Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,824 members, 7,810,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:23 PM

Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? - Religion (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? (31604 Views)

Confusion:was Jesus The First Person To Enter Heaven After His Resurrection??? / 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ / Jesus Did Not Go To Heaven Friday / Does Our "Spirit" Go To Heaven After Death? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by Itsfacts: 10:38am On Oct 10, 2013
haibe:

No you did not, read well.

1) I attended a night vigil yesterday,
2) A ghost is the disembodied spirit of the
deceased.

Are this 2 sentences wrong or right/which is
wrong and which is right?
I can't help but laugh the way you are
dodging the question

how can sentence be wrong. Sentence is not a word. You love making fun of your self.
if they say disembodied spirit of dead person a sentence telling you it was person that was dead exclusively angels not among.

if they just say disembodied. That means it is a dictionary word that means spirits like angels ghost etc.
it means existing without a body.

then 2 words are put together like disembodied spirit it simply means spirit that was in a body but it leaves the body and exist outside the body. It is understanding of English that will help you here
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by ravgach: 10:38am On Oct 10, 2013
haibe:

If truely you are not a deceiver, show me where I said ghost=illusion.

You are funny person my brother.

So if Spirit means breath and an angel, does that mean an angel=breath?

you need to be converted, lol.

HERE YOU GO AGAIN:

haibe:

Thanks for the correction:

which of the definition is used for phantom in that verse. my dictionary has 2 definitions.

noun (plural phantoms)

1. Something apparently seen, heard, orsensed, but having no physical reality; a ghost or apparition;

2. something elusive or delusive.An image that appears only in the mind; an illusion.

synonyms: ghost.

BEFORE THAT THIS:

JMAN05:

the greek word used at mark 6: 49 is different from the one used when Jesus appeared to them.

the word that appeared in mark is PHANTASMA = phantom (that is probable where that english word came from).

So the right translation in that mark6 is phantom or apparition(interlinear) NOT ghost.

You have been arguing blindly with ISFACTS and shouting you are being misquoted. I hope you will be principled for once to admit your errors and correct them.
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by Itsfacts: 10:42am On Oct 10, 2013
ravgach:

HERE YOU GO AGAIN:

[color=#990000][/color]

he has always been like this. Change is view each time he posted. I don't even know what he believes. Sometimes he sounds like he is saying ghost exist sometimes he sounds like they don't exist.

in one sentence he will say someone saw a ghost and close the sentence by saying ghost don't exist.
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by haibe(m): 10:44am On Oct 10, 2013
Itsfacts:

how can sentence be wrong. Sentence is not a word. You love making fun of your self.
if they say disembodied spirit of dead person a sentence telling you it was person that was dead exclusively angels not among.

if they just say disembodied. That means it is a dictionary word that means spirits like angels ghost etc.
it means existing without a body.

then 2 words are put together like disembodied spirit it simply means spirit that was in a body but it leaves the body and exist outside the body. It is understanding of English that will help you here

look BE HUMBLE, you said earlier that night vigil is wrong and now you are saying the sentence in which it is used is cannot be wrong.

okay let me make it easier for you:

1) Can I use disembodied spirit in a sentence, is this right?

2) Can I use night vigil in a sentence, is this right?

YES or NO answer please, I don't need stories.
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by ravgach: 10:45am On Oct 10, 2013
Itsfacts:

he has always been like this. Change is view each time he posted. I don't even know what he believes. Sometimes he sounds like he is saying ghost exist sometimes he sounds like they don't exist.

in one sentence he will say someone saw a ghost and close the sentence by saying ghost don't exist.

EXACTLY! May be he is fighting 'theocratic war'. Those who have been flooding his mind and spirit with errors may have taught him this system. Deception is freely used by error peddlers to prove their errors and they do not have any issues with it. It is called 'theocratic war'.
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by ravgach: 10:51am On Oct 10, 2013
haibe:

look BE HUMBLE, you said earlier that night vigil is wrong and now you are saying the sentence in which it is used is cannot be wrong.

okay let me make it easier for you:

1) Can I use disembodied spirit in a sentence, is this right?

2) Can I use night vigil in a sentence, is this right?

YES or NO answer please, I don't need stories.

Why not get your acts together for once! Incoherence here and there!

You have labored so hard to 'prove' that ghosts mean "spirit of a deceased person". You also told us from the same dictionary that ghost mean "Phantom" and "illusion" which means "non-existent" "imaginary" "magic" "unreal" etc. Now tell me: DO YOU NOW BELIEVE GHOST EXIST? Can we assume that what Jesus told His disciples was: "See me, THE SPIRIT OF A DECEASED PERSON does not have flesh and bone as you see I have" IS THIS CORRECT? Can we also assume that Jesus is conversant and believes in this "non-existent", unreal" phenomenon?

Please attend to this questions.
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by haibe(m): 10:54am On Oct 10, 2013
ravgach:

HERE YOU GO AGAIN:

[/color]

BEFORE THAT THIS:

[color=#990000]

You have been arguing blindly with ISFACTS and shouting you are being misquoted. I hope you will be principled for once to admit your errors and correct them.

