Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,863 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (517) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3489859 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) ... (1581) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by afuye(m): 11:16am On Feb 13, 2016
You guys just come here and ask stupid questions faa. Check the meaning of compulsory in your dictionary
Philipsdael:
Guyz,
will the payment of the compulsory fee still last till month end ?
cos we only read that Course reg and exam fee will close on 11th of March or thereabout.
thnks

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 11:27am On Feb 13, 2016
Philipsdael:
Guyz,
will the payment of the compulsory fee still last till month end ?
cos we only read that Course reg and exam fee will close on 11th of March or thereabout.
thnks
yea everything closes 11th march
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dayjahvoo: 11:29am On Feb 13, 2016
afuye:
You guys just come here and ask stupid questions faa. Check the meaning of compulsory in your dictionary

Calm down. he just asked a question. you either answer or you ignore.

2 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Bodmas15(m): 11:36am On Feb 13, 2016
Profile Of The New VC Of NOUN – Prof Abdalla Uba Adamu

http://nounites.com/forums/topic/profile-of-the-new-vc-of-noun-abdalla-uba-adamu/
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Htown64(m): 5:12pm On Feb 13, 2016
IamLadyB:
NOUN VC Explains Why Some Result Are Missing

http://nounites.com/forums/topic/vc-explains-why-some-result-are-missing/
Bloody liars... I have written introduction to criminology 11 twice with no result and its an e-exam which you don't have to write your mat number on. So what explanation will they give on this one.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Philipsdael(m): 5:35pm On Feb 13, 2016
afuye:
If I didn't take a deep breathe and calmed down ....I would've unleashed woe betiding curses on you.... but Hmmm, well, Peace be with you.
dayjahvoo:

Calm down. he just asked a question. you either answer or you ignore.
Thank Sir,
I really appreciate your reasonable reply.

SunnyBlaze1:

yea everything closes 11th march
SunnyBlaze, Boss, thanks a lot .
With this date, I can meet up with all fees.
#73,000noBeBeans
Thanks

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by SQLmastar(m): 6:21pm On Feb 13, 2016
@Kazrem and co. When will tma end?
And can't it be done next month ?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by hiswords7: 7:02pm On Feb 13, 2016
SQLmastar:
@Kazrem and co. When will tma end?
And can't it be done next month ?
U can do it next month and even probably till exam period. But why wait till then? Tma will help u read and understand your course......my opinion=>start it now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dayosaurus(m): 9:50pm On Feb 13, 2016
Guys how do I know the list of courses I'm to do, I'm seeing 100 lol, 200lvl and 300lvl on my portal. . I just got in thru D. E
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by SQLmastar(m): 10:04pm On Feb 13, 2016
TastyTuoyo:

I did that last semester MAC 117 writing for mass media 1...contact me via mail..tastytuoyo@gmail.com
Sawn.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by hiswords7: 10:06pm On Feb 13, 2016
dayosaurus:
Guys how do I know the list of courses I'm to do, I'm seeing 100 lol, 200lvl and 300lvl on my portal. . I just got in thru D. E

Well,go for your 200l courses, but there are some 100l courses u have to pass b4 graduation..... Gst107(good study guide) is one of them. U can as well check your department's registrable course online or visit your SC
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dayosaurus(m): 11:04pm On Feb 13, 2016
hiswords7:

Well,go for your 200l courses, but there are some 100l courses u have to pass b4 graduation..... Gst107(good study guide) is one of them. U can as well check your department's registrable course online or visit your SC

Thanks brother..
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dayosaurus(m): 11:15pm On Feb 13, 2016
S
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dest4real(m): 11:32pm On Feb 13, 2016
Hello house,

Am a student at NOUN, i'm taking post graduate diploma in Education (PGDE). Can you please tell me how exams are conducted? I registered for (7) seven courses this semester (first semester). I see that the TMA's are all objective questions, will the exams be objectives (i mean multiple choice questions) too?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 12:17am On Feb 14, 2016
dest4real:
Hello house,

Am a student at NOUN, i'm taking post graduate diploma in Education (PGDE). Can you please tell me how exams are conducted? I registered for (7) seven courses this semester (first semester). I see that the TMA's are all objective questions, will the exams be objectives (i mean multiple choice questions) too?
Your exams are written otherwise known as Pen On Paper (pop). Only Good study Guide will be e-exam (objective and fill in the gap).

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Journi2America(m): 12:18am On Feb 14, 2016
MimiHANS:

Sorry for the late response.
Habitually, holders of HND (with a minimum of Upper Credit) from institutions recognized by the Senate of NOUN, in a 'related' field of study are accepted to come for their Masters in NOUN.

Per contra, your HND course (Elect/Elect) is not related to Comm Tech, so you will be admitted into 200L or better still, you can dive into PGD.

All the best!

