Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,467 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Bayelsa: New PDP Men Go Into Hiding As Police Hunt Members - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa: New PDP Men Go Into Hiding As Police Hunt Members (1106 Views)

Peoples Mega Party (PMP): Aggrieved PDP Men Float New Party / Biafra: Hausa In Onitsha Go Into Hiding- The Punch / PDP Men Responsible For 16 Years Of Darkness After Looting Billions Exposed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bayelsa: New PDP Men Go Into Hiding As Police Hunt Members by unuane1(m): 4:05pm On Sep 14, 2013
Members of the new Peoples Democratic Party in Bayelsa State said to be under the leadership of former governor Timipre Sylva have allegedly gone into hiding following a police manhunt for them.

Scores of the politicians were forced to flee as the police dragnets were extended to their homes and known business premises but all efforts to get to them have proved futile.

A statement personally signed by the state commissioner of police Mr. Hilary Opara, warned persons associated with the illegal group, including their sponsors to desist forthwith, stressing that no such group or any other organisation not legally registered would be allowed to disrupt the existing peace and tranquillity in the State.

The statement reads in part “the Police and other security agencies in the State have been put on notice and urged members of the public to promptly report the existence or the activities of such illegal groups in any part of the State to the nearest police station or security outfit for necessary action.

“While, advising members of the law abiding Bayelsa public to go about their legitimate businesses, it warned that anybody or group of persons that violate the order will be made to face the full wrath of the law.”

But a top member of the new PDP group said that though none of the members of the group has been summoned or arrested by the Police, they would continue their actions from where ever they could. "The actions and threat messages received by the signatories to the formation of the party have made them switched off their phones. But that will not stop or deter us. It only proves the fact that the government is unpopular among the people."

Meanwhile, a coalition of former legislators, PDP officials and retired government officials in Bayelsa State led by the former assistant national secretary of the PDP, Mr. Blesson Akpoloma, visited the secretariat of the State PDP in solidarity with the party over its position against the emergence of the new PDP.

According Akpoloma, "the media is awash with stories that the unfortunate attempt to destabilise the national structures of our great party PDP is spreading to our dear state. There can be no better time than this for every well meaning Bayelsans to stand up and be counted on the side of reason and good conscience. We hereby pledge our unalloyed loyalty and unfettered commitment to a one indivisible PDP at all levels.

"Those who claim to have founded a splinter group in the state PDP are best advised to retrace their steps as we remain convinced that our interests as Nigerians, as people of the Niger Delta and as Bayelsans are best served with the continuing Presidency of Dr. Goodluck Jonathan."

"Some have claimed that public officers who served under a previous administration in the state are disgruntled and have therefore resolved to defect to the ‘splinter group’.
“We unequivocally dissociate ourselves from any such position. In any event, must we in the pursuit of the goals of a state administration lose sight of the greater benefit of the Presidency?"

http://www.thisdayonline.com/
Re: Bayelsa: New PDP Men Go Into Hiding As Police Hunt Members by Kanwulia: 4:07pm On Sep 14, 2013
Why are they hiding? grin
Abi dem nor know say the fight for DEMOCRACY in the jungle of AFRICA get price? cheesy

PHOCKING COWARDS!
Re: Bayelsa: New PDP Men Go Into Hiding As Police Hunt Members by BabaEleko(m): 6:51pm On Sep 14, 2013
This Jonathan guy is a curse on Nigeria's democracy. This mofo took our democracy 10 years backward.

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa: New PDP Men Go Into Hiding As Police Hunt Members by bloggernaija: 7:54pm On Sep 14, 2013
Jonathan is goner.
It is just the last breathe of a dying presidency.
Re: Bayelsa: New PDP Men Go Into Hiding As Police Hunt Members by Joel3(m): 8:02pm On Sep 14, 2013
how can he think he can use presidency power to chase every one into hidden>

