Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,722 members, 7,820,507 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta (15974 Views)

Pictures Of Destroyed Properties In Enugu Community By Fulani Herdsmans / Graphic Photo Of Sunday Terror Killed At Ebute-metta Lagos Yesterday / Ago-Okota Palace-Way Road Construction By LASG (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta by jmaine: 2:04pm On Sep 12, 2013
bloggernaija: Yeah right.
Privilege kid.
Borno what again?
Fashola should waste precious and limited resources on an inconsequential residential road and ignore major commercial roads because you are entitled to it ba.
Better go back to school and retake basic economics.
Scale of preference .
Opportunity cost.

This time around , do not cram it ,simply read it to understand.
If you are not satisfied ,go to your local government chairman

Now this is a very silly retort . . .

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta by mbulela: 2:04pm On Sep 12, 2013
princemolak: Why will a Government abandon a certain area because They didnt vote for Him there,Nigeria as not Gone that Bad
That is a politically biased statement that does not hold water. The truth of the matter is that the resources of the govt is limited and the needs (not just wants) of the state far outstrip it. BRF has taxed the people to the max and their is a limit to wish you can increase IGR yet the money no reach. i will like the electorates to keep highlighting all these bad areas to keep the govt on their toes but to say that political affiliation is the reason why such roads remain undone is simplistic and childish. It is like the alleged ant-igbo agenda in Okota and FESTAC.
Re: Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta by oremisussan: 2:06pm On Sep 12, 2013
bloggernaija: Yeah right.
Privilege kid.
Borno what again?
Fashola should waste precious and limited resources on an inconsequential residential road and ignore major commercial roads because you are entitled to it ba.
Better go back to school and retake basic economics.
Scale of preference .
Opportunity cost.

This time around , do not cram it ,simply read it to understand.
If you are not satisfied ,go to your local government chairman

By their composure on the blackberry keypad, we shall know their brain ratings.

That you don't know Borno Way at Ebute Metta is no license to spit trash against cries for its rehabilitation.

This is a road that spans 2km (one-fifth of the Lagos Third Mainland Bridge)

This is a road with 36 offshoots to Murtala Muhammed and Herbert Marculay ways - Bet you don't know those either!

This is a road passing through the hub of building materials sales in the mainland of Lagos.

Guy, what you need (desperately) is not economics, it's someone to hold your hands and take you around Lagos.

Every footpath in Surulere is tarred, which of them are of the much economic importance Borno-way holds?

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta by publisher(m): 2:07pm On Sep 12, 2013
Anyone that doubts the allegaton of intentional marginalization should visit Borno way.
Just 500 meters away from this pictured spot towards Post office area,there's a street called Abeokuta street. It links Murtala Mohammed way to Herbert Macaulay way cutting through Borno way. 'Abeokuta street' was recently reconstructed from scratch. Guess what? A few ACN chieftains live on Abeoukuta street.
Please,just go out there and verify,no need to defend or insult anybody on this thread.
Re: Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta by publisher(m): 2:10pm On Sep 12, 2013
mbulela:
That is a politically biased statement that does not hold water. The truth of the matter is that the resources of the govt is limited and the needs (not just wants) of the state far outstrip it. BRF has taxed the people to the max and their is a limit to wish you can increase IGR yet the money no reach. i will like the electorates to keep highlighting all these bad areas to keep the govt on their toes but to say that political affiliation is the reason why such roads remain undone is simplistic and childish. It is like the alleged ant-igbo agenda in Okota and FESTAC.

Anyone that doubts the allegaton of intentional marginalization should visit Borno way.
Just 500 meters away from this pictured spot towards Post office area,there's a street called Abeokuta street. It links Murtala Mohammed way to Herbert Macaulay way cutting through Borno way. 'Abeokuta street' was recently reconstructed from scratch-and it wasn't even this bad.
Guess what? A few ACN chieftains live on Abeoukuta street.
Please,just go out there and verify,no need to defend or insult anybody on this thread.
Re: Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta by pheesayor(m): 2:30pm On Sep 12, 2013
publisher:

Just 500 meters away from this pictured spot towards Post office area,there's a street called Abeokuta street. It links Murtala Mohammed way to Herbert Macaulay way cutting through Borno way. 'Abeokuta street' was recently reconstructed from scratch-and it wasn't even this bad.
Guess what? A few ACN chieftains live on Abeoukuta street.

I'm sure you saw my post + picture, kindly comment
Re: Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta by MrAboki: 2:33pm On Sep 12, 2013
Andro Blaze: OP you have it good.

