Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,713 members, 7,844,352 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

Atheists When Are Yall Going To Step Your Game Up - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists When Are Yall Going To Step Your Game Up (3362 Views)

See What Most Nigeria Do On Saturday Night Before Going To Church On Sunday / Pastors Asking All Virgins To Step Out. Is It Right? / There Will Be Slavery In Heaven So I Hope Yall Are Ready To Own White Slaves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists When Are Yall Going To Step Your Game Up by Nobody: 1:09pm On Sep 15, 2013
wiegraf: If there aren't any fp threads, then there aren't any fp threads. Fp does not necessarily mean good though, no? Highyo's threads are popular there for instance and I'd like to think, like implied, that we have higher standards than that. Besides this isn't a competition, or is there a quota that must be filled?

If you really want to put up intelligent material with an atheistic bent, simply pick one @plaeton's threads or something similar.

Then, and again, this is fp, the lowest possible denominator....
there is a new sheriff in town and i like to make sure all my constituents ( different doctrines )are represented on the federal level (FP). speaking of Plaettons old material, I am looking for new material with not many page counts. many page counts automatically suppresses participation on the federal ( FP ) level because people feel they were not involved in casting their votes ( making posts ) from the beginning so it is not as endearing as a fresh thread ( new candidate ) grin
Re: Atheists When Are Yall Going To Step Your Game Up by Nobody: 1:13pm On Sep 15, 2013
Chibuebem: i'm sorry sir, but you're mistaken. Obadiah is not an atheist.
Indeed sire. i think haywire1 is drunk on shekpe this early sunday morning cheesy
Re: Atheists When Are Yall Going To Step Your Game Up by Nobody: 1:13pm On Sep 15, 2013
obadiah777: i dont know what you talking about man. my work speaks for itself. wink wink
yea yea.. It sure does speak 4 itself.. Ur works ooze with blasphemous and heretical sayings.. I pity u
Re: Atheists When Are Yall Going To Step Your Game Up by Nobody: 1:17pm On Sep 15, 2013
plaetton:
It's not our fault if homo-religiousus in NL is afraid to engage.
Recently It ran a thread to prove that religious faith=doubts, And I did prove it.But no theist came up to challenge my theories. Not one,not even you Lord Obadiah.
I thrown so much bait over the past weeks, but no Christian is biting.
With the absence of Annony, Davidilan,etc, theit is serious depletion of cranial activities in their camp. Though Frosbel is still waxing strong, he is more like on our side now. Lol.

So, it is the Christians who need to recharge and reload their faith batteries,otherwise, their god might hold them accountable for not putting out a good fight against the dangerous scurge of atheism.
you threw out baits you said ? your baits must have been china made because they aint attracting the big fishes. get you a nice bait made in Aba. you may just bait a large robust fish lol. grin

1 Like

Re: Atheists When Are Yall Going To Step Your Game Up by Nobody: 1:19pm On Sep 15, 2013
texanomaly: oh what tangled web we weave...you are really funny.
indeed mademoiselle, indeed what a tangled web we weave cheesy cheesy
Re: Atheists When Are Yall Going To Step Your Game Up by wiegraf: 1:22pm On Sep 15, 2013
obadiah777: there is a new sheriff in town and i like to make sure all my constituents ( different doctrines )are represented on the federal level (FP). speaking of Plaettons old material, I am looking for new material with not many page counts. many page counts automatically suppresses participation on the federal ( FP ) level because people feel they were not involved in casting their votes ( making posts ) from the beginning so it is not as endearing as a fresh thread ( new candidate ) grin

I'm sure goodluck and all the others had good intentions; it didn't last. Obama had the loftiest ideals, now he willingly pisses all over them, more so than bush would sef.

If you insist on the folly of actually being decent and following your inner sense of justice, you won't last long in this world.

But ok..
Re: Atheists When Are Yall Going To Step Your Game Up by Nobody: 1:22pm On Sep 15, 2013
sylvalord:
yea yea.. It sure does speak 4 itself..
now we are on the same page. wink
Re: Atheists When Are Yall Going To Step Your Game Up by Nobody: 1:25pm On Sep 15, 2013
wiegraf:

I'm sure goodluck and all the others had good intentions; it didn't last. Obama had the loftiest ideals, now he willingly pisses all over them, more so than bush would sef.

If you insist on the folly of actually being decent and following your inner sense of justice, you won't last long in this world.

But ok..
but you do err my belligerent monsieur wiegraf. light always wins over darkness. in fact i believe i have a biblical verse for you

job 20 vs 5 That the triumphing of the wicked is short, and the joy of the hypocrite but for a moment?
Re: Atheists When Are Yall Going To Step Your Game Up by wiegraf: 1:47pm On Sep 15, 2013
obadiah777: but you do err my belligerent monsieur wiegraf. light always wins over darkness. in fact i believe i have a biblical verse for you

job 20 vs 5 That the triumphing of the wicked is short, and the joy of the hypocrite but for a moment?