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa: New PDP Men Go Into Hiding As Police Hunt Members by DonaldGenes(m): 8:02pm On Sep 14, 2013
wetin concern me and 40million Nigerians diaaaaaaaaaaaa
Re: Bayelsa: New PDP Men Go Into Hiding As Police Hunt Members by talktimi(m): 8:10pm On Sep 14, 2013
bloggernaija: Jonathan is goner.
It is just the last breathe of a dying presidency.
classic idi0cy as usual but what does one expect from an APC goon ? Seems just like yesterday Timipere Sylva was being castigated all over the media and across Bayelsa state/ the country at large for wide spread corruption but all of a sudden he is a saint because he has a problem with Goodluck. It baffles me the way our naija "progressives" manage to marry their so called idiologies with the actions they take, very funny indeed. Smh

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa: New PDP Men Go Into Hiding As Police Hunt Members by Nobody: 8:25pm On Sep 14, 2013
They aye all TRAITORS, They should be charged for treason.
Re: Bayelsa: New PDP Men Go Into Hiding As Police Hunt Members by ijawcitizen(m): 8:26pm On Sep 14, 2013
Oh Yes!!!
Thats how its done in the 9ja climate.
Crush them all!
Re: Bayelsa: New PDP Men Go Into Hiding As Police Hunt Members by Dpeacemaker101: 11:03pm On Sep 14, 2013
Baba_Eleko: This Jonathan guy is a curse on Nigeria's democracy. This mofo took our democracy 10 years backward.
Abeg keep shut up Baba ijebu, so he should hand power over to you people so that we would start afresh abii?
Re: Bayelsa: New PDP Men Go Into Hiding As Police Hunt Members by mcquin(m): 11:18pm On Sep 14, 2013
[quote author=talktimi]classic idi0cy as usual but what does one expect from an APC goon ? Seems just like yesterday Timipere Sylva was being castigated all over the media and across Bayelsa state/ the country at large for wide spread corruption but all of a sudden he is a saint because he has a problem with Goodluck. It baffles me the way our naija "progressives" manage to marry their so called idiologies with the actions they take, very funny indeed. Smh [/quote some of u jst hate d truth...Sylva wz castigated because he's a fraudster dah has embezzled a lot...buh in dis case,Jonathan is wrong so he too shud b told d truth.
Re: Bayelsa: New PDP Men Go Into Hiding As Police Hunt Members by fagbalex(m): 11:21pm On Sep 14, 2013
so there is no freedom of association again ba.God dey, i know he dare not try it in the north or south west. mr Jonathan

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa: New PDP Men Go Into Hiding As Police Hunt Members by mcquin(m): 11:24pm On Sep 14, 2013
I'm 4rm 9ja delta nd I did vote 4 Jonathan buh 2 b frank,he's going about fings the wrong way. People who initially like him can't help but hate him. He's turning himself in2 a dictator all because of 2015. If he has performd very well lik his fans claim,y dnt he allow d imposters alone and test his strength come dat year.after all d primaries wil b open 2 him 2 test how much he has performd. Y fight erebody nd make Nigeria fink u r power drunk.d same Nigeria dah suported u against Yar'Adua's team.
Re: Bayelsa: New PDP Men Go Into Hiding As Police Hunt Members by BabaEleko(m): 6:01am On Sep 15, 2013
Dpeacemaker101: Abeg keep shut up Baba ijebu, so he should hand power over to you people so that we would start afresh abii?

That's not my point bros abi u no understand English ni? Primary wetin u dey?
Re: Bayelsa: New PDP Men Go Into Hiding As Police Hunt Members by ProfOgogoro: 6:08am On Sep 15, 2013
GEJ is losing his sanity gradually...

grin

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa: New PDP Men Go Into Hiding As Police Hunt Members by Kairoseki77: 6:27am On Sep 15, 2013
talktimi: classic idi0cy as usual but what does one expect from an APC goon ? Seems just like yesterday Timipere Sylva was being castigated all over the media and across Bayelsa state/ the country at large for wide spread corruption but all of a sudden he is a saint because he has a problem with Goodluck. It baffles me the way our naija "progressives" manage to marry their so called idiologies with the actions they take, very funny indeed. Smh

Are you slow?