Nigeria..n.who says they are not related. what about those that read ELECT/ELECT...WITH TELECOMUNICATION OPTIONS?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Journi2America(m): 12:24am On Feb 14, 2016
ELECTRONIC IS THE MOTHER OF COMPUTER SCIENCE., INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY...DATA COMMUNICATION......Those that says Elect/Elect is no way related communication n information technology aint not be sincere
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dest4real(m): 8:09am On Feb 14, 2016
Kazrem:

Your exams are written otherwise known as Pen On Paper (pop). Only Good study Guide will be e-exam (objective and fill in the gap).

Thank you sir
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Bodmas15(m): 8:11am On Feb 14, 2016
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dest4real(m): 8:14am On Feb 14, 2016
Good morning house,

I'm a new PGDE student at NOUN. In my portal, i have four TMA's (TMA1-4) for each course. Can i answer all the questions now? or i just have to answer TMA1 for now?

Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 8:25am On Feb 14, 2016
dest4real:
Good morning house,

I'm a new PGDE student at NOUN. In my portal, i have four TMA's (TMA1-4) for each course. Can i answer all the questions now? or i just have to answer TMA1 for now?

Thanks

Good morning, you can answer all the questions.
TMA constitute 30 per cent of the total score for the course so pls take your time and endeavour you score nothing less than 29.5 or 29 in a course.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dest4real(m): 8:36am On Feb 14, 2016
TastyTuoyo:

Good morning, you can answer all the questions.
TMA constitute 30 per cent of the total score for the course so pls take your time and endeavour you score nothing less than 29.5 or 29 in a course.

Thank you sir. Please when is the last date for submission of these TMA's?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 8:42am On Feb 14, 2016
dest4real:

Thank you sir. Please when is the last date for submission of these TMA's?
No last date but it's advisable to do it before exam. It practically prepares one for exam

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dest4real(m): 9:03am On Feb 14, 2016
Kazrem:

No last date but it's advisable to do it before exam. It practically prepares one for exam

Thank you sir
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by to9ice: 9:06am On Feb 14, 2016
Am a new student for pgde pls hw do I get past questions for exams? Post grad dip in edu past questions pls
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ffrreeee(f): 9:17am On Feb 14, 2016
Good morning, I'm a PGDE std, n in my third semester. I'm supposed to do my TP and project this semester, but I've done everything in 2nd semester, but my results have not been updated. When I called the counsellor, he said the results will be uploaded against 3rd semester. My worry is this; will I have to pay another compulsory semester fee before I can check my results this semester?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dest4real(m): 9:43am On Feb 14, 2016
to9ice:
Am a new student for pgde pls hw do I get past questions for exams? Post grad dip in edu past questions pls

When i asked this question (past questions), i got a reply here that i should visit my study centre and ask for it in the library.

Here is my own challenge please:

I tried to download our study material (for PGDE), unfortunately, i got an error message " ERROR 404
This page doesn't exist !".

I also didn't see CIT 726 (Computers in Society) in the E-courseware.

Do you have these materials please?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Paradise163(f): 9:51am On Feb 14, 2016
You guys should please help me out. I paid for remita since on Thursday till today it's not reflecting on my e wallet. I got a confirmatory email from remita about the payment with my matric number. Please what am I to do? I really need to register my courses so I can access the tma
I paid through Access bank
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dest4real(m): 10:00am On Feb 14, 2016
Paradise163:

You guys should please help me out. I paid for remita since on Thursday till today it's not reflecting on my e wallet. I got a confirmatory email from remita about the payment with my matric number. Please what am I to do? I really need to register my courses so I can access the tma
I paid through Access bank

Sometimes, you have to wait for many days (up to 5 working days) for money to reflect in your E-wallet.

Until then, U need a chilling pill smiley)))
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Simcha: 10:31am On Feb 14, 2016
TastyTuoyo:

1) Yes it definitely possible

2)Noun is a self study institution there are no lectures but some unauthorised individuals set up tutorial centre.You attend on your own will.

100-200 level undergo e-exam it embodies multiple choice question and subjective question popularly known as german obj.300-400 undergo POP exam i.e pen on paper exam.

Assignment are conventionally called TMA it comprises of 80 multiple choice questions for each course.You answer and submit on your TMA portal.

3) Aforementioned there are no lectures,you study yourself. Yes, you can work and study

4) If the need arise you can change your study centre anytime.

5)The tution fee for fresh student is in the Neighbourhood of 70k.Returning student pay 13k compulsory fee for second semster and 23k for first semester.Note you register courses 2k for 2unit courses and 2.5k for 3unit couses.Exam fee is 1k for each course you register.
How accredited and functioning is NOUN B.Sc Nursing program? Is the program present in all NOUN study centres nationwide? How much is the total school fees like per year? How many courses must I take as a nursing or environmental student or computer science student? Do Noun students do practical. Please help a brother in need of information. Do Noun student do practicals? How much is the course material?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by IamLadyB: 11:00am On Feb 14, 2016

(1) (2) (3) ... (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) (520) ... (1581) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.