Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,668 members, 7,816,748 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (760) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3484205 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (757) (758) (759) (760) (761) (762) (763) ... (1580) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Henrydboss: 2:36pm On Sep 28, 2017
[quote author=jboixxx post=60912272] check the semester column[/quote You are very correct I just checked now
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Henrydboss: 2:49pm On Sep 28, 2017
Great NOUNITES pls what's the difference between computer sc and information technology? And can a NOUN computer sc graduate with 2.1 go for MSC in information technology directly without going for PGD? Thanks.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Yubee40(m): 3:28pm On Sep 28, 2017
No. You are wrong. I am an Msc Info Tech student. The programme is a 2 semseter (1 year) programme.
Henrydboss:

MSC Info Tech is 4 semesters PGD Info Tech should be 2 semesters
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by donplus1: 3:32pm On Sep 28, 2017
jacko007:
Please help a brother

Since the last upgrade of results, my G.p and credit unit has be reduce rather than increased, who do I have to meet to resolve this or any alternative idea here?
Thanks in anticipation
what upgrade and when?
wch faculty,i maybe be of help if u drop d necessary info..0.8067.362841 (WhatsApp)
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Henrydboss: 4:20pm On Sep 28, 2017
Yubee40:
No. You are wrong. I am an Msc Info Tech student. The programme is a 2 semseter (1 year) programme.
That's cool what did u study at undergraduate level? n do u knw if a computer sc graduate can go for MSC Info Tech directly without going for PGD coz when I checked d requirements for d program computer sc was not listed among d degrees which u can go for MSC Info Tech as long as u av 2.2 n above they only listed information technology, is there any difference b/w information technology and computer sc? Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jacko007(m): 4:32pm On Sep 28, 2017
donplus1:
what upgrade and when?
wch faculty,i maybe be of help if u drop d necessary info..0.8067.362841 (WhatsApp)

The last result upload on our individuals portal.. Environmental science
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ACE2DEVINE: 4:52pm On Sep 28, 2017
How do we get the TMAs for Pgde am new with noun
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ananne: 5:38pm On Sep 28, 2017
Pls has anyone been able to get Matric number this semester. It seems the school is having problems generating Matric number. I went there today and was told that they system kept saying I haven't been offered admission whereas I have my admission letter which I showed to them.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 6:09pm On Sep 28, 2017
ACE2DEVINE:
How do we get the TMAs for Pgde am new with noun
Tma is not ready yet, when it does you will know
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by donbrowser(m): 7:55pm On Sep 28, 2017
Henrydboss:
Great NOUNITES pls what's the difference between computer sc and information technology? And can a NOUN computer sc graduate with 2.1 go for MSC in information technology directly without going for PGD? Thanks.
While IT and CS degrees can lead to similar jobs, the differences between the two are quite pronounced. IT professionals should enjoy installing
computer systems, using software and maintaining networks and databases, while computer scientists should enjoy mathematics and software design.

2. If you have 2-1 or 2-2 (3.0 above) you can
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Henrydboss: 8:13pm On Sep 28, 2017
donbrowser:

While IT and CS degrees can lead to similar jobs, the differences between the two are quite pronounced. IT professionals should enjoy installing
computer systems, using software and maintaining networks and databases, while computer scientists should enjoy mathematics and software design.

2. If you have 2-1 or 2-2 (3.0 above) you can
Thanks man
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by odebode68(m): 9:47pm On Sep 28, 2017
Please, I can't print my admission letter after submission of application form. After input my RRR and UNIQ ID, and click Submit button, it shows nothing. Pls help me
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Galaxyroyp(m): 11:03pm On Sep 28, 2017
Hello house,

I have some questions—very important to me and answers to them might help others too.

1.) When will semester registration end(rough speculation is welcomed, but please stress it)
2.) When will course and exam registration close too?
3.) Can someone in 100L semester 2 register 10, or not upto that, out of 13 courses? If yes, will the remaining ​courses roll over to 200 level semester 1?
4.) I paid for 1 course last semester but the TMA wasn't available, talkless of being examined, what's the solution this semester? Also 1 course like that... TMA was available and did it but the body did not examine it. How will those be treated?

Thank you guys as I'm awaiting your clear answers.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Mikechinos(m): 2:27am On Sep 29, 2017
hello guys i missed some exams last two semester, is it possible to register more than the required credit unit
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by donbrowser(m): 5:00am On Sep 29, 2017
Mikechinos:
hello guys i missed some exams last two semester, is it possible to register more than the required credit unit
Not possible
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by donbrowser(m): 5:06am On Sep 29, 2017
Galaxyroyp:
Hello house,

I have some questions—very important to me and answers to them might help others too.

1.) When will semester registration end(rough speculation is welcomed, but please stress it)
2.) When will course and exam registration close too?
3.) Can someone in 100L semester 2 register 10, or not upto that, out of 13 courses? If yes, will the remaining ​courses roll over to 200 level semester 1?
4.) I paid for 1 course last semester but the TMA wasn't available, talkless of being examined, what's the solution this semester? Also 1 course like that... TMA was available and did it but the body did not examine it. How will those be treated?

