Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

What Do You Hope To Be Remembered For? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Do You Hope To Be Remembered For? (8897 Views)

We Hope To Die Same Day — 81-year-old Twins (photo) / What Will You Name Your First Child And The Gender You Hope Or Want It To Be? / If you have 3days to live;do You Like To Be Remembered Like This. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Hope To Be Remembered For? by Nobody: 11:32am On Sep 12, 2013
Some time ago, I took my Dad to get treatment.
While there I decided to also do a routine test and check up, that was smart because it was discovered that I was at the early stages of what would have become terminal in a few years or months.

So I started treatment too, and thankfully at early stages it is 100 percent curable and treatable.

However these days with a lot of time on my hands "resting", I have been imagining what my obituary would have been like.

Have I been a good employee or boss?
Have I been a good wife ( with all my small small trouble and mouth pushing"

My boys are young but would they have had fond memories of me?

I am mostly a very pratical and driven person, however, what I have learned from this is that family is first, when you are lying In bed sometimes too weak to do anything for yourself if you have a good family you are very lucky.

Also it is good to be prepared. Calmly prepare your mind for eventualities but pray and hope everything works out well.

It is very important to know what is going on in your body. I had few symptoms but I overlooked them, if I hadn't used the opportunity to check hmmm.

Most times we ignore our body, we can service our cars, mend our clothes but we ignore our body.

Rest and relax, life is not perfect, no one has it all, but enjoy the good parts you have, that's what keeps you going in days like this.

Okay so no pity parties oh, am fine, will soon be back to work self, I just felt like sharing a little today.

Enjoy life, be HAPPY, don't live to fulfil anyones obligations, because for me when the reality of death came, I looked back and was happy for some of my life choices even though it was against popular opinions then.
Don't face death a bitter person filled with "What ifs"

Happy living everybody.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Hope To Be Remembered For? by bellong: 11:41am On Sep 12, 2013
I want to be remembered that I served God and my generation..................... The words of it to echo through time as long as the earth remains..

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Hope To Be Remembered For? by UjSizzle(f): 11:47am On Sep 12, 2013
Living life to the fullest and service to humanity smiley

Some people really need to relax and breathe. Life's too short and beautiful to run through it like a marathon. Take your time and live healthy cos someday ur kinsmen will be munching the fruit of your labour undecided

1 Like

Re: What Do You Hope To Be Remembered For? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Sep 12, 2013
debrief08:
I am mostly a very pratical and driven person, however, what I have learned from this is that family is first, when you are lying In bed sometimes too weak to do anything for yourself if you have a good family you are very lucky.

Also it is good to be prepared. Calmly prepare your mind for eventualities but pray and hope everything works out well.

It is very important to know what is going on in your body. I had few symptoms but I overlooked them, if I hadn't used the opportunity to check hmmm.

Most times we ignore our body, we can service our cars, mend our clothes but we ignore our body.

Rest and relax, life is not perfect, no one has it all, but enjoy the good parts you have, that's what keeps you going in days like this.

Okay so no pity parties oh, am fine, will soon be back to work self, I just felt like sharing a little today.

Enjoy life, be HAPPY, don't live to fulfil anyones obligations, because for me when the reality of death came, I looked back and was happy for some of my life choices even though it was against popular opinions then.

Happy living everybody.

Lovely thread especially the point that we ignore our bodies. I got a reality check a few weeks back that made me realise I was no longer as young as I used to be and needed to take things easy. Back to the thread, we have only one life to live and we dont know when it is going to end.

I believe in the 80-20 rule. 20% of people around me contribute 80% of my happiness, so I learn to identify the most important people to me and be the best I can be to them (my family and closest friends). Not so worried what the other 80% think about me as I am not planning on going for elections.

I dont care too much about work as I believe I am still there because they need me, the day they no longer need me, I'll be fired and the day I get a better offer, I'll leave too. But my philosophy in life draws from the parable of the talents in the bible. I believe like everybody else I have been given talents (skills, knowledge etc) and what I constantly ask myself is "what am I doing with my talents". Am I trading it for more or am I hiding it in the sand. I want to be remembered as someone who touched lives and maximised his talents!

5 Likes

Re: What Do You Hope To Be Remembered For? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Sep 12, 2013
I recently saw a movie (The Confession) that got me extremely emotional and tuned my thoughts along the line of this topic.
I'll like to live my life to the fullest (and a good old age by God's grace) and be remembered as someone who has nothing that cannot be given out. I pray God empower me to give more; to the needy, to friends, to colleagues and to family. It's the only way I think ones life now and in the world beyond can be deemed impactful.
Dear Debrief,
Im a passive nairalander but you are one of the contributors I really respect. May God keep and preserve you in sound health and till a good old age (Amen)

1 Like

Re: What Do You Hope To Be Remembered For? by RoyalRoy(m): 1:10pm On Sep 12, 2013
I want to leave big prints on the sand of time.

