Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,584 members, 7,823,528 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (201) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3492280 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (1581) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by godstino2002: 2:51pm On Jul 26, 2014
buchi4action: can some one throw more lights on TMA, i just don't understand how it is been done

TMAs stand for TUTOR MARKED ASSIGNMENT. Is the same as the normal TEST or QUIZ/ASSIGNMENT in schools. Each course usually has 4 TMAs of 1 to 20 objective questions (10 marks). For grading, the best 3 TMAs is used (I.e total of 30marks). Consult ur course material for more details

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by baba11(m): 2:53pm On Jul 26, 2014
ferdimako:
Which course? That's my major... I've this semester to get done. If u can navigate ur way thru d officials @ ur SC (it is harder thesedays because they check u in with d exam slip and sign against the course)...ur answer script wld be marked, scored & recorded here in Lagos.

Have u done ur project? How many units did u amass? I registered all because CIT831 has been downgraded to 2 units and NOUN still collects N3K instead of N2K5.

Confirm if they wld allow u if not pay N25K biko and graduate!
Concerning cit 831 Ferdie:As at June when I checked registrable courses,it was still 3 unit s and 2 unit reflected in my result.Is it possible for them to change it without informing us abi it was mistake.By the way,I had already lodged my complaint hoping for their response but I'm yet to c anything ooo....What may be happening?They have not approved my project topics ooo since Sept last year...I am frustrated!!!!!!#Nigerians factors things sha...

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by godstino2002: 2:57pm On Jul 26, 2014
Please, I want someone in the house to help me differentiate between RETURNING STUDENTS FIRST SEMESTER and RETURNING STUDENTS SECOND SEMESTER.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by godstino2002: 3:10pm On Jul 26, 2014
baba11: Concerning cit 831 Ferdie:As at June when I checked registrable courses,it was still 3 unit s and 2 unit reflected in my result.Is it possible for them to change it without informing us abi it was mistake.By the way,I had already lodged my complaint hoping for their response but I'm yet to c anything ooo....What may be happening?They have not approved my project topics ooo since Sept last year...I am frustrated!!!!!!#Nigerians factors things sha...

Na wa oooo. Since October last year project topic not yet approved?.

I have a similar case about the unit. I registered a 3 units course last semester, but showing 2 units on my portal. I was at my SC on Thursday, but was told not to bother much about that, for it will be corrected.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by baba11(m): 3:18pm On Jul 26, 2014
godstino2002:

Na wa oooo. Since October last year project topic not yet approved?.

I have a similar case about the unit. I registered a 3 units course last semester, but showing 2 units on my portal. I was at my SC on Thursday, but was told not to bother much about that, for it will be corrected.
Abi o,that's how I c am!!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by godstino2002: 3:19pm On Jul 26, 2014
baba11: Concerning cit 831 Ferdie:As at June when I checked registrable courses,it was still 3 unit s and 2 unit reflected in my result.Is it possible for them to change it without informing us abi it was mistake.By the way,I had already lodged my complaint hoping for their response but I'm yet to c anything ooo....What may be happening?They have not approved my project topics ooo since Sept last year...I am frustrated!!!!!!#Nigerians factors things sha...

Na wa oooooo. Project topic not approved since Oct last yr?.

I have a similar unit case. I registered a 3 units course last semester but showing 2 units on my portal up till now. I was at my SC, Ikeja on Thursday but was told not to bother much, for it will be corrected.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jul 26, 2014
Kazrem:
You are right bro, it was typo error.
haha
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jul 26, 2014
godstino2002:

TMAs stand for TUTOR MARKED ASSIGNMENT. Is the same as the normal TEST or QUIZ/ASSIGNMENT in schools. Each course usually has 4 TMAs of 1 to 20 objective questions (10 marks). For grading, the best 3 TMAs is used (I.e total of 30marks). Consult ur course material for more details
Math courses have 10 questions which means 1point each. Their exams have 35 questions which means 2points each =70marks.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by tridax: 3:38pm On Jul 26, 2014
Good day house,

Please how can I get past questions for mass communication . As a PGD student....thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jul 26, 2014
godstino2002:

Na wa oooooo. Project topic not approved since Oct last yr?.

I have a similar unit case. I registered a 3 units course last semester but showing 2 units on my portal up till now. I was at my SC, Ikeja on Thursday but was told not to bother much, for it will be corrected.
I don't know how to tackle it this August. SC woman said they are waiting for HQ...HQ checked and said they don't have it. Who is fooling who? If only my SC had sent it...I wld have been done with it with d HQ guys because they told me they won't do anything until it officially reaches them.

