Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (119) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3483177 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (1580) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 12:34pm On Aug 17, 2013
Xcely: Please help! When I click on the course reg link in my portal the portal tells me I cant do course reg until I have paid "compulsory fees". Problem is I have 19K5 and they havent deducted the compulsory fees. Can someone help out please, kind of an impasse right now.

Pay in at least N15,500 and use the N19K5 to register your courses, the remaining can stand for your exams registration.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 12:40pm On Aug 17, 2013
Yem0350:
even if u av one million, dey wont deduct it unless u pay. Dat is y it is beta 2 pay fees gradualy in NOUN not dat u shld jst put 250k in ur portal

Not really, like in my case, I calculated well ahead of time. Last August which started my last semester, I had N64,000 and I was in Lagos when course registration started, I wanted to do it but got that message and I called Head office, I was within VI, and they told me to pay in N15,500 to activate the link, I just paid in N16,500 and had a balance of N65,000 which I used for my 22 courses + exams. I later dropped a course and that is the N3,500 balance in my E-wallet. I will soon find out what to do with it.

Overall, calculate and lump in the case if it won't be safe with you or in your account.The bottomline is a perfect calculation and timing! You can run your portal very well and that is the way to avoid these short-off money complaints.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 4:11pm On Aug 17, 2013
I was told they only do PGD in Legislative Drafting, I want to know if one can do her masters there in International Relations or any other related course? Pls I need a fast answer.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jmoore(m): 4:19pm On Aug 17, 2013
Phiozy: I was told they only do PGD in Legislative Drafting, I want to know if one can do her masters there in International Relations or any other related course? Pls I need a fast answer.

http://www.nou.edu.ng/noun/announcements/2013%20Admission%20Advert2.pdf
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by hansomepri: 6:20pm On Aug 17, 2013
Any 100level mass comm student should pls call 08167574390 lets form a formidable study group.we will all bash first class IJN.amen
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Roserbert(m): 9:55pm On Aug 17, 2013
Don't know if this has already been asked & answered in previous threads, Pls I need urgent answer. I have been given admission, now preparing to go for clearance/screening can somebody pls tell me what to expect? and what I need to take along and what next after the clearance/screening.

Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kokopos(m): 10:28pm On Aug 17, 2013
Xcely: Please help! When I click on the course reg link in my portal the portal tells me I cant do course reg until I have paid "compulsory fees". Problem is I have 19K5 and they havent deducted the compulsory fees. Can someone help out please, kind of an impasse right now.

I had 32k500 in my portal but I was also told the same thing u were told but as soon as I paid additional 15k500 I gained access to registration. So pay in 15k500 in any Zenith Bank and you will be able to register.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Hoddion: 10:36pm On Aug 17, 2013
guyss,,,,,,, what is dis about exams cumin up soon dat i hear.... just did my screening not even paid yet and i hear exam s in sum weeks tym... how true s dis? it even displays wen u entr ur potal. exam 30th september..

any computer science 200level here? kindly text me, i ll call u,,, 08164308590 or add me on fb or 2go "Hodion"
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jmoore(m): 11:02pm On Aug 17, 2013
Roserbert: Don't know if this has already been asked & answered in previous threads, Pls I need urgent answer. I have been given admission, now preparing to go for clearance/screening can somebody pls tell me what to expect? and what I need to take along and what next after the clearance/screening.

Thanks

It was clearly stated in your admission letter, did you read it all?

i. Originals of bank tellers obtained when you paid for the form online.
ii. Original Application Pin Number collected at the Bank.
iii. Originals and three (3) photocopies of all the academic certificates specified in
your application form.
iv. Original and photocopy of your Birth Certificate or Sworn declaration of age.
v. Three (3) recent passport size photographs

Make sure you produce your admission letter too.

Course registration follows after the screening.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Roserbert(m): 12:16am On Aug 18, 2013
jmoore:

Roserbert: Don't know if this has already been asked & answered in previous threads, Pls I need urgent answer. I have been given admission, now preparing to go for clearance/screening can somebody pls tell me what to expect? and what I need to take along and what next after the clearance/screening.

Thanks
jmoore:

i. Originals of bank tellers obtained when you paid for the form online.
ii. Original Application Pin Number collected at the Bank.
iii. Originals and three (3) photocopies of all the academic certificates specified in
your application form.
iv. Original and photocopy of your Birth Certificate or Sworn declaration of age.
v. Three (3) recent passport size photographs

Make sure you produce your admission letter too.

Course registration follows after the screening.

Thanks for you response Jmoore, am just trying τ̲̅ȍ have a feel of what the screening is like, since we have a lot of people that had gone through thesame here, it wouldn't be a bad idea τ̲̅ȍ hear their experiences. You know, don't want τ̲̅ȍ be caught off guards. Is it going τ̲̅ȍ be a kind of interview or just τ̲̅ȍ verify credentials or something?

Once again thank you
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by seyisanya(m): 1:45am On Aug 18, 2013
Roserbert:

Thanks for you response Jmoore, am just trying τ̲̅ȍ have a feel of what the screening is like, since we have a lot of people that had gone through thesame here, it wouldn't be a bad idea τ̲̅ȍ hear their experiences. You know, don't want τ̲̅ȍ be caught off guards. Is it going τ̲̅ȍ be a kind of interview or just τ̲̅ȍ verify credentials or something?

