Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,124 members, 7,821,853 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? - Religion (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? (31694 Views)

Confusion:was Jesus The First Person To Enter Heaven After His Resurrection??? / 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ / Jesus Did Not Go To Heaven Friday / Does Our "Spirit" Go To Heaven After Death? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by Itsfacts: 9:04am On Oct 10, 2013
haibe:

pronunciation(IPA): /ɡəʊst/(IPA): ghost

The disembodied spirit; the soul or spirit of a deceased person; a spirit appearing after death; an apparition; a specter.

The mighty ghosts of our great Harries rose. — Shakespeare.
I thought that I had died in sleep/And was a blessed ghost.— Coleridge

Is the dictionary right by saying THE DISEMBODIED SPIRIT?
you are a case and you should be in school. Do you know what an adjective and noun is?

an adjective is used to describe a noun. Disembodied = adjective
spirit = noun
the 2 are not one dictionary word they are 2 words standing on their own. One is describing the other. I tell you about spoilt car. Spoilt is an adjective and car is a noun.

this is jss1 stuff you should know them. To make sentence you need adjectives noun pronouns all of them have their function. Because you see full sentence in dictionary don't make it a dictionary word.

tell me can you play embodied spirit on scrabble? I can play handbag, sandbank, etc
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by haibe(m): 9:10am On Oct 10, 2013
ravgach:

Haibe, why not first 'cure' yourself of this your inability to differentiate between "Spirit" and "spiritual". This will help you to be principled and become stable. All these 'floating' and 'chameleonic' contributions are becoming distractions I must confess.

The problem with you is deception and being biased, infact arguing with you is like arguing with the devil, you turn and twist things to suit you.

don't you know the word spiritual being and spirit being is the same thing? Are you so weak in reasoning or what?

Noun 1. spiritual being - an
incorporeal being
believed to have
powers to affect the
course of human
events
supernatural being
belief - any cognitive content held as
true
occult , supernatural - supernatural
forces and events and beings
collectively; "She doesn't believe in
the supernatural"
deity , divinity , god , immortal - any
supernatural being worshipped as
controlling some part of the world or
some aspect of life or who is the
personification of a force
aeon , eon - (Gnosticism) a divine
power or nature emanating from the
Supreme Being and playing various
roles in the operation of the universe
angel - spiritual being attendant
upon God
faerie , faery, fairy, fay, sprite - a
small being, human in form, playful
and having magical powers

Now tell me the difference with spirit being and spiritual being above.

Infact your arguments irritate me.
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by haibe(m): 9:17am On Oct 10, 2013
Itsfacts:
you are a case and you should be in school. Do you know what an adjective and noun is?

an adjective is used to describe a noun. Disembodied = adjective
spirit = noun
the 2 are not one dictionary word they are 2 words standing on their own. One is describing the other. I tell you about spoilt car. Spoilt is an adjective and car is a noun.

this is jss1 stuff you should know them. To make sentence you need adjectives noun pronouns all of them have their function. Because you see full sentence in dictionary don't make it a dictionary word.

tell me can you play embodied spirit on scrabble? I can play handbag, sandbank, etc

I am not talking of it being a single word, its obvious you are only trying to dodge the question.

1) Is the dictionary right referring to ghost as DISEMBODIED SPIRIT?

2) Will I be right to use NIGHT VIGIL in a sentence?

Please I am talking of word usage here and not whether they are different words.

Please in need a YES or NO answer, no beating around the farm
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by ravgach: 9:28am On Oct 10, 2013
haibe:

pronunciation(IPA): /ɡəʊst/(IPA): ghost

The disembodied spirit; the soul or spirit of a deceased person; a spirit appearing after death; an apparition; a specter.

The mighty ghosts of our great Harries rose. — Shakespeare.
I thought that I had died in sleep/And was a blessed ghost.— Coleridge

Is the dictionary right by saying THE DISEMBODIED SPIRIT?

You have labored so hard to 'prove' that ghosts mean "spirit of a deceased person". You also told us from the same dictionary that ghost mean "Phantom" and "illusion" which means "non-existent" "imaginary" "magic" "unreal" etc. Now tell me: DO YOU NOW BELIEVE GHOST EXIST? Can we assume that what Jesus told His disciples was: "See me, THE SPIRIT OF A DECEASED PERSON does not have flesh and bone as you see I have" IS THIS CORRECT? Can we also assume that Jesus is conversant and believes in this "non-existent", unreal" phenomenon?

