Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,944 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students - Education (871) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students (3482185 Views)

What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) MBA Students. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (868) (869) (870) (871) (872) (873) (874) ... (1580) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 6:18am On Jun 26, 2018
If NOUN ask you to WALK...just start RUNNING grin

Lesson: Don't Procrastinate, "HASTEN"

Macharthony Solutions

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by llade(m): 6:23am On Jun 26, 2018
TMA 2 should start tomorrow so they should respect the schedule. TMA 1 closure is 12 midnight today.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ananne: 6:27am On Jun 26, 2018
llade:
But from the schedule TMA 1 deadline is 26th June 2018 midnight and TMA 2 starts 27th June. Then why will TMA 2 now open on 26th June.

Well it has started. Check your portal to confirm.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by ananne: 6:28am On Jun 26, 2018
llade:
TMA 2 should start tomorrow so they should respect the schedule. TMA 1 closure is 12 midnight today.

Really? You had three weeks to do this. Do if the school decides to cut out the last day.... You are to blame.

Check your portal first.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 6:39am On Jun 26, 2018
������������

WE HAVE STARTED AGAIN OOOOOO DON'T BE CAUGHT UNAWARE

TMA1 IS GONE...TMA2 IS ONGOING DO THE NEEDFUL

NOTE SCORING BELOW 8 MARKS IN TMA 1 ISN'T BAD PER SE HOWEVER IT COULD JEOPARDIZE YOUR CHANCE OF GETTING A GOOD GRADE BECAUSE WE NEVER CAN TELL HOW TMA 3 ARE GOING TO BE. STAY WISE.

```Anything you comprehend now is yours don't wait till it's rush hour.```

START READING

SAY NO TO PROCRASTINATION

�������������
KINDLY RECHECK YOUR TMA BECAUSE SOMETIMES THE SUBMITTED TMA'S WILL STILL BE UNATTEMPTED SO YOU HAVE TO RESUBMIT AGAIN.�.

START READING BECAUSE EXAM IS NEAR��

```Say NO to PROCRASTINATION```⌚

Misha Cares
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by llade(m): 6:39am On Jun 26, 2018
ananne:

Really? You had three weeks to do this. Do if the school decides to cut out the last day.... You are to blame.

Check your portal first.
The schedule says June 26th Midnight is the deadline for TMA 1 and TMA 2 starts on June 27th, thats tomorrow. This means from now till midnight today TMA 1 should be available.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by llade(m): 6:46am On Jun 26, 2018
Samisha500:
������������

WE HAVE STARTED AGAIN OOOOOO DON'T BE CAUGHT UNAWARE

TMA1 IS GONE...TMA2 IS ONGOING DO THE NEEDFUL

NOTE SCORING BELOW 8 MARKS IN TMA 1 ISN'T BAD PER SE HOWEVER IT COULD JEOPARDIZE YOUR CHANCE OF GETTING A GOOD GRADE BECAUSE WE NEVER CAN TELL HOW TMA 3 ARE GOING TO BE. STAY WISE.

```Anything you comprehend now is yours don't wait till it's rush hour.```

START READING

SAY NO TO PROCRASTINATION

�������������
KINDLY RECHECK YOUR TMA BECAUSE SOMETIMES THE SUBMITTED TMA'S WILL STILL BE UNATTEMPTED SO YOU HAVE TO RESUBMIT AGAIN.�.

START READING BECAUSE EXAM IS NEAR��

```Say NO to PROCRASTINATION```⌚

Misha Cares
But from the schedule should TMA 1 be closed by now?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 6:56am On Jun 26, 2018
morningstar55:
good evening all,please whoever has PAD341 should help a brother with a soft copy...its urgent,i beg you in the name of God.
somebody please help before TMA 1 disappears from portal
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by llade(m): 7:02am On Jun 26, 2018
morningstar55:
somebody please help before TMA 1 disappears from portal
It has disappeared already.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 7:03am On Jun 26, 2018
Surprisingly! TMA 2 IS OUT ALREADY!

