Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,166 members, 7,957,354 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 11:25 AM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (274) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3623334 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (1596) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 5:39am On Oct 01, 2014
[quote author=ancashy][/quote]
What credentials? How did you know u passed all? NOUN told us all to login to see our results...some pple are telling me they never bothered. SMH
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dramaticspeak(m): 6:14am On Oct 01, 2014
Campus rep needed for a company in lagos with fantastic benefits. Visit thread for details if interestedhttps://www.nairaland.com/1927166/campus-reps-needed-company-lagos
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 7:15am On Oct 01, 2014
ferdimako:
Pick them up again under exam registration and redo their TMAs. It all depends on u reaching the 24unit threshold. Go to ur SC and talk with d IT person.
By picking them up again will they still deduct money from his e-wallet ? ......
I thought he av already registered d exams last semester
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 7:17am On Oct 01, 2014
emoney7: please am a 200 level of comp sci am in my second semester..but I missed so many exams of my first semester..please what will I do?
How many Courses (Exams) Did u miss ?....
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by nogames: 7:52am On Oct 01, 2014
ferdimako: @ All, all exams scheduled for Saturday 4th Oct 2014 have been moved to Friday 24,Oct 2014.

Today's exam (CIT832) was cool....Let our efforts be crowned with As! If you study past questions from 2012...you're smiling already. I saw folks struggling as usual...if you don't prepare...sorry is your name when a staffer spots you and move your asss elsewhere.

Next is on Thursday...let me go and prepare more. Good luck to ALL.

@ ferdimako: pls i need past questions for Cit891, Cit811 and Cit852 my email is gbengagoke08@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Lekz: 9:41am On Oct 01, 2014
oladaeyo:

cmd along magodo

@Oladaeyo...tnx, u just saved me d stress of going to Mcchathy. D next challenge is locating cmd
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 10:22am On Oct 01, 2014
JAGARS: By picking them up again will they still deduct money from his e-wallet ? ......
I thought he av already registered d exams last semester
Read the thread.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 10:23am On Oct 01, 2014
nogames: ferdimako: @ All, all exams scheduled for Saturday 4th Oct 2014 have been moved to Friday 24,Oct 2014.

Today's exam (CIT832) was cool....Let our efforts be crowned with As! If you study past questions from 2012...you're smiling already. I saw folks struggling as usual...if you don't prepare...sorry is your name when a staffer spots you and move your asss elsewhere.

Next is on Thursday...let me go and prepare more. Good luck to ALL.

@ ferdimako: pls i need past questions for Cit891, Cit811 and Cit852 my email is gbengagoke08@gmail.com
They are not free oh.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 10:27am On Oct 01, 2014
chidiidika:
Good day, pls can you be of help to me in terms of past questions, am an Msc Business Administration student cry
Bros, I saw ur pm...I have PQs of CIT courses only.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by twiceinmay01: 10:49am On Oct 01, 2014
Hi pals...please I need solution for my tmas (gst 102 and bhm 104) please my email address is uefa2014@yahoo.com. God bless y'all
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ancashy(f): 11:38am On Oct 01, 2014
ferdimako:
What credentials? How did you know u passed all? NOUN told us all to login to see our results...some pple are telling me they never bothered. SMH

u are advised to upload ur credentials just like u upload ur passport,though I never bothered,and I passed,very well self,dey are e-exams and I checked my scores once I finished any of d papers.or are the scores nt valid.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by nolio(m): 11:47am On Oct 01, 2014
please what's the maximum unit I can register per semester. 100comm. Tech
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by nolio(m): 11:50am On Oct 01, 2014
how many units do I need to complete before I can graduate
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 12:00pm On Oct 01, 2014
ancashy:
u are advised to upload ur credentials just like u upload ur passport,though I never bothered,and I passed,very well self,dey are e-exams and I checked my scores once I finished any of d papers.or are the scores nt valid.
That one is immaterial... I never did it under this my Ms program and I have my result on my portal. If u had checked when they first released the results, you would have noticed and raised alarms. Until u see officially where ur results are...what u did in d exam halls were just non-binding. What will pple with missing results say?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 12:05pm On Oct 01, 2014
nolio: please what's the maximum unit I can register per semester. 100comm. Tech
Go to WWW.nou.edu.ng and check ur registrable courses' Link for science & technology.

For graduation is 120
For a semester is 24.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Damilare000: 12:10pm On Oct 01, 2014
ferdimako:

Still prepare for it...ur SC will come in when it gets to the day if exam portal fails to load it automatically.
how will the study centre help with it??
i thought they said e-exams are written at headquarters in v/i. Abeg explain well o cos i av EXACTLY THE SAME ISSUE
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 1:09pm On Oct 01, 2014
Damilare000:
how will the study centre help with it??
i thought they said e-exams are written at headquarters in v/i. Abeg explain well o cos i av EXACTLY THE SAME ISSUE
Go to ur study center!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Obinoscopy(m): 1:30pm On Oct 01, 2014
Pls the computer gurus in the house help me answer these questions:

1. A byte is equal to 8 bits and can represent a character internally (True or False)

2. A word on pentium is equal to one byte (True or False)

3. The von Neumann architecture specifies different memory units for data and instructions. The memory which stores data is called data memory and the memory which stores instructions is called instruction, independently (True or False)

4. In von Neumann architecture each bit of memory can be accessed independently (True or False)

5. A program is a sequence of instructions designed for achieving a task or goal (True or False)

6. One MB is equal to 1024KB (True or False)
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by LogoDWhiz(m): 1:55pm On Oct 01, 2014
Obinoscopy: Pls the computer gurus in the house help me answer these questions:

