Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,640 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

Ogun Is The Poorest State In Southern Nigeria And Third Poorest In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun Is The Poorest State In Southern Nigeria And Third Poorest In Nigeria (5732 Views)

Top Ten Poorest State In Nigeria (2015) / Ekiti Is The 2nd Poorest State In Nigeria-commissioner / Bayelsa State Is The Richest State, Oyo state Is The Poorest State In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun Is The Poorest State In Southern Nigeria And Third Poorest In Nigeria by Adelaide2: 9:04pm On Sep 15, 2013
According to GDP data from a Yoruba man, Geez https://www.nairaland.com/1439842/gdp-nigerian-states-2012

Ogun compares well with Jigawa and Gombe, all poverty stricken

Second image: 10 largest state economies (unofficial data from Geez)

How many companies are operating in Osun? GDP made completely from Federal allocation I dey laff for Naija data.

Re: Ogun Is The Poorest State In Southern Nigeria And Third Poorest In Nigeria by geeez: 9:07pm On Sep 15, 2013
While Osun State has a higher GDP than any state in the SE

It was all explained in this thread but this eediotic unschooled and 2byte capacity brained drunkard high on cheap alcohol chose to pick out this part

https://www.nairaland.com/1439842/gdp-nigerian-states-2012

Ogun currently generates N4bn monthly in IGR which is twice as high as the best any state in the SE is currently generating

12 Likes

Re: Ogun Is The Poorest State In Southern Nigeria And Third Poorest In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:09pm On Sep 15, 2013
hahah

Adeliade you are such a foo.l

you dont know the difference between per capital and poverty?

lol i can see you are reading the report. digest it and drink otapiapia

grin grin grin

Luxembourg 91,388 2012
— Macau 87,765 2012
2 Qatar 86,507 2011
3 Norway 65,640 2012
4 Singapore 61,803 2012

All these countries have high per capital. but are they richer than the US?

HAHA grin grin

You need some education son!

9 Likes

Re: Ogun Is The Poorest State In Southern Nigeria And Third Poorest In Nigeria by 1radioguru1: 9:12pm On Sep 15, 2013
The ops should comme to ogun state. The state is more industralized than even lagos state. The economy is expanding so much lagos- ibadan expressway is fast becoming an industrial hub without even mentioning ota, ewekoro, agbara, shagamu. This is the biggest joke of the century, this threaf should be dumped in the recycle bin section.

4 Likes

Re: Ogun Is The Poorest State In Southern Nigeria And Third Poorest In Nigeria by 1radioguru1: 9:13pm On Sep 15, 2013
The ops should comme to ogun state. The state is more industralized than even lagos state. The economy is expanding so much lagos- ibadan expressway is fast becoming an industrial hub without even mentioning ota, ewekoro, agbara, shagamu. This is the biggest joke of the century, this thread should be dumped in the recycle bin section.
Re: Ogun Is The Poorest State In Southern Nigeria And Third Poorest In Nigeria by Adelaide2: 9:13pm On Sep 15, 2013
Crassus: hahah

Adeliade you are such a foo.l

you dont know the difference between per capital and poverty?

lol i can see you are reading the report. digest it and drink otapiapia

grin grin grin

What is the difference between GDP, PPP and poverty? You tell me

The same Osun state that native almajiris flood the street? The same Oyo that Shoprite is closing shop and relocating to Owerri, Enugu and Nnewi?
To begin with , I do not believe in paper GDP and PPP, although Ogun, is now declared a poor state hehhe. Geez shot himself in the foot; I believe in what is on the ground and in that respect Osun and Oyo are impoverished more so than Ogun and much more than any SE state.

7 Likes

Re: Ogun Is The Poorest State In Southern Nigeria And Third Poorest In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:13pm On Sep 15, 2013
Adelaide2:

The same Osun state that native almajiris flood the street? The same Oyo that Shoprite is closing shop and relocating to Owerri, Enugu and Nnewi?
To begin with , I do not believe in paper GDP and PPP, although Ogun, is now declared a poor state hehhe. Geez shot himself in the foot; I believe in what is on the ground and in that respect Osun and Oyo are impoverished more so than Ogun and much more than any SE state.

