Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,118 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

17 Years After, Tupac Lives On... - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 17 Years After, Tupac Lives On... (30495 Views)

Dagrin Lives On : Today Marks 2 Years Since He Died / Which Is The Greatest/best Tupac Song? / Tupac (2Pac) Is Alive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

17 Years After, Tupac Lives On... by ajanaku2(m): 7:58pm On Sep 12, 2013
Chima and I were returning from extramural classes late in the evening, when We met Chima's elder Brother, "Brother Kelechi", moody and teary-eyed sitting on a pavement close to the gate of that indelible House somewhere in Ikate, Surulere, Lagos...It was the 14th day of September, 1996. Chima's My Childhood, best friend, "Brother Kelechi", his elder brother was about 10 years older than Chima and I, teenage JSS 3 students...

"Brother Kelechi, why are you crying?", Chima asked soberly, obviously not oblivious of the pains on Brother Kelechi's face. "You won't understand", Brother Kelechi retorted in a very condescending tone. After further probing from Chima and Brother Kelechi wanting to be on his own and wallow in Solitudinous grief, he finally told Chima, "My Man, Tupac is dead"...Chima laughed at him mockingly, after which he responded "Tupac Ko, Threepac ni!" That was the first time I heard someone mention "Tupac"...Later in the Night on that very day, I came outside to play and Alas, I still saw Brother Kelechi on the same spot on that very pavement; He must have loved and revered Tupac!

I began listening to Tupac in 1997 when I was in SSS 1, thanks to Odinakachi and Wale, who were always rapping Tupac's and Biggie's and arguing a lot about who was better...Well, I haven't stopped listening to the Maestro. I believe his songs are timeless, just like Fela's...

I'm so into him; His songs, his Poetry, his writings and his books...He's more than a Mentor. My relationship with him transcends the physical realm. He's like what Jesus is to My church-crazy, Christian Mother...He's like a god to Me...

Ask 20 different persons who Tupac was and I'm sure you'd get 20 different Answers...A Rapper, an Actor, a song writer, a Poet, a Revolutionary, A Social Crusader, an Activist, a Philosopher, a Philantropist, An author, et al...After smoking 2 full wraps of pure weed, while listening to Tupac with My Hit-'em-up-lovin' Street-Hommie, Azike years back, I ploddingly asked him, "Mad Man, apart from say Tupac na Rapper, wetin you think say hin be again?"..."A thug Life Motherfuckin' Bastard!", he responded with a very wide grin! I actually loved his response as it was so on Point...

After reading Tupac's book of Poetry, "The rose that grew from Concrete", I gave it to Maria, a Colleague at the office, who's aware of My love for Tupac and seems to loathe Tupac and My admiration for him...She rebuffed, claiming She doesn't want her mind corrupted. I actually begged her with a promise to buy her Lunch that very day, after which she reluctantly accepted the book..."Tupac has his good sides ooo. He's actually a nice person but he loves Women a lot", Maria told Me, three days after she collected the book...

My Ex B!tch cried after listening to Tupac's "Dear Mama". She said she wished her Mum was alive to receive unbridled Love from her...To all you out there thinking Tupac was just a Gangster not to be taken serious, He was actually a lovin', down-to-earth Street boy who gave his heart to the Poor and down-trodden in the Society...I recommend you Guys to download songs from his Better Days (Volumes 1 and 2) albums. I also recommend songs like "Brenda's got a baby", "I ain't mad at cha", "Dear Mama", "Keep your head up"...and a lot more...

And to all you Tupac Adherents who expect him to come back sometimes in the future, hope not, Niggers!...I believe He's gone but He lives in Our Hearts while We listen to his eternally sacred songs. He was never scared of Death but of coming back into this cruel, unjust world reincarnated...I heartily believe He's in a better Place, the serenest of terrains - No Cops, No KKK, No Illuminati, No double-dealing B!tches, No snitchin', back-stabbing snaky Hommies...