What does being a saint have to do with being HUNTED BY THE POLICE? The New PDP people have broken no laws, so how can anyone applaud them being hunted by armed police forces? PDP supporters obviously lack morals and a basic sense of right and wrong.

The police are supposed to protect and serve the people of Nigeria, not hunt and kill the President's political enemies. The more GEJ uses the police to hurt citizens, the more our democracy becomes a joke. Let's hope GEJ is the first and LAST President to act this way, because you never know when the next politician will send the police to hunt you and your family.
Re: Bayelsa: New PDP Men Go Into Hiding As Police Hunt Members by Kairoseki77: 6:35am On Sep 15, 2013
Emzybrown: They aye all TRAITORS, They should be charged for treason.

Truthfully, Jonathan is a traitor for violating the constitution and his oath of office. I hope you are supportive of the next politician that sends the police after his enemies. And don't expect us to cry for you if some politician decides to send them after your community. It's obvious that you do not value the law, or these people's lives, so why should I care for yours?

I do solemnly swear/affirm that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to the Federal Republic of Nigeria; that as President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, I will discharge my duties to the best of my ability, faithfully and in accordance with the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the law, and always in the interest of the sovereignty, integrity, solidarity, well-being and prosperity of the Federal Republic of Nigeria; that I will strive to preserve the Fundamental Objectives and Directive Principles of State Policy contained in the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria; that I will not allow my personal interest to influence my official conduct or my official decisions; that I will to the best of my ability preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria; that I will abide by the Code of Conduct contained in the Fifth Schedule to the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria; that in all circumstances, I will do right to all manner of people, according to law, without fear or favour, affection or ill-will; that I will not directly or indirectly communicate or reveal to any person any matter which shall be brought under my consideration or shall become known to me as President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, except as may be required for the due discharge of my duties as President; and that I will devote myself to the service and well-being of the people of Nigeria. So help me God.
Re: Bayelsa: New PDP Men Go Into Hiding As Police Hunt Members by talktimi(m): 9:06am On Sep 15, 2013
[quote author=mcquin][/quote]jonathan is wrong how ? Is it for not recognising the new pdp or what ? fyi there is a pending court case which has asked both parties to observe the status quo ante bellum ie to avoid break down of law and order, there is only one pdp led by Bamanga Tukur until the court is given valid reasons why it should recognise the Baraje faction. In the interest of peace and to obey the court order's the police will continue to seal up all factional offices until the case has been heard. You can not say because of your unbridled hatred for Jonathan that illegality should be condoned, this nonsense wont be allowed even in the saintly APC. Ok
Re: Bayelsa: New PDP Men Go Into Hiding As Police Hunt Members by Nobody: 9:21am On Sep 15, 2013
Malfeasance from high quarters ....

Everyday...GEJ keep adding up to his list of impeachable activities

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa: New PDP Men Go Into Hiding As Police Hunt Members by talktimi(m): 9:21am On Sep 15, 2013
Kairoseki77:

Are you slow?

What does being a saint have to do with being HUNTED BY THE POLICE? The New PDP people have broken no laws, so how can anyone applaud them being hunted by armed police forces? PDP supporters obviously lack morals and a basic sense of right and wrong.

The police are supposed to protect and serve the people of Nigeria, not hunt and kill the President's political enemies. The more GEJ uses the police to hurt citizens, the more our democracy becomes a joke. Let's hope GEJ is the first and LAST President to act this way, because you never know when the next politician will send the police to hunt you and your family.
i dont know if youre only trying to be clever or youre really as intelligent as you want people to believe. Anyway let me give you the benefit of the doubt but answer this question, is there a court case right now trying to determine the legality of the new PDP and has judgement been given ? I can never give out my car just because someone says he has the exact same color and its missing, if you should tone down the hatred obscuring your processes and think with logic you will realize that even within the APC such rascality will never be condoned. By the way if its the Bayelsa i know, i wont take these clowns seriously and i advice you do the same

(1) (Reply)

Omisore: Osun GDP And Capital Flight / Those Causing Trouble In Ekiti Are APC Leaders, Fayose Replies Falana / Aziza Came, Saw And Conquered – Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.