Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,728 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:01 PM

Importing New Original Spare Parts To Nigeria - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Importing New Original Spare Parts To Nigeria (5942 Views)

Shipping Cars And Spare Parts To Nigeria From USA / Ever Had Your Keys Locked Inside Your Car, With No Spare Around? / Ladipo Spare-Parts Market Finally Shut-down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Importing New Original Spare Parts To Nigeria by roosebolton: 8:34am On Sep 13, 2013
Hi guys, giving the pathetic state of the Nigerian spare part market which is completely dominated by fakes. I have decided since it's virtually impossible to get original spare parts in the path, might be the best thing is to consider getting them online from reputable sites like amazon (which has a huge car parts division).. I have seen the prices of the parts quoted on amazon and am surprised to find that they aren't as expensive as one would think.. Anyway I intend to imports the parts I need for the car I just got (a Mazda 3) mainly shocks, oil filter, breakpads, and Positive crankcase ventilation (the default is prone to defect which can lead to excessive oil usage)

As anyone here imported the parts needed by his car online before? if yes, what was the experience like and how much am I likely to pay as import duty if parts are shipped by USPS Priority Mail Express International.

Also I really would rather get my parts here in NIgeria, so if anyone knows where I can get original parts anywhere in Nigeria (preferably) abuja, kindly let me know. Price is not a consideration.
Re: Importing New Original Spare Parts To Nigeria by Cyberknight: 10:08am On Sep 13, 2013
Amazon US doesn't ship to Nigeria. Amazon UK does ship to Nigeria, but not auto parts, only books, CDs, DVDs, clothing. Items that are easy to insure basically, because if your shipment goes astray, they have to replace it at their own expense and unlike in organised countries they can't trace packages that get lost in the mail. Another way in which Nigeria has been systematically excluded from sectors of the global economy. You'll need to have someone in the US or UK to whom you can have the parts sent to for onward delivery here through one of these courier companies like IFEX.
Re: Importing New Original Spare Parts To Nigeria by baconline(m): 10:11am On Sep 13, 2013
I bought metal bearings from ebay and they were very ok,my mechanic now bought a top gasket from d local market and it went flat in just a few hours usage,I have to get d original gasket from ebay but I am scared that during shipping it might be damaged
Re: Importing New Original Spare Parts To Nigeria by roosebolton: 11:36am On Sep 13, 2013
baconline: I bought metal bearings from ebay and they were very ok,my mechanic now bought a top gasket from d local market and it went flat in just a few hours usage,I have to get d original gasket from ebay but I am scared that during shipping it might be damaged
Thanks for this imformation, I thought ebay didn't use to ship to Nigeria? also did you pay any import duty or you paid just the cost of shipping. Lastly what mode of payment was accepted by ebay?
Re: Importing New Original Spare Parts To Nigeria by roosebolton: 11:39am On Sep 13, 2013
Cyberknight: Amazon US doesn't ship to Nigeria. Amazon UK does ship to Nigeria, but not auto parts, only books, CDs, DVDs, clothing. Items that are easy to insure basically, because if your shipment goes astray, they have to replace it at their own expense and unlike in organised countries they can't trace packages that get lost in the mail. Another way in which Nigeria has been systematically excluded from sectors of the global economy. You'll need to have someone in the US or UK to whom you can have the parts sent to for onward delivery here through one of these courier companies like IFEX.
Thanks, I will look into that. Might be the best route for me.
Re: Importing New Original Spare Parts To Nigeria by JUO(m): 11:48am On Sep 13, 2013
i got bulb from amazon yesterday. you have to like 3 weeks or more to get the item
Re: Importing New Original Spare Parts To Nigeria by roosebolton: 1:32pm On Sep 13, 2013
JUO: i got bulb from amazon yesterday. you have to like 3 weeks or more to get the item
How where u able to order and pay? directly or via a 3rd party resident abroad.
Re: Importing New Original Spare Parts To Nigeria by DisGuy: 3:11pm On Sep 13, 2013
JUO: i got bulb from amazon yesterday. you have to like 3 weeks or more to get the item

come on, surely they dont have fake bulbs in the local market!!
Re: Importing New Original Spare Parts To Nigeria by Nobody: 3:37pm On Sep 13, 2013
I ship genuine automobile parts to Nigeria regularly, for my clients. There are no duty / clearing fees involved, as I always make sure my shipped prices include clearing and duty fees.

Shipping time is 5 - 7 working days.
Re: Importing New Original Spare Parts To Nigeria by Jazzlite: 3:48pm On Sep 13, 2013
siena I need some parts for my German....PM?

Siena: I ship genuine automobile parts to Nigeria regularly, for my clients. There are no duty / clearing fees involved, as I always make sure my shipped prices include clearing and duty fees.

