Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,443 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:39 AM

Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi (21173 Views)

Edo Is Not More 'Niger Delta' Than Imo, Ondo & Abia / 34-year-old Enugu-ebonyi Bridge Collapses / Examining Lagos State GDP Figures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by geeez: 9:27am On Sep 15, 2013
The GDP of Oyo for 2012 is higher than that of any state in the SE. The GDP of Osun is the same with Imo and Anambra which are the highest in the SE (see below). These are the latest figures from a credible agency and not that 2010 GDP post that has been recycled over and over.

From the report I have for Q1 2013, Ogun State has a higher GDP than the highest in the SE which means the three SW states of Lagos, Oyo and Ogun have higher GDPs than that of any state in the SE and if Osun State were in the SE, its GDP for Q1 2013 will be the second highest

Amazing

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by obitwo: 9:32am On Sep 15, 2013
At last, the 2012 figures but this year, Ogun has really been on fire with massive developments but Ekiti is missing

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by Adelaide2: 9:33am On Sep 15, 2013
MANUFACTURED BY YOU OF COURSE

Until we hear from the federal govt, this is another Yoruba fabu

11 Likes

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by Nobody: 9:36am On Sep 15, 2013
Ok

1 Like

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by geeez: 9:38am On Sep 15, 2013
Manufactured by who? Who does the NBS represent? My household? If you have contrary figures from a credible course kindly post

7 Likes

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by Adelaide2: 9:48am On Sep 15, 2013
geeez: Manufactured by who? Who does the NBS represent? My household? If you have contrary figures from a credible course kindly post

Pu the link up so everyone can see it
Plus we know Yemi Kale's manipulations in NBS
The other time he was discredited for fake data.

7 Likes

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by STUPENDOUS8888(f): 9:50am On Sep 15, 2013
I didn't know the SE was so poor! embarassed

You guys always talk so big on NL, so I thought you had it better. No offense!

16 Likes

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by GenWOJUOLA(m): 9:56am On Sep 15, 2013
Up SW.. Up APC

10 Likes

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by geeez: 10:52am On Sep 15, 2013
Adelaide2:

Pu the link up so everyone can see it
Plus we know Yemi Kale's manipulations in NBS
The other time he was discredited for fake data.

How was he discredited?

The other time ...
Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by HappyJoe: 2:16pm On Sep 15, 2013
Please, these GDP figures are largely based on FAAC allocation figures (i.e. who gets what based their "population").

They are basically meaningless.

3 Likes

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by geeez: 2:52pm On Sep 15, 2013
Hmmm
Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by geeez: 2:55pm On Sep 15, 2013
HappyJoe: Please, these GDP figures are largely based on FAAC allocation figures (i.e. who gets what based their "population"wink.

They are basically meaningless.

Like seriously?

So you mean Lagos gets more from the FG than any other state? Snap off it men!

The GDP of an entity is a function of the total commercial activities within that entity within a period under consideration. Get schooled

11 Likes

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by Adelaide2: 4:25pm On Sep 15, 2013
Where is your link gizzard?

1 Like

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by Adelaide2: 6:20pm On Sep 15, 2013
geeez:

How was he discredited?

The other time ...

https://www.nairaland.com/1174921/nbc-denies-recent-poverty-rating

1 Like

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by Adelaide2: 6:22pm On Sep 15, 2013
I have scanned the NBS site multiple times and there is no such data. Fake Geez of Ijebu Ijesha with fake data.
Shoprite is closing shop in Oyo due to low purchasing power (while they are opening shops in Nnewi, Onitsha, Owerri plus the existing one in Enugu) and you are yanning dust here

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by Nobody: 7:45pm On Sep 15, 2013
^^^

here is the link from Finiacial times

enjoy

http://www.ft.com/cms/5752734c-c2f4-11e2-bbbd-00144feab7de.pdf

1 Like

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by Adelaide2: 8:01pm On Sep 15, 2013
Crassus: ^^^

here is the link from Finiacial times

enjoy

http://www.ft.com/cms/5752734c-c2f4-11e2-bbbd-00144feab7de.pdf

Conducted by whom? By FGN or some faceless SW newspaper?

5 Likes

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by geeez: 8:03pm On Sep 15, 2013
That's exactly where I screenshot it from

Osun State in 2012 had as high a GDP as that of the highest in the SE

For Q1 2013, Ogun State displaced Osun State and surpassed every state in the SE

1 Like

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by Nobody: 8:06pm On Sep 15, 2013
Adelaide2:

Dude cant you read?

i just pasted you the whole report. read and digest it. it was done by Renaissance Capital a multinational company for potential investors

Read the whole report and stop making noise abeg
Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by geeez: 8:16pm On Sep 15, 2013
Adelaide2:

This guy is unarguably brainless

Do you really type these things or some eediot does it on your behalf?
Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by Italiano1: 8:19pm On Sep 15, 2013
Crassus:

Dude cant you read?

i just pasted you the whole report. read and digest it. it was done by Renaissance Capital a multinational company for potential investors

Do not waste your time responding to people that are insolently and resolutely stubborn - they are incapable of facing the facts even if you slap it on their face. Some people no get shame for their body

How can you expect someone who does not have a rudimentary understanding of what a spreadsheet means to assimilate and comprehend a financial analysis of the most investor friendly states in Nigeria? Reference it from the World Bank, IMF, ADB or the UNDP- they will not accept unless it is written by Orji Kalue or Massob.

@ Topic

This is a timely reminder to Nigerians as to which states are the top performing ones and also a vivid indication of things to come.