Story story? Story! Your ancestors weren't the ones holding the door, they were the ones trampling all over people to get in. The bible itself actually supports my stance; the bad guy kept on winning. For instance, whatever happened to all those other gods less blood thirsty than yahweh?
Re: Atheists When Are Yall Going To Step Your Game Up by onetrack(m): 1:59pm On Sep 15, 2013
I think St. Paul is appropriate here:

"When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things."

Could there be any clearer reason why I left religion? Imaginary friends (even if cruel, capricious, and deceitful ones like Yahweh and Allah) should have no place in the life of adults. grin

1 Like

Re: Atheists When Are Yall Going To Step Your Game Up by Nobody: 2:01pm On Sep 15, 2013
wiegraf:

Story story? Story! Your ancestors weren't the ones holding the door, they were the ones trampling all over people to get in. The bible itself actually supports my stance; the bad guy kept on winning. For instance, whatever happened to all those other gods less blood thirsty than yahweh?
i just quoted you a part from the bible that is contradictory to your stance wink
Re: Atheists When Are Yall Going To Step Your Game Up by Nobody: 2:03pm On Sep 15, 2013
onetrack: I think St. Paul is appropriate here:

"When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things."

Could there be any clearer reason why I left religion? Imaginary friends (even if cruel, capricious, and deceitful ones like Yahweh and Allah) should have no place in the life of adults. grin
yeah believing you emerged from primordial soup and you are related to the spaghetti monster is much more grown up smdh undecided
Re: Atheists When Are Yall Going To Step Your Game Up by onetrack(m): 2:13pm On Sep 15, 2013
obadiah777: yeah believing you emerged from primordial soup and you are related to the spaghetti monster is much more grown up smdh undecided

Of course you know that the flying spaghetti monster is a parody. No one actually believes in it.

As far as life emerging from primordial oceans, well there is a clear scientific basis for this. Most atheists will say that they cannot disprove some higher force was behind it (we are actually just a form of agnostics); however we reject the idea that this force acts on earth in any provable form and we reject religion as being of divine origin. Like I've said elsewhere, if you want to say that Spinosa's god exists, well, I have no argument against it, and frankly there does not presently exist a way to disprove Spinosa's god; but I do not accept the existence of a god like Yahweh or Allah.
Re: Atheists When Are Yall Going To Step Your Game Up by plaetton: 2:25pm On Sep 15, 2013
obadiah777: you threw out baits you said ? your baits must have been china made because they aint attracting the big fishes. get you a nice bait made in Aba. you may just bait a large robust fish lol. grin

If you say so.

I just threw an original, made in Aba bait titled" What happened to the 4th commandment?"
https://www.nairaland.com/1440076/christians-what-happened-4th-commandment

This is a serious issue that should generate great discussion among both atheists, agnostics and the various denomination of christians.

But so far, no takers.

The consumers of blind faith are running scared to even clarify their own 10 commandments.

How about putting it on the front page?

1 Like

Re: Atheists When Are Yall Going To Step Your Game Up by Nobody: 3:00pm On Sep 15, 2013
onetrack:

Of course you know that the flying spaghetti monster is a parody. No one actually believes in it.

As far as life emerging from primordial oceans, well there is a clear scientific basis for this. Most atheists will say that they cannot disprove some higher force was behind it (we are actually just a form of agnostics); however we reject the idea that this force acts on earth in any provable form and we reject religion as being of divine origin. Like I've said elsewhere, if you want to say that Spinosa's god exists, well, I have no argument against it, and frankly there does not presently exist a way to disprove Spinosa's god; but I do not accept the existence of a god like Yahweh or Allah.
okkkkkkkk tongue lol
Re: Atheists When Are Yall Going To Step Your Game Up by Nobody: 3:00pm On Sep 15, 2013
obadiah777: now we are on the same page. wink
we are not and would never be on d same page

BLASPHEMER
Re: Atheists When Are Yall Going To Step Your Game Up by Nobody: 3:01pm On Sep 15, 2013
plaetton:

If you say so.

I just threw an original, made in Aba bait titled" What happened to the 4th commandment?"

This is a serious issue that should generate great discussion among both atheists, agnostics and the various denomination of christians.

But so far, no takers.

The consumers of blind faith are running scared to even clarify their own 10 commandments.

hmmm hold up let me go see what the thread in question is about
Re: Atheists When Are Yall Going To Step Your Game Up by Nobody: 3:09pm On Sep 15, 2013
plaetton:

If you say so.