While we were still contemplating and some students postponing, check your portals to find TMA2 loaded already.

THE CLOCK IS TICKING AGAIN: 20 MORE DAYS TO GO!!!

�����������������

TMA 2
Opening date: 27th June, 2018
Closing date: 18th July, 2018
12 midnight (17th July/18th July)

�����������������

TMA 3
Opening date: 19th July, 2018
Closing date: 14th August, 2018
12 midnight

Time waits for no man! Stop procrastinating.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by llade(m): 7:20am On Jun 26, 2018
Anthonyo15:
Surprisingly! TMA 2 IS OUT ALREADY!

While we were still contemplating and some students postponing, check your portals to find TMA2 loaded already.

THE CLOCK IS TICKING AGAIN: 20 MORE DAYS TO GO!!!

�����������������

TMA 2
12 midnight (17th July/18th July)

�����������������

TMA 3
12 midnight

Time waits for no man! Stop procrastinating.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 7:27am On Jun 26, 2018
llade:

That's why NOUN is not predicted, they are wrong for closing the TMA unaware and not on the stipulated time and date...It's wrong !!

Have any issue write to the below mail address.

VC - auadamu@noun.edu.ng

VC@noun.edu.ng

Registrar - iedoka@noun.edu.ng

Deans -
Faculty of Management Sciences - wiyiegbuniwe@noun.edu.ng

PG -smande@noun.edu.ng

Faculty of Agricultural Sciences- nmundi@noun.edu.ng

Faculty of Arts- dobieje@noun.edu.ng

Faculty of education-cokonkwo@noun.edu.ng

Faculty of Health Sciences-oagbu@noun.edu.ng

Faculty of Law- aakujobi@noun.edu.ng

Faculty of Sciences- molaniyi@noun.edu.ng

Faculty of Social Sciences- gadesina-uthman@noun.edu.ng

DVC (ADMIN) - vadedipe@noun.edu.ng

Dea - dea@noun.edu.ng

DVC (ACAD) - jeyisi@noun.edu.ng

Thanks
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Teddyg2(m): 7:41am On Jun 26, 2018
THANKS
Anthonyo15:

Gst301 is E-exam not Pen on Paper
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 7:47am On Jun 26, 2018
APAPA STUDY CENTRE!!!

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by llade(m): 7:49am On Jun 26, 2018
Anthonyo15:

That's why NOUN is not predicted, they are wrong for closing the TMA unaware and not on the stipulated time and date...It's wrong !!

Have any issue write to the below mail address.

VC - auadamu@noun.edu.ng

VC@noun.edu.ng

Registrar - iedoka@noun.edu.ng

Deans -
Faculty of Management Sciences - wiyiegbuniwe@noun.edu.ng

PG -smande@noun.edu.ng

Faculty of Agricultural Sciences- nmundi@noun.edu.ng

Faculty of Arts- dobieje@noun.edu.ng

Faculty of education-cokonkwo@noun.edu.ng

Faculty of Health Sciences-oagbu@noun.edu.ng

Faculty of Law- aakujobi@noun.edu.ng

Faculty of Sciences- molaniyi@noun.edu.ng

Faculty of Social Sciences- gadesina-uthman@noun.edu.ng

DVC (ADMIN) - vadedipe@noun.edu.ng

Dea - dea@noun.edu.ng

DVC (ACAD) - jeyisi@noun.edu.ng

Thanks
I appreciate and I have sent a mail protesting the premature closure of TMA 1 and request for it to be opened.

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by SimplySEA(m): 8:08am On Jun 26, 2018
llade:

I appreciate and I have sent a mail protesting the premature closure of TMA 1 and request for it to be opened.

God bless you Sir... You give guideline, you stick to it.