Come to Alpha Beach Road and you will know what neglect and vindictiveness is. Also when we ask our local leaders they say it is because we were sold to PDP too. What a wonderful democracy we live in.

Oboy!!

That Alpha Beach Road don spoil my car finish... Even Jeep sef dey believe when them see that road.. Thank God say I don park commot for there.

However:: Before you blame the Government for Alpha Beach road, blame the community leaders that asked Chevron to pay them some ridiculous amount of money in Homage and compensation before they can fix the road.. Chevron simply told em to go suck monkey balls..
Re: Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta by publisher(m): 2:34pm On Sep 12, 2013
pheesayor: I stepped out for lunch and decided to take pictures of a portion of the said "borno road". This is off alagomeji bus stop on muritala mohammed road. If this thread isn't out of mischief, I wonder what else it can be

Oh don't be silly my brother (or sister). When a major road or street is defined as 'bad' it doesn't mean that every centimetre stretch of the road must be riddled with potholes. Ofcourse there'll always be good portions.
But from ur vicinity start strolling down from Alagomeji junction all the way down to Oyingbo area and tell us what u see.
Re: Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta by pheesayor(m): 2:34pm On Sep 12, 2013
The festac own is very funny, yes Igbos now dominate festac but I'm yoruba and I was born, bred and still live in Festac. Festac is in the state it is due to federal govt years of neglect.
mbulela:
Re: Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta by Peinstein: 2:37pm On Sep 12, 2013
pheesayor: I stepped out for lunch and decided to take pictures of a portion of the said "borno road". This is off alagomeji bus stop on muritala mohammed road. If this thread isn't out of mischief, I wonder what else it can be

Thanks for the pictures, these roads dont look as bad as OP made it to be.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta by jpphilips(m): 2:38pm On Sep 12, 2013
publisher: Borno way located in the Ebute Metta East Area of Lagos state is one of the most prominent roads on the Lagos mainland.

Borno way was constructed to taste during the Jakande administration,well paved with side walks and street lights. Subsequent military administrations ensured that the road was well maintained,up until 1999. Borno way is an inner road that connects the famous Oyingbo market with several prime locations such as Adekunle, Alagomeji , down to Sabo,Yaba. Several businesses and middle class residential apartments are located along Borno way. Unfortunately,the current state of 'Borno way' starting from Oyingbo axis down to Adekunle will definitely bring tears to the eyes of long time residents of that area.

Many residents allege that Borno way (a state government road) is being punished because it's located within a PDP stronghold part of Lagos. The gist is that during Governor Tinubu's first term between 1999 and 2003,he had initiated the rehabilitation of Borno way but in 2003 people of that area voted massively for PDP during the 2003 elections and have remained punished and abandoned ever since.

A top AD local chieftain is quoted to have declared (in 2003) that the AD would teach 'Borno way people' a bitter lesson.
So,is this it?

Here are some pictures...

Typical Amaechi's second term roads, no biggie, we are used to it.
Re: Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta by pheesayor(m): 2:38pm On Sep 12, 2013
you're welcome o jare grin
Peinstein:

Thanks for the pictures, these roads dont look as bad as OP made it to be.
Re: Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta by Sunnybobo3(m): 2:39pm On Sep 12, 2013
No, this can not be Lagos. It's got to be Aba.
Re: Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta by legalcode(m): 2:41pm On Sep 12, 2013
realone2012: This ROAD isn't BAD enough I tell you!
Come to BADAGRY EXPRESS-WAY; A FEDERAL ROAD that links Nigeria with MOST WEST AFRICAN COUNTRIES (I MEAN COUNTRIES). They have been doing that road since 2007 courtesy Fashola who forced the FG hand. The condition of the road is MORE THAN being WORST, and they are still at MILE-2 (which is not more than 100M from where they started the road since 2007).
This Country is a Joke!!!

Your comment simply exposes you as a tribal bigot. Whats the connect btw this topic and FG? how can you compare the FG of 36 states with Lagos State.
Re: Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta by dbucas: 3:08pm On Sep 12, 2013
IF MY ROAD FOR ABA DE LIKE DIS NA EIM BE SAY I D LEAVE FOR THE BEST ROAD IN ABA, ABIA STATE.
Re: Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta by AMvanquish: 3:24pm On Sep 12, 2013
I know this road well! I used to pass it to go to work when I was still based in Lagos.. I was there 2 months ago and passed it . The road is bad to an extent but not entirely, iv seen worse..
Re: Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta by pappilo(m): 3:39pm On Sep 12, 2013
Its a federal road jor! Fashola is working, Lagos is working.
Re: Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta by http(m): 3:45pm On Sep 12, 2013
Na wa! the first pix there shows Ago-Egba African church school beside mount Carmel.... mennn that where i grew up, it's really shameful to see this kind beautiful area going down like this.