Re: Importing New Original Spare Parts To Nigeria by chukel(m): 4:32pm On Sep 13, 2013
Am also tryin to order car parts. But d parts are really limited on amazon especially if u r looking for oem nd nt aftermarket parts. For doz who av patronised amazon, do dy ask for activation code on using mastercard or its just d codes infront nd behind d card? Wat r d shipping rates like. Heard dy r a rip-off
Re: Importing New Original Spare Parts To Nigeria by roosebolton: 7:50pm On Sep 13, 2013
Siena: I ship genuine automobile parts to Nigeria regularly, for my clients. There are no duty / clearing fees involved, as I always make sure my shipped prices include clearing and duty fees.

would not mind us doing business oo.. Perhaps u could drop me ur email so I can reach u back stage wink
Re: Importing New Original Spare Parts To Nigeria by roosebolton: 7:53pm On Sep 13, 2013
chukel: Am also tryin to order car parts. But d parts are really limited on amazon especially if u r looking for oem nd nt aftermarket parts. For doz who av patronised amazon, do dy ask for activation code on using mastercard or its just d codes infront nd behind d card? Wat r d shipping rates like. Heard dy r a rip-off
Many after markets parts out there are really good and have been made to meet OEM specs. In many cases they are even better than the OEM parts by fixing known defects in the latter. An example is the oil filter for my mazda and even the Pcv both have better after market parts compared to OEM. You just have to do some research and due diligence on the part u intend on getting. Check what the street cred of the after market part maker is.
Re: Importing New Original Spare Parts To Nigeria by Nobody: 9:06pm On Sep 13, 2013
roosebolton: would not mind us doing business oo.. Perhaps u could drop me ur email so I can reach u back stage wink

siena_@hotmail.co.uk
Re: Importing New Original Spare Parts To Nigeria by Nobody: 11:45am On Sep 14, 2013

how possible and how much will it cost 4 u 2 buy and ship in some AMG,Lorinser or Zender body kits like side skirts and bumbers,headlights,White indicators,smoked and red rearlights 4 the dying 190 i want 2 refurbish?
i really wanna get dz ride bk 2 place in this period of ASUU Strike since its been grounded for yearz..am still looking for funds though.
Re: Importing New Original Spare Parts To Nigeria by IdaraCHODB(m): 6:32am On Sep 15, 2013
We deal in OEM parts delivered direct to your door.

Try [url]___[/url]

We know many have been duped on Nairaland

So we sign a legal agreement with you covering 1. your purchase and 2. The shipment from overseas to Nigeria.

We also give you a quote that includes official custom charges so your goods will not be confiscated.

https://www.nairaland.com/1366578/worried-fraud-here-carparts.com.ngs-terms

Also note that when do business with [url]---[/url], you are not dealing with a faceless individual who can grow wings and disappear into thin air but with a limited liability company incorporated under the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and that has been in business since the early 2000s with a name/reputation to protect.

If we default, you can take up the matter with Corporate Affairs Commission, EFCC, the police or even the courts thus setting the machinery of state against the company and its directors, but we won't default.

We also have an office in Abuja.

SO its up to you to decide who to deal with but rest assured dealing with us cannot be a wrong choice!

We can give you a free no-obligation quote here: [url]---[/url]

NOTE:
[i]When shopping for replacement parts, we will need the make, the model, the year of the car as well as the VIN. You don’t need to have the number of the part, but if we have all the details above, then we will be able to guarantee providing you with an EXACT FIT, which is what you really want – that it fits the first time and works like it did from the factory.

This is so because even identical cars of the same year can use a different power steering pump or alternator.

By doing the above, we eliminate the need to do costly returns because the part does not fit, we thus save you money and make you happy with us the first time and all the time.

[/i]Delivery Options include: Next International Flight, 5 days, 7 days, 14 to 21 days or 30 days it all depends on your pocket and the size of the shipment

NOTE II:

I am not saying every individual who carries on business here is a fraud because they are a few honest people who believe their name is worth more than cash. All I am saying is Caveat Emptor! Because its pretty easy for an individual to escape the law and change his home, office, telephone numbers, etc and aliases not so for a company.
Re: Importing New Original Spare Parts To Nigeria by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 15, 2013
Bossforeva: how possible and how much will it cost 4 u 2 buy and ship in some AMG,Lorinser or Zender body kits like side skirts and bumbers,headlights,White indicators,smoked and red rearlights 4 the dying 190 i want 2 refurbish?
i really wanna get dz ride bk 2 place in this period of ASUU Strike since its been grounded for yearz..am still looking for funds though.

Very possible bro. But personally, I wouldn't be looking at cosmetics just yet. I would first get the mechanical side assessed, and see what she needs to get her up and running. It's possible all she needs to run is a battery, fresh gas, spark plugs and leads, rotor arm and distributor cap. All of which are readily available in Nigeria.

I'm not sure how long the car's been left sitting, and if it's a carburetor or fuel-injected model, but if she's fuel-injected, likely she'll need a new fuel pump. Stale fuel plays havoc with electric pumps, and they often seize up.

You can also shoot me an email.
Re: Importing New Original Spare Parts To Nigeria by Nobody: 2:55pm On Sep 15, 2013
Siena:

Very possible bro. But personally, I wouldn't be looking at cosmetics just yet. I would first get the mechanical side assessed, and see what she needs to get her up and running. It's possible all she needs to run is a battery, fresh gas, spark plugs and leads, rotor arm and distributor cap. All of which are readily available in Nigeria.

