Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,995 members, 7,825,072 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? (30707 Views)

A Cheating Husband Is Not The Worst Thing That Can Happen In Marriage. / The Little Things That Determine The Success Of A Marriage. / Whats The Worst Thing A Friend Has Done To You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by ona2: 7:45pm On Oct 23, 2013
ceejay80s: Worst thing is having a baby
lol
Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by cacius: 7:49pm On Oct 23, 2013
kulyie: I dont understand the problem here and i dont know why you are so paranoid.

Babes think positive and positive stuffs will happen to you.moreover you are what you think says the holy book
Thank you for your post. I really need that.
Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Oct 23, 2013
specialguest: The worst thing that can happen to a marriage is when you marry a NAGGING woman.. My neighbor is a typical example and i can almost swear that sometimes the man runs out of the house with his pants on his shoulder and his tie in his mouth to continue dressing up for work on the staircase because of a constantly nagging wife.
OMG!!gringrin someone should pls tell me to get up from d floorgringrin

@op, nothing wrong has happened to your marriage, so be calm, patient and patient. Time solve most problems in life, so wait and pray if u can pray. Or wait calmly while being busy.

But pls pray against untimely death of your hubby, its very terrible!!!

I don't think people understand the damage untimely death of a breadwinner or a loved one brings to a family. I never know until I lost one myself.

Each day I remember it, tears trickle down my eyes like river running through a tributory.

My sister-in-law was so so stubborn to my brother that she never gave him rest irrespective of all he did for her, but the moment he died accidentally, those demons pushing her not to be humble and nice left her...today, she is beginning to appreciate the value of my late brother.

I heard a police man slapped her in a hold up while she was trying to maneuver tru...who is that police officer that would dare stare at her unncessarily to talk of slapping her when my late brother was alive

Unfortunately, most women don't know or appreciate the value of their husband until he is gone forever!!!

So @op, you better calm down now and pray hard for God to protect your husband and give him long life.

Death is terrible! Especially, untimely death, it shatters family!!!!

May God grant us all a long healthy life here on earthsmiley

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by Woged2005(f): 8:17pm On Oct 23, 2013
tbaba1234:

I have quite a number of friends whose wives live with them on a student visa. It is really not that difficult.

I do not know anyone whose wife has been rejected and I should know. I will say a larger proportion are accepted. As long as the husband has a good source of funding and everything checks out, the visa will be issued.

Well, let's not derail the thread for d OP. My brother's a green card holder, his wife spent 5yrs in Nigeria b4 getting a visa. US embassy told her it's first come, first serve. Recently my friend's (who's a US citizen) fiancee was rejected Fiance visa at Lagos (un-heard of b4). They told him the visa was meant for pple to wed in USA, however, many pple are getting there and not wedding..so they asked for a proof of marriage in Nigeria. when he did, they asked him to apply for immigrant visa..LoL! Anyway, some people are lucky, not all.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by Tpave(m): 8:28pm On Oct 23, 2013
Irreconcillable differences of course. Wife battering, lack of trust, nagging wife, fighting wife, lack of understanding, etc. The worst thing that can happen to a man is to marry bad wife. If you do, it will only take the grace of God for you to survive it. A very bad experience and i was a victim. I can be a marriage counsellor because i have a first hand experience about marriage. It will only take the grace of God for you to be successful in marriage.
Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by Orikinla(m): 8:33pm On Oct 23, 2013
Childless.
Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by obowunmi(m): 8:38pm On Oct 23, 2013
any form of violence or abuse should never be tolerated.

Mental abuse,
physical abuse,
financial abuse,
emotional abuse....
Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by Gabrielsylar(m): 9:26pm On Oct 23, 2013
is to discover that your woman is or was once a man
Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by femialiu(m): 9:34pm On Oct 23, 2013
Fhemmmy: The worse that could happen to a marriage is growing apart . . .