1. A byte is equal to 8 bits and can represent a character internally (True or False)

2. A word on pentium is equal to one byte (True or False)

3. The von Neumann architecture specifies different memory units for data and instructions. The memory which stores data is called data memory and the memory which stores instructions is called instruction, independently (True or False)

4. In von Neumann architecture each bit of memory can be accessed independently (True or False)

5. A program is a sequence of instructions designed for achieving a task or goal (True or False)

6. One MB is equal to 1024KB (True or False)

1. True
2. True
3. False
4. True
5. True
6. True

In computer architecture, we have the MBR which acts as an interface betweeen the Main memory and any other thing accessing it.
MBR is divided into two, the operand section and d instruction section. The MBR fetches the address of the operand from the MDR (memory data register).
But i don't know of instruction having a register or location where u fetch d address of d instruction from.

And also about no 4, its quite confusing, but i'll go with true.

To the best of my understading and what i'm being tot.

All d best.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Obinoscopy(m): 2:02pm On Oct 01, 2014
LogoDWhiz:

1. True
2. True
3. False
4. True
5. True
6. True

In computer architecture, we have the MBR which acts as an interface betweeen the Main memory and any other thing accessing it.
MBR is divided into two, the operand section and d instruction section. The MBR fetches the address of the operand from the MDR (memory data register).
But i don't know of instruction having a register or location where u fetch d address of d instruction from.

And also about no 4, its quite confusing, but i'll go with true.

To the best of my understading and what i'm being tot.

All d best.
Wow!

Thanks so much. I'm so grateful.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by LogoDWhiz(m): 2:04pm On Oct 01, 2014
Obinoscopy: Wow!

Thanks so much. I'm so grateful.

Uwc.

Glad i could help.

You studying computer science?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by richlegend: 2:24pm On Oct 01, 2014
@ferdimako, kindly assit me with the past question(s) for cit 834.i have this paper this week, femyisrich@yahoo.com. thanks and regards
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Obinoscopy(m): 2:40pm On Oct 01, 2014
LogoDWhiz:

Uwc.

Glad i could help.

You studying computer science?
No, I'm doing a Mathematics related Course with NOUN thus Computer Course is included among the courses I have to do. Please can you explain your answer to number two to me in lay terms?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Damilare000: 3:12pm On Oct 01, 2014
ferdimako:
That one is immaterial... I never did it under this my Ms program and I have my result on my portal. If u had checked when they first released the results, you would have noticed and raised alarms. Until u see officially where ur results are...what u did in d exam halls were just non-binding. What will pple with missing results say?
please how can i avoid having missing results, i mean what are the AVOIDABLE MISTAKES that leads to STORIES THAT TOUCH??.Thanks in anticipation
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by LogoDWhiz(m): 3:17pm On Oct 01, 2014
Obinoscopy: No, I'm doing a Mathematics related Course with NOUN thus Computer Course is included among the courses I have to do. Please can you explain your answer to number two to me in lay terms?

okay. That's nice.

When you talk about pentium, you are actually referring to the processor. A word actually means a byte. We call it the length of the word.

2 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 3:22pm On Oct 01, 2014
Damilare000:
please how can i avoid having missing results, i mean what are the AVOIDABLE MISTAKES that leads to STORIES THAT TOUCH??.Thanks in anticipation
No clue...it is never students' fault.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 3:25pm On Oct 01, 2014
richlegend: @ferdimako, kindly assit me with the past questions for cit 752, cit742 and cit 756..i have these papers this week, femyisrich@yahoo.com. thanks and regards
Buddy, I do not have! Good luck!
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by LogoDWhiz(m): 3:27pm On Oct 01, 2014
@obinoscopy
When do u have the exam?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by pumbaaa: 3:33pm On Oct 01, 2014
Bro, I'm in need of these same set of past question papers with the addition of MKT 826 Marketing Management , MBA 806 Human Resources Management.
Email address : ugochukwuawoke@ymail.com Thanks in anticipation.
godstino2002: Pls house. I am still in need of any of the ff past question papers:
1) BHM 805 Corporate Finance,
2) MKT 824 Consumer Behavior
3) MKT 825 International Marketing
4) ENT 831 Marketing Ethics
5) MBA 896 Entrepreneurship and
6) MBA 898 Business Policy

My mail (godstino2002@yahoo.co.uk)
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Obinoscopy(m): 3:39pm On Oct 01, 2014
LogoDWhiz: @obinoscopy
When do u have the exam?
Next Month.

Thanks for the explanation on what Byte is. I had thought Byte is strictly a unit (just like kilometre or Minute) which is equivalent to 8 Bits. And I had thought there could be a word that's so large that 8 bits can't represent it.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by LogoDWhiz(m): 3:48pm On Oct 01, 2014
Obinoscopy: Next Month.

Thanks for the explanation on what Byte is. I had thought Byte is strictly a unit (just like kilometre or Minute) which is equivalent to 8 Bits. And I had thought there could be a word that's so large that 8 bits can't represent it.

Okay. Seems you are kinda right.
Just google searched it now, and i saw that word can be extended.

But by default, what i was tot is that a word is a byte. Maximum allocation for a word in the memory. I.e. The total size a word can contain. But it seems it had being increased.

And d question was, is word in pentium a byte?
Its kind of true.

It would have beem arguable if the question is, Is word in pentium OnLY a byte?

We learn everyday. God bless.

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (1596) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.