Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,711 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:51 PM

Fair Weather Friends - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Fair Weather Friends (998 Views)

How To Cope In This Hot Weather! / What To Eat During Pregnancy For Fair And Intelligent Babies / Guys, What Do You Consider To Be A Fair Dowry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fair Weather Friends by largie(f): 7:49pm On Jun 18, 2008
We have this family friends that are good as long as we are ones giving emotionally or otherwise.Being christians and the fact that both families are from the yoruba speaking tribe we did not see anything to it for long time.Few occasions that I had to ask them for favors were always like I'll call you back and afterwards calls starts getting into voicemails that were returned.There was an incident the husband sold 3 fairly used laptops to us and later came back after 6months to ask if he could pay us back to have at least one of those laptops at the price he sold them because they got expensive.Still we felt it was okay until they started behaving funny when we needed favor from them.The situation now is that they are in a financial stress and want us to bail them out but deep down me I don't want to.Could someone advise me on this please.
thanks
Re: Fair Weather Friends by Godalone(m): 2:16pm On Jun 19, 2008
Do not pay evil with evil,whatever you do for them just believe that you are doing it for God.Be your brother's keeper and i am sure if you help them out they will never forget your family.
Re: Fair Weather Friends by otokx(m): 3:40pm On Jun 19, 2008
You are still asking questions until you go die na YES SIR.
Re: Fair Weather Friends by ifyalways(f): 4:39pm On Jun 19, 2008
largie:

We have this family friends that are good as long as we are ones giving emotionally or otherwise.Being christians and the fact that both families are from the yoruba speaking tribe we did not see anything to it for long time.Few occasions that I had to ask them for favors were always like I'll call you back and afterwards calls starts getting into voicemails that were returned.There was an incident the husband sold 3 fairly used laptops to us and later came back after 6months to ask if he could pay us back to have at least one of those laptops at the price he sold them because they got expensive.Still we felt it was okay until they started behaving funny when we needed favor from them.The situation now is that they are in a financial stress and want us to bail them out but deep down me I don't want to.Could someone advise me on this please.
thanks
You help cos You want to help and not cos someone adviced you to do so ! ! !
If am in ur shoes,i wud help them IF i have the means. forget abt whatever has transpired,if you want to help them,if you dont want to throw away ur face.its ur life !
Re: Fair Weather Friends by iice(f): 4:18pm On Jun 25, 2008
I agree with ify.
lol @ fair weather friends, people sef, una get power and time

(1) (Reply)

How To Revive A Broken Home / Plea For Help / Family Album (nice)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.