2 Likes

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 9:07am On Jun 26, 2018
Good morning Ladies and Gentlemen...I want you guyz to read the BOTTOM LINE carefully�

LATEST DEVELOPMENT ON TMA

TMA 1
Opening date: 5th June, 2018
Closing date: 26th June, 2018
12 midnight

TMA 2
12 midnight

TMA 3
12 midnight

BOTTOMLINE:

1) Students can now only read and do their tmas, no printouts
2) Only a TMA will be available for a student at a time, following the timelines provided. This means that no TMA is open-ended.
You must do your TMA within that period or risk a zero mark for that TMA
3) You must attempt TMA and exams to receive an end of semester grade for every course registered. This is a standard rule for university.
4) Ideally, a student should pass both TMA and exams to receive a pass mark for the course. Therefore, students should endeavour to do their TMA themselves as TMAs prepare students for their final examinations.
5) A student is expected to study the course materials, do TMAs and assignments in the course materials before attempting the online TMAs. Therefore, one (1) question will pop up at a time for student to attempt before the next question will pop-up. Where the student is not able to attempt for example, question 1.
6) There are three TMAs per each course registered by a student, a student is expected to attempt all. Each TMA has 10 test items(1-10)

By: Professor Godwin I. Akper
Director, Examinations and Assessment.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Tojued: 9:08am On Jun 26, 2018
llade:

You have to understand that midnight has two different meanings, in army time 00:00hours and 24:00hours. Today's 00hours is yesterday's 24hours and tomorrow's 00hours is today's 24hours. This is why when setting alarm i always use 11.59 instead of 12, to prevent this confusion.

The TMA became available 00:00hours on the 5th, so it shouldn't be surprising that it closed 00:00hours on the 26th. Based on when the TMA came out we ought to have assumed that noun's midnight = 00:00hours and not 24:00hours. There's a full 24 hour difference between both times.

Now, TMA 2 is supposed to become available 00:00 hours tomorrow. The school is actually ahead of schedule by releasing it 00hours today instead of 00hours tomorrow. They've dashed us an extra day by this action.

Based on the current trend, expect the TMA to disappear at 00:00hours on the 18th of July. In other words finish up your TMAs before you sleep on the 17th.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by llade(m): 9:24am On Jun 26, 2018
Tojued:

You have to understand that midnight has two different meanings, in army time 00:00hours and 24:00hours. Today's 00hours is yesterday's 24hours and tomorrow's 00hours is today's 24hours. This is why when setting alarm i always use 11.59 instead of 12, to prevent this confusion.

The TMA became available 00:00hours on the 5th, so it shouldn't be surprising that it closed 00:00hours on the 26th. Based on when the TMA came out we ought to have assumed that noun's midnight = 00:00hours and not 24:00hours. There's a full 24 hour difference between both times.

Now, TMA 2 is supposed to become available 00:00 hours tomorrow. The school is actually ahead of schedule by releasing it 00hours today instead of 00hours tomorrow. They've dashed us an extra day by this action.

Based on the current trend, expect the TMA to disappear at 00:00hours on the 18th of July. In other words finish up your TMAs before you sleep on the 17th.
But from their guidelines, TMA 2 starts June 27 so if there will be no gap, TMA 1 should be on till 12 midnight on June 26, 2018.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by llade(m): 9:58am On Jun 26, 2018
Also based on the guidelines that were issued, if a student misses TMA 1 and completes the rest TMAs and writes exams will the student receive a grade or score for the course(s)?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Anthonyo15(m): 10:01am On Jun 26, 2018
In educational setting, expensive mistake should be avoided by any means possible.
Students have right to their personal schedule. _TMA1 closure is today being 26th at Midnight. TMA2 is to commence 27th same month._
Affected students have a few hours to seek redress via E-mail or call-number to this regard; so that, management may consider & release TMA1 to complete the proper timing.
You may wish to circulate for information to reach as many as possible within the shortest time possible.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Tojued: 10:01am On Jun 26, 2018
llade:

But from their guidelines, TMA 2 starts June 27 so if there will be no gap, TMA 1 should be on till 12 midnight on June 26, 2018.

They could have left a gap if they wanted to.

My explanation is just to show you that you have no case, NOUN can defend themselves on theor actions.