I'm also sure he must have made up with Christopher Wallace...and now Cronies with Billie Holliday, Marilyn Monroe, Marvin Gaye, Malcolm X, Martin Luther King (Jr.), Bob Marley, Nate Dogg, Johnny J (This Latino dude produced most of Pac's songs) et al...He must have probably met Our own Fela in a weed-smoking Joint up there in "Thugz Mansion"...

Tomorrow, the 13th day of September, 2013 will be the 17th anniversary of his metamorphosis...Exactly 17 years after Afeni Shakur, Pac's Mama, implored the Doctors at the Southern Nevada University Medical Centre, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA to unplug the Life support Machine; Involuntary euthanasia, Medicos call it!

Well, I opened this thread to create an avenue for Tupac Extremists like Me to pay tributes to the Rose that grew from a crack in the Wall, Makaveli, the Don Killuminati...Let's post our favourite Tupac Songs and Quotes. I know they're kinda many but can We post one for each, please!

I'm not a WriTER, neither am I a BloGGER but you can call Me a Tupac-Thug-Life-inspired Bard...so pardon My errors and grammatical blundERS...

THUG LIFE till I die...

- AJANAKU ti n Migbo kiji kiji...kiji...

46 Likes

Re: 17 Years After, Tupac Lives On... by ajanaku2(m): 7:59pm On Sep 12, 2013
Favourite Tupac Song:

Life goes on

Favourite Tupac Quote:

"...Let Me say this for the Records...I am not a Gangster, and never have been. I'm not the Thief who grabs your Purse. I'm not the Motherphuck£r who jacks your car. I'm not down with the People who steal and hurt Others...I'm just a Brother who fights back..."

- Tupac Shakur (June 16, 1971 – September 13, 1996)

6 Likes

Re: 17 Years After, Tupac Lives On... by FreeGlobe(f): 8:47pm On Sep 12, 2013
RIP to one of the greatest ever! Enough Respect. Dude may be in Cuba though.

3 Likes

Re: 17 Years After, Tupac Lives On... by Masterbiodun: 9:15pm On Sep 12, 2013
Legends live Forever..!!!

It's Hard for Me to pick my favourite Pac's Song tho, Some of my favs are ; Better Days, Changes, Dear Mama, Reminisce, Thugz Mansion....

Favourite Quote ; "Am not Saying am gonna change the world, but I guarantee I will spark the Brain that will"

Rest in Power 2pac Amaru Shakur......

5 Likes

Re: 17 Years After, Tupac Lives On... by FreeGlobe(f): 9:27pm On Sep 12, 2013
As for my favorite pac song, Anyone that soothes my mood at any given time. Lots to choose from, still I rise, time to die, dear mama, keep ya head up etc
Re: 17 Years After, Tupac Lives On... by Wayne4uall(m): 6:22am On Sep 13, 2013
Rip Tupac makaveli June 16 1971 - Sept 13 1996, The most influential artist of all time Tupac. You will forever live in my heart, is hard for me to pick my favourite pac song, dear mama, God bless the world, wen I get free, beta days, all eyes on me, black Jesus, do for love, changed man, changes, hit dem off, Ghetto gospel,

Re: 17 Years After, Tupac Lives On... by crazygod(m): 7:41am On Sep 13, 2013
Arguably the greatest rapper of all time. Damn this guy actually predicted a black US president and niggas jst made fun of him. I luv his songs like ghetto gospel, changes, niggas cnt see me, life goes on feat janet jackson, live and die in LA.... RIP. Makavelli.
Re: 17 Years After, Tupac Lives On... by donfemzy: 8:35am On Sep 13, 2013
Me and 2 pac dey chill for here o
Re: 17 Years After, Tupac Lives On... by Nobody: 8:36am On Sep 13, 2013
wetin concern tupac with kelechi again? angry

I opened this thread thinking they found tupac somewhere like in the witness protection program only to find this shit. undecided

4 Likes

Re: 17 Years After, Tupac Lives On... by Nobody: 8:36am On Sep 13, 2013
2pac reps the street! But he killed himself,he insulted other rapppers not even BEEF! But i still love you bro! You are LEGEND!!!

