Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,281 members, 7,818,949 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

30-story Building Built In 15 Days - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 30-story Building Built In 15 Days (34711 Views)

57 Storey Building Built In 19 Days- China / PHOTOS: The Most Expensive And Sophisticated House Ever Built In Nigeria / Coffin-shaped Toilet Built In Australian Cemetery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 30-story Building Built In 15 Days by stonemind(f): 7:40pm On Sep 13, 2013
how many likes for this
Re: 30-story Building Built In 15 Days by zynzyn(m): 7:41pm On Sep 13, 2013
Remember before we used to laugh at Japan and Taiwan products?

Mind you this building is for Chinese people. They won't compromise on building standards.

Our people ought to be studying how they did it!

3 Likes

Re: 30-story Building Built In 15 Days by DonColz1(m): 7:43pm On Sep 13, 2013
China things no dey last.
Re: 30-story Building Built In 15 Days by wiilly02(m): 7:43pm On Sep 13, 2013
its 9ce to know that china is progressin in the area of technology n machines but also in the architecture...but come 2 think of it! A building built in 15days!!! Datz inhuman....i wonder if dey let the cement dry at all...d way i see it...dis building was built 2 show people dat such a thing kan be done,it wasnt built 4 human habitation,kus dis buildin has a half life of 15hours
Re: 30-story Building Built In 15 Days by yuzedo: 7:43pm On Sep 13, 2013
Seriously though, nothing scary here; technology is ever-evolving and the bounds of knowledge are being tested and discovered. The status-quo is being challenged by the discovery of new methods and materials.. Thats ~ science.

A thousand years ago, maybe they didn't know you could build a duplex in 3-6months. (I say "maybe" because ancient architecture was pretty solid, the suez canal is worthy of its status as a construction wonder, egyptian works generally, fantastic stuff amongst other notable examples around the world.

Speed and efficiency as well as aesthetics are just being tested now. But the world has come far and wiill go even further.

2 Likes

Re: 30-story Building Built In 15 Days by Nobody: 7:44pm On Sep 13, 2013
That is not news people, my dad built his five deck building under 14days in Onitsha with less expertise and sophistication, it is a record ask people that reside in Onitsha, tongue tongue tongue Meanwhile kudos to the Chinese even though i hate em tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: 30-story Building Built In 15 Days by Nobody: 7:45pm On Sep 13, 2013
Re: 30-story Building Built In 15 Days by mcdokwe(m): 7:45pm On Sep 13, 2013
ledafaze:

Do you think we can achieve this in Nigeria? I am not talking about doing it in lesser days... but something like this should be looked into by our Governors cos the presidency na one clown like that... It takes planning and they got it right!
you do not have to cast aspersions on the person of the president....... the chinese president didn't build it; engineers did

3 Likes

Re: 30-story Building Built In 15 Days by Tintinnoty(m): 7:46pm On Sep 13, 2013
Hummmmmmm me dey always doubt anything made in China o including this building
Re: 30-story Building Built In 15 Days by martyns303(m): 7:46pm On Sep 13, 2013
After a natural disastar in china, the govt. Built a bridge in less than a week, can't remember the length of the bridge, they've discouvered a cement that hardens up very quickly. And I bliv the building is strong, since it can carry its own weight.

1 Like

Re: 30-story Building Built In 15 Days by Fynestboi: 7:50pm On Sep 13, 2013
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

chaii cant say anytn other than that building is odikwa risky to step in grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 30-story Building Built In 15 Days by penzino(m): 7:50pm On Sep 13, 2013
Becchi: If man were meant to fly...

Leonardo: ...he would have been born
with wings, yes. But a similar assertion
could have been made prior to the
invention of gunpowder. Or the wheel. Or
any other invention conceived since the
fire. I believe man will fly. And I base this
assumption on the fact that God has blessed
us with minds that are capable of imagining
it. Anything that can be dreamt of will
eventually be built. Anyone who says
otherwise is a fool.
Re: 30-story Building Built In 15 Days by AbuMikey(m): 7:51pm On Sep 13, 2013
My eyes have read it all shockedshocked
Re: 30-story Building Built In 15 Days by excellencyabia1: 7:52pm On Sep 13, 2013
you that don't trust them do they need your trusth? when you spend your lifetime in one business when will you enjoy it how twenty years building project have collapsed in Nigeria the ones you trust. China life made easy.
Re: 30-story Building Built In 15 Days by BlogStablecom(m): 8:06pm On Sep 13, 2013
End Time Tinz
Re: 30-story Building Built In 15 Days by Smooyis(m): 8:07pm On Sep 13, 2013
Royal Roy: Two stories per day!

Made Built in China!!

I can't trust that building for a minute!!!
Nothing is really impossible with God. I guess it must have been 24hours daily. Meaning day and night non stop. And i think the entire building must be a tangle of iron rods and other steel materials rather than bricks. KUDOS nonetheless.