I'm not sure how long the car's been left sitting, and if it's a carburetor or fuel-injected model, but if she's fuel-injected, likely she'll need a new fuel pump. Stale fuel plays havoc with electric pumps, and they often seize up.

You can also shoot me an email.
its goin to 2years now the engine has been left reduntant. I dn't knw yet whether to rework or to get another engine; possibly, am
reworking on it but if i get much funds,then am swaping the engine for a W202 kompressor engine.
Its a carburettor engine anyway.
Am currently budgetin N50,000 for the engine work and some mechanical aspects and over N150,000 for the rest of Job..
Am starting a thread on this restoration tommorow as soon as i get the car pictures and will keep updating once i keep getting free will donations and sponsorships from big fishes on Nairaland especially.
Thanks.
Re: Importing New Original Spare Parts To Nigeria by Nobody: 10:31am On Sep 16, 2013
Siena:

I wouldn't be looking at cosmetics just yet. I would first get the mechanical side assessed, and see what she needs to get her up and running. It's possible all she needs to run is a battery, fresh gas, spark plugs and leads, rotor arm and distributor cap. All of which are readily available in Nigeria.

Engine nd Mechanical systems 1st.thankz
Re: Importing New Original Spare Parts To Nigeria by Nobody: 1:28pm On Sep 17, 2013
i own a 2001 Nissan Maxima GLE, i was involved in a minor accident, which didnt leave my car with any major damages, other than a deployed airbag. i wish to replace the airbags and all mechanic outlet i attend keeps suggesting that i furge it. im confused about what to do. i only wish to replace with a geniune one preferrably one thats imported,cos i hardly trust the spare parts markets to help out with something as delicate as an airbag. pls and suggestions on how i can achieve this?
Re: Importing New Original Spare Parts To Nigeria by IdaraCHODB(m): 1:53pm On Sep 17, 2013
frankinstine: i own a 2001 Nissan Maxima GLE, i was involved in a minor accident, which didnt leave my car with any major damages, other than a deployed airbag. i wish to replace the airbags and all mechanic outlet i attend keeps suggesting that i furge it. im confused about what to do. i only wish to replace with a geniune one preferrably one thats imported,cos i hardly trust the spare parts markets to help out with something as delicate as an airbag. pls and suggestions on how i can achieve this?

Send me a private message, adverts not allowed on cartalk and I'll tell you the way forward
Re: Importing New Original Spare Parts To Nigeria by grafikii: 9:41am On Aug 13, 2015
IdaraCHODB:
We deal in OEM parts delivered direct to your door.

Try [url]carparts.com.ng[/url]

We know many have been duped on Nairaland

So we sign a legal agreement with you covering 1. your purchase and 2. The shipment from overseas to Nigeria.

We also give you a quote that includes official custom charges so your goods will not be confiscated.

https://www.nairaland.com/1366578/worried-fraud-here-carparts.com.ngs-terms

Also note that when do business with www.carparts.com.ng, you are not dealing with a faceless individual who can grow wings and disappear into thin air but with a limited liability company incorporated under the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and that has been in business since the early 2000s with a name/reputation to protect.

If we default, you can take up the matter with Corporate Affairs Commission, EFCC, the police or even the courts thus setting the machinery of state against the company and its directors, but we won't default.

We also have an office in Abuja.

SO its up to you to decide who to deal with but rest assured dealing with us cannot be a wrong choice!

We can give you a free no-obligation quote here: http://carparts.com.ng/CarOwners2.aspx

NOTE:
[i]When shopping for replacement parts, we will need the make, the model, the year of the car as well as the VIN. You don’t need to have the number of the part, but if we have all the details above, then we will be able to guarantee providing you with an EXACT FIT, which is what you really want – that it fits the first time and works like it did from the factory.

This is so because even identical cars of the same year can use a different power steering pump or alternator.

By doing the above, we eliminate the need to do costly returns because the part does not fit, we thus save you money and make you happy with us the first time and all the time.

[/i]Delivery Options include: Next International Flight, 5 days, 7 days, 14 to 21 days or 30 days it all depends on your pocket and the size of the shipment

NOTE II:

I am not saying every individual who carries on business here is a fraud because they are a few honest people who believe their name is worth more than cash. All I am saying is Caveat Emptor! Because its pretty easy for an individual to escape the law and change his home, office, telephone numbers, etc and aliases not so for a company.
Hi, can you help buy and ship engine oil additives from the
US, I need Lucas stop leak and lubeguard atf conditioner.
Re: Importing New Original Spare Parts To Nigeria by IdaraCHODB(m): 11:01pm On Aug 13, 2015
grafikii:

Hi, can you help buy and ship engine oil additives from the
US, I need Lucas stop leak and lubeguard atf conditioner.

ok

(1) (Reply)

Pre-order Or Nigerian Buy; Which Is Better? A Dealer's Insight! / My Car Has A High Idle Rpm / Nissan To Recall Over 17,000 Units Of Infiniti QX30

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.