Luxembourg 91,388 2012
— Macau 87,765 2012
2 Qatar 86,507 2011
3 Norway 65,640 2012
4 Singapore 61,803 2012

HAHA grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ogun Is The Poorest State In Southern Nigeria And Third Poorest In Nigeria by Adelaide2: 9:14pm On Sep 15, 2013
You bunch of retards cannot eat your cake and have it. either you believe that data, warts and all, or you do not believe it. You wan choose some and leave some? Hehehehehehe

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Is The Poorest State In Southern Nigeria And Third Poorest In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:16pm On Sep 15, 2013
answer my question nah..

or u are attending to your customer who is pricing your cheap CDs
Re: Ogun Is The Poorest State In Southern Nigeria And Third Poorest In Nigeria by geeez: 9:17pm On Sep 15, 2013
Adelaide2:

its no use arguing with you because from all indications, you're an illiterate
Re: Ogun Is The Poorest State In Southern Nigeria And Third Poorest In Nigeria by Adelaide2: 9:19pm On Sep 15, 2013
Crassus:

Luxembourg 91,388 2012
— Macau 87,765 2012
2 Qatar 86,507 2011
3 Norway 65,640 2012
4 Singapore 61,803 2012

HAHA grin grin

Olodo. Average citizens of those countries are doing better than average citizens of the US. There is more poverty in the US than in those countries. Every indices of life (except technology) are better in those countries than US. GDP is all about overall wealth that does not take into account the actual individual well being of the people. GDP is all about the measure of how one or few people (infact the govt) hold the whole money/wealth while 99% of the people are in poverty. I for one I do not believe that Oyo people are better than Ogun people, on the average. So go and get the accurate data. Olodo again.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun Is The Poorest State In Southern Nigeria And Third Poorest In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:19pm On Sep 15, 2013
Hahahahahaha

I busted your thread again.. 3rd one and counting Oya go open another one

hahahaha grin grin grin

That report should keep you busy today

grin grin grin grin

You claim this same date you are using is fake earlier there are about 30 different reports in it why not post them all
Re: Ogun Is The Poorest State In Southern Nigeria And Third Poorest In Nigeria by 1radioguru1: 9:20pm On Sep 15, 2013
Adelaide2: You bunch of retards cannot eat your cake and have it. either you believe that data, warts and all, or you do not believe it. You wan choose some and leave some? Hehehehehehe

this your misinformation is not for fact finding but another dyck measuring childish thingy. I know enough peeps here will engage you in that crusade of yours.
Re: Ogun Is The Poorest State In Southern Nigeria And Third Poorest In Nigeria by funkybaby(f): 9:21pm On Sep 15, 2013
This thread takes the top prize as the silliest thread this year on this website.

3 Likes

Re: Ogun Is The Poorest State In Southern Nigeria And Third Poorest In Nigeria by 1radioguru1: 9:24pm On Sep 15, 2013
Adelaide2: You bunch of retards cannot eat your cake and have it. either you believe that data, warts and all, or you do not believe it. You wan choose some and leave some? Hehehehehehe
Re: Ogun Is The Poorest State In Southern Nigeria And Third Poorest In Nigeria by Adelaide2: 9:25pm On Sep 15, 2013
geeez:

its no use arguing with you because from all indications, you're an illiterate

Hey!!! From your PDF, is Ogun the poorest state in southern Nigeria or not? You posted it remember? You killed yourself. You have been bandying about some fake NBS data since last year. We asked you to wait until the official data is out you refused. You at first claimed this was from NBS but you could not supply a link. Someone else or you with another name did, and it happens to be unofficial stuff not from NBS. Even at that, SE state are not doing badly at all from that data and even Ebonyi is better than Ogun. Lagos that is the best is 50 % Igbo. Now you say the 2013 One Ogun is better, can you post the link of that one or it is in your dreams? Is it official or it's like this one, commissioned by some SW newspapers?
Re: Ogun Is The Poorest State In Southern Nigeria And Third Poorest In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:26pm On Sep 15, 2013
It's unfortunate how some ill bred ninnies managed to get their way into this community....
Re: Ogun Is The Poorest State In Southern Nigeria And Third Poorest In Nigeria by Adelaide2: 9:29pm On Sep 15, 2013
defined:

Per capita income is often used as average income, a measure of the wealth of the population of a nation, particularly in comparison to other nations. Per capita income is often used to measure a country's standard of living.