How do I tell my SC woman, HQ said they have not sent it because that is d meaning of "we don't have it"? It appears we should all go to d HQ oh. .SCs are ill-treating us because of this yeye power. Guys in Lagos, what do think? January 2015 is convocation time which means certificate collection!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 26, 2014
godstino2002: Please, I want someone in the house to help me differentiate between RETURNING STUDENTS FIRST SEMESTER and RETURNING STUDENTS SECOND SEMESTER.
U too dey ask this kind question?... smh.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 26, 2014
I thought u had been approved of one.

They won't remember to synchronize because they are siphoning off N500 from every individual that signed up that course. The same thing happened during my undergra days...I complained but they never changed CIT484 or sth that had 2units for N2000 while collecting N2500 as if it was a 3unit course. Sb may be collecting that cash.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by timmyoj(m): 4:07pm On Jul 26, 2014
hmm.. greetings guys! NOUN wonders seems never to end. Paid my 13k compulsory fees as a 2nd semester returning student M.Sc Info Tech, surprisingly to discover on my courses registration list that the project fees that was 12k last semester is now showing 40k. how unbelievable! I don't just understand ooo, pls who can help explain
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jul 26, 2014
timmyoj: hmm.. greetings guys! NOUN wonders seems never to end. Paid my 13k compulsory fees as a 2nd semester returning student M.Sc Info Tech, surprisingly to discover on my courses registration list that the project fees that was 12k last semester is now showing 40k. how unbelievable! I don't just understand ooo, pls who can help explain
40 abi 25K? Put up d screen shot.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by baba11(m): 5:38pm On Jul 26, 2014
ferdimako:
I thought u had been approved of one.

They won't remember to synchronize because they are siphoning off N500 from every individual that signed up that course. The same thing happened during my undergra days...I complained but they never changed CIT484 or sth that had 2units for N2000 while collecting N2500 as if it was a 3unit course. Sb may be collecting that cash.
I registered it as 3 units not 2units...It maybe due to mistake from them...it's a 3units course ofcourse. NOUN's @ fault here not me!!!I hope they rectify it @ soonest!!!!!!!!I had completed all my exams since Oct last year....

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jul 26, 2014
baba11: I registered it as 3 units not 2units...It maybe due to mistake from them...it's a 3units course ofcourse. NOUN's @ fault here not me!!!I hope they rectify it @ soonest!!!!!!!!I had completed all my exams since Oct last year....
Everyone is registering it as 3units..u said it has 2units on ur statement of results. That means it is a 2unit course after all, so NOUN shld correct it from d portal via their handler-Cyberspace.

What about d CIT844?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by godstino2002: 6:42pm On Jul 26, 2014
ferdimako:
U too dey ask this kind question?... smh.

This is because their review school fees stated: Compulsory fees for returning students first semester 23k and returning students second semester 13K. This is my third semester, 23k was deducted from my e-wallet as compulsory fees; who den are those referred to as "returning students second semester"?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jul 26, 2014
godstino2002:

This is because their review school fees stated: Compulsory fees for returning students first semester 23k and returning students second semester 13K. This is my third semester, 23k was deducted from my e-wallet as compulsory fees; who den are those referred to as "returning students second semester"?
MBA second semester, M.Sc info tech second semester, PGD info tech second semester, B.Sc 100L, 200L, 300L & 400L second semester students are all returning students second semester. And those whose programs are a two-semester program, their second-semester registration is termed so. They pay N13,000 only as a compulsory fee.

However, U, B.Sc 200L, 300L, 400L & 500L (Nurses do first semester only in their 5th year, u know they started from year 2) first semester students are returning students first semester. Compulsory fee is N23K.

In ur last semester which is ur 4th, u are a returning student second semester and u pay N13,000.

Not all Masters are a two-year course.

I love MBA...my sister is in her third semester in ABU. What is ur specialization?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by baba11(m): 8:10pm On Jul 26, 2014
ferdimako:
Everyone is registering it as 3units..u said it has 2units on ur statement of results. That means it is a 2unit course after all, so NOUN shld correct it from d portal via their handler-Cyberspace.

What about d CIT844?
It cannot just change like that ...since Sept '12 I started my programme, it has been 3 units,why is it just changing now without reflecting in the registrable course?...if you accept it,my colleague and i will not agree because we have every right to prove them wrong...I think for the first time,we have to do things in the right way...had I known,I would have done it last Oct when I did only a course...Ferdie,for the first time, I do not agree with you
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by timmyoj(m): 8:30pm On Jul 26, 2014
ferdimako:
40 abi 25K? Put up d screen shot.