1 Like

Re: 30-story Building Built In 15 Days by Brite02(m): 8:08pm On Sep 13, 2013
Built in 15days...........I would not enter such building tongue lols risk @ its peak tongue
Re: 30-story Building Built In 15 Days by Nobody: 8:08pm On Sep 13, 2013
End Time Building grin grin

1 Like

Re: 30-story Building Built In 15 Days by femooshad(m): 8:10pm On Sep 13, 2013
this was 2011 ... the current feat the company that did this want to achieve is to build a fortress that can house about 15,000 people in 3 months .. they have taken engineering to a whole new level
Re: 30-story Building Built In 15 Days by basilo101: 8:11pm On Sep 13, 2013
Dey might hv spent years prefabricating d structural members, concrete nids enof tym 4 proper curing. Evn at that, d soil doesnt lyk being sudenly heavily loaded, dia cud b rapid settlement
Re: 30-story Building Built In 15 Days by Smooyis(m): 8:15pm On Sep 13, 2013

Made Built in China!!

Anything can happen with proper planning. I guess the entire structure is a tangle of iron or steel materials rather than bricks. Kudos to the chinese nonetheless.
Re: 30-story Building Built In 15 Days by adedayourt(m): 8:17pm On Sep 13, 2013
And I hear say china product no d̶̲̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ last
Re: 30-story Building Built In 15 Days by Nobody: 8:18pm On Sep 13, 2013
Is op related to the moderator or what? There are similar and way older threads about this building here on nairaland. Why did this one make front page?

Bsb is already building the tallest building in the world and they intend to finish it in 7 months.

I don't know what is wrong with the black man, it is alright to call the chinese fake and chinko but if they call you ape or money, then they are racist. This ignorance has got to stop. I wonder how many of you have seen the 'made in china' on your sacred apple products.

China is a master of OEM products and they can manufacture to the buyer's taste. Instead of calling them fake, hold the igbo men and women that go to china to buy goods that won't pass any port in the world except Nigeria's.

2 Likes

Re: 30-story Building Built In 15 Days by physise(m): 8:19pm On Sep 13, 2013
chinko building
Re: 30-story Building Built In 15 Days by manny4life(m): 8:20pm On Sep 13, 2013
This is clearly possible with technology (equipment and systems), resources (money/finance and manpower) and what have you. Don't forget that the plan has already existed on paper, don't forget that some of the materials required could have been fabricated and stored waiting on execution, this was the execution, so every has rehearsed what needs to be done. If a contractor will build it for 8hrs a day with 10-15 workers, why cant the same contractor hire 2 or 3x same amount for three shifts of workers working 24hrs a day? That's the power of money and resource...Anything is possible.
Re: 30-story Building Built In 15 Days by jideroland(m): 8:24pm On Sep 13, 2013
It sometimes amazes me how people with internet could be so slow. a simple Google search will inform you of the building's strengths or weaknesses.
Re: 30-story Building Built In 15 Days by Fadelex(m): 8:25pm On Sep 13, 2013
the topic is supposed to be "30 storey building assembled in 15days"
it is not possible to have a structure with reinforcement built within that short period..... I've watched d video, what they did was assembling of building components using steel and fabricated elements.
make dem try am with reinforced concrete.

1 Like

Re: 30-story Building Built In 15 Days by Nobody: 8:25pm On Sep 13, 2013
Freiburger: me no fit step into that kind of building o grin
Me neither. It's scary. Did they even allow the foundation to settle in before puting other layers on it and not just talking of one or two more floors, thirty whole floors!!! The feare of it crumbling at anytime woun't let me step in it.
Re: 30-story Building Built In 15 Days by Smooyis(m): 8:26pm On Sep 13, 2013

Made Built in China!!

Nothing is really impossible with God. I guess it must have been 24hours daily. Meaning day and night non stop. And i think the entire building must be a tangle of iron rods and other steel materials rather than bricks. KUDOS nonetheless.
Re: 30-story Building Built In 15 Days by Brite02(m): 8:26pm On Sep 13, 2013
Baybe: End Time Building grin grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 30-story Building Built In 15 Days by manny4life(m): 8:26pm On Sep 13, 2013
blink182: Is op related to the moderator or what? There are similar and way older threads about this building here on nairaland. Why did this one make front page?

Bsb is already building the tallest building in the world and they intend to finish it in 7 months.

I don't know what is wrong with the black man, it is alright to call the chinese fake and chinko but if they call you ape or money, then they are racist. This ignorance has got to stop. I wonder how many of you have seen the 'made in china' on your sacred apple products.

China is a master of OEM products and they can manufacture to the buyer's taste. Instead of calling them fake, hold the igbo men and women that go to china to buy goods that won't pass any port in the world except Nigeria's.

Hypocrite. Like it's ONLY Igbo men and women that go to China to buy substandard goods. What about the Yoruba and Hausa customs who man the port of entry, are they are 10x guilty for accepting bribe and letting the goods come through?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nairalander With Linda Ikeji / World’s Smallest Woman & The Man With Largest Feet / Dangote Truck Crushes 8 People To Death In Edo State. Graphic Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.