Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,493 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (828) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3488550 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (825) (826) (827) (828) (829) (830) (831) ... (1581) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 5:18am On Mar 17, 2018
I wish everybody rounding up their exam today all the best

The new semester will start immediately this one ends today with the final exam

We have been through this semester together and we are putting all in place to also ride along in the coming one with less stress

We play our part and we expect you to play yours

We love you all
From the stable of
Macharthony concept

2 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 5:23am On Mar 17, 2018
iyatrustee:
Anthonyo15, Is there any hope or news abt 2017 1st semester results that were not released?

NOUMIS will work on data obtained from faculty officers to continuously process test and examination results of all students and generate a variety of comprehensive and reliable reports about the academic performance of each and every student of the University in a timely manner. Such reports will be available to authorized users across the University’s intranet.

In particular, NOUMIS will prepare comprehensive reports to be presented by Deans to the Senate and subsequently capture the approved results and make them available to various end-users in appropriate formats. This way NOUMIS will provide full technical support for the determination of qualified graduating students and preparation of transcripts and testimonials.

Source : www.nouonline.net

Be informed :
The result page is withheld at the moment due to students' results being processed.

Latest results (2018/1) coming soon......
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ifunanyamaka: 7:46am On Mar 17, 2018
Anthonyo15:
GRADUANDS ARE HEREBY INFORMED THAT CERTIFICATES WILL BE READY FOR COLLECTIONS IN MARCH, 2018 IN THE FOLLOWING ORDER:

i. Faculty of Management Sciences - Monday 12th - Friday 16th March
ii. Faculty of Social Sciences & *Faculty of Sciences - Monday 19th - Friday 23rd March*
iii. Faculty of Education, Faculty of Health Sciences,
Faculty of Law, Faculty of Arts, Faculty of Agricultural
Sciences, CEMBA/CEMPA, ASCON - Monday 26th - Friday 30th March

Just wish they will bring them to our various study centres
Please I cannot go to Abuja this month, but I will certainly be in Abuja in April. What are the chances I can pick it up then and how do I know the designated day for my faculty being faculty of social sciences. Please this is urgent so a quick response would be appreciated. Thank you.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by stevebent(m): 1:18pm On Mar 17, 2018
Pls when can I apply for admission? Can I do that now?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 2:42pm On Mar 17, 2018
stevebent:
Pls when can I apply for admission? Can I do that now?
Of course you can. Admission is ongoing.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by stevebent(m): 4:15pm On Mar 17, 2018
Kazrem:

Of course you can. Admission is ongoing.
oh really? Thanks .
When am I required to pay the school fees? Can I pay it twice?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 8:01pm On Mar 17, 2018
stevebent:
oh really? Thanks .
When am I required to pay the school fees? Can I pay it twice?
When you have the money as long as course registration has not ended. You can pay for the number of courses you can afford and then pay for more courses as you can.

2 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by stevebent(m): 9:29pm On Mar 17, 2018
Kazrem:

When you have the money as long as course registration has not ended. You can pay for the number of courses you can afford and then pay for more courses as you can.
thanks. When will course registration end?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Marytee2: 11:23pm On Mar 17, 2018
Marytee2:
Good evening my people,
Please I need a clarification on this:
For those of us that just graduated, do they expect us that didn't go for convocation to still pay for gown before we will collect our certificate?
Then, can I authorize someone who stays in Abuja to collect the certificate on my behalf?
Thanks for your reply.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 6:22am On Mar 18, 2018
A semester gone

Am happy we have all moved a step ahead and I wished all of us the best as we wait for the result

It been a fulfilling semester that came with lot of challenges though but thank God we made it

I will like to use this opportunity to make a shout-out to everyone have met on this platform you all have been wonderful

I want to thank all who patronised Macharthony Solutions one way or the other, thank you guys were my strength

For your conduct on this platform I want to say it a wow, you've been wonderful

For those who believed in us I say a big thank you

To those who we couldn't meet their expectations I want to apologize and promise you that we will do better in the new semester

If I offended you in any way I want you to know that am so sorry ��

We have put a lot in place to improve on our service this semester so don't be skeptical on knocking at our � as you know distance is not a barrier

Our online presence won't be affected as well

Let get ready for the challenges ahead and know that we will make sure information is always ready available here to make our ride smoother

I love you all get on board and let ride together again

It your boy
Macharthony

Signed.....
Macharthony Solutions
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 6:23am On Mar 18, 2018
2018 first semester Portal Registration has commenced, follow this steps to re register in the portal,
Go to school portal
http:www.nouonline.net
Click on register and

Enter your:

Programme.
Matric Number .

Surname.

Other Names.

Email .

Mobile Number

State of Origin.

Password .

Verify Password

Then click summit.

New intake of new students has commenced.
Get your admission been proceeded with us
@Macharthony Solutions....

Call/whatsapp.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 6:25am On Mar 18, 2018
The school CALENDAR stipulates that 2018_1 semester officially starts on Monday 19th March 2018. So for people awaiting clearance, it’s your call to do the necessary, old student, you can start to fund your E-wallet now and register for the semester.