Haibe, I still need you to attend to this questions.
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by haibe(m): 9:31am On Oct 10, 2013
ravgach:

You have labored so hard to 'prove' that ghosts mean "spirit of a deceased person". You also told us from the same dictionary that ghost mean "Phantom" and "illusion" which means "non-existent" "imaginary" "magic" "unreal" etc. Now tell me: DO YOU NOW BELIEVE GHOST EXIST? Can we assume that what Jesus told His disciples was: "See me, THE SPIRIT OF A DECEASED PERSON does not have flesh and bone as you see I have" IS THIS CORRECT? Can we also assume that Jesus is conversant and believes in this "non-existent", unreal" phenomenon?

When you answer your own question, you can helo someone else.

Now go back to attend to yours, I can't count how many questions you have ignored in like manner
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by ravgach: 9:32am On Oct 10, 2013
haibe:

The problem with you is deception and being biased, infact arguing with you is like arguing with the devil, you turn and twist things to suit you.

don't you know the word spiritual being and spirit being is the same thing? Are you so weak in reasoning or what?

Noun 1. spiritual being - an
incorporeal being
believed to have
powers to affect the
course of human
events
supernatural being
belief - any cognitive content held as
true
occult , supernatural - supernatural
forces and events and beings
collectively; "She doesn't believe in
the supernatural"
deity , divinity , god , immortal - any
supernatural being worshipped as
controlling some part of the world or
some aspect of life or who is the
personification of a force
aeon , eon - (Gnosticism) a divine
power or nature emanating from the
Supreme Being and playing various
roles in the operation of the universe
angel - spiritual being attendant
upon God
faerie , faery, fairy, fay, sprite - a
small being, human in form, playful
and having magical powers

Now tell me the difference with spirit being and spiritual being above.

Infact your arguments irritate me.

You must always be absent minded when you do these postings. I said you do not know the difference between "spirit" and "spiritual" and you just proved it!
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by haibe(m): 9:34am On Oct 10, 2013
ravgach:
". You also told us from the same dictionary that ghost mean "Phantom" and "illusion" which means "non-existent" "imaginary" "magic" "unreal" etc.

and please don't quote me wrong, I never said ghost means an illusion, I said phantom means a ghost or an illusion.

Now go and face all your unanswered questions.
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by ravgach: 9:34am On Oct 10, 2013
haibe:

When you answer your own question, you can helo someone else.

Now go back to attend to yours, I can't count how many questions you have ignored in like manner

You have now been caught in your own web!
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by ravgach: 9:35am On Oct 10, 2013
haibe:

and please don't quote me wrong, I never said ghost means an illusion, I said phantom means a ghost or an illusion.

Now go and face all your unanswered questions.

You definitely 'speak' from both sides of your mouth.
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by haibe(m): 9:38am On Oct 10, 2013
ravgach:

You must always be absent minded when you do these postings. I said you do not know the difference between "spirit" and "spiritual" and you just proved it!

There is difference between spiritual and spiritual being.

Now have I mentioned that Jesus is a spiritual in heaven or that Jesus is a spiritual being in heaven?

Please when you don't understand something, there is no crime in asking questions
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by haibe(m): 9:41am On Oct 10, 2013
ravgach:

You definitely 'speak' from both sides of your mouth.

You definitely are not different from a deceiver, quoting people wrongly.

You can show me where I said ghost means illusion.

and I will show you where I said phantom means ghost or an illusion.
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by Itsfacts: 9:42am On Oct 10, 2013
haibe:

I am not talking of it being a single word, its obvious you are only trying to dodge the question.

1) Is the dictionary right referring to ghost as DISEMBODIED SPIRIT?

2) Will I be right to use NIGHT VIGIL in a sentence?

Please I am talking of word usage here and not whether they are different words.

Please in need a YES or NO answer, no beating around the farm

i made it clear to you and you still don't understand. Read again especially where used spoilt car as an example.

if you cant learn or know how adjective pronouns and noun works you will have comprehension problem which you are showing
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by ravgach: 9:44am On Oct 10, 2013
haibe:

You definitely are not different from a deceiver, quoting people wrongly.

You can show me where I said ghost means illusion.

and I will show you where I said phantom means ghost or an illusion.