The lagos state government should do something about it.
Re: Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta by SEWORLD(m): 3:52pm On Sep 12, 2013
That road can still be ok. Come and see some that are very worst than this road.
Re: Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta by bloggernaija: 4:07pm On Sep 12, 2013
talktimi: so in your warped way of thinking, it is wrong for the electorate to ask their political leaders for democratic dividends. Pls within the next 24hrs try and grow a brain. Ok

Warp way of thinking ?init
Why not ask for Gold plated Cadillac .
Since you expect rather governor to pluck money from nowhere and start performing magic.
You have to balance your expectation with reality.
My own street,the place I grew up was a dirt road for 40 yrs until tinubu tarred it in 2000.
We considered ourselves lucky because major streets were not touched.
This was due to the fact that every resident obeyed planning laws ,built properly and every landlord contributed money( self taxed) to build a solid drainage system for our area in the 80's
The place only flooded once in the early 70's and has not since the drainage system was built,
he later did the other roads as well.
Many major street in Lagos have never seen a single tipper of sand in their history
There are street that are not even big enough for a car.
I HAVE NO DOUBT THAT THE FASHOLA GOVERNMENT IS AWARE OF THAT PROBLEM .
BECAUSE THAT IS HOW THEY OPERATE.
IT IS PROBABLY SOMEWHERE LOW ON A LIST OF PROJECT ,IN A SPREADSHEET .
BUT TRY TO BALANCE YOUR EXPECTATIONS WITH REALITY.
LAGOS IS ONLY A RICH ON PAPER AND IN POTENTIAL
LAGOS GETS THE LOWEST ALLOCATION PER HEAD IN THE COUNTRY AND ONLY THROUGH HARDWORK ,HAVE THEY BEEN ABLE TO GENERATE FUNDS TO DO WHAT THEY HAVE BEEN ABLE TO DO
THOSE WHO PUT THE MOST PRESSURE ON THOSE INFRASTRUCTURE ARE EITHER NEW RESIDENTS OR ECONOMIC REFUGEES FROM OTHER STATES.
THE POPULATION AND PRESSURE ON HER INFRASTRUCTURE ENSURES THAT MONIES REQUIRED FOR THE BENEFIT OF HER INDIGENS AND PRODUCTIVE RESIDENTS WILL CONTINUE TO BE USED TO MANAGE THAT BLOATED POPULATION.
Re: Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta by pheesayor(m): 4:42pm On Sep 12, 2013
bloggernaija:

Since you expect rather governor to pluck money from nowhere and start performing magic.
My own street,the place I grew up was a dirt road for 40 yrs until tinubu tarred it in 2000.
This was due to the fact that every resident obeyed planning laws ,built properly and every landlord contributed money( self taxed) to build a solid drainage system for our area in the 80's
The place only flooded once in the early 70's and has not since the drainage system was built,
Many major street in Lagos have never seen a single tipper of sand in their history
LAGOS GETS THE LOWEST ALLOCATION PER HEAD IN THE COUNTRY AND ONLY THROUGH HARDWORK ,HAVE THEY BEEN ABLE TO GENERATE FUNDS TO DO WHAT THEY HAVE BEEN ABLE TO DO
THOSE WHO PUT THE MOST PRESSURE ON THOSE INFRASTRUCTURE ARE EITHER NEW RESIDENTS OR ECONOMIC REFUGEES FROM OTHER STATES.
THE POPULATION AND PRESSURE ON HER INFRASTRUCTURE ENSURES THAT MONIES REQUIRED FOR THE BENEFIT OF HER INDIGENS AND PRODUCTIVE RESIDENTS WILL CONTINUE TO BE USED TO MANAGE THAT BLOATED POPULATION.
Re: Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta by meforyou1(m): 4:48pm On Sep 12, 2013
The road is not bad at all. go and check out the okigwe-onitsha federal highway at the arondizuogu end in imo state and u will understand the true definition of a bad road.
Re: Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta by PrinceAdepoju(m): 4:52pm On Sep 12, 2013
hmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta by afanide: 5:14pm On Sep 12, 2013
URGENT! Start Importation Business with as low as #7,500. DOUBTING? Visit: http://moneycreation.pw or call Chinedu on 08036932174
Re: Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta by Ewarrior: 6:53pm On Sep 12, 2013
sammhi: This is what most of the inner roads and streets in lagos are... and is not due to any PDP stronghold.. ..only the major roads have been rehabilitated and beautified... that is the great deception going on so that visitors will say gov Fasola is performing
pls go to Aguda, surulere, most of Ajah and Lekki inner streets, Iyana ipaja, etc. you will wonder what the government actually does with the 500bn budget ..as even good roads are luxury
have you pass some roads in Ikoyi ...e.g. the road beside NNpc fuel station. Its state is same as this....
LASG claim to have 9000 roads and streets...can you say 10%(900) are vehicle worthy? I doubt but LASG has VIOs on the roads to check vehicles for road worthiness. Another fraud!!. When even their BRT are not road worthy...Fasola LASG is the greatest deceit of government in lagos I have ever witness...we can go on and on...