#Stay_informed

Macharthony Solutions
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Oladtwo(m): 9:16am On Mar 18, 2018
Have been trying to apply for M.Sc but is not going through. Hope the admission is still on....
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 4:51pm On Mar 18, 2018
Good evening all

I want to attend to some questions now

On missing an exam
If you missed any exam just calm down it won't affect your GP in any way, to me I don't call it carry over cos it won't be calculated with other courses you did when calculating your GP, you will simply retake it in a new semester and you will also retake the TMA

On portal semester registration
It a free registration to have access to your portal again, this also give you the chance to change your password if you think it has been compromised, you follow the steps posted earlier and you won't need to pay into your portal yet

On new semester
I am always of the opinion that students should not rush in doing this, it good to monitor the portal first before you pay and do your course and exam registration cos the school may decide to change one or two things

On your results
Results will be released at a later date so if you check your portal now you won't find it there, also result will be view in individual portal not that it will be pasted in your study centre

Please take a chill pill and relax for a while at least one week before you start doing anything on your portal

New student's screening
This will occur in your various study centre of choice I will advice you start going for your screening first week in April, at least let the staffs also rest a bit

hummmmmm
I don't know what to write on again but as i get more private questions I will keep you posted for general students benefit

Macharthony Solutions is your online NOUN solution so you can call or chat us up on any issue concerning NOUN and we will give you the best advise and provide solution where we can

We can also help with any kind of registration and also help in processing new application, just give us a chat and we be there for you. You need not to stress yourself when you have us here 08185025045 is our number

One love
Happy Sunday
Macharthony Solutions

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by QuietMynd: 10:30pm On Mar 18, 2018
Anthonyo15:
Good evening all

I want to attend to some questions now

On missing an exam
If you missed any exam just calm down it won't affect your GP in any way, to me I don't call it carry over cos it won't be calculated with other courses you did when calculating your GP, you will simply retake it in a new semester and you will also retake the TMA

On portal semester registration
It a free registration to have access to your portal again, this also give you the chance to change your password if you think it has been compromised, you follow the steps posted earlier and you won't need to pay into your portal yet

On new semester
I am always of the opinion that students should not rush in doing this, it good to monitor the portal first before you pay and do your course and exam registration cos the school may decide to change one or two things

On your results
Results will be released at a later date so if you check your portal now you won't find it there, also result will be view in individual portal not that it will be pasted in your study centre

Please take a chill pill and relax for a while at least one week before you start doing anything on your portal

New student's screening
This will occur in your various study centre of choice I will advice you start going for your screening first week in April, at least let the staffs also rest a bit

hummmmmm
I don't know what to write on again but as i get more private questions I will keep you posted for general students benefit

Macharthony Solutions is your online NOUN solution so you can call or chat us up on any issue concerning NOUN and we will give you the best advise and provide solution where we can

We can also help with any kind of registration and also help in processing new application, just give us a chat and we be there for you. You need not to stress yourself when you have us here 08185025045 is our number

One love
Happy Sunday
Macharthony Solutions
Are u on whatsapp.
Pls I want to ask some questions frm u

2 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 6:08am On Mar 19, 2018
QuietMynd:

Are u on whatsapp.
Pls I want to ask some questions frm u

Am on WhatsApp
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 6:18am On Mar 19, 2018
Good morning all

I will advise all students not to make any payment on their portal yet this is because the portal might have to undergo some general routine maintenance and this is how it used to be, if you make payment now you won't be able to do anything when the portal is fully back until you make a new payment in your portal irrespective of how much you have in it.

What is the essence of payment now when you can't even do your course registration

So in a nutshell keep your money for now and monitor the portal for sometime before you make payment.

Thanks
Macharthony

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 8:18am On Mar 19, 2018
Before we venture into GPA calculations; Note that;

70-100= A.
60-69= B.
50-59= C.
45-49= D.
40-44= E.
39 downwards= F.

Now, let us assume, I did 11 courses and this was how my score went in the 11 courses after calculating scores, with their units in front of them. Let’s assume these were my courses, grades & units;

1) ECN101 – B. 2unit course
2) TFC116- B. 2unit course
3) ENT121 – C. 3unit course
4) BAT128- C. 2unit course
5) GMB142 – A. 2unit course
6) BRF136- A. 3unit course
7) KFC108- A. 2unit course
8 ) GEJ158 – D. 3unit course
9) OBJ114 – D. 2unit course
10) IBB131 – E. 2unit course
11) FFK104- F. 2unit course

Now, we have 11 courses, with their grades & units in front of them. Let’s understand the grades;

A=5, B=4, C=3, D=2, E=1, F=0.

Now, let’s start with the first course ECN101 for calculation.

I scored B in ECN101 above. Since B= 4.
I’ll multiply 4 by the unit of the course, which is a 2unit course.
So; 4 x 2unit= 8. So for ECN101 = 8.