But so far, no takers.

ok so i reviewed the thread in question. while it may sound like a thought provoking thread to the unenlightened, to me it sounds hollow. reason being you are assuming that those who practice the religion christianity are actually 'children of God'. well i am here to tell you that they are not. religion is man made rubbish. this is what religion is, as stated by God

james 1 vs 27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

so i hope you can see the folly of your thread. an analogy would be me going into jail to observe the activities of the inmates and being shocked that they fight all the time with each other. these are criniminals lol. its what they do. so you expecting christians to keep sabbath is preposterous
Re: Atheists When Are Yall Going To Step Your Game Up by plaetton: 3:22pm On Sep 15, 2013
obadiah777: ok so i reviewed the thread in question. while it may sound like a thought provoking thread to the unenlightened, to me it sounds hollow. reason being you are assuming that those who practice the religion christianity are actually 'children of God'. well i am here to tell you that they are not. religion is man made rubbish. this is what religion is, as stated by God

james 1 vs 27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

so i hope you can see the folly of your thread. an analogy would be me going into jail to observe the activities of the inmates and being shocked that they fight all the time with each other. these are criniminals lol. its what they do. so you expecting christians to keep sabbath is preposterous

In other words, you are prejudiced against threads that do not agree with your definitions?
How do you even expect any atheist thread to meat your own narrow and most times, offbeat viewpoints?

I thought threads were about open discussions and not about meeting any narrow interests of any individual, especially a moderator.

Well then , you have proven us right that NL religilous section is heavily rigged against atheists.

You have indicted yourself lord Obadiah777.
I guess we should not expect any higher standards from you, huh?
angry undecided

3 Likes

Re: Atheists When Are Yall Going To Step Your Game Up by Nobody: 3:28pm On Sep 15, 2013
plaetton:

In other words, you are prejudiced against threads that do not agree with your definitions?
How do you even expect any atheist thread to meat your own narrow and most times, offbeat viewpoints?

I thought threads were about open discussions and not about meeting any narrow interests of any individual, especially a moderator.

Well then , you have proven us right that NL religilous section is heavily rigged against atheists.

You have indicted yourself lord Obadiah777.
I guess we should not expect any higher standards from you, huh?
angry undecided
this aint even about me. that thread is not a conversation starter. its not a thread that would get people talking and heated up. my point of reference is 'controversy' or 'stimulating' or 'exciting' or 'exhilarating' . you know ? some thread that would have people going at each other. with that thread you got their it will dissipate after the second page. theres not a lot you can say about christians not obeying the sabbath. not a lot. its not a heated conversation topic. heck even in the religion section it is a non-starter as you can see. now having said that there are many front page threads that are dead on arrival topics but those were not nominated by me. i have my own standards ---------> CONTROVERSY wink wink
Re: Atheists When Are Yall Going To Step Your Game Up by plaetton: 3:37pm On Sep 15, 2013
obadiah777: this aint even about me. that thread is not a conversation starter. its not a thread that would get people talking and heated up. my point of reference is 'controversy' or 'stimulating' or 'exciting' or 'exhilarating' . you know ? some thread that would have people going at each other. with that thread you got their it will dissipate after the second page. theres not a lot you can say about christians not obeying the sabbath. not a lot. its not a heated conversation topic. heck even in the religion section it is a non-starter as you can see. now having said that there are many front page threads that are dead on arrival topics but those were not nominated by me. i have my own standards ---------> CONTROVERSY wink wink

The biblical god commands that Saturdays should be kept holy.
For nearly 2000 yrs More than 2 billion christians flagrantly disobey this commandment by keeping Sunday holy instead of saturday.

And you think this is not a controversy and worthy of discussion? shocked

Well, then for non-believers like us, it shows the duplicity or schizoprenia of religious belief.

Why not let the christian champions come and defend it?
What have you got to lose, Lord Obadiah777, your faith? angry

1 Like

Re: Atheists When Are Yall Going To Step Your Game Up by Nobody: 3:44pm On Sep 15, 2013
plaetton:

The biblical god commands that Saturdays should be kept holy.
For nearly 2000 yrs More than 2 billion christians flagrantly disobey this commandment by keeping Sunday holy instead of saturday.

And you think this is not a controversy and worthy of discussion? shocked

Well, then for non-believing, it shows the duplicity or schizoprenia of religious belief.

