Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,006 members, 7,953,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:03 AM

Nigerian In US Arrested For Making Terrorist Threat On 9/11 Anniversary - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian In US Arrested For Making Terrorist Threat On 9/11 Anniversary (1365 Views)

9/11 Anniversary: America Remembers Lives Lost On One Of Its Darkest Days / Lieutenant Tobi Cohen, The Nigerian in Israeli Army / 11 Planes Go Missing At Libyan Airport,planes Could Be Used On 9/11 Anniversary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian In US Arrested For Making Terrorist Threat On 9/11 Anniversary by Nobody: 2:46am On Sep 12, 2013
Nigerians nor dey carry last for bad things. And no, he isn't a Muslim or hausa cry

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Inglewood-Man-Arrested-After-Threats-to-LAX-223252271.html

Members of a federal task force late Tuesday arrested a former TSA screener who they accused of making threats against Los Angeles International Airport, including "unspecified threats" related to the 12th anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

Nna Alpha Onuoha, 29, was taken into custody in Riverside before midnight by members of the Joint Terrorism Task Force with assistance from Riverside police officers, according to FBI spokeswoman Laura Eimiller.

Pending additional investigation, Onuoha will be held on suspicion of making threats, she said.

PHOTOS: Ex-TSA worker arrested

The arrest came after Onuoha allegedly made threats against LAX terminals earlier in the day following his resignation from his post as a screener with the Transporation Security Administration. Onuoha held the position since 2006 but had been suspended recently, Eimiller said.

Details about his suspension were not immediately available.

Eimiller said federal authorities began investigating Onuoha on Tuesday afternoon after he resigned from his job and allegedly left a suspicious package addressed to another employee at the TSA’s LAX headquarters. The Los Angeles Police Department’s bomb squad inspected the package and determined that it contained no explosives or harmful substances, she said.

The package, however, contained an eight-page letter in which Onuoha expressed his thoughts about the incident that led to his suspension and his disdain for the United States, Eimiller said.

Later in the day, she said, a man who federal authorities believe to be Onuoha allegedly called the TSA and instructed an employee to “begin evacuating certain terminals at the airport.” According to Eimiller, the caller allegedly told the employee he would be watching to make sure his instructions were carried out.

Federal authorities said the same man called the TSA a second time, again instructing that terminals be evacuated. Police cleared the terminals, but there appeared to be no threat to the airport, Eimiller said.

While searching Onuoha's apartment in Inglewood, members of the terrorist task force discovered a note taped inside a closet, Eimiller said. The note, she said, contained “an unspecified threat citing the 9/11/13 anniversary.”

Federal authorities then arrested Onuoha. It's unclear why he was arrested in Riverside, and further details about his arrest were not immediately available
Re: Nigerian In US Arrested For Making Terrorist Threat On 9/11 Anniversary by RoyalRoy(m): 3:44am On Sep 12, 2013
Another mad man giving Nigeria a bad name!!

If he is tired & unhappy with the U.S why not go home!

Nuisance, you don use your own foolishness to destroy other people "small chances" to enter God's own country now!
Re: Nigerian In US Arrested For Making Terrorist Threat On 9/11 Anniversary by Bright2(m): 3:46am On Sep 12, 2013
CNN will announce this for two weeks! So far it concern Nigerian,it will be on headline worldwide.Father help this country oo.
Re: Nigerian In US Arrested For Making Terrorist Threat On 9/11 Anniversary by MafiaMan: 4:31am On Sep 12, 2013
Royal Roy: Another mad man giving Nigeria a bad name!!

Nuisance, you don use your own foolishness to destroy other people "small chances" to enter God's own country now!

He's now mad because he is ibo, right? Would you have said same should the terrorist turns out to be a northerner or from southwest?

Guantanamo bay is a lovely place.
Re: Nigerian In US Arrested For Making Terrorist Threat On 9/11 Anniversary by fr3do(m): 4:33am On Sep 12, 2013
This is not news o
just another frustrated american misbehaving
afterall nothing was found on him
Re: Nigerian In US Arrested For Making Terrorist Threat On 9/11 Anniversary by fr3do(m): 4:40am On Sep 12, 2013
Mafia Man:

He's now mad because he is ibo, right? Would you have said same should the terrorist turns out to be a northerner or from southwest?

Guantanamo bay is a lovely place.

sharap man
u're not more igbo than me
but I wont let ethnicity blind my judgement
dont tribalize this thread.
And guantanamo bay is for terrorists not threat issuers.
Re: Nigerian In US Arrested For Making Terrorist Threat On 9/11 Anniversary by lagcity(m): 5:25am On Sep 12, 2013
i'm not gonna lie, Ibo sabi threaten ppl grin I think African Americans got it from them. Ibo and mouth chei!
Re: Nigerian In US Arrested For Making Terrorist Threat On 9/11 Anniversary by cKaiser: 5:34am On Sep 12, 2013
The guy was just being like his kinsmen

The type who says they have the best army in Africa while they only have 200 machetes

or like the one who named himself Father of Internet

See as him mouth don put am for trouble
Re: Nigerian In US Arrested For Making Terrorist Threat On 9/11 Anniversary by Tolexander: 5:52am On Sep 12, 2013
And the americans called him a nigeria?

He is a Jew !

Seems the US also don't like this 'Jews'
Re: Nigerian In US Arrested For Making Terrorist Threat On 9/11 Anniversary by Nobody: 5:54am On Sep 12, 2013
I think the guy is just madly inlove with prison!
Re: Nigerian In US Arrested For Making Terrorist Threat On 9/11 Anniversary by Yeske2(m): 6:02am On Sep 12, 2013
pDudd: cry

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Inglewood-Man-Arrested-After-Threats-to-LAX-223252271.html

Details about his suspension were not immediately available.