Let me be remembered for helping the people around me achieve their dreams!

Let me be remembered for making all around feel good about themselves.

Let me be remembered as that dude that lived his life to the fullest, no sworn enemies, no regrets about life & certainly no sorrow behind for people who know me!

1 Like

Re: What Do You Hope To Be Remembered For? by damiso(f): 2:10pm On Sep 12, 2013
I want to be remembered as that person who touched the life of people I met along the journey in a positive way.Not necessarily in a grandiose or large way but in little ways that might mean a big deal to the other.I also want to leave not just accomplishing here but in readiness for the hereafter.

I realised recently that I have been procrastinating by sayiing when I am rich I want to give back.No I dont have to be rich, I need to learn to give a little of myself (and am not talking just money)to all those I come across each day.Like Nashville said am I utilising my talents?Am I worrying about the right things? Am I blessing others? Or I am hogging onto the wrong things?

Like my signature says I believe life is not a sprint so I keep praying for the endurance and strength of character to last the whole race (however long or short it might be).

Debrief its nice to hear you will be ok.Thank God for that.I used to be typical naija who just 'prays' not to get sick.My GP would send me reminders for smear test, I wont even open il just bin it.My husband too was the same not cos he was binding illness cheesy bit just cos he just hates going to the doctors.But a family friend got diagnosed with a condition that was able to be treated cos it was caught early.Me and my husband have now realised that our kids need healthy parents so we both have had medicals this year.

We really need to change our mindset about illness.People who get ill did not necessarily not pray enough.It can happen to anyone.
Re: What Do You Hope To Be Remembered For? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Sep 12, 2013
debrief08: Some time ago, I took my Dad to get treatment.
While there I decided to also do a routine test and check up, that was smart because it was discovered that I was at the early stages of what would have become terminal in a few years or months.

So I started treatment too, and thankfully at early stages it is 100 percent curable and treatable.

However these days with a lot of time on my hands "resting", I have been imagining what my obituary would have been like.

Have I been a good employee or boss?
Have I been a good wife ( with all my small small trouble and mouth pushing"

My boys are young but would they have had fond memories of me?

Happy living everybody.

Awwwww . . . . sad sad

Ok you said no pity parties but still I'm sorry that you had to pass trough all that and Thank God you are fine now. hopefully your obituary will be drafted by your great grand children . . . AMEN!
Re: What Do You Hope To Be Remembered For? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Sep 12, 2013
Don't know o!
Debrief, u were down and u said we shouldn't feel for u?
Abeg move one side jor!
Is it bc its e forum?
I'm happy u r good. So happy.
*dancing etigi*

I always drag hubby to hospital whether he likes it or not.
Infact he has no choice.

Dami u r right. Hubby is d casting and binding type. Confess faith. After that I will just tell him since u ve done d spiritual, its now time for the physical.
And believe u me, that's one of the best gift u can give ur family.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Hope To Be Remembered For? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Sep 12, 2013
Lol Uju, amen oh.
Damiso getting medicals is scary for anyone, waiting for results is worse.
I don't care what anyone says even if you test for HIV every month, you will still be scared for the results. Same with cancer.
However, it is comforting to know that what ever the results early detection is always better than living in denial.
We can't change the result or outcome but we won't be taken by surprise when it has eaten deep into us.

Life is very fragile, no one wakes up and prays for death or sickness but it happens, however by knowing what's going on in our bodies we can reduce the risks.

Its hard but necessary.

May we not be victims of denial or ignorance.

Believe me, am a testimony that early detection indeed saves lives.
Re: What Do You Hope To Be Remembered For? by sokoanugwa: 2:47pm On Sep 12, 2013
Debrief08, know that your healing is confirmed long time ago and you will live long to see your children children.

I will like to be remembered as some one that came and left an unequaled footprint on the sand of time.

Like to leave an inheritance for my children children and my generation
Re: What Do You Hope To Be Remembered For? by mysticgal(f): 5:43pm On Sep 12, 2013
i want my footprints on the sand of the earth and to be said of

a generator to my generation
a person who believed you cannot be disabled from anywhere but the mind
a lover of kids and a great daughter,sister,cousin,niece,friend,wife and mother.
so many things and more.
Re: What Do You Hope To Be Remembered For? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Sep 12, 2013
The sacrifices I've made
Re: What Do You Hope To Be Remembered For? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Sep 12, 2013
Nothing. Of what use are memories?

