Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,546 members, 7,955,024 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:43 PM

NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. (29056 Views)

Buhari Returns To Nigeria,to Embark On Three-nation Tour Of Egypt, Saudi Arabia / How NLC And TUC Betrayed #occupynigeria: An Insider Account / NLC And TUC REPLIES President Goodluck Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. by RICHIEBOI1(m): 3:13pm On Sep 16, 2013
The Trade Union Congress (TUC) and the National Labour Congress (NLC) have directed their members nationwide to prepare for a protest against the Senate’s decision to transfer the national minimum wage from the executive list of the constitution to the concurrent list.

In a release signed by the TUC president Comrade Bobboi Bala Kaigama and the secretary-general Comrade (Barr.) Musa Lawal, the union informed that the protest would begin on September 17.

According to the TUC, the removal of the national minimum wage from the executive list would prevent workers from earning as much as they should.

The union said further in the press release that the Senate’s move was influenced by the state governors, and they enjoined Nigerians to support the union in resisting the Senate.

“We will never allow this,” the TUC press release partly read, “because even if the states legislate for state workers (concurrent), who legislates for the private sector? This is why we must mobilise to kick against the Senate’s position.”

http://telegraphng.com/2013/09/labour-trade-unions-tools-tuesday/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

6 Likes

Re: NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. by shidof(m): 3:46pm On Sep 16, 2013
lobatan! wat an idle country ? make everybody go on strike nw. bt ol wat I knw is dt this regime will nt be forgotten for all his good work in all sectors especially on educations, workers nd masses welfare. perhaps, the best regime eva in the country since I've matured. Dn't mind me , m jst commenting ironically....ua free to quote me if ua mature, God bless Nigeria.

16 Likes

Re: NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. by taharqa: 3:47pm On Sep 16, 2013
Protest, not Strike...

2 Likes

Re: NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. by theoctopus: 4:38pm On Sep 16, 2013
taharqa: Protest, not Strike...

Why is the NASS playing politics with this? The NLC should shut down the national assembly!
Re: NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. by Tolexander: 4:53pm On Sep 16, 2013
taharqa: Protest, not Strike...
any difference?
You dey fear?

1 Like

Re: NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. by theoctopus: 4:58pm On Sep 16, 2013
Tolexander: any difference?
You dey fear?

There is a big difference!

2 Likes

Re: NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. by demelza: 5:04pm On Sep 16, 2013
These National Assembly members are very ingenious when coming up with ideas that has everything to do with screwing the masses.

7 Likes

Re: NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. by myads890(m): 5:34pm On Sep 16, 2013
Unfortunuately, in Nigeria we are governed by idiots. They always seem to come up with an idea that's more stupid than the previous one.

33 Likes

Re: NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. by solgee(m): 5:36pm On Sep 16, 2013
Ok
Re: NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. by sammy329(m): 5:36pm On Sep 16, 2013
#Fresh air things grin

1 Like

Re: NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. by Nobody: 5:37pm On Sep 16, 2013
I pray it happen so, maybe that way, Nigerians can get the attention of Mr goody.
Re: NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. by iterator25: 5:38pm On Sep 16, 2013
theoctopus:

Why is the NASS playing politics with this? The NLC should shut down the national assembly!

1 Like

Re: NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. by Nobody: 5:38pm On Sep 16, 2013
Lobatan #EndTimeThings

1 Like

Re: NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. by U235weapongrade: 5:40pm On Sep 16, 2013
In aaliyah's voice *we need a revolution! We need a revolution*
Re: NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. by Unitedforever(m): 5:40pm On Sep 16, 2013

Nice.

ASUU
Tuc
Nlc
shocked

Well,cameroon is not far!

1 Like

Re: NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. by 2baga(m): 5:40pm On Sep 16, 2013
Chei..... oh my country!!!!
Re: NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. by tellmoon(m): 5:40pm On Sep 16, 2013
NASS is a selfish n self seeking organ. while it looks 4 ways of earning pension, it at d same time agitates for ways of reducing d civil servants standard of living. what a shameless country. God is watching us.

6 Likes

Re: NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. by Fresia01(f): 5:40pm On Sep 16, 2013
It seems strike is d trendy tin nw! Me self am going on strike frm nairaland until seun meetz ma demand of scrappn tonto an rita dominic 4rm frnt page!

7 Likes

Re: NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. by Boss13: 5:40pm On Sep 16, 2013
I think the Govt should do the Margaret Thatcher style. To hell with the Unions.

1 Like

Re: NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. by ashile(m): 5:41pm On Sep 16, 2013
Lobatan

Abeg shey na tomorrow,

Make I stuff ma hauz sharp sharp and invite ma woman

Special holiday things

1 Like

Re: NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. by TUNEX89(m): 5:41pm On Sep 16, 2013
For how long.......?
Re: NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. by ucyoma(m): 5:41pm On Sep 16, 2013
wetin we nid 4 naija na crious God intervention(flavour) perhaps a replica of wat Rawlings did in Ghana will mak mega sens
Re: NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. by Aikaechigo(m): 5:43pm On Sep 16, 2013
So no work tomorrow? ~(' '~)
Re: NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. by wellmax(m): 5:43pm On Sep 16, 2013
For NLC, TUC and ASUU, strike is an annual event.

...and our government is not bothered.

2 Likes

Re: NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. by TUNEX89(m): 5:44pm On Sep 16, 2013
I think revolution is the answer to all of this shittttt.

2 Likes

Re: NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. by LeftRebel(m): 5:44pm On Sep 16, 2013
*yawns*

How does this affect ASUU strike?
Re: NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. by searay(m): 5:44pm On Sep 16, 2013
This is why I said that Democracy is not good for this country. Who would have tried this rubish during the Military era. Ok, make we all strike now.

5 Likes

Re: NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. by jmoore(m): 5:45pm On Sep 16, 2013
Are they lazy?
Re: NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. by Stunner1(f): 5:48pm On Sep 16, 2013
Hian
Re: NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. by kayClt(f): 5:48pm On Sep 16, 2013
We need to solve one problem before another,ASUU is still on hold n nw NLC and TUC wants to join in.dis country sha lipsrsealed
Re: NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. by blaise26abj(m): 5:48pm On Sep 16, 2013
Those NLC sellouts are @ it again angry angry
Re: NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. by Abamson: 5:49pm On Sep 16, 2013
Gud ideas,finally there would be collaborative effort to fight all dis wahala commot naija. ASUU strike 1st,Doctor's strike 2nd,Nlc strike 3rd, etc.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Approves Construction/Rehabilitation Of 15 Roads At N182b / 2023: Why Kwankwaso, Peter Obi May Not Defeat Atiku, Tinubu – Adeyanju / Forgive Me For Choosing Fubara As My Successor – Wike Begs Rivers People Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.