Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,393 members, 7,826,518 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

Who Is Interested In Moderating This Section? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Who Is Interested In Moderating This Section? (1912 Views)

No Adverts In This Section: The Antispam Bot Will Ban You / Detergent Business Proposal To Those Who Is Interested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Who Is Interested In Moderating This Section? by Obinoscopy(m): 7:50pm On Sep 13, 2013
Distinguished Nairalander,

Here comes another opportunity to serve as a moderator in Nairaland.

The Business Section needs a Moderator to assist in enforcing the rules of the board and the forum. So,

- Have you read the rules & regulations guiding this forum?

- Are you willing to abide and enforce them strictly?

- Are you Passionate about this section (do you post/visit often)?

- Do you Spend enough time online daily?

- Are you level-headed and willing to take instructions from the Admin?

- Can you work together with your co-mods as a team?

If you answered 'YES' to these questions and you wish to be a part of this team, please say so here.

Thank you.
Re: Who Is Interested In Moderating This Section? by naijacutee(f): 8:14pm On Sep 13, 2013
God bless you.
Re: Who Is Interested In Moderating This Section? by toluxa1(m): 8:35pm On Sep 13, 2013
YES to all except the first one. I have not read the R and R.
Re: Who Is Interested In Moderating This Section? by chibunna90: 9:21pm On Sep 13, 2013
I am fully ready to be a moderator.
Re: Who Is Interested In Moderating This Section? by nwaogbo4(m): 9:28pm On Sep 13, 2013
yes willing to be a moderator
Re: Who Is Interested In Moderating This Section? by groworldwide: 9:40pm On Sep 13, 2013
Yes
Re: Who Is Interested In Moderating This Section? by coalcoal1(m): 10:46pm On Sep 13, 2013
is there any monetary reward for being a moderator?
Re: Who Is Interested In Moderating This Section? by Opiosko: 5:06am On Sep 14, 2013
Yes, very interested. The biz section is my home my home in Nairaland, i lives, eat, sleeps and dream here. I'v read the rule, have always observed them and have never been banned before. I'm excited about the prospect and do hope to be considered to filled the slot. Thanks in advance. Long live Nairaland! Long live Naija hustlers!! Long live The Fed Rep of Naija!!!
Re: Who Is Interested In Moderating This Section? by Nobody: 7:18am On Sep 14, 2013
am interested
Re: Who Is Interested In Moderating This Section? by anex4real: 8:12am On Sep 14, 2013
Yes am willing to be a moderator here. I love this bussiness section a lot. Yes to all the rules and regulation.
Re: Who Is Interested In Moderating This Section? by ajbabs(m): 10:53am On Sep 14, 2013
I am interested
Re: Who Is Interested In Moderating This Section? by DueTime(m): 10:53am On Sep 14, 2013
I am interested in being a moderator of this section.

Thanks.
Re: Who Is Interested In Moderating This Section? by Excelboi(m): 11:22am On Sep 14, 2013
Highly interested. Long serving nairalander for 3yrs. Will do the moderating diligently and to the best of my capability. Thank You
Re: Who Is Interested In Moderating This Section? by Excelboi(m): 11:32am On Sep 14, 2013
coal_coal: is there any monetary reward for being a moderator?
I dont think there is any reward. Money is not everything now. Passion and selfless service will go a long way. That why i'm willing to volunteer.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Interested In Moderating This Section? by Jamji: 11:41pm On Sep 14, 2013
Excelboi: Highly interested. Long serving nairalander for 3yrs. Will do the moderating diligently and to the best of my capability. Thank You

3 years, thats small nah. what about moi since 2008? and there's no salary with all the money oga don make ehn? abeg make una carry go!

1 Like

Re: Who Is Interested In Moderating This Section? by fatherab1: 7:37am On Sep 15, 2013
Busy building ♏Ɣ business †̥☺ be one
Re: Who Is Interested In Moderating This Section? by kedukc(m): 8:10pm On Sep 15, 2013
naijacutee was doing a good job, nne what happened?
Re: Who Is Interested In Moderating This Section? by ddestiny20(m): 12:28am On Sep 16, 2013
Yes I am interested.
Re: Who Is Interested In Moderating This Section? by puskin: 12:24pm On Sep 16, 2013
Too many spammers abound in this section.

