Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,213 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (826) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3475738 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (823) (824) (825) (826) (827) (828) (829) ... (1580) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 10:45am On Mar 13, 2018
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL PROJECT STUDENTS, ABUJA STUDY CENTRE

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Galaxyroyp(m): 1:49pm On Mar 13, 2018
Hello house.

I need the list of courses for Environmental Science and Resource Management 200L SEMESTER 1

Also, can I exclude Mathematics if my maximum credit unit—I'm talking about C courses— for a semester is met?

That Math can reduce someone's GPA. Lol!

Urgent response to these will be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 3:35pm On Mar 13, 2018
CALCULATING YOUR SCORE AND KNOWING YOUR GRADES AFTER EACH PAPER
(SIMPLIFIED EXPLANATION By Macharthony)

Immediately after submission, you will see two different grades. One of them would be over the total number of questions answered while the other would be over 100. For instance, if u did a paper of 35 questions, and answered 20 correctly, u will see 20/35 and 57.1/100. If u did an exam of 120 questions and did 60 correctly, u will see 60/120 and 50/100.

But regardless of the one used, your _average exam score_ is obtained by multiplying any of the two grades by 70.

e.g. 60/120 is equivalent to 50/100... hence, to know ur actual exam score, just say:

(60/120) x 70 = 35
OR
(50/100) x 70 = 35

Then add the sum of your best three TMAs to it to obtain your final grade.

So if u did 4 TMAs for instance and get the following: 10, 9, 8, 10... then the best three of all the TMAs is 10+10+9= 29.

You exam overall is over 70 and your TMA is over 30 to make your total grade over 100.

So with the above examples, it means the person scored 35/70 in exam and 29/30 in TMA, making 64/100 in all. This person has just made a *"B"* for that paper. Because:

70 and above is A
60-69.9 is B
50-59.9 is C
45-49.9 is D
40-44.9 is E
Less than 40 is F

For more info.
Macharthony solutions

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Onwuchekwe: 3:37pm On Mar 13, 2018
Pls I just applied for Undergraduate course in National open university, when am I expecting my admission? Tot I was supposed to tbe given the admission immediately?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 3:48pm On Mar 13, 2018
CERTIFICATE COLLECTION

Be Informed : Collection of Certificates for the 2017 graduates has commenced.

Certificates can only be collected from the National headquarters, NOUN, Abuja.

To collect your certificate, you are required to present your clearance form and any means of identification such as drivers license, student ID, National ID , voters card etc

Note : Each faculty has its day of collection.

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by comforterbility(f): 3:52pm On Mar 13, 2018
VIPICO:
Any students of the National Open University of Nigeria here? Let's meet and exchange experiences

SEE : NOUN PAST QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS

Do they offer Supply chain management/Procurement program in their post graduate sch?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by comforterbility(f): 3:56pm On Mar 13, 2018
Anthonyo15:
CERTIFICATE COLLECTION

Be Informed : Collection of Certificates for the 2017 graduates has commenced.

Certificates can only be collected from the National headquarters, NOUN, Abuja.

To collect your certificate, you are required to present your clearance form and any means of identification such as drivers license, student ID, National ID , voters card etc

Note : Each faculty has its day of collection.

Kindly give me your number, I want to get more information about the sch
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 5:28pm On Mar 13, 2018
Macharthony solutions (MS)��

Let me introduce you to MS. It started in the year 2012 when I became a student of NOUN and saw a lot of difficulties students go through ranging from unfriendly administrative staff, to lack of no conventional lecture, prey hanging around school compound seeking who to devour and so on.

Macharthony solutions was giving birth to in November 2012 at NOUN study centre sango, Ibadan (Ibadan study centre) and has been able to help a lot of students up till date and we still counting.

Our services⌛

1. Processing of new student application

2. Remita code generation (RRR)

3. Career counselling

4. Portal,semester, course and exam registration

5. IT, TP, field trip assistance

6. Project writing assistance

7. Course materials

8. TMA solutions

9. All Kinds of Past Questions

10. All NOUN related issues

Our testimony

We went through the system and came out with flying colours so we know about NOUN and we lead by example

We have lead a lot of students through, who also came out with flying colours

We keep ourselves abreast of NOUN matters

Contact

With just a click you can reach us on

08185025045(WhatsApp and call)

Distance is not a barrier.�
A trial will convince you...
Macharthony consult

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by VIPERVENOM(m): 5:47pm On Mar 13, 2018
Anthonyo15:
ATTENTION!!!

FOR THOSE DOING IT/SIWES

You are requested to forward your Name, Matric No, Program, study centre, Nuban account No, & SortCode to siwes@noun.edu.ng on or b4 Thursday, 15th March, 2018. Thank you
which one is nuban account number and sort code? I don't understand

MODIFIED: I've figured it out
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Onwuchekwe: 5:50pm On Mar 13, 2018
Anybody in Awka study center here?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Galaxyroyp(m): 6:34pm On Mar 13, 2018
Galaxyroyp:
Hello house.

I need the list of courses for Environmental Science and Resource Management 200L SEMESTER 1

Also, can I exclude Mathematics if my maximum credit unit—I'm talking about C courses— for a semester is met?

That Math can reduce someone's GPA. Lol!

