomen Caught On Tape Extorting Money by Capnd143(m): 6:34am On Sep 02, 2013
Ok . .i think this new trend is the best way the citizens can fight corruption in the police force . . .

13 Likes

Re: Two Policewomen Caught On Tape Extorting Money by Vanityupnvanity(m): 6:39am On Sep 02, 2013
grin their own don finish b dat na. useless cops

1 Like

Re: Two Policewomen Caught On Tape Extorting Money by mrking3(m): 6:48am On Sep 02, 2013
Hahahah lols!! With this trend! I wonder how many police men will remain in †ђξ NPF? Coz virtually all of them are currupt and would be caught !! To think that this police ladies still have †ђξ guts to ask and accept bribe inspite of what has been happening to their colleague goes a long way to show that curruption runs in their vein!!!

7 Likes

Re: Two Policewomen Caught On Tape Extorting Money by segsxpendable(m): 7:11am On Sep 02, 2013
Man shall not live by bread alone...if dey can dismiss her coz of 100h,what about the million naira looter nd squanderers we have up there

10 Likes

Re: Two Policewomen Caught On Tape Extorting Money by TRILLIONIAR: 7:14am On Sep 02, 2013
abeg who get sendo charger?

9 Likes

Re: Two Policewomen Caught On Tape Extorting Money by RichDad1(m): 7:16am On Sep 02, 2013
When the Police are being Policed by the people they to be policing; What do we call this? END TIME THINGS some people will say. I can't agree more.

18 Likes

Re: Two Policewomen Caught On Tape Extorting Money by imperiouxx(m): 7:18am On Sep 02, 2013
If this my thread no hit frontpage by the time I wake up tomorrow morning.... I no go post on NL again. angry

Mukina, I dey wait for your work.

edited

[size=15pt]HEY MUKINA! I YOU[/size] kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Two Policewomen Caught On Tape Extorting Money by Gamji007: 7:25am On Sep 02, 2013
This is no news. we dont need a video evidence to prove how corrupt the police, and indeed all Nigerians are.

CORRUPTION dey kamkpe for Nija till...................infinity. cry
Re: Two Policewomen Caught On Tape Extorting Money by Nobody: 7:47am On Sep 02, 2013
Breastfeeding with bribed milk. Face the music and dance to its tune! No pity

2 Likes

Re: Two Policewomen Caught On Tape Extorting Money by killuminati(m): 7:49am On Sep 02, 2013
TRILLIONIAR: abeg who get sendo charger?
I no get.. But I get airtel recharger undecided

1 Like

Re: Two Policewomen Caught On Tape Extorting Money by Danhumprey: 8:40am On Sep 02, 2013
I used to think that women generally have honour and integrity. But with these incident of policewomen extorting bribes,I have had cause to have a rethink.

1 Like

Re: Two Policewomen Caught On Tape Extorting Money by 3ace(m): 8:40am On Sep 02, 2013
But all the victims so far from this new trend are traffic control police officers. I want combat policemen to be caught and dismissed too. I detest them because while you can be implicated and even locked up if you don't give them bribe(even though you're not guilty), the traffic control officers will make sure you are guilty before punishing you.
Re: Two Policewomen Caught On Tape Extorting Money by safarigirl(f): 9:27am On Sep 02, 2013
Why is this news? News would be "Two policewomen, caught on tape, rejecting bribes"

Btw, Saharareporters? I comment my reserve
Re: Two Policewomen Caught On Tape Extorting Money by safarigirl(f): 9:28am On Sep 02, 2013
Danhumprey: I used to think that women generally have honour and integrity. But with these incident of policewomen extorting bribes,I have had cause to have a rethink.
Nan and SMA gold no cheap my brother
Re: Two Policewomen Caught On Tape Extorting Money by ReubenAbati: 9:28am On Sep 02, 2013
What else can I say?

Time-la-Ends grin

Waiting for the Nairaland end time family.