Therefore, Ogun has the lowest standard of living in Nigeria, together with Jigawa and Gombe

1 Like

Re: Ogun Is The Poorest State In Southern Nigeria And Third Poorest In Nigeria by emmatok(m): 9:30pm On Sep 15, 2013
Adelaide2:

Hey!!! From your PDF, is Ogun the poorest state in southern Nigeria or not? You posted it remember? You killed yourself. You have been bandying about some fake NBS data since last year. We asked you to wait until the official data is out you refused. You at first claimed this was from NBS but you could not supply a link. Someone else or you with another name did, and it happens to be unofficial stuff. Even at that, SE state are not doing badly at all from that data and even Ebonyi is better than Ogun. Lagos that is the best is 50 % Igbo. Now you say the 2013 One Ogun is better, can you post the link of that one or it is in your dreams? Is it official or it's like this ne, commissioned by some SW newspapers?

LOL,

Tomorrow you will claim to Educated with PHD.
Re: Ogun Is The Poorest State In Southern Nigeria And Third Poorest In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:41pm On Sep 15, 2013
are you saying people who live in areas with low income per capital are facing absolute or relative poverty? are prices of goods and services fixed in every part of the country?

are you going to pay the same price for housing in lagos and oyo for example?

or does food cost in Enugu and oshogbo the same?

low income per capital areas usualy have lower cost of goods and services. if the GDPs of these areas increases yearly (Like Ogun is is currently doing according to figures in the same report). income per capital will increase to with time..

Go and sit down and learn jare.
Re: Ogun Is The Poorest State In Southern Nigeria And Third Poorest In Nigeria by Adelaide2: 9:45pm On Sep 15, 2013
Page two of PDF

We also see opportunities for banks to expand services and employees
into states that have a combination of high income and high population density, as
this will provide the footfall required to open bank branches. States that fit this profile
are Anambra, Imo and Abia in the southeast, region; Akwa Ibom and Rivers in
the Niger Delta region; and Osun in the SW.
Re: Ogun Is The Poorest State In Southern Nigeria And Third Poorest In Nigeria by emmatok(m): 9:47pm On Sep 15, 2013
Crassus: are you saying people who live in areas with low income per capital are facing absolute or relative poverty? are prices of goods and services fixed in every part of the country?

low income per capital areas usualy have lower cost of goods and services. if the GDPs of these areas increases yearly (Like Ogun is is currently doing according to figures in the same report). income per capital will increase to with time..

Just ignore the DUD,

OGUN is currently the most industrialized state in Nigeria
OGUN houses more Tertiary institutions than all SE put together.
OGUN is currently the major source of building raw material in the country.
Re: Ogun Is The Poorest State In Southern Nigeria And Third Poorest In Nigeria by Adelaide2: 9:48pm On Sep 15, 2013
Crassus: are you saying people who live in areas with low income per capital are facing absolute or relative poverty? are prices of goods and services fixed in every part of the country?

Cost of living is very very low in Oyo and Osun which explains their Per capita here, which I do not believe though. Cost of living is very high in Eastern Nigeria (SE, SS) yet most have a very high standard of living. How do you explain that? As far as I am concerned only Lagos and Ogun and to some extent Ondo are viable states in SW. In SE, only Ebonyi is unviable. I am on the ground and I see the poverty in Oyo and Osun. Yet I am told Osun is better than Ogun. Tell that to the morons.
Re: Ogun Is The Poorest State In Southern Nigeria And Third Poorest In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:50pm On Sep 15, 2013
^^^

Indeed he doesnt know what he is talking about

he is cherry picking a 45 page report grin
Re: Ogun Is The Poorest State In Southern Nigeria And Third Poorest In Nigeria by Adelaide2: 9:50pm On Sep 15, 2013
emmatok:

Just ignore the DUD,

OGUN is currently the most industrialized state in Nigeria
OGUN is houses more Tertiary institutions than all SE put together.
OGUN is currently the major source of building raw material in the country.