LET US REMIND YOU OF WHAT YOU SAID:

haibe:

JMAN corrected me that the greek word translated spirit there is "phantasma" when infact I thought it was PNEUMA as used in other verses for spirit and so I went ahead to confirm and found out this is actually true, you think am like you that someone will tell you something and you would turn a deaf hear without going to confirm

The greek word translated ghost in that verse is PHANTASMA, phantasma means phantom in english and according to my dictionary phantom means an illusion or a ghost

So you can see Jesus did not mean spirit being in that verse but ghost, the greek word used wasn't PNEUMA which is the original word for spirit in other verses.

So you don't have any excuse saying Jesus was talking about spirit being in that verse, he was talking about ghost, he ressurected a spirit being.

I will still urge you to study hard in order to be sure of what you are saying and so you wouldn't think you are following God's standard when you are only deluding yourself, don't just assume every word in the english translation of the bible is correcr, none of those that translated it claimed to be inspired by God, we can only be sure that the original greek text is what was inspired and that is why before interpreting words anyhow we should try to confirm if it corresponds to that which is in the original text.

However if you still want to assume the english translation is 100% accurate then you can go ahead taking all words as they are without confirming but please don't confuse people, that is when the problem will start.
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by haibe(m): 9:48am On Oct 10, 2013
Itsfacts:

i made it clear to you and you still don't understand. Read again especially where used spoilt car as an example.

if you cant learn or know how adjective pronouns and noun works you will have comprehension problem which you are showing

1) I attended a night vigil yesterday,
2) A ghost is the disembodied spirit of the deceased.

Are this 2 sentences wrong or right/which is wrong and which is right?

I can't help but laugh the way you are dodging the question
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by haibe(m): 9:52am On Oct 10, 2013
ravgach:

[color=#990000][/color]

this is what I said, I quote:

The greek word translated ghost in that
verse is PHANTASMA, phantasma means
phantom in english and according to my
dictionary phantom means an illusion or a
ghost

Now show me how this means that a ghost is an illusion.

My brother repent, don't go to hell fire oo because of argument so you won't burn for "all eternity" lol
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by Itsfacts: 9:56am On Oct 10, 2013
haibe:

2) A ghost is the disembodied spirit of the deceased.

Are this 2 sentences wrong or right/which is wrong and which is right?

I can't help but laugh the way you are dodging the question

English is making fun of you. There is nothing like night vigil.

night = noun
Vigil = noun
you cannot use a noun to qualify a noun.

night vigil is a name of an event churches do. For example your church is holding an event they name night morning.
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by Itsfacts: 10:00am On Oct 10, 2013
ravgach:

[color=#990000][/color]

you know what is funny? I showed him that phantasma was not used there but pneuma was used which means spirit. He was shocked. Jesus said pneuma don't have flesh and bones.
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by haibe(m): 10:02am On Oct 10, 2013
Itsfacts:

English is making fun of you. There is nothing like night vigil.

night = noun
Vigil = noun
you cannot use a noun to qualify a noun.

night vigil is a name of an event churches do. For example your church is holding an event they name night morning.

You didn't still answer the question completely.

If you don't know what it is please just tell me, you are TOO PROUD to admit you are wrong.

Now go back and completely answer the question.

I know night vigil is wrong because it is tautological, vigil happens at night so the night there is unnecessary.

please completely answer the question.
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by Itsfacts: 10:02am On Oct 10, 2013
haibe:

ghost

My brother repent, don't go to hell fire oo because of argument so you won't burn for "all eternity" lol

ohboy you be case. Did i not prove to you in the room when Jesus appeared to them pneuma is the word talked about? And when they saw him at the lake it was phantasma. You wont even take the bibles word.
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by ravgach: 10:03am On Oct 10, 2013
haibe:

ghost

You are being childish. The comments you made are there in 'black and white' and you are trying to twist it. Please be principled.

Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by haibe(m): 10:04am On Oct 10, 2013
Itsfacts:

you know what is funny? I showed him that phantasma was not used there but pneuma was used which means spirit. He was shocked. Jesus said pneuma don't have flesh and bones.

face your own wahala first before helping someone else cure his own.

by the way ravgach doesn't care about Greek words, the kjv is 100% accurate to him.
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by ravgach: 10:05am On Oct 10, 2013
haibe:

ghost

You are being childish. The comments you made are there in 'black and white' and you are trying to twist it. Please be principled.
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by Itsfacts: 10:06am On Oct 10, 2013
haibe:

You didn't still answer the question completely.