Next is TFC116, I scored B as well. Since it is a 2unit course, I’ll calculate 4 x 2units= 8. So, TFC116 = 8.
Next is ENT121, it was a C. C = 3, which is a 3 unit course. So, calculation will be; 3 x 3units= 9. ENT121= 9.
Next is BAT128, I scored C, which is a 2unit course. The calculation will be; 3 x 2units= 6. BAT128= 6.
Next is GMB142, I scored A. A=5, which is a 2unit course. So; 5 x 2units= 10. GMB142= 10.
Next is BRF136, I scored A, which is a 3unit course. So; 5 x 3units= 15. BRF136= 15.
Next is KFC108, I scored A, which is 2unit course. So: 5 x 2units= 10. KFC108 = 10.
Next is GEJ158, which is a 3unit course, I scored D, D = 2. So; 2 x 3units= 6. GEJ158= 6.
Next is OBJ114, which is a 2units course, I scored D. So; 2 x 2units= 4. OBJ114= 4.
Next is IBB131, which is a 2units course, I scored E. E = 1. So; 1 x 2units= 2. IBB131= 2.
Next is FFK104, which is a 2unit course, I scored F. F = 0. So; 0 x 2units= 0. FFK104=0.

Now, having done all the 11 courses calculation, we will have to finalized it by adding all the course calculations together. So that will give us;

8 + 8 + 9 + 6 + 10 + 15 + 10 + 6 + 4 + 2 + 0 = 78.

Now, add the total units of all the course together;

2 + 2 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 3 + 2 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 25.

So, divide the added course calculation by total units.

Which is; 78 ÷ 25 = 3.1.

So, there you have it, your GPA is 3.1. That is 2nd class lower.

Please, also take note that;

First Class: 4.50 and above.
Second Class Upper: 3.50-4.49.
Second Class Lower: 2.50-3.49.
Third Class: 1.50-2.49.

2 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Onacamng(f): 10:37am On Mar 19, 2018
Course Registration is still closed
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 11:02am On Mar 19, 2018
Oladtwo:
Have been trying to apply for M.Sc but is not going through. Hope the admission is still on....
It still very on. What problem are you having? You can send me a pm or whatsapp on 07030340696.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nounitesportal(m): 11:08am On Mar 19, 2018
Oladtwo:

How to apply for National Open University Of Nigeria Step by Step Guide with Picture

CLICK HERE
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nounitesportal(m): 11:22am On Mar 19, 2018
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by jonnm: 11:37am On Mar 19, 2018
The National Open University of Nigeria screening starts today in all the Noun study centres Across the Nation. Yet to register? Follow guidelines below:

NOUONLINE.NET/REGISTRATION

DOWNLOAD 2019/2020 ACADEMIC CALENDAR

DOWNLOAD COURSE MATERIALS
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 12:41pm On Mar 19, 2018
MONDAY update !

Final year students would need to conduct a *FINAL PORTAL ANALYSIS* to check all courses done and undone so as to be ready for their final clearance .
You can utilize this short semester if any work is left undone .

You might also need to be in the know that Students would now have to register in the new portal before accessing their respective portals as the new semester , according to the 2018 calendar has commenced today, Mon.19 March, 2018.

Away from the above, also know that Results are still being withdrawn due to the ongoing result markings and processing.
Results to be out soon !!

TMAs have also been taken for compilation.

The noun site . www.nouedu.net is being upgraded at the moment . Will be back shortly

More info as it unfolds ...

Macharthony Solutions

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by fabour8312: 1:14pm On Mar 19, 2018
Pls house I paid after generating the RRR to enable me pay the compulsory fee but up till now the payment is yet to reflect on my portal...what do I Do?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by UncleSnr(m): 4:45pm On Mar 19, 2018
fabour8312:
Pls house I paid after generating the RRR to enable me pay the compulsory fee but up till now the payment is yet to reflect on my portal...what do I Do?
Check RRR - https://www.nouonline.net/pay_check.php
Then check payment status from your portal while logged in https://www.nouonline.net/wallet_info.php
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 8:44am On Mar 20, 2018
The school portal, nouedu.net is now going. You can now check your registrable courses for your level and semester to have an idea of the amount you will pay for the new semester. Remember that compulsory fee is 18k for returning students, so you add that to the number of courses you are registering for the semester. Let's hit the ground running. May the Lord provide for us. Meanwhile, hold on your payment now for the time being. Only have an idea of the amount you will pay. You can contact us for any noun matter from application to registering for courses etc.
We are just a call or message away.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 10:42am On Mar 20, 2018
NOUN 2018 REGISTRATION HAS STARTED

Using this medium, this is to inform the general public that,
THE National Open University of Nigeria, has released the admission application and registration form for 2018 Admission.
candidates who are interested of studying in NOUN, can now message me for registration you can also refer your friends

SIGN..........
Macharthony

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Usmanemtee: 6:06pm On Mar 20, 2018
Pls can i change my study center??
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Kazrem(m): 7:26pm On Mar 20, 2018
Usmanemtee:
Pls can i change my study center??
Yes you can.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ayungmony15(m): 10:31pm On Mar 20, 2018
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Validcode: 6:12am On Mar 21, 2018
When will the results of the exam be released?

(1) (2) (3) ... (825) (826) (827) (828) (829) (830) (831) ... (1581) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.