1 Like

as a catholic
as a staunch chelsea fan

a lover of breaking bad undecided
Nothing.

Once I'm gone, I'm gone.

Remembering me won't change a thing or affect the price of garri cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Do You Hope To Be Remembered For? by omanifrank(m): 6:30pm On Sep 12, 2013
pDude: Nothing.

Once I'm gone, I'm gone.

Remembering me won't change a thing or affect the price of garri cheesy

oboy easy na
Re: What Do You Hope To Be Remembered For? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Sep 12, 2013

Being a cool and funny bloke. Bringing smiles and laughter to grumpy Nairalander's faces with my ILLUMATI and Y U Do Dis and Merman and What Am I Supposed To Feel jokes.

Hope you guys laughed, 'cause I sure did!

1 Like

Re: What Do You Hope To Be Remembered For? by Youngzedd(m): 6:30pm On Sep 12, 2013
My works will tell.
Re: What Do You Hope To Be Remembered For? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Sep 12, 2013
Best surgeon ever!
Re: What Do You Hope To Be Remembered For? by seniourman(m): 6:31pm On Sep 12, 2013
So
Re: What Do You Hope To Be Remembered For? by seniourman(m): 6:31pm On Sep 12, 2013
i
Re: What Do You Hope To Be Remembered For? by Youngzedd(m): 6:32pm On Sep 12, 2013

Your own don finish be that Ooool!

grin grin
Re: What Do You Hope To Be Remembered For? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Sep 12, 2013
mysticgal: i want my footprints on the sand of the earth and to be said of

a generator to my generation
a person who believed you cannot be disabled from anywhere but the mind
a lover of kids and a great daughter,sister,cousin,niece,friend,wife and mother.
so many things and more.

if na mikano = confirm

If na I-pass-my-nebor undecided lipsrsealed
Re: What Do You Hope To Be Remembered For? by Lilchilz(m): 6:34pm On Sep 12, 2013
na assu they call dis thinq ooo

This ASUU strike is a miasma of a
d eprecable apothesis of an
hemorrhaging plutocracy,
cascadingly
oozing into a malodorous
excrescence of mobocracy. With all
termagant ossifying proclivities of a kakistocracy, our
knowledgia centura is
enveloped in a paraphlegic crinkum
crankum. Therefore ASUU, cest in
dejavu, dejavu peret ologomabia.
Translate It If you can...
Re: What Do You Hope To Be Remembered For? by nerodenero: 6:34pm On Sep 12, 2013
Most times we ignore our body, we can service our cars, mend our clothes but we ignore our body
True talk.
Wish I could die for mankind and be remembered while on earth and when beyond. Mandela's achievement readily comes to mind.
Re: What Do You Hope To Be Remembered For? by Rexphobia(m): 6:36pm On Sep 12, 2013
Yet to think about that
Re: What Do You Hope To Be Remembered For? by tspun(m): 6:37pm On Sep 12, 2013
op nice one! I just learnt something from your post.
Re: What Do You Hope To Be Remembered For? by trolling(m): 6:38pm On Sep 12, 2013
"Our"walls are continually before God, so "we" will always be remembered but earthly people and their inventions shall be forgotten,it shall return to the dust
Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee.
Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.Isaiah 49:15-16
Re: What Do You Hope To Be Remembered For? by nerodenero: 6:41pm On Sep 12, 2013
Lil chilz: na assu they call dis thinq ooo

This ASUU strike is a miasma of a
d eprecable apothesis of an
hemorrhaging plutocracy,
cascadingly
oozing into a malodorous
excrescence of mobocracy. With all
termagant ossifying proclivities of a kakistocracy, our
knowledgia centura is
enveloped in a paraphlegic crinkum
crankum. Therefore ASUU, cest in
dejavu, dejavu peret ologomabia.
Translate It If you can...
Hon.Patrick's disease has infected you too .Pele oooogrin. Don't blame it on ASUU rather blame it on the disease.
Re: What Do You Hope To Be Remembered For? by Big4wig(m): 6:41pm On Sep 12, 2013
bia OP,next 4 days is my bday & i left teenage age few years back,+ i av alot ahead of me so DEATH is not in my equation in jesus name buh i no dat dey d way i leave my life in future will definitely be remembered

if you wish to WISH ME happy BDAY in advance abeg CLICK LIKE

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Scared Of Remaining Single / Extended Family Or Nuclear Family, Which Do You Prefer? / Opinion From Mothers Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.