you are so on point... been there... growing apart is even worse than Divorce....you see yourself everyday, yet you don't feel emotionally attached anymore
Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by godman01(m): 9:40pm On Oct 23, 2013
its divorce ofcourse
Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by Green222: 9:42pm On Oct 23, 2013
when the vreadwinner is jobless and started acting frustrated, the marriage becomes a living hell for the wife.
Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by GentleMimi: 9:42pm On Oct 23, 2013
Oookaayyy...lets see......the worst that can happen in a marriage is that the man contacts HIV,transfers it to the innocent wife,who contacts it,developing into full blown AIDS which she lives with for the rest of her life( i reject it ooooo)
sorry for digressing,but lady,d'nt be decieved oooo. Long distance marriage is a no-no! Its like u're giving the man a green card....u know our men need our supervision and guidiance,or else........
Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by Slowvenom(m): 9:43pm On Oct 23, 2013
Death ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by UyiIredia(m): 10:11pm On Oct 23, 2013
Religious differences. Thing almost tore my parents' marriage resulting in a half-sister but they scaled through. I did my own little bit too to help, my siblings too.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by UyiIredia(m): 10:13pm On Oct 23, 2013
Slow venom: Death ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Correct ! In fact, my answer below is wrong. But in some cases death solves marital problems where a spouses really was a nag to the other, not saying one should wish death or kill o !
Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by Realdon1(m): 10:17pm On Oct 23, 2013
D worst thng in mariage is wen u visit ur distant hubby, u try to hv sex wt him wtout remindin him of HIV test. Mayb ur mind convinced u dat he s pure, wtout knwing dat he has done funny thng and he s a carrier. Just b bold and wise, tel hm u wl go fr test. If h refuse, dnt sex. It s fr ur generational lives, s nt embarasment. Discretion is d better way of valor
Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by Iniewarson(f): 10:42pm On Oct 23, 2013
If the offer in abuja is better than lagos then u should tink of joining him either on transfer from ur own job or resign and get another in abj,u must not stay in asokoro or maitama,its a family not dating anymore
Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by Drone007: 12:15am On Oct 24, 2013
Worst thing that can happen to a marriage is when she hid an out of wedlock 10 year-old daughter somewhere and suddenly springs her up on you after you marry her!
Worst thing that can happen to a marriage is when she agrees to come to your country for you two to wed; she agrees that you'll set up home in your country after the wedding; she agrees that after wedding she would only be traveling outside your country just for short business trips; but a couple of months thereafter vows never to live in your country.
Worst thing that can happen to a marriage is when in her preferred 'paradise' of a country, she serially and literally walks from one trouble to another and you are compelled to go there to sort her out, and, then, get trapped in that foreign country in the sense of staying far longer than you had intended; so much so that by the time you manage to wriggle out of the situation and return to your own country, you discover that your property in your rented apartment are all gone; and, she is not even bothered one bit about that new reality.
Worst thing that can happen to a marriage is when you chose her because she said she is a Christian, your wedding was a Christian wedding done in a Bible-believing Church, and your home is a Christian home; yet she defies you and brings her younger sister who is a Muslim to stay with you fully aware of the possibility for tension that that kind of situation would generate.
Worst thing that could happen to a marriage is when she is married, but acts and flirts like a single!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by Ishilove: 12:16am On Oct 24, 2013
Okija_juju:

The worst that can happen is that you die (without him using you for Ogwu ego)..

Thats is equivalent to bad investment
Guy, I don dey seriously suspect you... undecided
Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by rofemiguwa(f): 1:03am On Oct 24, 2013
Tell me this is not your story .chai!
Drone007: Worst thing that can happen to a marriage is when she hid an out of wedlock 10 year-old daughter somewhere and suddenly springs her up on you after you marry her!
Worst thing that can happen to a marriage is when she agrees to come to your country for you two to wed; she agrees that you'll set up home in your country after the wedding; she agrees that after wedding she would only be traveling outside your country just for short business trips; but a couple of months thereafter vows never to live in your country.
Worst thing that can happen to a marriage is when in her preferred 'paradise' of a country, she serially and literally walks from one trouble to another and you are compelled to go there to sort her out, and, then, get trapped in that foreign country in the sense of staying far longer than you had intended; so much so that by the time you manage to wriggle out of the situation and return to your own country, you discover that your property in your rented apartment are all gone; and, she is not even bothered one bit about that new reality.
Worst thing that can happen to a marriage is when you chose her because she said she is a Christian, your wedding was a Christian wedding done in a Bible-believing Church, and your home is a Christian home; yet she defies you and brings her younger sister who is a Muslim to stay with you fully aware of the possibility for tension that that kind of situation would generate.
Worst thing that could happen to a marriage is when she is married, but acts and flirts like a single!
Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by Gudintent: 3:56am On Oct 24, 2013
Drone007: Worst thing that can happen to a marriage is when she hid an out of wedlock 10 year-old daughter somewhere and suddenly springs her up on you after you marry her!

Oh wow are those from personal experiences?
Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by harmony940(m): 7:08am On Oct 24, 2013
A good job with distance embedded in it can never guarantee a good marriage,the best marriage so far is when couple see themselves and siscuss important issues daily,facebaby,what'sup,and other means of communication can never be compared with physical communication. My candid advice is if u want u man back convice him to come back to Lagos or relocate to Abuja,its not easy but u got to choose ur marriage or money................

1 Like

Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by lastpage: 7:17am On Oct 24, 2013
ona2: I found myself recently thinking and wondering what I will do if my husband finally did not fulfill the promise he made almost a year ago this month, that by month ending he will reunite the family. I am really getting fed up with living like a spinster again and I was telling myself that if that promise was broken, he had better prepare for the worst. Now, what is the worst that can ever happen to a marriage?

I know how you feel Madam. I have gone through it before, separated from wife and kid, through no fault of mine.
A man is NEVER happy to be away from his wife and kids, its just that at times, it is necessary for the "betterment" of the family.
If he had a better choice, l am sure he would come back home very quickly.

Yours is even good, mine was between Nigeria and overseas and initially for the first year or so, even if l had the money, hopping on the next plane was not possible and Social media (Whatssap, BB Messaging, e.t.c) and Video conferencing (Skype, Google with Video, Viber, e.t.c) was not even available back then! angry Even Mobile phone was not available and she has to go to NITEL to receive call!)