If you don't know what it is please just tell me, you are TOO PROUD to admit you are wrong.

Now go back and completely answer the question.

I know night vigil is wrong because it is tautological, vigil happens at night so the night there is unnecessary.

please completely answer the question.

hahaha. I answered it. Again see the example of spoilt car that answered your yes or no question.
advice learn what adjectives pronoun noun and noun phrase is. It will help you.
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by Itsfacts: 10:08am On Oct 10, 2013
haibe:

face your own wahala first before helping someone else cure his own.

by the way ravgach doesn't care about Greek words, the kjv is 100% accurate to him.

it is not about kjv it is about interlinear. This is not about war it is about teaching you. I am not helping him it is you i am helping to understand
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by haibe(m): 10:09am On Oct 10, 2013
@ravgach you are just a bloody liar and a deceiver.

Show me where I said a ghost means an illusion.

Ghost: The disembodied spirit; the soul or spirit of a deceased person; a spirit appearing after death; an apparition; a specter.

noun (plural illusions)(countable)
Anything that seems to be something that it is not.

We saw what looked like a tiger among the trees, but it was anillusion caused by the shadows of the branches.

For education sake.
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by ravgach: 10:10am On Oct 10, 2013
haibe:

Mr man there is difference between spirit and spirit being.

there is difference between spiritual and spiritual being.

Now have I mentioned that Jesus is a spiritual in heaven or that Jesus is a spiritual being in heaven?

Please when you don't understand something, there is no crime in asking questions

You have not still shown you understand the difference between "Spirit" and "Spiritual". This is exactly why you are making all these 'cheap' mistakes here and there.
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by haibe(m): 10:11am On Oct 10, 2013
Itsfacts:

hahaha. I answered it. Again see the example of spoilt car that answered your yes or no question.
advice learn what adjectives pronoun noun and noun phrase is. It will help you.

No you did not, read well.

2) A ghost is the disembodied spirit of the
deceased.

Are this 2 sentences wrong or right/which is
wrong and which is right?
I can't help but laugh the way you are
dodging the question
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by ravgach: 10:13am On Oct 10, 2013
haibe: @ravgach you are just a bloody liar and a deceiver.

Show me where I said a ghost means an illusion.

Ghost: The disembodied spirit; the soul or spirit of a deceased person; a spirit appearing after death; an apparition; a specter.

noun (plural illusions)(countable)
Anything that seems to be something that it is not.

We saw what looked like a tiger among the trees, but it was anillusion caused by the shadows of the branches.

For education sake.

You are boxed into a corner. Your inconsistencies have exposed your inadequacies and lack of knowledge on this subject.

You must be living in denial.
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by haibe(m): 10:15am On Oct 10, 2013
ravgach:

You have not still shown you understand the difference between "Spirit" and "Spiritual". This is exactly why you are making all these 'cheap' mistakes here and there.

What is the difference between a SPIRITUAL BEING and a SPIRIT BEING.

don't change it to mean spirit and spiritual, you are a deceiver, I said Jesus is a SPIRITUAL BEING in heaven not that jesus is SPIRITUAL in heaven.
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by haibe(m): 10:18am On Oct 10, 2013
ravgach:

You are boxed into a corner. Your inconsistencies have exposed your inadequacies and lack of knowledge on this subject.

If truely you are not a deceiver, show me where I said ghost=illusion.

You are funny person my brother.

So if Spirit means breath and an angel, does that mean an angel=breath?

you need to be converted, lol.
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by ravgach: 10:18am On Oct 10, 2013
haibe:

What is the difference between a SPIRITUAL BEING and a SPIRIT BEING.

don't change it to mean spirit and spiritual, you are a deceiver, I said Jesus is a SPIRITUAL BEING in heaven not that jesus is SPIRITUAL.

So what is the difference between "Spirit" and "Spiritual"
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by haibe(m): 10:21am On Oct 10, 2013
ravgach:

So what is the difference between "Spirit" and "Spiritual"

That is not an issue in this discourse, no one is talking of a SPIRITUAL PERSON here but a SPIRITUAL BEING

dont confuse the two concept

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

114 Babies Delivered As RCCG Convention Ends (Photo) / 65 Yr Old Woman Gets Flogged Over Witchcraft Allegations In Sokoto / COVID-19 Kills 200 ECWA Mission Supporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.