Re: 17 Years After, Tupac Lives On... by uzeba(m): 8:36am On Sep 13, 2013
the main baddo™

2 Likes

Re: 17 Years After, Tupac Lives On... by chimchim1(m): 8:36am On Sep 13, 2013
I believe so
Re: 17 Years After, Tupac Lives On... by Big4wig(m): 8:37am On Sep 13, 2013
I miss d guy oo..he raps better Dan all dis noisy rappers of dis days

click like if u av ever heard his hit track ''LETTER TO MY UNBORN CHILD''

#BIGWIG

24 Likes

Re: 17 Years After, Tupac Lives On... by younghally(m): 8:38am On Sep 13, 2013
....u claim to b a nigga but i Bleep ur wife...LoL...he iz truely a legend....

1 Like

Re: 17 Years After, Tupac Lives On... by princealexndre(m): 8:38am On Sep 13, 2013
Rip makaveli! I love his songs too! Most especially TRAPPED
Re: 17 Years After, Tupac Lives On... by Ejovwoke(m): 8:38am On Sep 13, 2013
R.i.P You are a legend.
Re: 17 Years After, Tupac Lives On... by akpur1(m): 8:39am On Sep 13, 2013
I miss him. I even look like him
Re: 17 Years After, Tupac Lives On... by xynerise: 8:39am On Sep 13, 2013
undecided. Ok
Re: 17 Years After, Tupac Lives On... by cnwamo(m): 8:39am On Sep 13, 2013
He was undoubtedly good at what he did, have listened to virtually all his albums

Still listen to them once in a while

When Rap was still Rap

Not all this auto tune crap we listen to everyday

R.I.P 2pac

1 Like

Re: 17 Years After, Tupac Lives On... by kaeto(m): 8:40am On Sep 13, 2013
TUPAC refa si empri (tupac reigns forever and ever)
Re: 17 Years After, Tupac Lives On... by 222Martins(m): 8:40am On Sep 13, 2013
I am a Die-Hard Tupac's Fan and i will remain so until the end of time...................But on a more serious note, i see a correlation between Tupac and our DaGrin. Their rap style, their struggles, and they both foresaw their death.

Ghetto Dreams = Until the End of Time
If I Die = Life Goes On / Unborn Child
Re: 17 Years After, Tupac Lives On... by taiocol: 8:40am On Sep 13, 2013
favrite track change, dump, hit em all, akon ft 2pac nd biggie(my mixtape) ghetto.
Quote: i dnt see no changes all i(2pac) see is races places

1 Like

Re: 17 Years After, Tupac Lives On... by simp: 8:41am On Sep 13, 2013
you get the liquor and i can get the female.

guess which track this phrase is and i send you a mtn card
Re: 17 Years After, Tupac Lives On... by farouqzaib: 8:41am On Sep 13, 2013
Ghetto Gospel.
Re: 17 Years After, Tupac Lives On... by lilmax(m): 8:41am On Sep 13, 2013
Even though we both came from the same place is the money and the fame made us all change places

2 Likes

Re: 17 Years After, Tupac Lives On... by Chiscomax(m): 8:42am On Sep 13, 2013
I need one moderator who is a 2pac fan to complete this;
" you claimed to be a player but I..."
Re: 17 Years After, Tupac Lives On... by Lilprocess(m): 8:42am On Sep 13, 2013
Karma is surely a b**it**ch
Re: 17 Years After, Tupac Lives On... by point5: 8:42am On Sep 13, 2013
RIP baba 2pac..ur legacy in music livz on...
Re: 17 Years After, Tupac Lives On... by neutralg(m): 8:44am On Sep 13, 2013
legend guys
Re: 17 Years After, Tupac Lives On... by Burger01(m): 8:44am On Sep 13, 2013
I really miss him. His lyrical thesis is always mind blowing. Can't do not listening to one of his songs a day.

RIP bruv. You are still best among the lots..

sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Oya Dab Is Not A Cult Slang, Here Is The Real Meaning / Davido Ft R. Kelly – If (remix) (audio) / What does Gongo Aso mean?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.