Even when you're wrong and they're right, it's difficult to get them to respond. Talkless of when they have a good defense. Do you know how many people have clashing exams and the school refused to adjust timetable?

Please just do your TMAs (and all your processes with the school) on time. This is Nigeria, na who argue with oba dey tay for kneeldown.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Funkybabee(f): 10:25am On Jun 26, 2018
Tma2 is out
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by JOGICE(m): 11:37am On Jun 26, 2018
✔️
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by llade(m): 12:48pm On Jun 26, 2018
What has not been answered is if a student misses TMA 1 and does TMAs 2 and 3 and also writes exams will the student receive a grade for the course (s)?
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by llade(m): 12:50pm On Jun 26, 2018
Anthonyo15:
In educational setting, expensive mistake should be avoided by any means possible.
Students have right to their personal schedule. _TMA1 closure is today being 26th at Midnight. TMA2 is to commence 27th same month._
Affected students have a few hours to seek redress via E-mail or call-number to this regard; so that, management may consider & release TMA1 to complete the proper timing.
You may wish to circulate for information to reach as many as possible within the shortest time possible.
I pray they listen and abide by the issued guidelines.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by emmaclue: 1:25pm On Jun 26, 2018
Good day nounites. This one Noun is emphasizing on student I.d card at the exam venue. Please how , the format and where can I get my student I.d card done. Thanks for the anticipated response.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jun 26, 2018
morningstar55:
good evening all,please whoever has PAD341 should help a brother with a soft copy...its urgent,i beg you in the name of God.
Cc:Anthonyo15,Nounitesportal,samisha,kazrem,Nounonline...na beg I dey...esaree55@gmail.com
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by SimplySEA(m): 2:21pm On Jun 26, 2018
Anthonyo15:

Noun admin are seriously embarrassing themselves and the sch at large. The grammar is simple - midnight 26th of June. This is funny and could say a thing or two about standard.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 2:23pm On Jun 26, 2018
JOGICE:

I resubmitted my MTH course & while @ No.7 d portal went off. Will I get my scores 4d correct answrs gottn up 2 dat No. 7 or will it b Zero 4dat TMA 1 if I never got 2 No.10 & clicked d END button...Misha abeg care 4me_dis DISschoolDEYgiveMEheartATTACK! Wit dier wondrful changes, I dey feel my heart beat 4inside my Belle_evn food I nvr fit Chop cuz TMA(30mrks) na d major boost in passing dis Wicked MTH401...PLS I nid ur reply 2knw where I stand...

U EVEN TRY... YOU ATTEMPTED 7 OUT OF 10.. NO PANIC!!! MAKE SURE UR TMA 2 AND TMA3 ARE EXCELLENT..
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by Samisha500: 2:28pm On Jun 26, 2018
BOTTOMLINE:�

1) Students can now only read and do their tmas, no printouts
2) Only a TMA will be available for a student at a time, following the timelines provided. This means that no TMA is open-ended.
You must do your TMA within that period or risk a zero mark for that TMA
3) You must attempt TMA and exams to receive an end of semester grade for every course registered. This is a standard rule for university.
4) Ideally, a student should pass both TMA and exams to receive a pass mark for the course. Therefore, students should endeavour to do their TMA themselves as TMAs prepare students for their final examinations.
5) A student is expected to study the course materials, do TMAs and assignments in the course materials before attempting the online TMAs. Therefore, one (1) question will pop up at a time for student to attempt before the next question will pop-up. Where the student is not able to attempt for example, question 1.
6) There are three TMAs per each course registered by a student, a student is expected to attempt all. Each TMA has 10 test items(1-10)

By: Professor Godwin I. Akper
Director, Examinations and Assessment.
Re: National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students by kemijohnson(m): 4:30pm On Jun 26, 2018
Can I apply for an MBA directly with a bachelors in computer science?

(1) (2) (3) ... (868) (869) (870) (871) (872) (873) (874) ... (1580) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.