Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,959 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? (19028 Views)

Worlds Sexiest Accents / Top 13 Countries With The S*xiest Accents In The World / Are These The World's Sexiest Accents? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Sep 14, 2013
Seriously, what's with the fake American accents undecided. They are presenting to a Nigeria audience and not American audience, why change your accent? It's getting annoying.
Some even make use of the accent when speaking pidgin English, Smh embarassed

12 Likes

Re: Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? by Dyt(f): 1:23pm On Sep 14, 2013
*in american accent*
Oh well, we all wanna feel among

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Sep 14, 2013
Dyt: *in american accent*
Oh well, we all wanna feel among
LOL!
Re: Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? by yame014: 1:54pm On Sep 14, 2013
I wonder too o...why form accent?...the funny thing is that most of them commit grammatical blunders...mtchewww

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? by Osama10(m): 2:22pm On Sep 14, 2013
Its very funny when you hear some of them speaking that have not even travelled outside their state. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Sep 14, 2013
Osama10: Its very funny when you hear some of them speaking that have not even travelled outside their state. grin grin
gringrin
Re: Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? by tpia5: 2:25pm On Sep 14, 2013
If you dont like the accent of the people you are spying on, then ask your boss to give you another assignment- maybe someone with a nigerian or carribean accent.

James bond wannabe, how pathetic.
Re: Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? by Dyt(f): 2:36pm On Sep 14, 2013
Frm now on
My accent has changed

Madam tpia
Re: Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Sep 14, 2013
tpia@:
If you dont like the accent of the people you are spying on, then ask your boss to give you another assignment- maybe someone with a nigerian or carribean accent.

James bond wannabe, how pathetic.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? by Dyt(f): 2:38pm On Sep 14, 2013
Baybe:

Lmao
She's dat way

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? by Nobody: 2:52pm On Sep 14, 2013
Dyt:

Lmao
She's dat way
Pheww! Thanks for the tip smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? by YoshiMaster: 7:33pm On Sep 14, 2013
Baybe: Seriously, what's with the fake American accents undecided. They are presenting to a Nigeria audience and not American audience, why change your accent? It's getting annoying.

You need to hear them on radio, "Oh my Gawd, Oh my Gawd!"

There is a way you can speak in a refined manner without faking, guess they don't gerrit.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Sep 14, 2013
Yoshi-Master:

You need to hear them on radio, "Oh my Gawd, Oh my Gawd!"

There is a way you can speak in a refined manner without faking, guess they don't gerrit.
Lol!
Re: Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? by mikigen(m): 8:43pm On Sep 14, 2013
Most especially channels t.v
Re: Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Sep 16, 2013
I love nigerian accent just soo different nd nice...

Y they trying to be what they not
Smh!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? by ghettodreamz(m): 3:10pm On Sep 16, 2013
Una go fear fear na!

As e be say Naija people, una too like sexy things and una fake faking too much nah. Where is the sense of originality? Where is the sense of belonging to the African race? D list goes on.....
Re: Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? by Ajibel(m): 3:10pm On Sep 16, 2013
'Cuz they just wanna gonna be like 'em cheesy
Re: Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Sep 16, 2013
Baybe: Seriously, what's with the fake American accents undecided. They are presenting to a Nigeria audience and not American audience, why change your accent? It's getting annoying.

Examples
Re: Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? by Ajibel(m): 3:12pm On Sep 16, 2013
Am i seeing double This thread appears 2ce on fp
Re: Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Sep 16, 2013
As much as i agree with you to an extent, I'd also add that they try to speak with diction which is the correct way of pronunciation.

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? by nuges1(m): 3:12pm On Sep 16, 2013
some people will travel to turkey and come baq with an american accent#bullshit angry

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? by slimfit1(m): 3:13pm On Sep 16, 2013
I tire oh mostly channels and ait.
Re: Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? by Akshow: 3:13pm On Sep 16, 2013
Fake accents thread bore me on nairaland cos it seems u guys mistake good English and right pronunciation for fake accent. They are trying to pronounce words d way dey ought to be pronounced and u guys are here hating. I'm sure y'all will stil complain if they use thick naija accent. Fake una free dem joorr.

26 Likes

Re: Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? by myads890(m): 3:14pm On Sep 16, 2013
I guess it has to do with the fact that we as Nigerians are still yet to appreciate our heritage. The fact that you speak with a foreign accent doesn't make you posh, it only means your are confused.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? by 25Calibre(m): 3:14pm On Sep 16, 2013
It's baffling! One of the reasons I hate nollywood movies.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? by Dubemkelly(m): 3:15pm On Sep 16, 2013
People would definitely complain, if dey don't portray such accent, dey would yell dat presenter is too local n he or she doesnt have a gud accent,i think dat covers d blunders dey commit,listeners get carried away n enjoy deir programmes

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? by Austeenxx: 3:15pm On Sep 16, 2013
Ajibel: Am i seeing double This thread appears 2ce on fp
honestly, we're both seeing double.
Re: Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? by jossypajay: 3:15pm On Sep 16, 2013
I think it has to do with inferiority complex. Some think without the American accent, they cant be good presenters
Re: Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? by pongwa(m): 3:16pm On Sep 16, 2013
Eeeeeew @op, u yarn my mind....... I was fuming jez lastweek while watching mtv base naija on stv..... My brother practically begged me to calm down coz i don't find it Funny Infact i feel its a disease of some sort. #fakehumanbeings #identityproblem
Re: Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? by Abuleoshi: 3:17pm On Sep 16, 2013
like Osas the presenter of Malta Dance Hall who calls her name and Surname with so much funne that makes you wonder what she is saying.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? by Amya(f): 3:19pm On Sep 16, 2013
Akshow: Fake accents thread bore me on nairaland cos it seems u guys mistake good English and right pronunciation for fake accent. They are trying to pronounce words d way dey ought to be pronounced and u guys are here hating. I'm sure y'all will stil complain if they use thick naija accent. Fake una free dem joorr.

Guess you are one of 'those' cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Presenters And The 'fake' American Accents? by Neckfort(m): 3:19pm On Sep 16, 2013
Imagine going to rwanda or kenya and coming back wif american accent...dz ar all #ETT stuff.. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Gives Food Items & Money To Mum Of Malnourished Kids He Found On Streets / Run Whatsapp Without Internet Connection? / Diesel Tanker Rams Into School Wall In Lagos (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.