Another MOD would surely ease things up.
Re: Who Is Interested In Moderating This Section? by puskin: 12:25pm On Sep 16, 2013
Obinoscopy: Distinguished Nairalander,

Here comes another opportunity to serve as a moderator in Nairaland.

The Business Section needs a Moderator to assist in enforcing the rules of the board and the forum. So,

- Have you read the rules & regulations guiding this forum?

- Are you willing to abide and enforce them strictly?

- Are you Passionate about this section (do you post/visit often)?

- Do you Spend enough time online daily?

- Are you level-headed and willing to take instructions from the Admin?

- Can you work together with your co-mods as a team?

If you answered 'YES' to these questions and you wish to be a part of this team, please say so here.

Thank you.

Hmmmm........I wouldn't mind moderating HERE.
Re: Who Is Interested In Moderating This Section? by Excelboi(m): 1:53pm On Sep 16, 2013
NO conclusion yet? Wanna lend a helping hand as stated earlier.
Re: Who Is Interested In Moderating This Section? by omoredia: 2:03pm On Sep 16, 2013
yes! i can do this job!
Re: Who Is Interested In Moderating This Section? by internetonline: 6:01pm On Sep 16, 2013
My name is Oluwaseun Paul, i spend 22 hours connected to the internet. i am very available to moderate this business section of nairaland.com
am a web designer, i understand forum moderation, rules and regulations and efficient friendly techniques to enforce them to the latter.
thanks.
Re: Who Is Interested In Moderating This Section? by toluxa1(m): 10:26pm On Sep 16, 2013
Jamji:

3 years, thats small nah. what about moi since 2008? and there's no salary with all the money oga don make ehn? abeg make una carry go!

You're still a boy
Re: Who Is Interested In Moderating This Section? by toluxa1(m): 10:26pm On Sep 16, 2013
internetonline: My name is Oluwaseun Paul, i spend 22 hours connected to the internet. i am very available to moderate this business section of nairaland.com
am a web designer, i understand forum moderation, rules and regulations and efficient friendly techniques to enforce them to the latter.
thanks.

Vampire Diaries
Re: Who Is Interested In Moderating This Section? by dinggle: 12:01am On Sep 17, 2013
What's the payout and what happened to the previous moderator?
Re: Who Is Interested In Moderating This Section? by databoy247(m): 7:31am On Sep 17, 2013
Am interested. cool
Re: Who Is Interested In Moderating This Section? by dgifted: 12:11pm On Sep 17, 2013
Can I appy ? Ave been a admin in some good sites
Re: Who Is Interested In Moderating This Section? by xJaysonx(m): 8:34am On Sep 18, 2013
Yes, I love business so I love this forum.
Re: Who Is Interested In Moderating This Section? by 1286298(m): 3:17pm On Sep 18, 2013
I am interested. Anyone that will be given the assignment should be someone up to the task please.

CAREER EXPERIENCE
HALLMARK NEWSPAPER, Km 12, Lagos-Ibadan expressway, Isheri-North (Sept. 2012 till date)
FINANCIAL ANALYST
 Analysis and reporting on Economic, Business and Financial related data.
 Internal training for non-financial-oriented journalists.
 Performing business and other related presentation, accounts reconciliation and business research. Liaising with money & capital market units for data analysis & interpretation
 Following up on Goldman Sach, Wallstreet, and Bloomberg market analysis for global financial information.
 Banks and other financial institutions annual performance evaluation, analysis of annual reports of banks and non-banks financial institutions
 Researching and evaluation of financial products for publication
 Analyse financial information to produce business, industry and economic forecasts.
 Assemble spreadsheets and draw charts and graph to illustrate technical reports
 Financial and business consulting for internal use and for publication.
 Assist other desk in computing and analysing data for use
 Responsible for monitoring fundamental economic, industrial and corporate developments through the analysis of information obtain from financial publications

SCP PROFESSIONALS LLC, Ikoyi, Lagos (August, 2010 – Sept, 2012)
SENIOR FINANCE|BUSINESS ANALYST

 Directed financial management functions including development of monthly/quarterly financial statements, financial forecasts and budgets.
 Overseeing general accounting & business functions, including AR/AP, account reconciliation and cash management.
 Administer all financial management systems, financial/business data analysis, evaluating and integrating new applications & reporting.
 Develop highly skilled accounting and financial management team to achieve established objectives. Interact with the Board and Partners concerning financial forecasts and reports.
 Responsible for reviewed business and financial team output and key account management
 Responsible for researching macro and micro economic conditions with fundamentals to make recommendation
 Responsible for presenting oral and written investment and business reports to clients
 Prepare plans for action for investment based on economic or financial analysis
Key Achievements:
 Assisted in implementation of technology that improved tracking reducing operating expenses by 20%.
 Strategically restructured financial management processes in accordance with organisational changes and developed alternative investment market strategies.
 Served among the key leader in effectively managing 15% annual revenue growth and encourage and implement know your customers intelligence.