Urgent response to these will be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by dhananjayag789: 8:11am On Mar 14, 2018
Get Freedom of Learning - Enhance your Skill by Learning at SIMPLIV
SIMPLIV.COM Offering Most Demanding courses for a fresher to get job.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Lewismartins69: 12:24pm On Mar 14, 2018
VIPERVENOM:
which one is nuban account number and sort code? I don't understand

MODIFIED: I've figured it out
but I Don see my IT result any need of me sending the information and I no even know Wetin d Nuban account number and sort code mean abeg make person explain
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by fabour8312: 1:16pm On Mar 14, 2018
NUBAN is your 10digit account number
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by fabour8312: 1:18pm On Mar 14, 2018
You get your sort code from your bank or account officer
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by hollayemy89: 1:20pm On Mar 14, 2018
Your NUBAN A/C Number is the new 10 digits account number unlike the old long digits being use by bankc and for the sort codes, your bank should get you that and you can get it as well by googling it online. It is basically for new ones about to do their IT. Visit your study centre for clarification

Lewismartins69:
but I Don see my IT result any need of me sending the information and I no even know Wetin d Nuban account number and sort code mean abeg make person explain
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Lewismartins69: 1:47pm On Mar 14, 2018
hollayemy89:
Your NUBAN A/C Number is the new 10 digits account number unlike the old long digits being use by bankc and for the sort codes, your bank should get you that and you can get it as well by googling it online. It is basically for new ones about to do their IT. Visit your study centre for clarification

i go submit am even doh I Don see d result
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by fhranchez(m): 2:09pm On Mar 14, 2018
Onwuchekwe:
Anybody in Awka study center here?
what course?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 6:44pm On Mar 14, 2018
GRADUANDS ARE HEREBY INFORMED THAT CERTIFICATES WILL BE READY FOR COLLECTIONS IN MARCH, 2018 IN THE FOLLOWING ORDER:

i. Faculty of Management Sciences - Monday 12th - Friday 16th March
ii. Faculty of Social Sciences & *Faculty of Sciences - Monday 19th - Friday 23rd March*
iii. Faculty of Education, Faculty of Health Sciences,
Faculty of Law, Faculty of Arts, Faculty of Agricultural
Sciences, CEMBA/CEMPA, ASCON - Monday 26th - Friday 30th March

Just wish they will bring them to our various study centres

2 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 7:16pm On Mar 14, 2018
Update

NOUMIS will work on data obtained from faculty officers to continuously process test and examination results of all students and generate a variety of comprehensive and reliable reports about the academic performance of each and every student of the University in a timely manner. Such reports will be available to authorized users across the University’s intranet.

In particular, NOUMIS will prepare comprehensive reports to be presented by Deans to the Senate and subsequently capture the approved results and make them available to various end-users in appropriate formats. This way NOUMIS will provide full technical support for the determination of qualified graduating students and preparation of transcripts and testimonials.

Source : www.nouonline.net

Be informed :
The result page is withheld at the moment due to students' results being processed.
Thanks

Brought to you by ITPinfo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Jazz2288: 8:55pm On Mar 14, 2018
Please can anyone tell me the subjects under Economics under faculty of social science
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 9:47pm On Mar 14, 2018
has anybody been able to check their results lately,(i l)difficult accessing the page.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by xtivin(m): 11:10pm On Mar 14, 2018
Please, I have B.sc geography and planning, which course can I do at noun?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 12:09am On Mar 15, 2018
comforterbility:

Do they offer Supply chain management/Procurement program in their post graduate sch?
Noun does not offer that. Check nouedu.net to see available courses
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 12:13am On Mar 15, 2018
Onwuchekwe:
Pls I just applied for Undergraduate course in National open university, when am I expecting my admission? Tot I was supposed to tbe given the admission immediately?
Yes, you are supposed to immediately if you meet the criteria. What did the system say when you filled the form?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by grevotech(m): 8:00am On Mar 15, 2018
Good morning . Someone should help me. I want to apply for undergraduate course on Entrepreneurship and Business Management under the faculty of Management science. Am currently in Port Harcourt. Who have an idea if The Admission Portal is open for new students? Please I need a reply... Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 8:13am On Mar 15, 2018
Hello... Could anyone please help me with the address for the study centers in lagos. Thank you.
2] A friend of mine mistakenly choose English Language education instead of English Language bsc.he already has an admission letter. How can it be corrected
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Asuokaa: 8:14am On Mar 15, 2018
grevotech:
Good morning . Someone should help me. I want to apply for undergraduate course on Entrepreneurship and Business Management under the faculty of Management science. Am currently in Port Harcourt. Who have an idea if The Admission Portal is open for new students? Please I need a reply... Thanks

yes it is I registered under the same course
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Asuokaa: 8:15am On Mar 15, 2018
timicutiee:
Hello... Could anyone please help me with the address for the study centers close to ikotun. Thank you.

i don't think Der is anyone at ikotun
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by grevotech(m): 8:37am On Mar 15, 2018
Asuokaa:

yes it is I registered under the same course
Thanka so much. What's your location please?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 8:48am On Mar 15, 2018
Asuokaa:

i don't think Der is anyone at ikotun

Thank you.
Where in lagos are the study centers and can you kindly answer the second question.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by sweetchi1011: 9:43am On Mar 15, 2018
i went to Portharcourt study center to make inquiry and was asked to pay 1000 for Remitta code and 3000 for processing of my form. I left there with the excuse of not having enough money on me, please, is this the right procedure?

(1) (2) (3) ... (823) (824) (825) (826) (827) (828) (829) ... (1580) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.