LIES!!!

Anyone dat resides in lagos and moves around regularly will notice dat most inner roads are being fixed

And for u to say roads in surulere are bad, dat is a TERRIBLE LIE!! Infact Fashola has fixed more inner roads and streets in surulere than any other area in lagos.

Get ur facts right Mr

@Topic

All d roads in Lagos can't be fixed at once,I'm sure d road is somewhere on d list, it turn will surely come
Re: Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta by talktimi(m): 7:33pm On Sep 12, 2013
bloggernaija:

wetin concern gold plated cadillac and what we're talking about here ? Op has complained about the bad road in his vicinity and youre talking about luxury cars.. SMH... Your diatribe here doesnt nullify the fact that op has a right to complain if he/she isnt enjoying the dividends of democracy just the same way people complain about not feeling the impact of the fg for example. They have a right doesnt mean a govt doesnt have an order of precedence on their list so free the op abeg
Re: Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta by turawafett(f): 7:48pm On Sep 12, 2013
Andro Blaze: OP you have it good.

Come to Alpha Beach Road and you will know what neglect and vindictiveness is. Also when we ask our local leaders they say it is because we were sold to PDP too. What a wonderful democracy we live in.

That is not true, there is a legal action on the road and that is what is slowing the progress of that particular road, however the government is already working on the inner street roads example is ocean view estate.
Re: Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta by waleadex(m): 8:12pm On Sep 12, 2013
These roads na express for where Offin Road dey in Ikorodu... grin
Re: Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta by Wizcollifa(m): 8:19pm On Sep 12, 2013
Hahahahahahahhahahahaha fashola no be good Gov again? Fashola no dey do anything na only deport him sabi. APC is knw for destruction. Boko harams
Re: Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta by gratiaeo(m): 10:37pm On Sep 12, 2013
@op it be like say you never see bad road before, that beautiful road? Nairalanders abeg make una come to satellite town and do Christmas for una eyes. Smh!!! You see better road like that de complain. Abi you think say na London you dey
Re: Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta by Revolva(m): 12:02am On Sep 13, 2013
hey Ago Palace way is a mess.....infact all the street in Okota area are not tarred..with the whole beautiful houses there...flood everwhere....umm Maybe its due to the fact that that zone is dominated by igbos.. grin grin grin angry angry
Re: Pictures Of Destroyed Borno Way Road, Ebute-metta by anonimi: 11:26am On Sep 13, 2013
publisher: Borno way located in the Ebute Metta East Area of Lagos state is one of the most prominent roads on the Lagos mainland.

Borno way was constructed to taste during the Jakande administration,well paved with side walks and street lights. Subsequent military administrations ensured that the road was well maintained,up until 1999. Borno way is an inner road that connects the famous Oyingbo market with several prime locations such as Adekunle, Alagomeji , down to Sabo,Yaba. Several businesses and middle class residential apartments are located along Borno way. Unfortunately,the current state of 'Borno way' starting from Oyingbo axis down to Adekunle will definitely bring tears to the eyes of long time residents of that area.

The Akotileta (prodigal son) whose tenancy of Alausa house will expire on May 29, 2015 continues to destroy the very good legacy, services and infrastructure built by the REAL progressive ACTION governor of Lagos STATE, Alhaji Lateef Kayode Jakande.

He was in charge for ONLY four years (1979-1983) with a shoestring budget compared to the wasted 14 years of Tinubu and his boy, Fashola who rather than PROGRESS the state in the education sector have further bastardised the rot handed over by the ruinous MILITARY regimes by raising LASU fees from 25k to 250k to give just one example.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Is Nigeria’s Best President Ever – APC Chieftain / FG Okays New Package For Niger-delta / Video Showing Boko Haram Tactically Killing Over 100 Nigerian Soldiers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.