6 Likes

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by Nobody: 8:20pm On Sep 15, 2013
geeez:

This guy is unarguably brainless

Do you really type these things or some eediot does it on your behalf?

he saw the facts and he has since vanished into thin air .
Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by Nobody: 8:30pm On Sep 15, 2013
Thats one comprehensive 45 page report. !! wink

But in general thou, the southern states are not doing too badly

1 Like

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by geeez: 8:34pm On Sep 15, 2013
Crassus: Thats one comprehensive 45 page report. !! wink

But in general thou, the southern states are not doing too badly

You have to give it to Kano, Kaduna, Katsina, Borno and Taraba

They are clearly ahead of a whole lot of southern states but the future from the report is in the SW

From the figures I've seen for Q1 2013, the SW is firing on all cylinders particularly Ogun and Osun

1 Like

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by Adelaide2: 8:54pm On Sep 15, 2013
From this post (still don't buy it except from the official source), on page 7, Ogun is the poorest state in southern Nigeria

hehe!!!!

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by geeez: 9:00pm On Sep 15, 2013
Its per capita income was low last year as a consequence of its relatively low GDP compared to its population

As we speak, the state is generating over N4bn in GDP per month, higher than any state in the SE

The IGR increase is a function of increased GDP translating a higher per capita

When the figures for 2013 are published, you will bury your head in shame because there's no reason why the SW shouldn't or cant sustain the momentum it had in Q1 2O13
Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by Adelaide2: 9:01pm On Sep 15, 2013
Crassus:

Dude cant you read?

You are a dolt. How did they conduct the study? They went to each state to conduct a study or they relied on data ffrom previous years which have already been discredited?

When did a private entity not even commissioned by the govt become the body to conduct an official statistics as GDP for a country that you want me to rely on? Men mumu pass mumu

7 Likes

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by Adelaide2: 9:01pm On Sep 15, 2013
geeez: Its per capita income was low last year as a consequence of its relatively low GDP compared to its population

As we speak, the state is generating over N4bn in GDP per month, higher than any state in the SE

The IGR increase is a function of increased GDP translating a higher per capita

When the figures for 2013 are published, you will bury your head in shame because there's no reason why the SW shouldn't or cant sustain the momentum it had in Q1 2O13

Post that one too. Liar

1 Like

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by geeez: 9:03pm On Sep 15, 2013
Adelaide2:

You are a dolt. How did they conduct the study? They went to each state to conduct a study or they relied on data ffrom previous years which have already been discredited?

When did a private entity not even commissioned by the govt become the body to conduct an official statistics as GDP for a country that you want me to rely on? Men mumu pass mumu

I'm gonna quote Italiano's post as a response for you just in case you missed it

Italiano1:

Do not waste your time responding to people that are insolently and resolutely stubborn - they are incapable of facing the facts even if you slap it on their face. Some people no get shame for their body

How can you expect someone who does not have a rudimentary understanding of what a spreadsheet means to assimilate and comprehend a financial analysis of the most investor friendly states in Nigeria? Reference it from the World Bank, IMF, ADB or the UNDP- they will not accept unless it is written by Orji Kalue or Massob.

@ Topic

This is a timely reminder to Nigerians as to which states are the top performing ones and also a vivid indication of things to come.

3 Likes

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by warlei(m): 9:29pm On Sep 15, 2013
Adelaide2: I have scanned the NBS site multiple times and there is no such data. Fake Geez of Ijebu Ijesha with fake data.
Shoprite is closing shop in Oyo due to low purchasing power (while they are opening shops in Nnewi, Onitsha, Owerri plus the existing one in Enugu) and you are yanning dust here

Hold it there which shoprite
Is it d one that has already. Concluded plan for its second outlet less than a month it opened its first
I know some pained niggas
Some niggas would be like why would shoprite not open in my bush village but somewhere in west.
Deal with it ,the west dictates the economic tempo of every place in naija.

1 Like

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by kettykin: 9:42pm On Sep 15, 2013
First they started these rumours with being the most educated, later jamb was able to truncate their hollow lies with their valid data posted on their website which Dibu ojerinde removed as soon as he became the jamb boss, when this dawned on them that their age long fallacies has been uncovered they started another baseless fallacy and deception with their universities ranking system which has been flushed down the dustbin of history with award winning professors produced by universities in the east rated lowly by their worthless Web rankings.
Next they started another futile dissipation of energy with their over hyping of the achievements of Fashola which has been deflated with results from Uyo, enugu and Rivers, still not done yet they campaigned with out success the un viability of enugu international airport prior to August 24 only to be thoroughly shamed and baffled with consistent flight traffic.
One of their agents presently has a law case hanging over his neck as a result of his misplaced and misguided aggression from attacking and smearing the reputation of some igbo married women when he was presented with bare facts about the ownership of lagos their last hope.
Now they are going about with some fictitious GDP figures trying to sway the sentiments of gullible online Bloggers, this they are doing not minding the fact that the Central Bank of Nigeria has updated nigerians with all the cities where 90% of the monetary transactions and deposits occur.

Of what use is ibadan/Oyo GDP figures when the monetary transactions in Aba and Onitsha is very much higher than it.
Where is the gross domestic product when the it does not produce monetary transactions , the measure of goods and services should translate to cash transactions and measurements

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osun State GDP Higher than Imo, Abia, Anambra, Enugu & Ebonyi by warlei(m): 9:42pm On Sep 15, 2013
Adelaide2:

Give me a good reason why a private company cant conduct it?
stop this eastern mentality [everything that doesnt favour me is wrong]
Mscheww

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Independence: How To Restructure Nigeria — Pastor Tunde Bakare / Tinubu North West Ambassador Advocates Power Shift, Backs Tinubu / Police Recover Ogun House Of Assembly Mace In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.