Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,214 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (439) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3487913 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) ... (1581) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by donbrowser(m): 6:57am On Oct 07, 2015
Kazrem:

You can say that again. Being watchful of him too just chose to silent as I do not want e-argument. I don't like it and it's not my doing
He is ferdimako same attitude

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by damiliano(m): 7:45am On Oct 07, 2015
MORNING,PLS, IS IT POSSIBLE TO GRADUATE AFTER PASSING THE REQUIRED NUM OF UNITS BUT STILL HAS ONE OR TWO OUTSTANDING WHICH DOES NOT INCLUDE THE PASSED ONES?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by hiswords7: 10:24am On Oct 07, 2015
damiliano:
MORNING,PLS, IS IT POSSIBLE TO GRADUATE AFTER PASSING THE REQUIRED NUM OF UNITS BUT STILL HAS ONE OR TWO OUTSTANDING WHICH DOES NOT INCLUDE THE PASSED ONES?

From my own knowledge,since u have registered it b4 and u have writing the exam but u had an F. It is important u resit for it and pass it b4 u can talk about graduating. This is normal for the conventional university,not sure of how noun will react to it

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by thelifechangers: 11:33am On Oct 07, 2015
Please check your email please
PeyButtons:
Hello everyone... Good morning,please the NOUN Whatsapp group is still very much alive. If you're interested...send your name,course studying and valid whatsapp phone number to portablebuttons@gmail.com
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by vision2050: 1:12pm On Oct 07, 2015
vision2050:
I'm unable to access noun i-learn. I need help.
neep help asap
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by wewewewe: 3:57pm On Oct 07, 2015
Please house is there any consequence if one write noun exam outside his or her study Center....
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by MimiHANS(m): 5:23pm On Oct 07, 2015
vision2050:
neep help asap
Keep trying. Perhaps, the network is bad.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by hiswords7: 5:27pm On Oct 07, 2015
wewewewe:
Please house is there any consequence if one write noun exam outside his or her study Center....

U wouldn't even be able to do that,because your matric number will not load u in elsewhere than your registered study center.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by nogames: 6:01pm On Oct 07, 2015
Well done guys, We NOUN pioners are proud of u all, keep the flag flying. How time flies, just like yesterday pain and endurance of 8 years in NOUN for 4 years courses is worth while at last. NOUN is getting there. Thank God I didnt allow 4 years delay ( WITHOUT carry over ) during my undergrate discourage me from register immediately for master degree, today i'm now an MSC holder. Working with a telecom company.. To God be the glory ( sorry for the typos)

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by MimiHANS(m): 6:32pm On Oct 07, 2015
nogames:
Well done guys, We NOUN pioners are proud of u all, keep the flag flying. How time flies, just like yesterday pain and endurance of 8 years in NOUN for 4 years courses is worth while at last. NOUN is getting there. Thank God I didnt allow 4 years delay ( WITHOUT carry over ) during my undergrate discourage me from register immediately for master degree, today i'm now an MSC holder. Working with a telecom company.. To God be the glory ( sorry for the typos)

1 million likes...

2 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 6:49pm On Oct 07, 2015
nogames:

Pls why did it take you 8 years to graduate for a four year course?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dayjahvoo: 7:29pm On Oct 07, 2015
wewewewe:

before you can do that, you need a letter of introduction to that study centre.

It's already pre-written and signed. you only have to fill in the name of the study centre.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by nogames: 7:51pm On Oct 07, 2015
TastyTuoyo:

Pls why did it take you 8 years to graduate for a four year course?
Many factors but major reason was non availability of course s material. Let me jist u a litle, courses material were awarded to profs, i mean gray hairs profs from various universities (beleived to be experts) . Then 2 unit couse was 200k while 3 unit course where 300k these peopl collected 50% up front, but refuse to comply with submission deadline. Because most of them are not ICT compliance and NOUN is ICT base institution. So no option than to look for young profs and Drs who are ICT complaince but then money was another issue because nobody can ask these old profs for refund, NOUN still need them anyway, they are HODs and Directors of study in various universities, dont forget opinion of these people matter in academic community. So they must no speak negative about young institution like NOUN tbat was looking for society acceptabity. The problem doesnt end there, i will cont later
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 8:03pm On Oct 07, 2015
nogames:
Many factors but major reason was non availability of course s material. Let me jist u a litle, courses material were awarded to profs, i mean gray hairs profs from various universities (beleived to be experts) . Then 2 unit couse was 200k while 3 unit course where 300k these peopl collected 50% up front, but refuse to comply with submission deadline. Because most of them are not ICT compliance and NOUN is ICT base institution. So no option than to look for young profs and Drs who are ICT complaince but then money was another issue because nobody can ask these old profs for refund, NOUN still need them anyway, they are HODs and Directors of study in various universities, dont forget opinion of these people matter in academic community. So they must no speak negative about young institution like NOUN tbat was looking for society acceptabity. The problem doesnt end there, i will cont later