Why not let the christian champions come and defend it?
What have you got to lose, Lord Obadiah777, your faith? angry
lol but you do err Chief Plaetton. see you have not searched scriptures diligently. thats why you think this is a hot topic. see we are living in the era of the gentiles now and we have to give caesar what belongs to caesar meaning whatever is required of us in this world to survive we have to do it. if we work shifts and the job requires us to be at work on saturday the sabbath ? then thats just what we have to do. give unto caesar. hence seeing as we are no longer in the kingdom of God, an alteration to the sabbath law was made during the era of the gentile -----------------> mark 2 vs 27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath: <<< what that means is that you have to pick whatever day is suitable for you now and make that day your sabbath because the sabbath was made for you not you for it. you have authority to change it to whatever day is suitable for you seeing as we have to render unto caesar in satans kingdom wink wink

1 Like

Re: Atheists When Are Yall Going To Step Your Game Up by plaetton: 4:04pm On Sep 15, 2013
First, you are making an argument, which is what a thread is supposed to elicit. Why not make available to a wider audience for their viewpoints?

Secondly, are you saying that the 10 commandments are null and void?

Again, I think it's incumbent upon you to let a wider spectrum of Christians post their own views on this.

1 Like

Re: Atheists When Are Yall Going To Step Your Game Up by Nobody: 4:11pm On Sep 15, 2013
plaetton: First, you are making an argument, which is what a thread is supposed to elicit. Why not make available to a wider audience for their viewpoints?

Secondly, are you saying that the 10 commandments are null and void?

Again, I think it's incumbent upon you to let a wider spectrum of Christians post their own views on this.
am saying commandment number 4 is flexibly applied. the thread is a non-starter. trust me. i will keep an eye out for other potent threads from you to recommend for frontpage but trust me when i say this aint the one
Re: Atheists When Are Yall Going To Step Your Game Up by plaetton: 4:25pm On Sep 15, 2013
obadiah777: am saying commandment number 4 is flexibly applied. the thread is a non-starter. trust me. i will keep an eye out for other potent threads from you to recommend for frontpage but trust me when i say this aint the one
It's not about me Lord Obadiah.
I think we are all smart enough to know that atheist themed threads don't make it to front page due to simple economics.
Theist outnumber atheists by 99 to 1.

We also know that atheists threads frighten and threatens blind Faith religion.
Posting atheists threads on FP would scare off the majority plebeians, and therefore would be bad for Seun's business model.

It is the majority homo-religilous that bring home the bacon for Seun.
Re: Atheists When Are Yall Going To Step Your Game Up by Nobody: 5:29pm On Sep 15, 2013
obadiah777: lol but you do err Chief Plaetton. see you have not searched scriptures diligently. thats why you think this is a hot topic. see we are living in the era of the gentiles now and we have to give caesar what belongs to caesar meaning whatever is required of us in this world to survive we have to do it. if we work shifts and the job requires us to be at work on saturday the sabbath ? then thats just what we have to do. give unto caesar. hence seeing as we are no longer in the kingdom of God, an alteration to the sabbath law was made during the era of the gentile -----------------> mark 2 vs 27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath: <<< what that means is that you have to pick whatever day is suitable for you now and make that day your sabbath because the sabbath was made for you not you for it. you have authority to change it to whatever day is suitable for you seeing as we have to render unto caesar in satans kingdom wink wink

Pascals wager..... is that a hot topic

Good morning OBD

1 Like

Re: Atheists When Are Yall Going To Step Your Game Up by Nobody: 5:43pm On Sep 15, 2013
sylvalord:
we are not and would never be on d same page

BLASPHEMER
Ol boy,wetin be yr own gan? So much bellicosity due to divergent views?Chill abeg,y'all are the same.
Re: Atheists When Are Yall Going To Step Your Game Up by Nobody: 5:53pm On Sep 15, 2013
How did miss this thread?

Obadiah777 is a great man (when he is not usually high on weed and scriptural warmongering)

2 Likes

Re: Atheists When Are Yall Going To Step Your Game Up by plaetton: 5:59pm On Sep 15, 2013
Logicboy03: How did miss this thread?

Obadiah777 is a great man (when he is not usually high on weed and scriptural warmongering)

Yeah.
I have put the drunken pirate to the sword today.

1 Like

Re: Atheists When Are Yall Going To Step Your Game Up by Nobody: 6:06pm On Sep 15, 2013
TinyPurpleBaby:

Pascals wager..... is that a hot topic

Good morning OBD
hey good afternoon TPB. well its afternoon here lol
Re: Atheists When Are Yall Going To Step Your Game Up by Nobody: 6:07pm On Sep 15, 2013
Beretta92: Ol boy,wetin be yr own gan? So much bellicosity due to divergent views?Chill abeg,y'all are the same.
the same ? hell nahhhhh we aint the same tongue
Re: Atheists When Are Yall Going To Step Your Game Up by dragunov: 6:08pm On Sep 15, 2013
obadiah777: yeah when pigs fly. what a majestic day that will be grin grin
. ; ;DD; ;DD

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bishop Wale Oke: So Far So Thankful / The Differences Between Covenant And Testament / Do We Have Female Angels In Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.