Dude, I did not manufacture the data (Geez, a Yoruba man did) that says Ogun is the poorest in southern Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Ogun Is The Poorest State In Southern Nigeria And Third Poorest In Nigeria by ba7man(m): 9:54pm On Sep 15, 2013
The @OP is definitely a cretin. E.O.D
Re: Ogun Is The Poorest State In Southern Nigeria And Third Poorest In Nigeria by Adelaide2: 9:57pm On Sep 15, 2013
Page 2:

Wholesale and retail trade is the biggest employer in the SW, however agriculture dominates employment in most of the country. We believe
proximity to the country’s ports (Lagos Port Complex accounts for 47% of country’s cargo traffic) largely explains trade’s dominance in the SW, and explains why it is also the fastest-growing sector, behind telecoms.

Statement above clearly brings in the equation of Igbo contribution to Lagos. It is not news that Igbo control 45% of the economy of Lagos via commerce.
Re: Ogun Is The Poorest State In Southern Nigeria And Third Poorest In Nigeria by emmatok(m): 9:57pm On Sep 15, 2013
Adelaide2:

Dude, I did not manufacture the data (Geez, a Yoruba man did) that says Ogun is the poorest in southern Nigeria

Adelaide2:

Cost of living is very very low in Oyo and Osun which explains their Per capita. Cost of living is very high in Eastern Nigeria (SE, SS) yet most have a very high standard of living. How do you explain that? As far as I am concerned only Lagos and Ogun and to some extent Ondo are viable states in SW. In SE, only Ebonyi is unviable. I am on the ground and I see the poverty in Oyo and Osun. Yet I am told Osun is better than Ogun. Tell that to the morons.

Do you notice the contradiction in your posts.

Reading statistical data is above you skill set.
Stick to fictional literature and newspaper gossip.
Leave statistic alone.
Re: Ogun Is The Poorest State In Southern Nigeria And Third Poorest In Nigeria by Adelaide2: 10:01pm On Sep 15, 2013
Page 6 of PDF:

The northern state of Jigawa, which is bordered by the Republic of Niger to the north, is home to Nigeria’s poorest people, with average per-capita income of $850, which puts it on par with that of Zimbabwe. We believe the state’s low per capita income partially reflects its very low rate of urbanisation.

Looking at the color designation for Ogun vs Jigawa, they are in the same boat

Re: Ogun Is The Poorest State In Southern Nigeria And Third Poorest In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:06pm On Sep 15, 2013
please do us a favour and paste the whole conclusion page pls wink
Re: Ogun Is The Poorest State In Southern Nigeria And Third Poorest In Nigeria by Kanwulia: 10:10pm On Sep 15, 2013
*sorry, I yammu driving. I can only read thread titles*

Nor be dia OBJ BILLIONAIRE kam from? grin

SEUN OSEWA TOO? cheesy

Singing to myself. . .

PAHEINTEEE NOR N'IRRRO OOOOH?
ONYE WEN PAHEINTEEE NOR N'IRRRO!!!!!

Oloye! Oloye!

BABA LO TI JA!!!! cheesy

Not surprised. The ABIA STATE OF THE WEST!!!

Greeeeed and Avarice!!! AWON EL SHADDDDDDIE!!!! grin

OYOOOOOLIMAAAAH!!!!! cheesy
Re: Ogun Is The Poorest State In Southern Nigeria And Third Poorest In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:17pm On Sep 15, 2013
Assingment for you adeliade.

A state with low income per capital (cheaper goods and services) with High employment rate (According to the report Ogun has a high employment rate) and

A state with high income per capital (more expensive good and services) with low employment rate.

where are you likely going to see absolute or relative poverty? wink wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can GEJ Still Revive This Or Will GMB? (PIX) / Who Deserve Your Seat And Why? (Picture) / Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Spotted Wearing (n17.6m) Patel Philippe Wrist Watch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.