OK but things have changed now You graduate after 4years
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by nogames: 8:10pm On Oct 07, 2015
TastyTuoyo:

OK but things have changed now You graduate after 4years
Yes i know, u people are very lucky
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 8:31pm On Oct 07, 2015
nogames:

Yeah you can say that again!
I like you perseverance
You are indeed a Man
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by samguru(m): 10:44pm On Oct 07, 2015
Nounilearn,
I still need a convincing answer to the TMAs marking,is it best 3 or the 4 TMAs answered at postgraduate level precisely M.Sc.
Cos one of my courses is saying the best 4 will be used meanwhile the number of TMAs has not in anyway exceeded 4.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by hiswords7: 10:47pm On Oct 07, 2015
nogames:

Lucky indeed,am so glad seeing this from an alumni. Your story was touching sir,but good to hear it all ended with a testimony. Once again,good to see you on this forum encouraging g fellow students.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by honourableseyi: 11:42pm On Oct 07, 2015
Senate Proceedings for today Wednesday, 7th October, 2015
Prayer/Votes and Proceedings
The Prayer & the approval of Votes & Proceedings motion of Tuesday 6th October, 2015 was moved by Senator Gbolahan Dada (APC) representing Ogun West Senatorial District.
Announcements
Senator Babajide Omoworare (APC) representing Osun East Senatorial District wrote to Senators to confirm/update their email addresses in order to receive the e-copies of Order Paper on time and study them before the next legislative day. ‪#‎eParliament‬
Also, Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe (PDP) representing Abia South Senatorial District announced for all Senators of University of Benin Alumni to meet with him later on.
After the announcements, Senate President Bukola Saraki then acknowledged the visiting Student Representatives' Council of the Adekunle Ajasin University Akungba, Akungba-Akoko.
Senator Shehu Sani (APC) representing Kaduna Central raised a Point of Order regarding Petitions; says 'I have 36 Petitions to present before the Senate from my Constituency'. Senate President then allowed Senator Shehu Sani to lay his petition and refers it to the Senate Committee on Ethics, Privileges and Public Petitions.
Senator George Sekibo (PDP) representing Rivers East Senatorial District raised a Petition against Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi amidst the yelling of Senators from the All Progressives Congress for a Point of Order.
The Yelling of Point Of Order and No, No No continued as Senator Sekibo took his seat.
Senate Leader Ali Ndume (APC) representing Borno South Senatorial District moved ahead for the presentation of Four (4) Bills for First Reading. And the Clerk of the Senate read them:
1. Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (Alteration) Bill 2015. (SB. 29) by Senator Babajide Omoworare of Osun East Senatorial District.
2. Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (Alteration) Bill 2015 (SB.30) by Senator BabaJide Omoworare of Osun East Senatorial District.
3. Robbery and Firearms (Special Provision) Act (Amendment) Bill 2015 (SB. 30) by Senator Jibril Barau of Kano North Senatorial District.
4. National Open University Act (Amendment) Bill 2015 (SB. 66) by Senator Jibril Barau of Kano North Senatorial District.
The First Motion of the day was on the demise of Chief (Mrs.) Hannah Idowu Dideolu Awolowo (1915 - 2015) sponsored by Sen Olanrewaju Tejuoso representing Ogun Central.
Senator Lanre Tejuoso took time to eulogize the great life of the matriarch of the Awolowo Family.Senators Abiodun Olujimi (PDP) representing Ekiti South Senatorial District, Tayo Alasoadura (APC) representing Ondo Central Senatorial District and Fatimat Rasaki (PDP) representing Ekiti Central Senatorial District added their voices to appreciate the good life of Mama HID Awolowo.
The Senate then had a minute silence for the repose of the Soul of Mama HID Awolowo, the ‪#‎JewelOfInestimableValue‬.
In addition to this, The Senate raised a delegation to commiserate with the Awolowo Family. Members included: Senators Stella Oduah (PDP) representing Anambra North, Abiodun Olujimi (PDP) representing Ekiti South Ben Murray-Bruce (PDP) representing Bayelsa East, Shehu Sani representing Kaduna Central, Ahmad Lawan (APC) representing Yobe North, all three Ogun State Senators and Senate President Bukola Saraki himself.
The Senate moved ahead to the Consideration of a Report of the Ad-Hoc Committee on Legislative Agenda for the Senate by Senate Leader Ali Ndume (APC).
Senate President Bukola Saraki deferred the report on the AdHoc Committee on Legislative Agenda for the Senate till the next legislative day.
Senate Leader Ali Ndume then moved for the Consideration of some Bills for Second Reading. Senate Leader moved that the Bills be stepped down to allow Senators peruse them and make inputs.
Having exhausted the motions on the Order Paper, Senate Leader Ali Ndume moved for the adjournment of Plenary to Thursday 8th October, 2015.
Senate Plenary for Wednesday 7th October, 2015 ended at 12:15 pm. ‪#‎GavelBangs‬ Senate