Show me where I said ghost=illusion. You are so proud to the extent that after finding out I never said it is illusion, you had to go and quote someone else's post as though I was the one that posted it, BE HUMBLE TO ACCEPT MISTAKES, I NEVER SAID GHOST=ILLUSION.

Jesus could not have meant illusion, he described something, an illusion is simply something that appears to be what it is not and cannot be described as not having flesh or bones, use your sense.

Jesus meant ghost not illusion, although phantasma means ghost or illusion but Jesus could not have meant illusion since it doesn't fit the description of not having flesh and bones.

you are confused, quote another person' s post again saying "I SAID".
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by haibe(m): 10:56am On Oct 10, 2013
ravgach:

Why not get your acts together for once! Incoherence here and there!

remove the beam in your eyes first before removing another persons own.
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by haibe(m): 11:00am On Oct 10, 2013
ravgach:

You also told us from the same dictionary that ghost mean "Phantom" and "illusion" which means "non-existent" "imaginary" "magic" "unreal" etc. Now tell me:

Show me where I SAID GHOST MEANS PHANTOM OR ILLUSION.

YOU ARE TOO DULL

So if the word mankind refers to both a man and a woman, does that mean a man=woman? or that man=mankind?
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by ravgach: 11:01am On Oct 10, 2013
haibe:

Show me where I said ghost=illusion. You are so proud to the extent that after finding out I never said it is illusion, you had to go and quote someone else's post as though I was the one that posted it, BE HUMBLE TO ACCEPT MISTAKES, I NEVER SAID GHOST=ILLUSION.

Jesus could not have meant illusion, he described something, an illusion is simply something that appears to be what it is not and cannot be described as not having flesh or bones, use your sense.

Jesus meant ghost not illusion, although phantasma means ghost or illusion but Jesus could not have meant illusion since it doesn't fit the description of not having flesh and bones.

you are confused, quote another person' s post again saying "I SAID".

AS SLIPPERY AS AN EEL
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by haibe(m): 11:03am On Oct 10, 2013
ravgach:

AS SLIPPERY AS AN EEL

AS DECEPTIVE AS THE DEVIL
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by Itsfacts: 11:05am On Oct 10, 2013
haibe:

YOU ARE TOO DULL

So if the word mankind refers to both a man and a woman, does that mean a man=woman? or that man=mankind?

he already did.
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by haibe(m): 11:08am On Oct 10, 2013
Itsfacts:

he already did.

No he never quoted anywhere I said GHOST=ILLUSION.
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by ravgach: 11:17am On Oct 10, 2013
haibe:

YOU ARE TOO DULL

IT IS EITHER YOU ARE LIVING IN DENIAL OR YOU DO SEE CLEARLY AND DO NOT HAVE UNDERSTANDING. THESE THINGS ARE IN 'BLACK AND WHITE':

SCENE 1:

JMAN05:

the greek word used at mark 6: 49 is different from the one used when Jesus appeared to them.

the word that appeared in mark is PHANTASMA = phantom (that is probable where that english word came from).

So the right translation in that mark6 is phantom or apparition(interlinear) NOT ghost.

SCENE 2:

haibe:

Thanks for the correction:

which of the definition is used for phantom in that verse. my dictionary has 2 definitions.

noun (plural phantoms)

1. Something apparently seen, heard, orsensed, but having no physical reality; a ghost or apparition;

2. something elusive or delusive. An image that appears only in the mind; an illusion.

synonyms: ghost.

SCENE 3:

haibe:

JMAN corrected me that the greek word translated spirit there is "phantasma" when infact I thought it was PNEUMA as used in other verses for spirit and so I went ahead to confirm and found out this is actually true, you think am like you that someone will tell you something and you would turn a deaf hear without going to confirm

The greek word [/b]translated [b]ghost in that verse is PHANTASMA, phantasma means phantom in english and according to my dictionary phantom means an illusion or a ghost

I WANT THOSE WHO WILL READ THESE WRITE UPS AND YOUR CONSCIENCE TO JUDGE.

I must add that you are a disgrace to those who have been deceiving you. You expose them silly!
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by haibe(m): 11:28am On Oct 10, 2013
ravgach:

SCENE 3:

haibe:

The greek word translated ghost in that verse is PHANTASMA, phantasma means phantom in english and according to my dictionary phantom means an illusion or a ghost

You see the reason why Nigeria may never grow is because people like you are in authority, people who misuse things just like you are misusing words.

In my words above, I said phantasma means phantom in English and phantom means illusion or a ghost.

Now this is what I said:

PHANTOM=ILLUSION OR A GHOST just like:
MANKIND=MAN OR WOMAN.

NOW can you say MAN=WOMAN according to the equation above??
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by ravgach: 11:37am On Oct 10, 2013
haibe:

You see the reason why Nigeria may never grow is because people like you are in authority, people who misuse things just like you are misusing words.