Check my signature

[img]http://steelturman.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83451bab869e20120a5e73293970b-800wi[/img]

2 Likes

Re: Two Policewomen Caught On Tape Extorting Money by royale442(m): 9:29am On Sep 02, 2013
I thought they said they were going to install hidden cameras. This will no-doubt decrease the level of crime rate in the country.
Re: Two Policewomen Caught On Tape Extorting Money by Nobody: 9:30am On Sep 02, 2013

1 Like

Re: Two Policewomen Caught On Tape Extorting Money by Nikapetrelli(f): 9:32am On Sep 02, 2013
End tym tins for them,more r yet to come
Re: Two Policewomen Caught On Tape Extorting Money by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:33am On Sep 02, 2013
Mehn.....where will I post my videos which will quickly expose this police and make news?

I need to get my spycam.....detective job activated
Re: Two Policewomen Caught On Tape Extorting Money by ReubenAbati: 9:33am On Sep 02, 2013
rhema4u: .

Stop roaming around nairaland like a jobless graduate.

Stop poking dots everywhere. grin

1 Like

Re: Two Policewomen Caught On Tape Extorting Money by ESHN: 9:33am On Sep 02, 2013
Good for them
Re: Two Policewomen Caught On Tape Extorting Money by GeneralShepherd(m): 9:36am On Sep 02, 2013
This morning them don seize my license demanding for a 20k fee for turning at the wrong place even though the sign post is barely legible... Them later reduce am to 3k I still dey hustle the 3k sef.

2 Likes

Re: Two Policewomen Caught On Tape Extorting Money by ReubenAbati: 9:37am On Sep 02, 2013
GeneralShepherd: This morning them don seize my license demanding for a 20k fee for turning at the wrong place even though the sign post is barely legible... Them later reduce am to 3k I still dey hustle the 3k sef.

You don enter 'Glory be to God'
Re: Two Policewomen Caught On Tape Extorting Money by drkunle: 9:38am On Sep 02, 2013
nawao
Re: Two Policewomen Caught On Tape Extorting Money by Lovetinz(m): 9:41am On Sep 02, 2013
royale442: I thought they said they were going to install hidden cameras. This will no-doubt decrease the level of crime rate in the country.

If you have cameras on the streets,
Police will mount their business centers 'behind' the cameras.

3 Likes

Re: Two Policewomen Caught On Tape Extorting Money by Nobody: 9:44am On Sep 02, 2013
[size=25pt]Hence forth don't be caught filming a Police Man or Woman...ACCIDENTAL DISCHARGE[/size]

9 Likes

Re: Two Policewomen Caught On Tape Extorting Money by emandman: 9:45am On Sep 02, 2013
1.) d police fumbled demselves when dey prosecute d first guy(good 4ur citizen sha)
2.)"recorders" shd now b careful...police shd b on d watchout nao...God 4bid dey shoot anybody taping dem...u knw 9ja police
Re: Two Policewomen Caught On Tape Extorting Money by coogar: 9:46am On Sep 02, 2013
isn't this woman the policewoman of NL?

12 Likes

Re: Two Policewomen Caught On Tape Extorting Money by tintingz(m): 9:49am On Sep 02, 2013
Nawa oo!

Huh? Two policewomen extorting money...is this another sign of end time?

Lolzz NL peeps no go kill with laugh grin grin
Re: Two Policewomen Caught On Tape Extorting Money by ogboniaz: 9:50am On Sep 02, 2013
safarigirl: Why is this news? News would be "Two policewomen, caught on tape, rejecting bribes"

Btw, Saharareporters? I comment my reserve

the news is that it was cought on the video afterall it happens every seconds but hardly cought on the video. hahaha

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Contractor Resumes Work On Kano-Maiduguri, Potiskum-Damaturu Expressway / Federal Allocation To States Crashes By N864bn - The Punch / Court Orders El-Rufai, Police To Pay Choc City Boss, Maikori N40m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.