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dayjahvoo: 12:45am On Oct 08, 2015
samguru:
Nounilearn,
I still need a convincing answer to the TMAs marking,is it best 3 or the 4 TMAs answered at postgraduate level precisely M.Sc.
Cos one of my courses is saying the best 4 will be used meanwhile the number of TMAs has not in anyway exceeded 4.

In almost every course material they write that 4 TMAs are used but that is never the case.

The best 3 out of your 4 TMAs are used and then you go and battle for 70 in the exams.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by nogames: 1:29am On Oct 08, 2015
@iswords7 and @ tastyTuoyo thanks for your comments, promise to be here whenever i'm less bussy @ SAMGURU do you have idea of what that amendment bill is all about? If yes pls share it on this forum , but i can assure u NOUN is here to stay. You guys need to watch out and cry out if the bill is not favourable to student b4 its pass into law . Coming frm Northern elite hnm i dont want to be prejuidiced about my judgement but NOUN student shld watch out. Is either they want NOUN to be self financing, there by make it out of reach for the poor, or want JAMB to be regulating NOUN admission. This is public forum let me stop here
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by baba11(m): 8:17am On Oct 08, 2015
nogames:
@iswords7 and @ tastyTuoyo thanks for your comments, promise to be here whenever i'm less bussy @ SAMGURU do you have idea of what that amendment bill is all about? If yes pls share it on this forum , but i can assure u NOUN is here to stay. You guys need to watch out and cry out if the bill is not favourable to student b4 its pass into law . Coming frm Northern elite hnm i dont want to be prejuidiced about my judgement but NOUN student shld watch out. Is either they want NOUN to be self financing, there by make it out of reach for the poor, or want JAMB to be regulating NOUN admission. This is public forum let me stop here
Congrats that you can use your certificate to work in the telecom industry and in sha Allah, I ll do same soon.

Here,I can count myself as the luckiest noun student because I did 3 semesters in a year.A exams I did here was due to the inability to sign and stamp my exams slip back in the state before relocation as the exams was my first paper.

I'll stop here because this is a public forum but I can vouch that noun is improving everyday.

To even be a successful students, you've to be studios and smart * * * first class is not easily made**** in noun due to the standard there.

2 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 3:22pm On Oct 08, 2015
Please i need past questions for bfn 304 - financial systems 300l accounting
Please its very urgent, i av d exam on Monday Anybody who can help me with it
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Hiploko(m): 7:57am On Oct 09, 2015
Urgent plss!!!! What's is the fate with those MBA with 2 missing results from last semester? We were told here that results are released in batches but till now they have not been released. Please what is the way forward?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by baba11(m): 12:16pm On Oct 09, 2015
Has anyone received this message too:

"All NOUN Students,their families,Friends &well wishers are kindly requested to text "NOUN" to either 08122223176 or 08062290169 for the 2015 edition of "ISDMG"

WHAT DOES IT IMPLY!!!! cool
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by nuelzy: 12:57pm On Oct 09, 2015
nogames:
i will love it if jamb starts regulating noun's admission
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by nuelzy: 1:06pm On Oct 09, 2015
Any mass communication student here??

100lvl 1st semester...any study center

lets hook up on whatsapp for sharing ideas nd xperiences...plus ways of broadening our horizon

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by hiswords7: 3:28pm On Oct 09, 2015
baba11:
Has anyone received this message too:

"All NOUN Students,their families,Friends &well wishers are kindly requested to text "NOUN" to either 08122223176 or 08062290169 for the 2015 edition of "ISDMG"

WHAT DOES IT IMPLY!!!! cool

Be careful bro,if I were u I will not reply such message sir. I suspect fowl play
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by baba11(m): 3:32pm On Oct 09, 2015
hiswords7:

Be careful bro,if I were u I will not reply such message sir. I suspect fowl play
I too....it's just a matter of time ....such dubious person will soon be caught cool
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by wableo: 3:45pm On Oct 09, 2015
baba11:

I too....it's just a matter of time ....such dubious person will soon be caught cool
There is no foul play, it was pasted in ibadan centre. Is voting for the best university in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by baba11(m): 4:31pm On Oct 09, 2015
wableo:

There is no foul play, it was pasted in ibadan centre. Is voting for the best university in Nigeria.
Ooooh I see!

(1) (2) (3) ... (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) ... (1581) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: honey001(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.