MIKANO INTERNATIONAL Ltd, 34/35 ACME Road, Ikeja, Lagos (Feb, 2010- August, 2010)
INTERNAL AUDITOR

I worked within the internal audit/Investigation team to help at strengthening the internal control system of the company.
 Monitored compliance in relation to the company risk management policy and continuous reporting to Head, Risk Management & Control
 Performed investigative functions and conducts various fraud examinations of book of accounts
 Ensured effective working of Risk management and internal control system
 Maintained risks register for the company.
 Responsible for determined scope of review in conjunction with Senior Auditor
 Assigned to periodically review suitability of internal control designed
 Conducted risk assessment of assigned functional areas with required timeline
 Collating ,Checking and analysing spreadsheet data and perform audit calculations

Key Achievements:
 Uncovered frauds in the system and made necessary reports to the Finance Manager and Controllers which reduced payroll cost and reconcile labour turnover report of the firm.
 Completed successfully various audit investigations within the team.

INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES MANAGEMENT Ltd, Lagos. (July, 2006 – Jan, 2010)
ACCOUNTANT
 Prepared ledger, draft financial statement & accounts reconciliation.
 Developed budgets and performed variance analysis in accordance with business plan.
 Compiled periodic financial reporting packages for senior management carried out internal audits to ensure regulatory compliance and operational efficiency/accuracy.
 Built and led teams in carrying out special projects
 Performed periodic assessment of accounting system and control
 Responsible for preparation of monthly sales reports using spreadsheet for analysis
 Verify and reconcile contracts, orders, and vouchers, prepared reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to settlement
 Compiles and analyses financial information to prepare entries to book of accounts
 Payroll account management and reconciliation

Key Achievements:
 Reduced monthly closing cycle by three days with identification and recommendation of enhanced closing procedures.
 Assisted in developing internal control system and structural overhaul for the company
JOAS NIGERIA ENTREPRISES LTD., Ibadan, Oyo State (January, 2000 – May, 2003)
ACCOUNTS OFFICER
 Closed and prepared monthly financial statements and expense reports.
 Performed monthly account reconciliations and monitored general ledger transactions.
 Ensure accuracy and integrity of financial information in support of overall business objectives.
 Journal entries and reconciliation of sub-ledger account (Inventory)
 Perform any other related functions assigned by the management
Key Achievements:
 Saved substantial amount in annual expenses through identification of inaccurate and unnecessary vendor payments.
 Increased productivity levels by providing key contributions toward automation of account reconciliation processes.
JOAS NIGERIA EXTREPRISES, LTD, Ibadan, Oyo State (January, 1997 – December, 1999)
ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT
 Carried out general ledger functions, including account analysis and reconciliation, journal entries and Account Receivable /Account Payable.
 Recording financial information for the enterprise. Prepared cost estimates and expense record.
 Maintain petty cash book and fixed asset register for the enterprise.
 Sales account management and update
 Stock taking and reporting
Key Achievement:
 Consistently met deadlines while demonstrating strong analytical and problem-solving skills to achieve corporate objectives.
 Successfully perform higher accounting functions in the organization

EDUCATION
Bachelor of Science, Economics – 2nd Class Upper (2008)
(IMO STATE UNIVERSITY – Owerri, Nigeria)

Bachelor of Science, Applied Accounting
(Oxford Brookes University, UK)

PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP
Graduate Member - CHARTERED INSTITUTE OF ADMINISTRATION, NIGERIA

Final Level (P7) - ASSOCIATION OF CHARTERED CERTIFIED ACCOUNTANTS

Associate Member/587966 - ASSOCIATION OF CERTIFIED FRAUD EXAMINERS, US

Level 1 (Dec, 2013) - CHARTERED FINANCIAL ANALYST, UNITED STATES

1 Like

(1) (2)

Please! And Please! I Need A Writing Job! / T / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.