In my words above, I said phantasma means phantom in English and phantom means illusion or a ghost.

Now this is what I said:

PHANTOM=ILLUSION OR A GHOST just like:
MANKIND=MAN OR WOMAN.

NOW can you say MAN=WOMAN according to the equation above??

DOES THIS GUY KNOW WHAT IT MEANS TO BE PRINCIPLED. DOES HE UNDERSTAND WHAT INTEGRITY IS? HE KEEPS DENYING HIS OWN WORDS EVEN AFTER SEEING IT CLEARLY OR SO I THINK.
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by haibe(m): 11:41am On Oct 10, 2013
you have not still shown be where in that post I said GHOST MEANS ILLUSION.

You are just too proud to admit you were mistaking.

show me if you are not a deceiver.
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by haibe(m): 11:43am On Oct 10, 2013
ravgach:

DOES THIS GUY KNOW WHAT IT MEANS TO BE PRINCIPLED. DOES HE UNDERSTAND WHAT INTEGRITY IS? HE KEEPS DENYING HIS OWN WORDS EVEN AFTER SEEING IT CLEARLY OR SO I THINK.

Answer the question, does MAN=WOMAN in that equation?

lol another way to dodge questions.

I am counting the millions you have dodges.
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by Itsfacts: 11:53am On Oct 10, 2013
Haibe is making a serious joke of him self. Denying his own word even when he sees it face to face.
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by haibe(m): 11:55am On Oct 10, 2013
Itsfacts: Haibe is making a serious joke of him self. Denying his own word even when he sees it face to face.

Common don't tell me you want to be biased in this case.

If SPIRIT=BREATH or DRY GIN

Can we say BREATH=DRY GIN?
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by ravgach: 12:00pm On Oct 10, 2013
haibe:

Common don't tell me you want to be biased in this case.

If SPIRIT=BREATH or DRY GIN

Can we say BREATH=DRY GIN?

What kind of unintelligent logic is this?
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by haibe(m): 12:02pm On Oct 10, 2013
ravgach:

What kind of unintelligent logic is this?

Yes bro that is what you are saying.

If PHANTOM=GHOST OR ILLUSION

Can we say GHOST=ILLUSION?

Just admit you were mistaking, you won't die. I never said ghost means illusion, I said phantom means ghost or illusion.
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by haibe(m): 12:16pm On Oct 10, 2013
King James Bible
Pride goeth before destruction, and an
haughty spirit before a fall. (Proverbs 16:18)

@ravgach King Solomon was talking to you here.
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by akpos4uall(m): 1:25pm On Oct 10, 2013
ravgach:

Haibe, why not first 'cure' yourself of this your inability to differentiate between "Spirit" and "spiritual". This will help you to be principled and become stable. All these 'floating' and 'chameleonic' contributions are becoming distractions I must confess.

Since according to you, he has not been able to tell the difference, please tell us. I will love to know the difference between a Spirit & Spiritual Being. Give examples of each as much as possible. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Oct 11, 2013
Itsfacts:

grab a dictionary close to you and learn. You are making me laugh

meaning?
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Oct 11, 2013
haibe:

Answer the question, does MAN=WOMAN in that equation?

lol another way to dodge questions.

I am counting the millions you have dodges.

dat is his method, hold him down to a discussio, if he dodge it, repost it until he answers it. dont respond if he ignores the question. dat is how to handle such people.

2 Likes

Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by Itsfacts: 10:29pm On Oct 11, 2013
JMAN05:

meaning?

what is meaning?
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by Itsfacts: 10:02am On Oct 12, 2013
akpos4uall:
Since according to you, he has not been able to tell the difference, please tell us. I will love to know the difference between a Spirit & Spiritual Being. Give examples of each as much as possible. Thank you.

goto the link posted you will see the answer
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Oct 13, 2013
Itsfacts:

what is meaning?

are you a kid or what? ask me again. go and address my question let me understand you. You think am here to play?
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by DoctorStephen(m): 4:03pm On Oct 14, 2013
God,Heaven,Hell,Paradise,and even men (males,females; young,old) exists.
If one of the above do not exist,then you do not exist.
Do you exist?
pof600: Sadly, there's no hell & heaven. Your little god in the sky doesn't exist either. People with low IQ are more likely to be religious than people with high IQ. Now this is not a coincidence is it?
The Bible rightly said; "The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity.." Psalm 53:1
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by Itsfacts: 7:32am On Oct 15, 2013
JMAN05:

are you a kid or what? ask me again. go and address my question let me understand you. You think am here to play?

you ask question? Or you wont answer your contradictions
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by nnulmer: 4:32pm On Aug 30, 2014
The spirits of the followers of Christ join Jesus in heaven after death. Non-believers spirits go to hell.

As for the person that believes that all believers of Christ have a low IQ, you are ignorant.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Edo Redeemed Church Campaigns For Ize-Iyamu? (Photos) / When A Son Should Not Succeed A Father By Deji Yesufu / Ghanaian Pastor Flaunts Cash He Received As Offering After Church Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.