Once again thank you
Verification- Nothing more!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Harry4cas(m): 4:58am On Aug 18, 2013
Learn How To Gain Admission to 200 Level Into any Nigerian Universities Without Jamb
www.nairaland.com/1401385/make-up-failure-jamb-waec
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by AnyNelson: 6:31am On Aug 18, 2013
compulsry fee is 22,500.... b4 you start paying n registering ur courses.... coureses are rigistered with fees too...
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Yem0350: 7:32am On Aug 18, 2013
Hoddion: guyss,,,,,,, what is dis about exams cumin up soon dat i hear.... just did my screening not even paid yet and i hear exam s in sum weeks tym... how true s dis? it even displays wen u entr ur potal. exam 30th september..

any computer science 200level here? kindly text me, i ll call u,,, 08164308590 or add me on fb or 2go "Hodion"
dat exam starts on sept 30 doesnt mean u wil start on sept 30. D POP exam wil start first 4 abt 3 -4 weeks b4 d commencement of ur e-exam. I wil advice u start reading hard. D oda tin is dat is not compulsory 2 register al courses 4 exam if u dnt av d strength
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 12:01pm On Aug 18, 2013
Phiozy: I was told they only do PGD in Legislative Drafting, I want to know if one can do her masters there in International Relations or any other related course? Pls I need a fast answer.

Go back to your SC and ask them.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by apeelewuetu: 1:14pm On Aug 18, 2013
Venus1: No courses material in ilorin study centre,pls house, hw can i get this material 100level entrep & buis mang
Contact APE 1 Computer very close to NOUN, Ilorin study centre or call 08066369302
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Roserbert(m): 2:20pm On Aug 18, 2013
seyisanya: Verification- Nothing more!

Thanks Seyisanya.
smiley
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by seyisanya(m): 10:49pm On Aug 18, 2013
apeelewuetu: Contact APE 1 Computer very close to NOUN, Ilorin study centre or call 08066369302
Mr. Ape, Hope you received my text message. Please, try and find time out of your busy schedule to attend to my request. God bless you!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 4:23am On Aug 19, 2013
House pls how much is this compulsory registration fee? THANK YOU

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Roserbert(m): 6:23pm On Aug 19, 2013
Any PGD INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY STUDENT? KINDLY INDICATE, THANKS

Kindly contact me via mail on roserobert0902@gmail.com, you can just drop your phone number in my box and I'll call you or drop your e-mail and I'll forward my number. Let's talk on how we can help each other pass with good grade.

Hoping to here from you guys soon.

Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 8:00pm On Aug 19, 2013
AnyNelson: compulsry fee is 22,500.... b4 you start paying n registering ur courses.... coureses are rigistered with fees too...

What do u mean?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 8:28pm On Aug 19, 2013
nancy1985:

What do u mean?

Pay in N50,000.U will use the balance to pay for ur courses and their exams.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kekakuz(m): 10:12pm On Aug 19, 2013
its not called "my e-wallet" nothing. its mine. yes they might be the custodian but its mine.they cantjust take money out anyhow ...i paid in all i had and they removed one regularization money now i dont have enough money to reg my courses. -i know i would have to pay but it shouldnt be automatic removal. .now am stranded
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kuby22: 10:22pm On Aug 19, 2013
Help
Am a new student in computer science department 100level.I paid N50,500.
I registered for 8 courses and I just checked my portal e-walet balance and its reads -500(minus 500)pls wat does dis mean.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by humblesteve(m): 12:12am On Aug 20, 2013
Any year 1 criminology student here?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Fmdipo(m): 12:57am On Aug 20, 2013
Please I want to apply for Direct Entry Bsc in Accounting, I possess ND in Accountancy with Upper Credit.
1. What are the steps to follow?
2. Is it the same steps as to the admission into 100 level?
3. How much is the amount paid in the first semster for Direct Entry
4. Is it going to be orietation for DE student?
Please I need enlightment
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 2:23am On Aug 20, 2013
Fmdipo: Please I want to apply for Direct Entry Bsc in Accounting, I possess ND in Accountancy with Upper Credit.
1. What are the steps to follow?
2. Is it the same steps as to the admission into 100 level?
3. How much is the amount paid in the first semster for Direct Entry
4. Is it going to be orietation for DE student?
Please I need enlightment
no direct entry for accounting now. see www.noun.edu.ng and www.noun.edu.ng before you request for other enquiries. plissss!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 2:26am On Aug 20, 2013
kuby22: Help
I registered for 8 courses and I just checked my portal e-walet balance and its reads -500(minus 500)pls wat does dis mean.
print out you emalet account page and do the calculation on it. what you see is your base
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 2:29am On Aug 20, 2013
kuby22: Help
print out the e walet account page and do the calculation yourself what you see is your base
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 2:32am On Aug 20, 2013
nancy1985:

What do u mean?
the first thing to do is ; go to www.noun.edu.ng and see the payment schedule.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by theowonder(m): 7:21am On Aug 20, 2013
Takoro13:
no direct entry for accounting now. see www.noun.edu.ng and www.noun.edu.ng before you request for other enquiries. plissss!

I was able to make a direct entry into Accounting just last semester. I will advise you to visit the school to authenticate the claim that there is no admission for direct entry Accounting. The total amount i have paid in the first semester 200L was NGN 59500, registration and exam fee inclusive.

Wish you all the best

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Yem0350: 11:33am On Aug 20, 2013
Takoro13:
the first thing to do is ; go to www.noun.edu.ng and see the payment schedule.
tma has started

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (1580) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.