Thank you guys as I'm awaiting your clear answers.
No time to stress anything:
1. October ending. Semester, course and examination registration all close together.
3. Noun is flexible, you can decide to write 2 courses too. Your deficit can be paid at any time before you graduate.
4. Some courses were not examinable last semester. Only if you post the course code, we can tell you what happened or will happen.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Hoodexboi(m): 5:38am On Sep 29, 2017
Breaking News: New Semester (2017_2) Registration

This is to welcome all returning students to the 2017_2 Semester. Please be informed that to commence operations on the portal for this semester you are required to register/sign-up on the portal.
You may click here to do so https://www.nouonline.net/gportal_reg.php

Please note that the registration involves the following;

1. Loading of e-wallet

2. Semester Registration (N18,000) which kick starts other processes for the semester

3 Course Registration: Please consult the List of Registrable courses available at http://www.nouedu.net/registerable_admin

4. Exam Registration: Required for TMAs and the forth-coming semester examinations.

Wishing you all the best in this semester

Source: http://www.nouninfo.com/2017/09/breaking-news-new-semester-20172.html
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ananne: 8:07am On Sep 29, 2017
ananne:
Pls has anyone been able to get Matric number this semester. It seems the school is having problems generating Matric number. I went there today and was told that they system kept saying I haven't been offered admission whereas I have my admission letter which I showed to them.

Someone should Pls answer
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ayungmony15(m): 11:17am On Sep 29, 2017
*ALERT: EXECUTION CHART FOR 2017_2 ACADEMIC CALENDAR*

The Directorate of Examination and Assessment (NOUN) release Execution Chart for 2017_2 Academic Calendar.

From the chart;

• Course and Exam registration is scheduled for 25th September till 25th of October 2017

• TMA to commence 1st of November 2017 and end on the 22nd of January 2018

• Pen On Paper Examination to commence on the 19th of January 2018 till 16th of February 2018

• E-Examinations to commence on the 20th of February 2018 till 16th of March 2018.

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by zinny7: 11:49am On Sep 29, 2017
ananne:

pls have they started screening for freshers
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by donbrowser(m): 11:50am On Sep 29, 2017
ayungmony15:

The Directorate of Examination and Assessment (NOUN) release Execution Chart for 2017_2 Academic Calendar.

From the chart;

• Course and Exam registration is scheduled for 25th September till 25th of October 2017

• Pen On Paper Examination to commence on the 19th of January 2018 till 16th of February 2018

• E-Examinations to commence on the 20th of February 2018 till 16th of March 2018.  
Na to just go dey hustle against next year be dat
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by life4rent: 4:20pm On Sep 29, 2017
ayungmony15:

From the chart;

If this is how semester will run, when will graduation list is going to be out?
over a year of finishing now since 2016 last year December.... NOUN
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Imoksp(m): 4:30pm On Sep 29, 2017
life4rent:

Same here.dont knw wats wrong wit NOUN.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jboixxx: 5:00pm On Sep 29, 2017
life4rent:

That will be released this year, I believe. I didn't even check my name on the list when I graduated, I just went to Lagos for my cert 2months after convocation. I'm sure your cert would be ready by now if you finished 2016.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ananne: 5:26pm On Sep 29, 2017
zinny7:

pls have they started screening for freshers

Yes they have. Go to your study center.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by HURRRICANE: 9:33pm On Sep 29, 2017
Is there anyone who reside in Ikorodu her please... A brother needs help..
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by zyead: 9:40pm On Sep 29, 2017
jacko007:

The last result upload on our individuals portal.. Environmental science

[color=#006600][/color]

Try and recheck some of the units mistakes has been corrected
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ayo2join1(m): 10:08pm On Sep 29, 2017
house kindly add me up to noun student group on whatassp 08160910156 thanx
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Imoksp(m): 11:04pm On Sep 29, 2017
HURRRICANE:
Is there anyone who reside in Ikorodu her please... A brother needs help..
Hello.i reside in Ikorodu.how may i assist u pls?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by HURRRICANE: 3:00pm On Sep 30, 2017
Imoksp:
Hello.i reside in Ikorodu.how may i assist u pls?
Boss.. Could you at least share me your cellphone number. It is kind of a slow processing thing. Here's mine . 0811-*7844**404
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by lexrichy(m): 5:24pm On Sep 30, 2017
Please help my IT results isn't showing but my coursemate own its out we defended the same day.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ayungmony15(m): 5:41pm On Sep 30, 2017
Imoksp:
Same here.dont knw wats wrong wit NOUN.
LIST OF QUALIFIED GRADUATING STUDENTS READY FOR CONVOCATION IS OUT ON NOTICE BOARD... PLEASE GO CHECK YOURS @ AT APAPA STUDY CENTRE, IT'S BEEN DISPLAYED ON THE NOTICE BOARD, I THINK THE SAME APPLICABLE AT LAGOS STUDY CENTRE, V.I.

(1) (2) (3) ... (757) (758) (759) (760) (761) (762) (763) ... (1580) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.