Well, we survived it and today, we re a(she especially) reaping the benefit.
Trust in God, pray for your husband to succeed, keep busy, especially on the kids, talk to each other EVERYDAY,
Invest in a good Laptop or Smart phone and install SKYPE on it, fantasize and have E-sex with him ONLY kiss
.....just keep your mind busy and focused on him (I trust he does same).

With time, God will solve all your challenges. At the end of the day, both of you must work to be together, either in lagos or in Abuja.
If he cannot unite you on the date promised, try and reason with him and understand WHY.
I bet it is not deliberate. If he loves you (and l think he does), being with you will (and is) the best thing that he desires.
Encourage him and appreciate his efforts, it will pay-back in future. Mine did.

Go Spiritual and fellowship with God in your idle time (Dont become "a tool" in one Pastors hand o! That one is even worse!!).
In the confines of your room, chat with God. He will answer you and talk to you.

God will give you strength to overcome the "challenges of loneliness", l know its not easy!. Life is not easy at times.

Lastpage!

BTW: Worst thing that can happen in a marriage is "when the love truly and completely dies"!
Worry when your 'spouse' is jealous over you or abuse you for something you did wrong but the day your spouse "stops noticing your existence in your marriage", Hhmmmm......... as we say in that song: Love dont live here anymore!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by Sagamite(m): 7:35am On Oct 24, 2013
Worst thing that can happen to a marriage is when the only person she listens to, the person who is her role-model is her US-based senior sister who, like her, also had a son out-of-wedlock before being married to an American who just recently divorced her!

Worst thing that can happen to a marriage is a reetarded man that tolerates all this!
Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by DarryOsh(m): 8:09am On Oct 24, 2013
Woged2005:

Yep there're background info in naija: The way he treated his ex gfs warn us, his friends warn us, people from his villa warn us, his neigbours warn us, even his lifestyle when we're dating us warn too (they use money to woo us, they spread money & gifts on us like typical womanizers but we smile and collect, they slap other girls at parties, they yell at neighbor's children & complain about children, they hang out with questionable men & comeback late, all his Exs took in for him and aborted, they claim to be international biz men traveling abroad, their job title is veeeeeeery looooooong, he buys only cheap fairly used items, he has no good relationship with is parents and neigbors, etc). We naija ladies see all this signs and still go ahead bc we want to be married & answer Mrs. What other background information do we need, sisters?

back on ur case. try and keep urself usefully busy at Lagos. As long as u can visit him at Abuja (unannounced sometimes) and spend quality time with him, you'll be fine. Use BB, FB chat, texts, Skype to keep ur marriage warm. time will heal. but if u start trouble and threats now, why will a man invite trouble to Abuja to live with? grin.

Please be aware that most free counselors on nairaland like me are either naive teenagers, never married before, or have broken homes. Be careful of Nairaland counselors. Talk to ur family rather cheesy
i like this lady....
Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by Okijajuju1(m): 8:13am On Oct 24, 2013
Ishilove:
Guy, I don dey seriously suspect you... undecided

bet why?! grin
Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by 49cents(m): 8:28am On Oct 24, 2013
unmask: trying to wrap my head around the question, but the worst that can happen in a marriage is for the s3x to stop......

S3x can be used for anything.....make up, bonding, love etc...

Its ridiculous how it is that se.x is still deemed as the elixir for all the iissues that can come up n a marriage or relationship.....when this priceless gift of intimacy is abused, it backfires with dire consequences that are almost fatal
Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by shegzi(m): 9:32am On Oct 24, 2013
the worst that counld happen is to break up
Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by SUNNY45: 9:33am On Oct 24, 2013
Frequent misunderstanding i want to believe is the worst that can happen to a marriage. The more frequent the misunderstanding, the worse the marriage becomes. Staying together or apart does not mean there wont be misunderstanding, but a conscious effort must be made to ensure that misunderstandings are reduced to the barest minimum, of course you need help from God!
Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by SUNNY45: 9:39am On Oct 24, 2013
unmask: trying to wrap my head around the question, but the worst that can happen in a marriage is for the s3x to stop......

S3x can be used for anything.....make up, bonding, love etc...

And what happens when both become aged, but still feel a sense of companionship, does it still matter then?
Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by Nobody: 9:58am On Oct 24, 2013
Sagamite:

Worst thing that can happen to a marriage is a reetarded man that tolerates all this!

Says someone who has never been married undecided
Re: What Is The Worst Thing That Can Happen To A Marriage? by Sagamite(m): 10:00am On Oct 24, 2013
carefreewannabe:

Says someone who has never been married undecided

shocked

Carefree. You think I need to be married before I, a whole Sagamite from Sagamu, will not tolerate such rubbish? undecided

Have you ever met a man from Sagamu before? tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Will Share Her Husband Till I Get Mine / 12 Ways A Nigerian Mother Reacts When You Are Not Ready For Marriage / Irresponsible Fathers And What They Cause To The Society

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.