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by godstino2002: 9:04pm On Jul 26, 2014
ferdimako:
MBA second semester, M.Sc info tech second semester, PGD info tech second semester, B.Sc 100L, 200L, 300L & 400L second semester students are all returning students second semester. And those whose programs are a two-semester program, their second-semester registration is termed so. They pay N13,000 only as a compulsory fee.

However, U, B.Sc 200L, 300L, 400L & 500L (Nurses do first semester only in their 5th year, u know they started from year 2) first semester students are returning students first semester. Compulsory fee is N23K.

In ur last semester which is ur 4th, u are a returning student second semester and u pay N13,000.

Not all Masters are a two-year course.

I love MBA...my sister is in her third semester in ABU. What is ur specialization?

Thanks for d clarification.
Mine is MBA in marketing.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ancashy(f): 9:09pm On Jul 26, 2014
Please is ny one in ilesa osun state study centre,thinking of changing my centre but wnt to be sure nt frm frypan to fire
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Aghagba(f): 9:47pm On Jul 26, 2014
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 26, 2014
[quote author=timmyoj][/quote]
Ol' boy! I'm speechless!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jul 26, 2014
ferdimako:
Ol' boy! I'm speechless! @timmyoj...professorgome, are u seeing this?
Pm me to get a contact to know why this double increment.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jul 26, 2014
godstino2002:

Thanks for d clarification.
Mine is MBA in marketing.
U are welcome. What is d cost against ur project now?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jul 26, 2014
baba11: It cannot just change like that ...since Sept '12 I started my programme, it has been 3 units,why is it just changing now without reflecting in the registrable course?...if you accept it,my colleague and i will not agree because we have every right to prove them wrong...I think for the first time,we have to do things in the right way...had I known,I would have done it last Oct when I did only a course...Ferdie,for the first time, I do not agree with you
Do u know what u are saying? U told us here that CIT831 was tagged 2units on ur statement of result and u wld be doing CIT844 to make up to 40units. That ur TCE fell one unit short and that u will fight it. I have not seen my first-semester result let alone print a statement of result.

I'm following your observations and thoughts and you are disagreeing yourself. What I meant was if officially there is a change, NOUN should have to genuinely effect it on our portals. As always they have not. They have updated d registrable course list but only from January 2014 to July 2014 caption.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by EXICON(m): 12:48am On Jul 27, 2014
Good day great house.

I've just concluded my screening / clearance exercise. I've also collected my Matric number. Am I free to go ahead with my Compulsory fees? And how I go about it pls? Someone should enlighten me. Thanks all.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 4:21am On Jul 27, 2014
ancashy: Please is ny one in ilesa osun state study centre,thinking of changing my centre but wnt to be sure nt frm frypan to fire
no study centre in ilesa but osogbo. where is your SC now. ilesa is close to osogbo. you can change and shuffle the two together.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Takoro13(m): 4:27am On Jul 27, 2014
EXICON: Good day great house.

I've just concluded my screening / clearance exercise. I've also collected my Matric number. Am I free to go ahead with my Compulsory fees? And how I go about it pls? Someone should enlighten me. Thanks all.
go ahead with your matric number to the bank and pay compulsory fee. make sure you pay an amount that can cover compulsory fee and course registration fees if you have it at once to avoid 'your portal cant take less than 20 thousand' after you might have paid compulsory fee and want to pay course reg fees
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by godstino2002: 6:02am On Jul 27, 2014
ferdimako:
U are welcome. What is d cost against ur project now?

I will register for project nx semester. This is my 3rd. MBA is now 4 semesters, effect from this our set
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by baba11(m): 7:58am On Jul 27, 2014
ferdimako:
Do u know what u are saying? U told us here that CIT831 was tagged 2units on ur statement of result and u wld be doing CIT844 to make up to 40units. That ur TCE fell one unit short and that u will fight it. I have not seen my first-semester result let alone print a statement of result.

I'm following your observations and thoughts and you are disagreeing yourself. What I meant was if officially there is a change, NOUN should have to genuinely effect it on our portals. As always they have not. They have updated d registrable course list but only from January 2014 to July 2014 caption.
Yea,you are right.. I intended to do cit 844 before but upon consultation with my colleague, he decided otherwise. The reason we left out 2 unit s each was that we had attained the minimum number of 40 units with project to graduate.I advised you to do everything so that you'll not encountered any delay as it seems now for us.But definitely, the mistake is from them.They can't change a course without reflecting in the registrable course.You are @ liberty to decide either to do everything or leave one out!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (1581) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.