Eimiller said federal authorities began investigating Onuoha on Tuesday afternoon after he resigned from his job and allegedly left a suspicious package addressed to another employee at the TSA’s LAX headquarters.
Suspended, resigned which?
Re: Nigerian In US Arrested For Making Terrorist Threat On 9/11 Anniversary by wheelbarrow: 6:08am On Sep 12, 2013
This Ibo man is a disgrace to all law-abiding Ibos worldwide.

I hereby call on Ibos to disassociate themselves from this miscreant
Re: Nigerian In US Arrested For Making Terrorist Threat On 9/11 Anniversary by Confusionist(m): 6:15am On Sep 12, 2013
Royal Roy: Another mad man giving Nigeria a bad name!!

and u bilivd d US?
Those endangered id!ots that can frame anything to appear effective in the face of the world!

Eventually, the notes will be twisted and re-edited to buttress their point!

The truth is, the man might just write his grievances their and nothing more!

How many US citizen dnt wanna kill the president? Were they fuckin termed a terrorist?
Re: Nigerian In US Arrested For Making Terrorist Threat On 9/11 Anniversary by 99cent: 6:17am On Sep 12, 2013
this is silly. those TSA folks are just looking for scape-goat "terrorists" to show that they are doing their work.

"unspecified threat" my azz. aka all they are doing is probably finding terror where there is none. I'm sure anybody who mentions 9/11 in public can be arrested and charged for terrorism. esp if they are non-white or foreign.

the igbo guy's offense is probably simply that he got angry and was probably running his mouth and mentioned 9/11. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian In US Arrested For Making Terrorist Threat On 9/11 Anniversary by brosasamy(m): 6:26am On Sep 12, 2013
Confusionist: and u bilivd d US?
Those endangered id!ots that can frame anything to appear effective in the face of the world!

Eventually, the notes will be twisted and re-edited to buttress their point!

The truth is, the man might just write his grievances their and nothing more!

How many US citizen dnt wanna kill the president? Were they fuckin termed a terrorist?
too bad he's nigerian
Re: Nigerian In US Arrested For Making Terrorist Threat On 9/11 Anniversary by Expensive72(m): 7:15am On Sep 12, 2013
Last time I checked, Igbos are not terrorists nor do their lick Mohammed arss as some savages do

1 Like

Re: Nigerian In US Arrested For Making Terrorist Threat On 9/11 Anniversary by dridowu: 8:08am On Sep 12, 2013
Y are my pple giving Nigeria bad name everywhere ?
Re: Nigerian In US Arrested For Making Terrorist Threat On 9/11 Anniversary by Austeenxx: 9:09am On Sep 12, 2013
Patiently waiting for the tribal bigots of Nairaland... undecided
Re: Nigerian In US Arrested For Making Terrorist Threat On 9/11 Anniversary by deor03(m): 9:25am On Sep 12, 2013
There was no where in the report , that they named Nigeria as his country of Origin.

Not everyone that has Nigerian name is a Nigerian. For all you care, he might not even have a Nigerian passport
Re: Nigerian In US Arrested For Making Terrorist Threat On 9/11 Anniversary by mekaboy(m): 9:45am On Sep 12, 2013
So, they guy has not committed any crime and will be let go. The guy wrote a letter to his colleague stating his grievance and they call it suspicious package? How can a letter become suspicious package?

Secondly someone called the airport asking them to evacuate, I am sure the person might be somewhere around laughing. No there is no evidence he made the call as it can't be traced to him.

The threat that was pasted in his wardrobe, with 911 to it. I wonder why they can't read the threat, or all the could see is 9/11.

They don't have a case. The only thing is that they said he hates the US which most US citizens say and its not a crime.
Re: Nigerian In US Arrested For Making Terrorist Threat On 9/11 Anniversary by musaajebor(m): 10:49am On Sep 12, 2013
Expensive72: Last time I checked, Igbos are not terrorists nor do their lick Mohammed arss as some savages do
so you are implying that other tribes are terrorist with the exception of the ibo.u must be senseless.when muttallab was arrested, the hausas were stereotyped.when adebola was arrested in UK.the generallity of yorubas were termed terrorist. Now ibos are terrorising and u are talking rabbish.
Re: Nigerian In US Arrested For Making Terrorist Threat On 9/11 Anniversary by mekaboy(m): 12:19pm On Sep 12, 2013
musa ajebor: so you are implying that other tribes are terrorist with the exception of the ibo.u must be senseless.when muttallab was arrested, the hausas were stereotyped.when adebola was arrested in UK.the generallity of yorubas were termed terrorist. Now ibos are terrorising and u are talking rabbish.

Do you know what terrorism means? Show me an act of terrorism in the story that is directly linked to the man. The suspicious package is a letter which contains no explosive or harmful content. Mutalab had explosives.

Someone called and asked the airport to be evacuated, there was no bomb threat and the call cannot be traced to him.

The suspicious threat in his wardrobe they siad had 9/11 written on it and did not read the content of the note. So this case or guy has no act of terror linked to him.

Unlike the adebolaji who was found with a knife and gun and beheaded the soldier in broad day light. I don't support tribalism when crimes related to Nigeria are posted, but I will say that in this case, there is no act of terror related directly to the guy.

(1) (Reply)

Gov. Akpabio Barred From Aso Rock Villa By President Goodluck Jonathan / Monthly Salaries Of Our Senators / Yoruba And Their Useless Interests

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.